• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Channels

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • Well, I mainly watch Netflix or shows that... I uhhh... obtained somehow.
    But when I do watch TV, I watch TBS, History, HGTV, Animal Planet, FOOD, and Cartoon Network.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Comedy Central, E4 and BBC3 are about all I watch unless there's something special on other channels... Otherwise it's just the music channels most of the time :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I'm home, I generally watch whatever channel has a sitcom on. If none of those are on my mom usually puts on Animal Planet because we generally like watching that, and making plans to adopt all the animals on it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • When I'm home, pretty much all I watch is the Comedy Network and Teletoon. The only stuff I can stand to watch on TV is usually fairly mindless stuff that I can just leave on in the background. If I'm watching something I actually keep up with, I usually just watch it online at my leisure.

Oh, and whichever channel has those shows about cakes and bakeries. Life Network? /lame

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I don't really watch that much TV anymore; as long as I can watch Desperate Housewives and House, I'll be fine. But the channels I turn to when I can't find anything are usually Comedy Central, E!, Cartoon Network and, god forbid me, Disney Channel. Sometimes I go to Crime Investigation... but that channel is only fun to watch when my aunt, expert on all things related to serial killers and avid murder enthusiast, is staying at our house, lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't really watch that much TV anymore; as long as I can watch Desperate Housewives and House, I'll be fine. But the channels I turn to when I can't find anything are usually Comedy Central, E!, Cartoon Network and, god forbid me, Disney Channel. Sometimes I go to Crime Investigation... but that channel is only fun to watch when my aunt, expert on all things related to serial killers and avid murder enthusiast, is staying at our house, lol.
    ..."Crime Investigation" is seriously a channel? o_O That seems oddly specific to me.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    ..."Crime Investigation" is seriously a channel? o_O That seems oddly specific to me.

Yep!
    There's the US one, but the one I watch is imported from Australia. Most of the time the channel just calls itself CI, but to be honest, I feel a bit stupid saying "You wanna go watch CI???????".

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • Fox, Animax, Animal Planet. My little sister often has control of the TV, though, so I usually wound up watching a translated version of Dora the Explorer or if I get lucky, Disney Channel.

Not that it really matters, though. I'm plenty occupied by my laptop.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like History Channel and Food Network the most. TBS and Adult Swim are good too.

Guest123_x1

I really don't watch much TV, and I don't have cable or satellite, but my favorite channel/network is "This TV", a over-the-air digital subchannel network showing movies and classic television shows (which I can get from WDIV-DT 4.2 in Detroit). I also watch an affiliate of Local AccuWeather Channel, which is a 24-hour weather format (using an L-bar) also for OTA digital subchannels (carried in my area by WJRT-DT 12.3 in Flint). Most of the other shows that I usually watch are syndicated to various local stations.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    TBS, HBO, ESPN, ABC, TNT, and Netflix. Also, whatever channel that has a movie on or some random sports game. I don't tend to watch many sitcoms or series on TV.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • In Australia we have three mainstream channels on normal TV (i.e. not cable). Channel 7, 9 and 10.

Out of these, I honestly couldn't pick my favourite. Channel 7 shows Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Revenge and Parenthood, while Channel 9 has The Big Bang Theory (you have no idea how many points that grabs it) and Channel 10 has Modern Family, New Girl, Glee and The Good Wife.

So I guess simple mathematics would tell me than Channel 7 is my favourite, followed by 10 and then 9, but I really don't favour any of the channels themselves over the others.

On cable, E! tends to be my favourite channel because of Chelsea Lately.

Years
  • I typically have my TV constantly on the Food Network. Other than that I'll switch between Cartoon Network(Adult Swim, mostly), Comedy Central, or History Channel. NFL Network was a good one until I had to drop it.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I mainly watch HBO, Animax, Star World, Star movies, movies now, SAB TV (Indian channel), Hungama (another Indian channel i think so) , Discovery and more

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I always find myself flipping to TLC to mindlessly watch whatever's on, unless it's Toddlers & Tiaras. Words cannot describe how much I hate that show, so I will always change the channel when it's on. Sometimes I'll watch whatever's on CTV or Global, and I'm starting to get into HBO a bit, but I don't really watch a whole lot of TV in general.

Years
  • In Australia, most of my fave shows are on the ABC (including its multichannels ABC2, ABC3 and ABC News 24), Eleven (because Pokemon is aired there Sunday-Friday) and One (Ten's other multichannel and I watch COPS on it).

Back