• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unluckiest moment?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • We've all had that moment where we can't believe that just happened to you. Share your story here or comment on others.

My unluckiest moment came when I just started competitive battling and I liked to use a Gigalith on my main team. I entered a local OU tournament and I somehow managed to make it to the finals where it wasn't going too well for me. I was down to my last pokemon Gigalith while my opponent still had three left. I KO'd two of his pokemon and his last one left was Volcarona. It seemed like I was going to win when Stone Edge missed three times in a row allowing Volcarona to build up enough Quiver Dances to finish me off. I ended up coming in second and the guy who came in first even said to me that I should have won. I was so mad!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    Unluckiest moment? Thats easy. I ended up with four frozen pokemon at once. Four ice beams, four frozen pokemon....i wanted to cry

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    How about you have a team with only 1 left and the last 3 you defeated you OHKO'd most of them before the last one has a team full of Pokemon you are innefect to and none of your moves work other than stat raisers

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    While battling on Showdown, my Metagross was legitimately frozen for over 10 turns. I wish I would've saved the replay as proof.

Although I did find humor in the matter, and I ended up tying with my opponent.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think I speak for everyone when it comes to the red hot fury that occurs when final turn Stone Edge misses happen. :|

Years
  • Basically any time my Pokemon's moves missed. I was in a supporter-exclusive Randbats tournament and I was eliminated in the second round because my Fire Blast missed, causing my opponent to defeat me and win.

It's like, I literally got haxed to death in that match because I was given a terrible team.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I had a really nice wide lens victini set. I believe the final accuracy for will o wisp was 99%. Missed 3 times in a row. Enough for arceus to get 2 swords dances and OHKO's most of my team. My defensive groudon comes out. "A critical hit!"

I quit playing pokemon for a short amount of time after that.

Sirfetch’d

I think I speak for everyone when it comes to the red hot fury that occurs when final turn Stone Edge misses happen. :|

^ This and also Focus Blast misses. I was having a battle the other day and Focus Blast missed 4 times in a row. This definitely cost me the match and ughhhh I was so unlucky. That happens though!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • ^ This and also Focus Blast misses. I was having a battle the other day and Focus Blast missed 4 times in a row. This definitely cost me the match and ughhhh I was so unlucky. That happens though!
    This happened to me on the first round of a monotype tournament. It was against a steel team and I was getting swept by Jirachii. My only option was for Sceptile to hit with a focus blast and it missed (shocker), twice.

SomaQL

The Varia Suit
    Years
  • I uh. well. My most unlucky moment battling pokemon? When my base 105 jolly max speed lopunny was outsped by a modest bast 101 charizard that wasn't scarved. Showdown cost me the game because it messed up. Did I mention the part where the jerk I was fighting kept talking crap like he actually accomplished something. Fun game until then, to be honest.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • When you're using Choice Specs Latios and your Draco Meteor misses twice in a row, possibly allowing your opponent to get a free turn of setup and sweep you.
    Stone Edge missing 3 times in a row on your opponent's Ninetales, which leads to your defeat.
    Getting flinched to death by a Jirachi and forfeit so many times that eventually you'll use 2 or 3 pokemon with the Inner Focus ability on your team.
    Flare Blitz OHKOing your Latias in the sun because critical hits suck.

And many more.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I think I speak for everyone when it comes to the red hot fury that occurs when final turn Stone Edge misses happen. :|

The same sort of thing happened with me as well. In my case it was my Simisage's 100% accurate Seed Bomb! How could you miss with that? Before that move was executed I knew that I would be able to challenge Ingo in the Battle Subway because my opponent had a Jellicent left. After Seed Bomb missed my Simisage was knocked out with a combo of Trick Room and Ice Beam. I'll never forget that horrible unlucky moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot of unlucky moments, haha. I once had my Cresselia set up with six Calm Mind. As soon as I was ready for sweeping, my opponent's Gengar hit me with Shadow Ball, which, of course, was a critical hit. Cresselia fainted as soon the move got landed on her, and I was very upset. Another unlucky moment for me was when my Crustle failed to use Rock Blast on my opponent's Cloyster, which allowed it to use Shell Smash and start wrecking through my entire team. D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    I think we all agree Critical hit on any boosted defensive wall is heartbreaking

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • So many critical hits have defeated my Cradily. It's so heartbreaking whenever that happens. Then there is that moment where you get a critical hit when your opponent has barely any health left and it doesn't even matter. XD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm the same way Knight, no stone edge for my Cradily.

Speaking of rock slide, (yay for transitions!) I just had a battle where rock slide missed twice in a row, then one more miss after it hit. Yeah, Cradily didn't do much in that battle.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    My unluckiest moments usually involve LC Random Battles, the other person (Jelli) usually has the hax on their side.

Years
  • I literally got burned in a randbat tourney yesterday when My Lilligant's Sleep Powder was avoided/missed twice, after two Quiver dances. So I was basically primed for a sweep and it all went up in flames after that, lol.

That and I've been on the receiving end of some major freeze hax by Ice Beam before.

Back