• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glasses or Contacts?

Which do you have; which do you want?

• Glasses; Contacts

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Contacts; Glasses

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Glasses; Glasses

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Contacts; Contacts

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I don't need either

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • I really need a new pair of glasses, but lately I've been wondering if I should get contacts instead. So I'm putting the question out there:

Do you have contacts or glasses, and which one would you rather prefer or why? (Answer the latter even if you don't need either, I guess).

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I don't need either or want either. But, if I had to have one I would pick contacts.

Years
  • I have my glasses, which I love dearly. I don't know, as good as I can look without them sometimes, I don't really want to bother with contacts. The thought of putting them on my eye kind of makes me nervous. >_<

I still need to get a new pair of glasses, though... they're several years old and I need a new prescription.

Gaelic

No.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    COLOUR, contacts. So I have "fake" eyes. I seriously looked ridiculous with glasses so I went with expensive colour contacts.

Years
  • It's amazing that I don't need the use of corrected lenses since I've been on the computer so much these past few years. If I ever need one, though, I'd choose glasses any day of the week. I don't feel safe putting anything that could potentially scratch a cornea. Besides, I dig the glasses look. (b'')b

Ayselipera

I don't have the need to wear glasses or contacts, but if the time ever comes when I need to then I'd get contacts. I've tried on many different pairs of glasses just for fun and I always look terrible in them. Other people have even told me that I can not successfully pull off a pair of glasses. :3

That being said I've seen tons of kids at school who look better with glasses on. They just don't work for everyone. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'd love to be able to wear contacts, but I can't. The skin around my eyes is far too oily for me to properly open my eyelid manually. XD

Soo, it's glasses for me until I'm old enough to afford Lasik. XP

Years
  • I have had glasses since I was 5, and, because of this, when I tried switching to contacts 4 years ago, my reflexes ended up being so strong that I had to be pinned against a wall and have someone else put the contacts in for me, but even then it wasn't a sure thing if my head could still move. XD; So, yeah, after having to do that for a couple weeks, glasses were far simpler of a choice for me, since they're so much easier to put on.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I wear glasses and I developed the need for them later in life (my senior year of high school no less) and as much as I love my current pair (and thank god they hide the bags under my eyes when i ahve to get up early) i really miss not needing them. I've tried contacts before but i never got adapted to them or afford them. Personally I'd rather be in contacts, but im holding out for Lasik because I just cant do it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i have to wear glasses/contacts when i drive or i am an "illegal driver" and a threat to civilization. i can't wear contacts because they irritate my eyes and unfortunately i've lost my glasses

X53eU.gif

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • Even though I don't wear glasses nor contacts, I rather choose glasses because I'll chicken out in the last second of putting my contacts.

I sure do live up to my Brave nature...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Glasses. Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy having Contacts and wearing them every now and then.... but half the time I'm too lazy to even put 'em in so yeah. xD;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't have to use either but if I had to choose I'd probably choose glasses. I just don't like the fact of putting something in my eye. If I had to do such thing my eyes would become more sensitive than they already are. And an added bonus for glasses is that they make you look so sophisticated. 8-)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Contacts wouldn't work for me because I need prism to allign my eyeballs up :D Also got this funky sticker with lines on one lense that adds like a billion more prism and gets really dirty really easily and is really hard to clean which would be annoying if I saw properly out of my left eye which I don't and stuffz. Seeing as I barely clean my glasses I don't really think I could be bothered with contact lenses even if they were an option :/
    Besides, I look good in anything and nothing and glasses are easy xP

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    oh god I wore glasses for like a month and they made my headaches so much more worse than without them

so I got contacts and I've been fine ever since. I didn't need them for my eyesight per say, but if I don't wear my contacts for a couple of hours I get a migraine ;-;

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I don't need glasses but I've always kind of wanted them. If I did I'd definitely stay away from contacts, they freak me out. I'd rather not be sticking any foreign objects in my eyes for extended periods of time, thanks. @_@

Back