• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music from when you were a child.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • How do you guys feel about music from when you were younger? I'm assuming for a lot of you we are looking at predominantly the 90s period, but how do you feel when you hear those songs that were popular back when you were younger?

I know I definitely feel heaps of nostalgia and like happiness through memory of the 90s which were so carefree and fun for me.

I rediscovered this song the other day, and it just transports me back to the good days.

Feel free to post songs that remind you of a time when you were younger and that you still love now!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    POWER RANGERS

Digimon

Batman: The Animated Series

And who could forget...

MAMBO NUMBA FIIIIVE

Yep, that's pretty much it. For the most part, all songs I enjoyed were things from television shows haha.

Oh and this too,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU

Seriously, I was obsessed with all things related to Titanic when that movie came out... which included that song hahaha. Oh the good times.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The songs that remind me of my childhood:
    -Any song bt N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
    -All star, by Smash Mouth
    -A Thousand Miles, by Vanessa Carlton
    -I Say a Little Prayer

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Songs from my childhood:

Everybody by the Backstreet Boys
    Pop by N*Sync
    Almost ANYTHING by Steps
    The Pokemon theme
    WWF themes (Austin, Rock, Owen Hart etc.)
    Who do You Think you Are- Spice Girls
    Live Forever- Oasis
    Rollin'- Limp Bizkit (can that be counted as a WWF theme too? Undertaker came out to it for a while)

Years
  • My mom played a lot of Elton John on car trips, and I still like him. I still like most 80's and 90's stuff, actually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh my gosh, I definitely relived the past and listened to a bunch of old 90s pop songs just a little while ago! My favourites were The Spice Girls, Britney Spears, and Aqua. The song that makes me the most nostalgic would for sure be the original Pokémon theme song. Every time I listen to it, even now, it's a huge tidal wave of nostalgia and it makes me really happy.

This was my favourite song when I was younger (okay, it's from the early 2000s but whatever!)

Like I mentioned before, I was the biggest Britney fan when I was little (and I'm still a fan of hers now, haha)! I actually went and downloaded the entire Oops I Did It Again album a couple of months ago so I could relive the memories. I used to listen to that CD when I was younger and dance around the living room to songs like Lucky and Stronger. \o/

And the Spice Girls... SPICE UP YO' LIFE! Need I say anything else? :D

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Oh my gosh I love going on 90's music binges and pulling out the very first CD's that I got :)

- N'SYNC
    -SPICE GIIIIRLS!
    - Backstreet Boys

I also get really nostalgic over old theme songs for shows like:

- Boy Meets World
    - Step by Step
    - Full House
    - Growing Pains
    - And of course like everyone on this forum, I know all the pokemon themes up to master quest by heart <3

I'd post vids but idk how to :x

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Most of these songs and artists listed already sum up most of my childhood. But even then, I'll share one of my most favorite song in which I liked during my time growing up:

Ring a bell, anyone?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I remember 90's music. It brings me great joy whenever I listen to any tracks from my childhood. Even when I was little, I was still exposed to all sorts of genre.

- Mary J. Blige
    - *NSYNC
    - Jay-Z
    - Backstreet Boys
    - Michael Jackson
    - Linkin Park

Seriously, music back then was amazing. The music of today is still good, but some times I wonder if it wasn't as great as it once was.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The earliest music I can remember listening to was by crappy pop bands designed to get kids (and their parents) to spend as much money as possible on merchandise. The three below are the most egregious examples I can think of, but there were probably many more that I'm forgetting:

I actually saw the last two in concert as well... Please don't judge! -_-

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I only heard the crap that spewed from radio stations at the time... Actually, 90s pop isn't terrible. I never payed any real attention to music until quite recently. I imagine if I did have an opinion on it back then, I'd think what I heard somewhat annoying at length — same as I think now.

Years
  • Well i could go on forever naming bands and songs that i loved when i was a kid, but for now i will only list a few.

britney spears: hit me baby
    S Club 7: dont stop
    The Numa Numa song :D
    Atomic kitten: tide is high (i always get memories of playing with pokemon figures when i listen to this)
    B*witched: c'est le vie

yea, i know bad right xD
    but the worst thing is i still have these songs on my MP3 player xD for nostalgia reasons obviously.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Because I never really listened to much music when I was a kid, most of my memories are of music my parents played. AC/DC, Def Leppard and (ugh) Pink Floyd from Dad, and ABBA, Bon Jovi and George Michael from Mum.

The exception, though, is Atomic Kitten. I bought two of their albums when I was a kid, and that was the only music I ever bought for years. Rediscovered those albums lately and they're still fantastic. I never liked girl bands like the Spice Girls, Pussycat Dolls and so on, but Atomic Kitten are just fabulous. So yeah, that's my answer: Atomic Kitten. Loved 'em then, love 'em now.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Here's another one for the 90s nostalgia madness.

So happy I was able to rediscover this one!
    I honestly think the 90s holds so many places in my list of favourite songs. They are just inherently good, even if I don't listen to them too often or even forgot they existed.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm in the same boat as Misheard Whisper. Only got into music when I was around eleven and that was under my parents' influence... a lot of the classics like The Beatles, Neil Young and Bob Dylan.

Back