• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like most about The PokeCommunity? (tPC)

Favorite thing about PC?

• Blogs

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Friends

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Threads

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Whatever makes me happy X)

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    A comments thread of sorts, but a poll as well. I'd like to know what you think is the best thing about PokeCommunity.

No poll added to the thread, I want your personal reviews about PC. Anything less than 3 lines and 5 sentences won't count.

Years
  • ...riiiight, Spey, adding a rule for this sort of thing seems a bit pointless, members can express themselves however way they wish and should have a good degree of freedom to do that, sure not many may be all that wordy, but the fact that they're not too wordy about it can imply they have a simplistic approach about PC, besides, polls are posted for input, so that rule seems rather meaningless. >_>

Anyway, the one thing I like about PC the most? The community, there is a variety of people here and various groups that are brought together in a single forum, there are many wonderful talents here and I love the way people express themselves using the features that are provided, if anything, communication and expression helps make a community.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ahaha! I have to agree with you on that rule Siggy~

Anyways, I'll be brutally honest. PC isn't the same way it was back in 2004. I miss those days. Maybe it's just because back then I felt more like I fit in or something, I don't really know. I suppose I fit in now better than I did then, but I just don't feel that way. Not saying that PC is a bad place to be though. Regardless of whether I feel welcomed here or not, won't stop me from enjoying it with my friends. I'm probably PC's worst nostalgic guy ever, I've rattled chains non-stop to help bring back some semblance of what it used to feel like...but eh, I guess in my own way, it proves how much I do enjoy this community. :D
    Besides, it's not like I'm so petty to not accept the change as it comes. Yes, I will probably always be PC's #1 sentimental old fool, but hey...that's just how I show my appreciation for the place. ;P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like that Gummy is a member here.

But um, I like that even with all the drama, most people are able to be friends again with eachother eventually, and I think that's a good thing... yeah, even if it takes yeaaars, idk, everyone just seems to be friends again. The people in general are just amazing, and they make me happy so I keep coming back here? idk, there are lots of things I like about PC but I can't really just describe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Did you not read this simple, but important rule for this thread?

I didn't see you writing 3 to 5 lines Spey. Don't know why others would have to abide by such a restricting rules for such a simple thread.
    But yeah moving on..
    If I were to sum up PC in a couple scentances and state the reasons as to why I like it; it wuld be this. PC is honestly the best forum I've been on. Mainly for it's members. I could hate pokemon, the threads that are posted and the way the forum is run (not saying I do because I like each) but I would stay for it's members! Sure there are your contorversial instances and the odd member who goes too far every now and then but that's why we have rules and staff and other people to state their opinions also. So for me PC's members keep me ticking over. The fact that there is such bonding within a forum like the bond in which I've experianced with friends of mine within PC really shows what a great place we have here. Sometimes maybe I wish there was a little more honesty but I guess you can't expect too much on the internet, you can percieve yourself in any way you want to therefore there will be a lack of honesty from person to person, be it protecting their identity, trying to be the person they've always wanted to be seen as or even just trying to fit in. If everyone was just themselves most of the time I'd retract what I said. It's not like there's secrets and lies going on everywhere, I guess I just like it when people are themselves. Then again PC has a lot of members who are true to their indentity, I may seem as if I'm contradicting myself however I hope you catch my wording ;o;. So without going too much further PC's members are seriously the best thing about the community if I'm to be honest. Without them I would have no reason to be here at the moment. I love posting too but I didn't want to be over generic ;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    I like the mail part were you get to private message other people.
    And how making a signiture (sorry i cant spell it) is so easy!

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I didn't see you writing 3 to 5 lines Spey. Don't know why others would have to abide by such a restricting rules for such a simple thread.
    I don't take part in this poll, I want to see what the community at large thinks. So I don't have to abide by that rule anyway

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    What is there not to like? Theres VM's, PM's, Friend requests, etc. Everyone can chit chat about mostly anything. You can just hang out on here and have fun. Talk with your online friends and make new ones. And one day you can me well known here :DDD.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Mmmm....probably the people and the atmosphere. I've said before that PC is unique in so many ways due to its ability to bring so many people together with common interests. I'm glad to have met all of my friends here :D

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I like the way that (mostly) everyone at PC is friendly and helpful. The Fanfiction Community is better than anywhere else, people joke and generally have a good time. The people here are friendly, the site is well organized and well maintained. The degree of flexibility is also good(If you know what I mean).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The best part about PC for me is knowing you're here to guide us to maturity and deep discussion, Spey. :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I have a lot of reasons. One has to be the recent and always hilarious rep drama. Ah while it lasted it was glorious and I got my bests laughs out of it. Two has to be the people. I have friends, enemies and people who just get irked the hell out of me but do I give? No because I will always feel welcomed and safe in our humble forums no matter how many people get pissed at me. Third reason has to be the moderators. They are friendly and helpful and do their job better then any mod on any forum. In a corrupted internet with mods being people from years ago where people do not know em because of waves of new people PC has those people but they are not the corrupted of the net. Its like we have the last batch of honest police. Another thing is that I appreciate their work and honestly feel they are underrated in every way. No I am not sucking up and do not dare tell me that because what I feel is what I say. Another thing that I want to point out is the shear amount of honesty people can have with each other when known enough. So in conclusion I just love PC in general because we are all part of a big family. One who has conflicts here and there or just general drama with a wide assortment of jerks, annoying cousins, the ditzy blond just everyone.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Okay, I have some of my best ifriends on here, we share interests that no person near me likes. For instance , Graphic Making. I hardly know anybody who can listen to me, knowing what I'm on about.
    Plus It's a friendly place. If it wasn't I wouldn't have been on this website for the year [And a few days] I have been here. I would have quit. But as I like this place so much, I haven't bothered quitting as it's a nice place.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I just like the chilled-out atmosphere here. Blargh, I went to serebii once and I ran away without registering after reading about two threads. Sure, we some trolls, some n00bs and some idiots here too but you have to admit, the place as a whole is pretty damn friendly.

Plus, i liek the pokemanz

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I like it because I've made plenty of friends here, and it's really a tight-knit community where you can just go up to anyone and say hello to them without feeling awkward. I also like the fact that people don't criticise you for your choices, likes, dislikes, and so on. Sure, not all of us get along, but we don't all show it, now, do we?

Back