• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are people still watching pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    I stopped a lil after the first season because ash gave profesor hok all of his pokemons it was disapointing!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I am. Today's episode showed Clair return to the anime for the first time since the Johto series I believe. Clair, along with Ash and the gang, were trying to catch a rare Druddigon, which was green with an orange head instead of its normal blue and red colors. They should show more of the past characters in the coming episodes, it'd be awesome.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I do.It's still enjoyable in my opinion. By the way, Ash does that at the end of every series. When he gets home from his journey in whatever region he traveled through , he sends the Pokemon he caught at the time to Professor Oak so they can rest and be taken care of. Then he goes off to the next region with just Pikachu and catches new Pokemon on the way. He just likes starting a new region with a fresh start (and its one of the ways the writers introduce the viewers to new Pokemon).

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Kinda. Re-watching every single one of them since episode 1 - I'm only on the Orange Islands but I'm planning to watch every one up to date, lol.
    I watch this season's episodes whenever they're on, but I've got looooads to go before I get to the most recent eps.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yes of course, the decent amount of activity in this section should clue you into that. :P Most agree that BW was rather lacking, but XY is off to a wonderful start.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Yes, I been watching anime for so long, it's what got me into Pokemon, I will never quit watching the anime.

I love watching the Pokemon (especially my favorites) move around, battle.... it's my main reason for watching anime: mostly the Pokemon not so much for the human characters.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I stopped watching halfway through D/P. I'm trying to get back into it now with XY. I really like the new season. And I REAALLY like Ash's Froakie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    I shall forever watch the anime/show! As long as they keep Ash. Yugioh made the mistake of changing it completely ASH STAYS OR I'M NOT A HAPPY TRAINER ... Well anyway it would be easier if I knew a channel that aired it.

Years
  • I shall forever watch the anime/show! As long as they keep Ash. Yugioh made the mistake of changing it completely ASH STAYS OR I'M NOT A HAPPY TRAINER ... Well anyway it would be easier if I knew a channel that aired it.

I think that Yu-Gi-Oh hit it right on the nail. The only thing that I believe they did wrong was putting the characters on motorbikes. Besides, changing characters brings expansions to the universe and gives the writers more opportunities to make a story. Pokemon Adventures also did this well, in my opinion...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    XY series will be the last for me unless Ash wins the Kalo league!
    If Ash doesn't win the league this time then there no point of me watching it anymore.

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • Yes, I've watched almost every episode. :) I love this XY series so far. I really like how the introduced a younger character, Bonnie, again. I liked seeing Max develop so I hope the same happens with Bonnie and maybe she will even start a great relationship with a Pokemon and be able to keep it! I do wish we knew what happened to Iris and Cilan though. I realllllly liked Iris. It would be cool, though, if during this season sometime he met up with Max, May, Misty, Brock, Iris, etc. I would just like to see how the other characters are doing, I miss them, ahah:)

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • The anime is what got me into Pokémon even before everyone had the games or cards. I still watch casually but I don't think I'll watch every episode unless the series appears to be really good.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • I watched all the seasons minus Unova. It didn't catch my interest as much due to the bland feeling of it. I'm currently watching X and Y though, and I absolutely love it. Everyone has their own individual personalities; which you can spot easily. Ash is also experienced now opposed to being a total amateur, and his current actions make up for all those years of bland Ash. In addition, Ash is finally getting back story. Even the side kicks and minor characters are extremely likable. The series itself has evolved in whole; and according to statistics, received nothing but positive feedback. The series went from a bland and slow paced adventure series, into an intense, captivating, and memorable series to love as of X and Y.

Last edited:

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
    Years
  • I have watched it since the First Episode but i quit watching after the first episodes of The BW anime

Now i have just started to get back into watching the Anime after watching the first episode of the XY anime

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I watched the Kanto, orange islands, and the johto series al the way through. I watched the first maybe 3-5 episodes of hoenn series then stopped, watched the fist 2 episodes of sinnoh series and the unova series then stopped again. But now with the Kalos series, it seems interesting. So I think I'm going to watch this for a whole and see where it goes.

Years
  • I watch episodes every week always have been an avid viewer and would like to say I've seen 'em all! :) but the new episodes up seem to have missed out the last episodes from best wishes :( I refuse to watch X and Y till it comes to a proper end! :O

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I still watch it! Did miss a fair bit of Sinnoh but saw at least 60% of Unova. Sadly I kind of lost interest a year and a half ago for the fifth generation anime despite loving Cilan a lot, but it's reigniting now, especially with the release of X and Y's anime series.

Back