• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Islam, Christianity and Judaism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • These three religions are very closely related to one another, and they even believe in the same God and the same Prophets. But how well do we know each other? I myself am a Muslim, and I didn't know until about five years ago that as Muslims, we had to believe in Jesus as a Prophet of God, not a son of God or his reincarnate. But I still don't know much about Christianity or Judaism, and I would really like to find out about them. So, post the similarities and differences between the three religions and find out more about them.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Actually, we do, just in different ways. Christians believe in The Father,The Son and The Holy Spirit, while Muslims just believe in God alone. Jews do the same, but they believe that another prophet, whose Arabic name is Uzair, is the son of God. So we believe in the same God, but in different ways. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the same prophets. We believe in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Jonah and all of them. So, yes, we do believe in the same God.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The three religions actually do have the same base and background but there are major differences and thats where Gaga got that from.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I'm not sure if the Egyptians and the Greeks and the Romans would have that same view, don't you think?

Hmmm? I don't get you.

I said that we all believe in the same God, but its our idea of how to believe in God that makes us different. Like I said, we believe in the same Prophets, and God tells Muslims in the Qur'an to believe in the other books, like the Bible, the Torah and the Psalms. So, we do believe in the same God.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Actually, we do, just in different ways. Christians believe in The Father,The Son and The Holy Spirit, while Muslims just believe in God alone. Jews do the same, but they believe that another prophet, whose Arabic name is Uzair, is the son of God. So we believe in the same God, but in different ways. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the same prophets. We believe in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Jonah and all of them. So, yes, we do believe in the same God.

No we have completely different concepts of God. In fact, Islamic theology sees Christians as a polytheistic religion (the concept of the Trinity is actually pretty damn confusing) and it's believers as blasphemers.

Derrick: He's just talking about the three Semitic/Abrahamic religions.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • The Egyptians etc believe in like thousands of gods, if you were referring to my post. They're not monotheistic, like Gaga suggested. :|
    Erm, I didn't say that. I said that Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in the same God. Egyptians didn't believe in the same God that we do now.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • No we have completely different concepts of God. In fact, Islamic theology sees Christians as a polytheistic religion (the concept of the Trinity is actually pretty damn confusing) and it's believers as blasphemers.

According to the Qur'an, we think that Christians and Jews are the people of the book, meaning that they believe in one or more of the Holy Books sent from God to his prophets. The Christians still believe in God, but with partners. Same goes for Jews. And how could we not believe in the same God? Don't Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in Abraham?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • No we have completely different concepts of God. In fact, Islamic theology sees Christians as a polytheistic religion (the concept of the Trinity is actually pretty damn confusing) and it's believers as blasphemers.

Derrick: He's just talking about the three Semitic/Abrahamic religions.
    While there is disagreement between the three concerning the exact nature of God, there is no doubt that they believe in the same God. The key is Abraham, his God is the one that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam follow. In addition, all three of them consider the Old Testament, or Torah, to be sacred scripture.

Years
  • Well, yes. It's true. The sad thing is people in the US are led to believe that Islam is well to put it mildly "bad."

More people should be aware of this similarity and theological root since it means that about half of the World's population believe in the same God...=/

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I agree with gaga, like I said in a older post all off the religions are so a like but yet so different, like Þór and Hercules, Seifur and Óðin, Urður, Verðandi og Skuld and the three witches of faith,

All religion so that the end of the world will happen, in ástrú it's called Ragnarrök, and after that life will start over, it's a circle just like in Budishm,

All these religions are so a like so there must be some truth in it, because the religion in the old days were all in different parts of the world yet they are so alike so there must be some truth.

Mount Olimpush Ásgarður, and Gaga is right there is always one prime ruler:

God, Óðin, Seifur and the others.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    According to the Qur'an, we think that Christians and Jews are the people of the book, meaning that they believe in one or more of the Holy Books sent from God to his prophets. The Christians still believe in God, but with partners. Same goes for Jews. And how could we not believe in the same God? Don't Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in Abraham?
    Yeah? So what if we all acknowledge Abraham? His story goes down a different path between Judaism/Christianity and Islam. Furthermore the trinity isn't that simple to be described as "God with partners" and has lead to Christianity being acknowledged by many outside the religion as polytheistic. In addition, it's pretty clear that the trinity is completely different to just one singular god.
    While there is disagreement between the three concerning the exact nature of God, there is no doubt that they believe in the same God. The key is Abraham, his God is the one that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam follow. In addition, all three of them consider the Old Testament, or Torah, to be sacred scripture.
    Christians are considered to be blasphemers by the other two faiths. That is more than just a disagreement.

