• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Would you have liked to battle against the Kanto Champion?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Kanto would be Red like the last real battle on HG/SS as Ethan/Gold is the Johto League Champion.

they share the same champion

but no not really unless it was lance, because really red had no story ( its your story in red) and no personality .

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I wonder why is this considered to be KANTO Champion's BM...
    Well it is surely Champion's music but I wonder why Kanto...
    It'd be more understandable if it were Hoenn Champion's music so Steven's.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I would have liked it if I could battle Red or Blue in B/W because of that track, but sadly, that didn't happen.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I find it a bit weird that they put that OST in but don't use it.
    Maybe it's some kind of event or something ? But I am pretty sure you get to fight him at least once/once in a while.
    So I need to fight him -Gary/Blue/Green- only because it would be an EPIC battle because of an EPIC theme song :P

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If we do end up fighting them in a event , there pokemon better be ev trained because by the time we face them most of our pokemon will at least be in the 90s. How epic would it be to have a triple battle between red,Blue and gold(red using, Pikachu ,snorlax)(Blue using Arcanine, Alakasam)(Gold using typhlosion, Feraligator) using all level 100 pokemon( ok maybe better pokemon because all you need is earthquake and you would take out all of there pokemon in one hit)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    If we do end up fighting them in a event , there pokemon better be ev trained because by the time we face them most of our pokemon will at least be in the 90s. How epic would it be to have a triple battle between red,Blue and goldQUOTE]

This. Would be epic! Say if it was you bianca and cheren against red, blue and gold in a triple battle!

Either that or Steven from Hoenn, how he got beat by Wallace still confuses me..

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they were to use that track some point in the game, I'm guessing that would be GameFreak's Kanto reference, like how the other games have some reference to the region. Correct me if I'm wrong however, they might have a reference that I'm not aware of.

Because of the track, I would have wanted to battle either Red or Blue. Their Pokémon happen to be some of my favorites (Pikachu, Arcanine, Snorlax) and it's a battle I wouldn't mind having between them. Look at this way, we get to battle Sinnoh's champion again so, why not?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe it's some sort of clue of what's to come, like maybe being able to fight one of these Kanto/Johto champions in the third installment. ;D

I do find it weird that they would input that piece of music in the coding and not use it for anything at all, what's the point?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Although it's a remix of the Kanto Champion, and people are suggesting Ethan/Red/Lance, it could be the Hoenn Champion, who hasn't had a mention in a while because we've had Cynthia a couple of times, and only Steven once.. possibly for a future event?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    they share the same champion

but no not really unless it was lance, because really red had no story ( its your story in red) and no personality .

No they don't. They are two separate regions that share one location for their tournaments. Red/Blue is the champion for Kanto according to the games, and Ethan/Lance is Champion in Gold/Silver as the last fight with Red he is still known as Kanto's Champion in the game.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Question was there this kind of speculation in Emerald with the Legendary Beast theme being discovered too?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Wow, that music is epic~ <333
    I would of sooo loved to see Blue(Gary) In Pokemon Black and White. That would of been so amazing. <33

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I got to say, even if Blue or whoever doesn't make an appearance in Black and White, this is a fantastic remix. Thanks for sharing.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • Now I hope they really have a battle using that song. It's really good and I would love to hear it while going against a champion.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    No they don't. They are two separate regions that share one location for their tournaments. Red/Blue is the champion for Kanto according to the games, and Ethan/Lance is Champion in Gold/Silver as the last fight with Red he is still known as Kanto's Champion in the game.

No no your wrong. Look at the case with lance. In Generation I and the Generation III remakes, Lance is the fourth and final member of the Elite Four. He must be defeated before facing Blue, the Pokémon League Champion. By the Generation II games, he has proceeded to become Pokémon League Champion, due to Red going to Mt. Silver to train and leaving him his charge as Champion
    so if lance took over as champion from red and you beat lance i think its fair to say Johto and kanto share the same champion

Back