• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP or DS

PSP or DS

• PSP

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • DS

Votes: 86 84.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    DS. I haven't got any of them right now ^^" But I'd like a DS. The simple explanation is... DS has Pokémon! -blushes and runs-

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I've got both and I can say without a doubt in my mind that the DS is better. Sure, the PSP has some awesome graphics, but it pretty much ends with that. $50 for a handheld game is just too much, good games are released once in a blue moon, and the PSP itself is pretty pricey.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    DS. It has cool fetures..............
    That means you don't know what the PSP is capable of.

...you're comparing apples and oranges here, people. The DS has a touch screen, yeah? It just makes gameplay more gimmicky...the PSP has books full of features (which I'd rather not go into here).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    DS: Runs games; Pictochat feature.
    PSP: Runs games; plays audio; plays video; displays images; browses the Internet.

True there are a lot more things to weigh up, mostly on the PSP's end, but it gives you an idea of what one I prefer. xD
    That's overall though; I still like the DS because although I no longer play Pokemanz, I do play Advance Wars. :O

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • PSP from a technical standpoint is better, also really good that you can play nearly all the PSX games on it.

But I like my DS A LOT better, just because I found there weren't a lot of games for the PSP and you needed to do a lot of back-end work to get most downloaded games to play and by the time you had them working you were sick of them, and if you want to do homebrew you have to constantly keep up with the scene.

DS, I find has a lot better original games for and homebrow 9 times out of ten is just download, drag n drop, and play.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • On a Pokémon thread, I choose a PSP. I use it more than the DS and just like everything I can do on it. Basically, it's more useful to me more often than the DS.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    i prefer ds's over psp's cause the psp hasnt come out with much titles that interest me (else than final fantasy @_@)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've only played the DS, but I'm sure if I had a PSP I'd play that as well. I guess I like 'em both equally =P

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • I'm going for PSP here simply because it has Crisis Core on it, simnply put, Best game ever, though, I need a DS, so then I can talk about Diamond and Pearl and know I'm right.

Arctus Tibal

Beyond - Freedom
    Years
  • I choose PsP because although pokemon is a great game and all it really cant compete with the psp's graphics or gaming support (god of war, Crisis core, Ngame+ :P)

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I just simply like DS cause it has more... variety, I guess, and it also has Square Enix remakes (Final Fantasy III&IV as well as Chrono Trigger) and it has The World Ends With You, which is pretty good. In terms of games, I would like DS better. But if I was to compare what both systems can do and what not, I would choose PSP.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I always get Nintendo handhelds just for Pokemon and that's exactly why I currently own a DS over a PSP.

Back