The faiths have the same origin, similar beliefs, customs and practices due to developing in the same region and from one another, but that doesn't mean that they share the same God. That's not even relevant when you consider the differences.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • We, the Christians, Jews, and Muslims do all believe on the same God. And what's this about Christianity being polytheistic? o_0. We aren't. The trinity is basically one God with three bodies if I'm remembering correctly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Hey! To Myself im a Muslim! There is also another Religion Called Hindusim That Only in India. They Believe that theres many god. And when someone die. they burn the dead Person.

to me as a Muslim. I Believe that theres only 1 God

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • These three religions are very closely related to one another, and they even believe in the same God and the same Prophets. But how well do we know each other? I myself am a Muslim, and I didn't know until about five years ago that as Muslims, we had to believe in Jesus as a Prophet of God, not a son of God or his reincarnate. But I still don't know much about Christianity or Judaism, and I would really like to find out about them. So, post the similarities and differences between the three religions and find out more about them.

im mus;im too. i actually know all that.
    prohet isa is Jesus
    Amen is Ameen
    As for Jews...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Hey, don't get flaming other religions, people. Jews have more in common with Muslims than Christians do, then again, they actually follow their religion better than Christians do. Apparently, Christians, Jews and Muslims are not allowed to eat the meat of a pig. A long time ago, Jews were being persecuted, and when they were pretending to be Christians to get out of persecution, the Christians began to eat pork to differentiate themselves from the Jews. The Jews would not eat pork.

That's why we have Christians eating pork while Muslims and Jews don't. And to answer ray's comments, we do believe that the Christians and Jews believe in God, but they associate partners with him. We still believe that you share the belief of one God, but you have different ideas of how to worship him. We never said you are polytheists, just that you made claims that God has a son.

Now, if you think that these three religions believe in different Gods, how did Christianity and Judaism get into the Qur'an? Aren't they totally different religions? I think not. They have the same roots, but the Bible, the Torah and the Psalms were changed, and parts of them were lost. And furthermore, how could all three religions have almost all the Prophets of God associated with them? Sure, Judaism rejects Jesus ad Mohammed, while Christianity rejects Mohammed, but before those two, we all share the belief of the Prophets. Also, the Prophet Abraham built the Ka'bah, the oldest mosque in the world. That must mean that he was a believer in God. And if he was the ancestor of all the Prophets to come, then they must've been believing in the same God as he did.

I think of Christianity as an 'upgrade' of Judaism. After all, Jesus was sent to the Jews to establish their religion when they were swerving to evil. And when the rest of the world began to go wrong, the Prophet Muhammad attempted to change it. He did succeed in changing the Arabs from cold-hearted barbarians to real humans with plenty of decency in their hearts.

So, Islam was esssentially an 'upgrade' to Christianity. It was brought to the world. If you were already a Christian at the time, you should've been racing to Islam. The mere similarity of the prophet Jesus (Arabic: Isa) should've had Christians converting to Islam on the double. After all, it was a change for the better.

So, I think we should begin to highlight the similarities between the three religions now.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hey, don't get flaming other religions, people.

I wasnt flmaing if your asking me.
    Jews cant eat pig? I didnt know that...
    Even though were all connected in some way, we still happen to fight all the time.
    (People in my school call Muslims Hindu! I am going to give them a piece of my mind. Racists!*Spits*)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yes the consumption of pork is such a major issue >.>

Hey I know we're not polytheists, but I know well and true that you do not believe that Jesus is divine, so our beliefs are at least incompatible there. The trinity is more than just "God with partners", and since Judaism or Islam doesn't believe in a holy trinity, then our God is different.

Um yeah. Of course Christianity follows Judaism. Those who practice the faith believe that Jesus is the messiah foretold by the Jewish prophets.

So, Islam was esssentially an 'upgrade' to Christianity. It was brought to the world. If you were already a Christian at the time, you should've been racing to Islam. The mere similarity of the prophet Jesus (Arabic: Isa) should've had Christians converting to Islam on the double. After all, it was a change for the better.
    See, and that's why he's included in the Koran - to draw Christians into the Islamic faith. Plus Jesus and Mohammad have incredibly different teachings.

Frankly I want to know why you're so insistent on this? Is it because you think ~if everyone is the same then we can all be friends~?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^To much to handle at once. >___>
    Anyway, I heard (and its probably wrong) that one day, these groups will clash.
    True or False?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back