• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP or DS

PSP or DS

• PSP

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • DS

Votes: 86 84.3%

• Total voters

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Agreed with Vivaa on the PSP not needing all the features. Besides, even if you were going to use a PSP for music, they are quite bulky and large and would make me consider buying an iPod if I didn't already have one so I dodn't need to lug the PSP around.

Cid

Years
    I'd choose the DS if I had to pick between the two...
    It's because I don't care about the graphics and sound, what I care about is the gameplay (usually the variety of it), and I think the DS has more of what I'm describing.
    Also, I've been an avid supporter of Nintendo, and Pokémon DPP is in it so...

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I have both, but I admit to RARELY playing PSP... only for watching movies when sitting on the subway or something

My DS however NEVER leaves my side and it's always on with a game. DS just has a bigger variety to choose from

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have both, but I admit to RARELY playing PSP... only for watching movies when sitting on the subway or something

My DS however NEVER leaves my side and it's always on with a game. DS just has a bigger variety to choose from

Thats me(or how I would be if I had a PSP), The DS has more games I play and is more stylish to me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The PSP is just capable of teh graphics.
    DS relly make the handheld ganeration to its next level.

gtfo now.

You obviously know nothing about PSP if you think it's only capable of "graphics"

I've got a PSP and had a DS (gave it to my sister) and although I did enjoy some DS games (Rocket Slime, Pokemon Pearl) I found I got bored of it fast. Similar story with PSP too I guess (Only it got played a lot more with my friends than the DS ever did), but then I got into homebrewing and now my PSP is a whole new experience for me.

But yes, PSP is by far the pinnacle of handheld gaming and in fairness was ahead of it;s time when it was released.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I have two of three friends with PSPs and it really just seems like the games that come out for it. Added to the fact that it just does what an iPhone does without the phone part, it's not super special awesome at all.

I prefer the DS's wifi capabilities better, plus the games have way more variety and appeal to many different audiences.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What kind of dumb question is this? Everyone knows that the DS is better.

The DS outsales the PSP by 5 times the PSP sales.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I'd say PSP.

I'm not big on nintendo products unfortunately and only bought a DS so I could play the new pokemon games, but eh. :x

Plus, the PSP is more to my liking, since it has a more wide range of extras, and it's pretty much like a mini PS3.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I prefer a DS, as it is the best tool for playing games that are fun-filled. DS has more multiplayer capabilities, and, with the right stuff, you can transform your DS into a multimedia device.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    I have both of them and I think the DS is better.
    I think you should wait for the DS-i as I think it would be a waste to get the DS Lite now. As the DS-i has much more features and it will help you more if you wait. It's up to you, but in my opinion you should wait.

-Neku Sakuraba

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    It's quite hard becuase both have got their up sides. I like the PSP a lot because of It's graphics and It's wide selection of games, I also love the fact you can watch movies and play music on it. Not to mention It's add ons such as; Sat Nav and Internet.

The DS is a great fun little thing. Seriously my Dad said I could only get one and I chose DS straight away. I mean all the games it has that I really like... Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda and some more. I also really liked the idea of a touch screen and pictochat (even though when I got it I didn't really find it useful.)

So, Overall I found the DS more to my liking. However, I want a PSP now and I'm actually saving up for it since I've already blown my money on a PS3.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I defiantly enjoy my DS way more then my psp. There is many more games for the DS and I just overall like it better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    On a whole, the PSP is a better system.
    But I voted DS.
    I'm still upset that my PSP got stolen.
    So I'm feeling rather DS-y lately?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The DS is my preferred handheld, and the reason why is probably because it has better games and I find it to be more innovative than the PSP.

While I do enjoy the PSP, I also find some of the features to be "unnecessary", such as internet access, and I don't find it to be as sturdy as the DS (In my opinion).

That's pretty much about it.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Well, both have good points. I like the graphics of the PSP and all the little things you can do with it. But I like how the DS plays. More interesting. Plus the DS has TWEWY, though the PSP has CC

But over all, I like the DS more.

Back