• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
  • For the 3rd time, I've remade this thread after the old one got all dead, and wasn't never replied :D

Arceus: The last Pokémon so far to be finally officially revealed by Nintendo, and the only one so far to be illegal in the Pokémon Games, in everyway posible.

Classified as the Alpha Pokémon, it's sure worthy of the title, with a total base stat points of 720, the highest one so far, with 372 total in any stat, and an Arsenal of moves, including its ever type-changing Jugdment.

In my opinion, one hell of a Pokémon. But that's just me! What is YOUR opinion about it? Post what you think of the "God" Pokémon.

Years
  • I like the concept of its Multitype ability, but personally I dislike it when Nintendo makes pokemon like this, because they're too strong to use in most cases, so it sort of feels wasted. It's also annoying that I'll probably be seeing tons of teams on PBR having Arceus on them once everyone has him, ugh. -_-

The design is sort of interesting, but I know that many people think it's dumb.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Well, if you just participate in non-uber battles, then you're fine.

Now, if you were to classify what sort of Pokemon Arceus is, then...

Arceus - Super Uber Hax Overpowered God Pokemon.

Conpared to say, Pikachu...

Pikachu - Electric Mouse Pokemon...

See the difference?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I don't know about any of you, but I think that Nintendo is overdoing this.

I mean, Pokémon isn't ready or even needs a 'God' Pokémon.

Also, I'm not going to argue or bash about it's stat, as there are uber Pokémons out there that are my favorite, but I'm just saying that they're on the verge of crossing the line.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It has a divine design
    It has the type changing ability
    It has the highest stat total
    Its God in the pokemon world

Whats not to like?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Nintendo definatly overdid it.

Arceus is supposedly the god PKMN, but anybody what Mew is called? Hello, it was called the ancestor of all PKMN? That means it is related to ALL PKMN. Now we supposedly have a god. Dont get me wrong, Ill take the chance to get one, but Nintendo should have made a god of all PKMN when they were certain to stop making PKMN (Which I hope they dont think about doing anytime soon....)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nintendo definatly overdid it.

Arceus is supposedly the god PKMN, but anybody what Mew is called? Hello, it was called the ancestor of all PKMN? That means it is related to ALL PKMN. Now we supposedly have a god. Dont get me wrong, Ill take the chance to get one, but Nintendo should have made a god of all PKMN when they were certain to stop making PKMN (Which I hope they dont think about doing anytime soon....)

You can consider Mew as the terrestial Universal Common Ancestor. Or the first being(s) alive on earth. Both scientifically and religiously, I don't think it (they) was/were related to God. :O

Also, Arceus is H4X0RD 5TUP1D1TY in games. In the anime it would be expectable for it to kick really large Wailord trunk all the time. ._.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Arceus was a little overdone by Nintendo.
    I think it should be a little less powerful just a little.
    It doesn't need to be as powerful as it is.
    It should be at level 70 like all the other legendary Pokemon when you beat the elite four (such as Heatran level 70) in the game.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • Arceus is strong, maybe a bit too strong. Unless you do Uber battles you're never going to see it in battle (over the net anyway). So it's basically a bigger, more powerful, novelty Pokémon.

Edit: And when it becomes available EVERYONE will be using it in Uber battles, so there's no variety (not that there was much variety in the Uber category anyway).

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • If any pokemon is to be considered the strongest of them all it should be Mew imo. Defnitely not some new one that shouldn't even technically exist. If you choose based on the story in the anime, it seems like ho-oh should be the strongest, invinceable even. Although they say pretty much all of the legendaries created the world or something along those lines... too much imo.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
  • In my opinion, I don't believe a "God" Pokemon should be obtainable or able to be battled. I know that Pokemon is far off from real life, but how can the creator fight the created? I see no problem with a God Pokemon--one that can possibly even be seen at times--but it should not be able to be confronted in battle or confined in a pokeball. Its purpose would be to spawn fables, to create mystery, and to offer answers; much like the God of reality. Note: What I said is not to create a flame war, got it?

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
  • OK
    Mew:Cute pokemon with a ability to use any attack.
    Arceus:A pokemon which can be any type,but does not know every move.
    Mew should basiclly be the "God".She can use any attack(Something Arceus lacks)Can be any type(She can use Transform.Arceus lacks transform).Arceus should be able to know every attack.Since He can change types.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I personally am toying with some Uber teams, and I am looking forward to have the Alpha pokémon on those teams. It's always surprised me that Nintendo didn't make a 'God' pokémon earlier, and so I'm quite pleased to see him/her finally revealed and I'm looking forward to owning one.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    To be honest it isn't godly. I mean sure 120 across the board is awesome and it can really do anything and is totally unpredictable. It is powerful and unpredictable but can be beaten.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I dont like the Alpha Pokemon legend. I think it would of been better if the made the Alpha a dragon pokemon. Or even better, they didnt make an Alpha at all. We really dont need an Alpha Pokemon. Pokemon should be based on the skills they have. Not because they are suppose to be the Alpha Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back