• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
Years
  • They don't have to be special types look at Leafeon and Flareon both are physical attackers. And please stop saying that there will be light types cause you know there won't be any.

LEARN TO READ. I SAID EEVEELUTIONS ARE PRE-GEN4 SPECIAL TYPES. Before the special/physical split in Gen 4, fire, water, electric, grass, ice, psychic, dark and dragon were all JUST special attacks. Dragon typing is the only non-eevee left.

It's clearly a "warewolf like" pokemon. Dark/Fighting.

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • <- Still sticking with Riolu evolution since Riolu evolves into Lucario during the day and it could evolve into a werewolf by night.

:S

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    gen5pokemonzxousfinala.png

The guy who made that is named Xous, he's on Pokebeach. Just so that everyone knows.

I agree that its definitely the coolest interpretation yet and I wouldn't be disappointed one bit if it looked close to that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see it as an evolution. If it has dominion over anything, I see it being a legendary.

As for design, I see it being sort of like a Keaton from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, though a bit darker.

A Lucario evolution is... possible, I suppose. But I can't see the hair / mane on Lucario. Plus, Lucario's strong enough. Mightyena is just laughable, I'm sorry but it is. If anything, I'd say a Sandslash evolution.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • LEARN TO READ. I SAID EEVEELUTIONS ARE PRE-GEN4 SPECIAL TYPES. Before the special/physical split in Gen 4, fire, water, electric, grass, ice, psychic, dark and dragon were all JUST special attacks. Dragon typing is the only non-eevee left.

Take a pill. TYPING LIKE THIS will not get your point across and only makes it look like your flaming. This new Pokemon isn't "clearly" a werewolf-like Pokemon, it could be anything bi-pedial.

Back on the subject of the mystery Pokemon:

I highly disagree that it's the "Champion Z" from the upcoming movie. The silhouette doesn't strike me as an important enough Pokemon to be "Z". For all we know "Z" could just be some evil entity from another dimension, not particularly a Pokemon.

Years
  • Z could be some person, I agree NEP.

So lets see the tally, shall we?

Lucario Evo
    Riolu Branch Evo
    Mightyena Evo
    Legendary
    Snadslash Evo
    New Pokemon
    Manectric Evo
    Person

Does this seem weird to you at all?

Also, that guy wasn't flaming. He was making a point.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • LEARN TO READ. I SAID EEVEELUTIONS ARE PRE-GEN4 SPECIAL TYPES. Before the special/physical split in Gen 4, fire, water, electric, grass, ice, psychic, dark and dragon were all JUST special attacks. Dragon typing is the only non-eevee left.

Well things change so it is very much possible for there to be physical type eeveelutions.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • It's either resembling a werewolf or a grandma with bad cramps..

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • So far Riolu evolution and Mightyena seem the most probable to me. If that is indeed a tail and not a pony tail than it's a similiar one to that of Riolu.

This is the coolest so far.

Look at what Filb.de (German website) posted:
    http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/857097Zoom_Nouveaux_Pokemon_5G__.png

Why is it in french if it's from a german website? Not sure to believe it but I think they might be on to something. I believe it was described as a Ninja pokemon (most people seem to think it's a shapeshifter) and that thing looks pretty dark and ninja-like to me.
    It's not my favourite design so far but I think it could grow on me.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I just really hope it's a tail and not a pony-tail. Pokemon shouldn't have hairstyles in the wild. I can just see it getting attacked and losing it's pony tail so all the hair can come down and all I can say to that is...no, please no.

Years
  • Nowhere was it said that the silhouette was an evolution to any current Pokemon. Yet everyone is so quick to say it's an evolution, or a forme. Think of it this way, in the movie, this Pokemon is chasing Celebi, a Pokemon who can travel through time. So this Pokemon must also be able to travel through time, something Mightyena cannot do, and I doubt an evolution would give it that ability. It could very well be one of the new legendaries.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I find their method highly unlikely. I can't see them being able to get that clear of an image out of that small spot, not even with an advanced program.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Nowhere was it said that the silhouette was an evolution to any current Pokemon. Yet everyone is so quick to say it's an evolution, or a forme. Think of it this way, in the movie, this Pokemon is chasing Celebi, a Pokemon who can travel through time. So this Pokemon must also be able to travel through time, something Mightyena cannot do, and I doubt an evolution would give it that ability. It could very well be one of the new legendaries.

To be fair, no where does it say it's not an evolution of a current pokemon either...I don't think it's totally fair to write it off as anything really. Bagon and Shelgon can't fly but Salamence can. =/
    I can kind of the see the german/french design (as well as others but theirs seems to be the most "nasty" looking) time travelling...and chasing Celebi...either way it supports that this pokemon is probably not going to be the friendliest of the bunch.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • jp said:
    I find their method highly unlikely. I can't see them being able to get that clear of an image out of that small spot, not even with an advanced program.
    No, no. I'm sure it's fake. But it's intersting anyways.
    I just really hope it's a tail and not a pony-tail. Pokemon shouldn't have hairstyles in the wild. I can just see it getting attacked and losing it's pony tail so all the hair can come down and all I can say to that is...no, please no.
    Well, man, Jynx wears a dress and Machoke, a belt. Even wild Pokémon have their fashion. =D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I too would rather it not be a pony tail. A tail would be much cooler. :P

Years
  • To be fair, no where does it say it's not an evolution of a current pokemon either...I don't think it's totally fair to write it off as anything really. Bagon and Shelgon can't fly but Salamence can. =/
    I can kind of the see the german/french design (as well as others but theirs seems to be the most "nasty" looking) time travelling...and chasing Celebi...either way it supports that this pokemon is probably not going to be the friendliest of the bunch.

True, Bagon and Shelgon cannot fly, but it is known that Bagon always dreamed of flying. I've never heard of Poochyena dreaming of time travel.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • True, Bagon and Shelgon cannot fly, but it is known that Bagon always dreamed of flying. I've never heard of Poochyena dreaming of time travel.

That's true, but the DPPt pokedex (for Poochyena) entry states

"A pokemon with a persistant nature, it chases its chosen prey until the prey becomes exhausted."

If chasing a pokemon through time isn't persistant than I don't know what is.
    I do agree with you though, I think it's most likely going to be a new pokemon but I'm not willing to right off the other possibilities. Such as a Mightyena, Riolu or Sandslash evo.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Well, if this Pokemon is chasing Celebi, then a new speculation opens up: Predator v.s. Prey. Celebi is based off of what? A fairy? What're a fairy's predators in most fiction?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back