• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Would you have liked to battle against the Kanto Champion?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Just to clear up any possible confusion... there is no event in the game programmed to allow you to battle any old Champion in the game aside from Cynthia. Events like the Darkrai event are programmed into the games from the start; they're just not unlocked until you receive the pre-determined tickets/items/event activators. Not to mention there isn't any trainer data or sprites for them, either. So, it's impossible to battle Red, Green, Lance, etc. in Black and White.

That being said, it's possible the Champion Remix OST may be used in the future; I'm specifically referring to the United Tower, or the third version. Or, it can simply go on unused. It's a good remix; I wouldn't mind if it went unused, but it'd be a waste then.

As for myself, I would've loved to battle an old Champion; but we just got the opportunity to battle Red, Green, and Lance all in HGSS, and I'm pretty content with the cameos we have now (although, I wish Cynthia was battleable every day, but oh well).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Actually.. unused tracks from other games have often turned up in Pokemon game files if memory serves. *checks music files* Yep - FRLG had RSE's battle themes and the Pokemon Institute music in it for instance, while Ruby/Sapphire had a redone version (ie trumpets) of GSC's Route 38, an...accordion version of Team Rocket's theme, and the legendary Johto Beast battle theme. I bet there's instance of the same in 4th gen games as well, so this was probably just a track that came about from sound testing using tunes they already made before from previous games, I bet.

So imo I think it's more likely that tune was just picked for a sound test for the type of music they used for B/W as opposed to prior planning for you to battle a Kanto champion that got scrapped (if people found data on such a trainer's team however... but if there wasn't any than why make a song before putting in the trainer data anyway?).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I have always thought that it would be epic if you could visit every region in one game. It would be one long game, but I've always imagined how much fun it would be. You could battle every Elite Four, every Champion and every Rival!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think that would happen...there are too many regions now thoughThat only happened in Gen II when one could travel to Kanto and Johto the only known regions at the time...and even then Kanto looked...empty...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Yeah I know haha.

But just imagine how awesome that would be. You have to admit it would be pretty cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah it would be petty cool if they did do that :D
    I hope they add some new routes to Unova at least like at the north (that might connect to the next gens region)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I swear if this music is never used in any pokemon games in the near future I'm gonna go complain to nintendo about it.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • It'd be cool if you could battle Red/Lance in Black and White. Who knows, maybe they'll release some Wi-Fi event that lets you fight them? They haven't done that before (so you could battle someone extra) but Black and White had a lot of changes to it. Maybe they'll add some new stuff to Wi-Fi events.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Battling against Blue GARY FIRE-TRUCKING OAK would be awesome in BW. Or maybe even a tag-team battle against Red and Blue (the two original Kanto Champions), where you'd partner up with Lance (the current Indigo League Champion, excluding Ethan and Lyra's victory over him). I don't know why Cynthia had to reappear again - I mean, she's skilled and hot and all, but she just made a cameo in HGSS!

Since BW are attempting to emulate the feel of RBY/FRLG in a sense, it would've have made much more sense for Red or Gary to reappear rather than Cynthia. I bet most people wouldn't even care if the developers just ported over the sprites and teams of Red and Gary; the thrill of the battle would wipe away most discontent, IMO.

But yeah...just leaving such an epic and memorable theme unused is almost a tragedy...

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Hmm Id go with a double battle against red and blue :P

If i had to say just a single person though definately red seeing as he is the Kanto region champion.

Back