• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Growlithe or Houndour?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Again who do you like more Growlithe or Houndour? As much as I like dogs I'm going to have to say I like Growlithe more than Houndour. Despite them both being dog Pokémon.
    CarlyCarminepicture9.jpg

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Growlithe, because that line is one of my favorites after Ponyta/Rapidash.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Houndour. It was one of my favourite Pokémon back when gen 2 came out. :) It would still be one of my favourites today if it weren't so expensive to collect merch of, haha.

Growlithe has just never interested me much. I'm not usually a dog fan.

Years
  • To be completely honest, neither of them appeal to me. I haven't raised either of them; just happened to use their evolutions in the Battle Factory while playing Pokemon Emerald. From there, I saw that Arcanine had better stats and a far superior moveset in comparison to Houndoom. So, I'll settle with Growlithe.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I like Growlithe better then Houndour. I haven't used Growlithe yet but it's such a cute dog Pokemon.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • In my opinion, I would technically towards Growlithe, since he does in fact have better stats and evolution appearance as others say. :) Besides, that pokemon was supposed to be one of the fastest pokemon...backin the days.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'd have to go with Houndoor. I prefer split types so that way I can cover more types of attacks easier.
    But to be fair you said that you were debating these to because they were dogs, but why aren't poochyena and snubble here for discussion?

Years
  • Houndoor > Growlithe
    Arcanine > Houndoom

I love the duality of the Dark/Fire but Arcanine is too much of a savage to be beaten by a skinny mutt like Houndoom

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • I love Houndour mainly for it's design and unique type combination. Both Dark-Type and Fire-Type being one of my fav types.
    Plus it's evolution, appeals me even more.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Growlithe better because of its and Arcanine's design. It also got Wild Charge and Close Combat in Gen V.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    I love Arcanine, it's just an awesome and beautiful Pokemon. But I also love dobermans, like Houndoom and Houndour. But I have to go with Growlithe/Arcanine on this one.

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • What a tricky choice. Though a Growlithe might evolve into a beautiful Arcanine, this poll refers to the unevolved forms... Oh well. Houndour is superior to Growlithe in my opinion, because dual-type fire pokemon are just so few and wonderful.

Dark/Fire is a combination full of WIN <3 Who doesn't love nocturn fire-breathing creatures capable of lighting the surrounding darkness with flames? I most certainly do.

nm legend

Years
  • hmmmm. this is closer than i thought.......i like both and their evos alot.........but all-time it would have to be growlithe....i always like them when i was a lil kid and i was gonna train one until i found out how bad most pure fire types are wen i started playin again..............still im gonna breed/train one later wen i have time....ima call that sucker Flamziez

Back