• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread Subscriptions

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • I just kinda thought of this and wanted to ask you all: how many of you use the thread subscription feature on PC?

If so, how many threads do you subscribe to? Just important ones, or all of them? Do you use the email notification feature? If so, how do you have it scheduled to send emails to you? Do you make all your subscriptions email to you or just certain ones?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Completely forgot thread subscriptions existed to be honest.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I've never used them, I think. I've been around for a while so if I have in the past, it wouldn't surprise me. But like Harlequin said, I forgot they were a thing ahaha.

Years
  • When I first joined I auto-subscribed to everything I posted in, but didn't get any alerts. I have no idea why I felt this was a good idea. Eventually I had pages and pages and pages of threads I was never going to post in again. One day a few years back I removed the subscriptions and deleted all the threads. Took forever. @___@;

When member fanclubs were around and I had one, I subscribed to it in hopes that I'd remember to post, but I still forgot. That was probably the last thread I subscribed to. These days, I know what I'm interested in and I'll just keep an eye out myself.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I'll finally get around to responding. XD

I have my setting set to auto subscribe to any thread I post in, and I have Firefox set to automatically open up my subscriptions when I open Firefox. It's more convenient to check all the threads I am interested in. I also make important threads to me, like fan clubs, send me emails instantly. I love that feature. ^__^

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nah, I don't subscribe to threads. If I care about one so much I would just view it everyday, but I don't subscribe to anything.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Thread subscriptions? Never really.... even knew they existed until now :O Well I wouldn't really care for that feature much anyway.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I subscribe to certain threads on here if I think that they would be harder to find again otherwise so yeah I still use it from time to time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have over 1000 since they're instant subscriptions. Basically months ago I wanted to keep track of what I replied to, sooo... I decided to turn on subscriptions :x I have way too many though and I rarely look over them in my usercp.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Not really, I just do my daily scan on the threads and forums I want to look/reply at.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    In all my years here, I've never actually used the thread subscription feature. There just aren't any threads here that are worth following in the first place.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't use it because I *still* have it set to automatic and there's tons of threads there now. And it's not worth my time to shut automatic notifications off and go through deleting hundreds of subscriptions... that could easily take hours.

So I just pretty much ignore my multitude of subscriptions :P

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • No I don't, and mainly because I am here so often that the threads I post in aren't going to get buried in the time I am away, so I simply go into the forum it's in, and it should still be there in the first page which I can see. Particularly ones in graphics and photography that doesn't have too much traffic, so the main threads that I maintain in there are nearly always towards the top of first page.

But yeah, I set up a few subscriptions on the iPhone app because it has it's own little section so I can more quickly see all the different threads like my gallery, and a few other Graphics and Photography ones in one page without having to go in and out of sections and stuff.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    In this site, I used it waaaay back when I was starting out, because of the hacks that I wanted to follow. I stopped using it after a while though, since I developed the habit of looking at all threads with 'an extra mark' (those that I posted in).

I also happen to dislike a constant notification-which would happen if I subscribed to a busy thread, such as the DCC.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I never bothered with the subscriptions because, like moments. said, it's quite easy for me to find any threads I'm interested in again. If there's something I reply to and then I'm really interested to hear what people say in response, then I'll run straight for the forum it's in the next time I visit PC.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Not at this forum. There is another forum that I do use subscriptions for, but that's because the forum is muuuuuuuuch bigger and it would be nearly impossible to find the thread you're looking for again unless you bookmark it. PC is small enough though in which I don't have to do that.

Back