• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so Does Anyone here like 80s Music?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Hey guys,
    I was listening to the radio in my town (Kent) yesterday when they played this 'new' band called Memorial Beach - memorialbeachmusic dot com The music was really good but it sounded like it came straight from the 80s - it made me

laugh cause I remember the time when no one would admit they liked 80s music and now its back in style.

Their website actually looks pretty rudimentary, not even a band photo on the site but I did like the song I heard - it reminded me of some bands I used to listen to a lot like the Cure, Human League, Cars, Smiths, etc.

So what kind of bands did you guys listen to back in the day? I think I'm gonna bust out my record collection again. :)

Years
  • Not really the right place for this thread.
    I have a large record collection myself, spanning the better part of 5 decades.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I like 80's music, but it's so much better to discuss such in Other Entertainment.

Years
  • I actually don't have much variety of 80s music in my library, although it certainly was a great decade if you looked past some of the mediocre pop music. You've got Coda, the Led Zeppelin album released after the band broke up with all their songs that weren't put on any of their other albums, there were no wave bands like DNA going around, Sonic Youth began and continued to release amazing records throughout the 80s (especially Bad Moon Rising), towards the end you've got classics like My Bloody Valentine's You Made Me Realise EP and Nirvana's Bleach. Unfortunately these and a select few other bands are the only 80s stuff I have, but there were tonnes of good bands in the 80s, I just haven't listened to a lot of it.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I freaking LOVE 80s music! Mostly pop though, not punk or alternative! Madonna, Michael Jackson, INXS, etc. Good times! A-HA! lol

I love it so much! Rick Rolling me is not bad, I love it!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I don't have may 80s songs, only because I wasn't alive to remember many song names/artists that weren't real hits, but I love old music! Some really daggy songs that I just love because they are corny and fresh.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I could name off a few 80's tunes from my iPod or from my CD's

-Tell it To My Heart (Girly-ish... I know... :P)
    -Since You're Gone
    -Karma Chameleon
    -Mony Mony
    -Thriller
    -The Boys are Back in Town
    -Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    -Won't Get Fooled Again (???)

Gotta love the classics. <3
    The last three you listed are 70s songs btw.

I love 80s music and bands/artists.
    - Van Halen
    - Def Leppard
    - U2
    - Michael Jackson
    - John Mellencamp.
    - Genesis/ Phil Collins
    - The Police
    - Queen
    - Aerosmith

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Didn't listen to them during their time, as I was yet to be born, but all throughout being raised I was exposed to 80s music, common bands and artists being:

- ACDC
    - Aerosmith
    - The Beastie Boys
    - Phil Collins
    - Bon Jovi
    - Reo Speedwagon
    - Bob Seger
    - Chicago
    - Queen
    - U2

and, well, way way more. The 80s had it all.

Ayselipera

I can pretty much sum this all up with the Beastie Boys. I like a lot of one hit wonders from the 80's, but the only band I truly like from that period is the Beastie Boys. Although after looking through some other posts I do like some of The Cure, R.E.M., Talking Heads, and Queen, but I usually place Queen in the 70's rather then the 80's, same goes for Thin Lizzy. Not to mention I also like Boston, The Cars, and Elton John.

As for some one hit wonders I like...
    ~ a-ha - Take on Me.
    ~ Nena - 99 Balloons
    ~ Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
    ~ Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
    ~ Modern English - I Melt With You
    ~ Yello - Oh Yeah (reminds me too much of Ferris Bulers day off)
    ~ Gary Numan - Cars

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The 80s are a really hit and miss decade for me. It simultaneously has some of my favourite and least favourite progressions in music, I wasn't really fond of what was going on with metal and most of the progressive rock bands became terrible during the 80s. Although I think it is also the best decade for pop music.

The underground music scene was great, there was no-wave, more (and better) industrial, a lot more post-punk (which even managed to break into the mainstream at times) alternative rock like R.E.M., Dinosaur Jr. and Talking Heads, post-hardcore like Fugazi and Hüsker Dü and the birth of post-rock. The 80s really did have a lot of things going on.

My favourite 80s bands are The Smiths, Swans, The Cure, Godflesh and Skinny Puppy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I do like 80s music, but here are some that I really like:
    -The Final Countdown (Europe)
    -Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley)
    -Any song by Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody in particular)

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Well since the 80s or thereabouts is prime time for prog rock, I have a decent supply of 80s music.

• The Alan Parsons Project
    • Def Leppard
    • Jethro Tull
    • King Crimson
    • Metallica
    • Pink Floyd
    • Soundgarden
    • Swans
    • This Mortal Coil
    • Yes

Probably a few more too.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • I really like it. 80's music makes up about 75% of the contents of my iPod.

*said while listening to extended D/P/Pt Game Corner music on YouTube*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yes, yes, and OH HECK YES!

Favorite artists/bands include Richard Marx, Starship, Belinda Carlisle, Peter Cetera, Taylor Dayne, and a bunch of others. I'm not so much a fan of the harder rock songs, though.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • 80's Hard Rock and 80's Metal.
    Motley Crue, Van Halen, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • My favorite band, Survivor, is from the 80's.
    My favorite songs by them:

Eye of the Tiger
    Can't hold back
    Is this love

I also like Soundgarten's Black hole sun, except for the ending, where it repeats the same few lyrics (won't you come) over & over... if I could, I'd edit it to where they repeat the chorus 2 or 3 more times instead...

I also love listening to a 80's christian rock band called Petra.

(My brother used to listen to them all the time, but it was YEARS later that I started to like them... A LOT!!!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I love 80's music, in fact that's pretty much all I listen to. Especially synthpop. <3 My favourites are Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Depeche Mode (their earlier music), New Order, the Human League, Electronic, A Flock of Seagulls, and Yazoo. Although I do like heavy metal from the 80's, too, just not as much.

Of course, my cousin is lucky and has pretty much every synthpop tape imaginable. I have to settle for listening to them on my iPod.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Yessss I love the 80's! 80's rock especially :)

Guns n' Roses, Motley Crue, Van Halen, etc. some of my favorite songs including Rocket Queen, Primal Scream, Dr. Feelgood, and Paradise city came out in the 80's.

I also like some of the pop too, but I'm a bigger rock fan, so I listen to that more

Back