• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Challenging Point [ #15 ]

What was a challenging point for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ...And here goes another Weekly Poll. ;)

In some point(s) of the games, I'm sure quite a few of you have had a challenge between someone. Whether it be something in the plot, getting lost, or a fight between a Gym, trainer or Elite Four member, what did you find difficult to complete?

As for those who have yet to receive the games and/or waiting for the English Release (which has been announced for the US :3), in what point of the game might you think you will have a hard time getting through?

Discuss, discuss, discuss!

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • The battling points really didn't pose a challenge for me...it was the gym "puzzles" that had to be solved to get to the leaders. They were really off the wall. Especially the last gym's. That one gave me a massive headache...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • The gym leaders and E4 weren't that hard because I grinded. XD
    I find the storyline the most challenging thing, or sometimes even just tiny sidequests. Mostly because I can't understand Japanese though. >_>

The Red Chain

Honestly, I didn't find B&W very difficult at all..
    The only part I got actually lost in and had a bit of difficulty figuring out was when I arrived in Sekka City. I beat the gym leader and everything but when I went off to go find what I was supposed to do next I got lost out in the marshy parts.. including that marshy forest area. I thought my next task was somewhere out there.. I spent prolly a day trying to figure it out before looking at a walkthrough. :x

Wow I feel stupid. XDD
    But there ya have it! The only real difficulty I had~

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Other, there's no way I'm going to grind and grind and grind to friggin' raise Smugleaf.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I honestly found Geechisu to be hardest. His Pokemon are some of the most annoying to take down I've ever dealt with.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • None, actually... Black and White were fun, but pretty short and easy. The Gym Leaders could've been a bit harder, and the final battle against N and Geesichu (sp?) would've been more challenging if your Pokemon hadn't been healed before both of those fights.

Then again, Pokemon's not really meant to be challenging, so overall I guess the difficulty was pretty fair.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd consider the N and Geechisu matches to be challenging because of the variety of Pokemon they use. Even though Adeku uses 3 Bug Pokemon on his team, I'd say that he'd be challenging because of the sheer power of his Pokemon's moves.

Years
  • For the most part of the game, I just had no idea what needed to be done next. This was partly due to me not being able to understand Japanese and the walk though wall code. ^^;

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This is the first Pokémon game that gave me a lot of challenge. Dare I say, too much? I always find it difficult to catch up, even with the exp compensation.

Let's just say that everything in them gave me a hard time.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I always had a hard time with gym leaders and Elite Four members. So they most likely will be a problem again for me in Black/White.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Yes, the gyms were all easy for me, but like others here I had to grind for a while so that I could beat the Elite 4. This was a painfully boring experience. SilverSmeargleSplatter, I agree with you on the Vs. Seeker. I want it back!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I remember Kamitsure, the Electric-type Gym Leader, was the most difficult for me. At that point, I didn't have many Pokemon to resist Electric (I picked Oshawott as starter). So I grinded in Lost Forest until I could defeat her :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Getting through that Electric cave was kinda annoying if you ask me.

I know some people were having trouble finding how to remove the web in front of it, you only had to defeat the gym leader...

Back