• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Frontier Brain

Favorite Frontier Brain?

• Noland

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Greta

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Tucker

• Lucy

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Spencer

• Brandon

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Anabel

• Total voters

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Palace Maven Spencer is my favourite for the pure fact his name sounds awesome. Seriously who do you know that is a Palace Maven. Plus old guys with staffs are so cliché there cool. Not a fan of Tucker though, not sure if thats a man or a woman.....

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Lucy or Brandon. Mainly because they look the best, not to mention they use some of the cooler Pokemon (imo though, I like Seviper and Regice).

Mentalii

Back
Years
It's Lucy for me. I was totally crazy about the Battle Pike, I thought it was really funny.
Moreover, Lucy is the very first Frontier Brain I battled with.
She's beautiful, she's strong, she managed to fall in love with Brock in the anime (amazing thing, it's so much rare, poor guy... :pink_no:), she's kind but full of energy...
I really appreciate her.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Lucy because she reminds me of Sabrina (the Gym Leader in the Kanto region) and she has a tough/strong personality. Her strategies and battling style in the game were also quite challenging.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Lucy because she was by far the easiest to get to. Good luck if gold is your goal, though. (Imagine my rage when I found out that she doesn't appear until the tenth iteration after getting to 57 rooms cleared.)

Reflections on the others:

Spenser's facility has a unique concept, but I'd say that the Palace tests your luck far more than the Pike ever will.

Arena...oh god, this one was a nightmare. I eventually reached and defeated Greta, though. Lost in the first round of the fight immediately afterward, but SO WORTH IT.

Battle Pyramid has a fun concept that includes scrounging for items and weighing the risk of battling a Trainer against the reward of the information they might offer as well as increasing the radius of illumination. However, I have stumbled across layouts where every exit from the starting room is "guarded" by a Trainer, though the fact that they only have one Pokemon each helps. Brandon is also fun to fight because of his tossing legends in your face.

Tucker...again, a pain in the ass to beat. I reached him multiple times on level 50 but never won, then tried open level, more or less aped his lineup, got the matchup advantage and won handily. I then kept going and lost in the finals of my seventh tourney. The amount of prep work involved for each battle makes this facility very stressful.

Noland was fun, Factory is fun if rage-inducing, but if you're satisfied with just silver, it's not that bad. (Open Level is the way to go here, as they're all fully evolved.)

Anabel...I don't have an opinion on her, because I'VE NEVER FREAKING REACHED HER. Got to battle #34 once before falling apart in the face of a Gyarados.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Noland because of the variety of Pokemon he uses. Even though I didn't battle Anabel or Brandon yet, I voted for them because of their anime appearances.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I actually liked Tucker. His battle was fun. His Latias, for the Gold Symbol battle, was a tough cookie and I got it down eventually. I don't really care that he was an extreme fruitcake. I only care for the battle. And his introduction was probably the most fun to watch since he had animation and all, while the others just walked in and said, "Hey kid, let's battle!"

Brandon... I chose him too. It's a grey area for me really. He had a very fun battle, though both his teams have very exploitable weaknesses. Yet, he was still a bit tough. I kind of judge him like his facility, I don't really like it nor do I dislike it. I still place him as my top since he used the coolest Pokemon and that he was probably the hardest Brain, to get to at least.

Lucy was just terrible. I know she's easy as her battles are, but that Shuckle of hers is demonic. I hated having to use a specific team just for her battle. I had to have a Taunter for the Shuckle.

Noland is just flat-out unpredictable so there's literally no say here, except that I think the game cheats and purposely gives him uber Pokemon that will completely counter your team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I like Lucy the best, she was the first one I battled and she looks cool :3

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
Lol a lot of people say Lucy, and I have to agree. Mainly because she's the only one I managed to get to. :3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a few favorite brains actually... I'd say Noland and Lucy, they're just so awesome. :3 I dislike Tucker because his portrayal in the anime was awful IMO. I guess Spencer and Brandon were kinda cool, but my top two are Lucy and Noland.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Noland. All is fair with him, as his pokemon are all random. Unlike the other brains, you actually need to train three of your pokemon, which I am lazy to do.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Anabel, because I prefer her design to all the rest. She's so majestic. Lucy is a close second.

Back