• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Sonic, well Shadow game

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
  • Ok we heard that there is gonna be a new Sonic game for the cube, well it isn't exactly gonna be sonic, the main character is gonna be none other than Shadow, his clone, or the Ultimate life form.

Here is a video
    Video

And here is an article
    Article

So say what you think, I think it looks like a cool game myself.
    Video and Article courtesy of IGN.com

Pokemon_Veteran

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Pokemon_Veteran said:
    Ok we heard that there is gonna be a new Sonic game for the cube, well it isn't exactly gonna be sonic, the main character is gonna be none other than Shadow, his clone, or the Ultimate life form.

Here is a video
    Video

And here is an article
    Article

So say what you think, I think it looks like a cool game myself.
    Video and Article courtesy of IGN.com

Pokemon_Veteran

Well according to IGN's article, it hasn't been confirmed that it'll be a Gamecube exclusive (then again, why is it in the gamecube section?), but anyways..

I think that the game looks pretty good. I mean at first I thought that the idea of making Shadow use a gun seemed odd, but after seeing the trailer, it doesn't look so bad.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Well I never said it was an exclusive, I just said it was a cube game, because it is the only section I chanck in IGN, besides GBA and DS.

Pokemon_Veteran

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I just saw this linked to on Penny Arcade...

I couldn't believe it at first, that they'd make a game starring Shadow and have actual guns in a Sonic game, but seeing the trailer, I guess it is real.

Seems to be a lot of games are going in this direction as of late. Look at Jak and Daxter, then look at Jak II and III. Look at Sora in Kingdom Hearts, then look at him in Kingdom Hearts II. Even Pokemon; look at Colosseum with Shadow Pokemon and letting you steal them.

What's next? A Mario FPS? Final Fantasy 30? Super Monkey Ball: Hit and Run?

Hawk of the North

ph34r my 1337 5ki115
    Years
  • Shadow said:
    Super Monkey Ball: Hit and Run?
    Oh, man, that cracked me up so bad. I'd love to see that one come to life.

Shadow with a gun? Interesting new twist. I'm not forming an official opinion on the game just yet; I'll wait for mor info before deciding.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Seems like another gimmick to appeal to... I'll just keep that to myself.
    I'll wait before making any final judgements, but I still wonder if Sonic Team has sold their souls...

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
    Years
  • Shadow said:
    I just saw this linked to on Penny Arcade...

I couldn't believe it at first, that they'd make a game starring Shadow and have actual guns in a Sonic game, but seeing the trailer, I guess it is real.

Seems to be a lot of games are going in this direction as of late. Look at Jak and Daxter, then look at Jak II and III. Look at Sora in Kingdom Hearts, then look at him in Kingdom Hearts II. Even Pokemon; look at Colosseum with Shadow Pokemon and letting you steal them.

What's next? A Mario FPS? Final Fantasy 30? Super Monkey Ball: Hit and Run?

It sounds intresting (yet sounds a bit like GTA in some ways, Jak 2 in other ways)

I might buy it (If it dos'nt end up having psi powers and police cops chasing after u and if u don't rnd up running around a city killing people and...)

Atomic

Isnt this awsome
    Years
    • Age 32
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    monkeys in glass balls that run over ppl I WOULD SO PLAY THAT
    *on topic*
    he gets guns in this game sweet

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
  • It seems like a real game yet the gun is weird for Sonic, yet Sonic Team has been trying to make Sonic do new things (Sonic Heroes was to see if the new things would go overwell, mainly the team work theme). I can see a game with Shadow, he has a large story behind him and he is on the edge of good an evil... so in the video it says you do decide if he is good or evil, it would be a cool way to play out the game. I'm sure Rouge will make an apperence... yet she might not be playable she is sorta like Shadow's guide and his best friends, and I can also see Eggman and maybe... maybe Omega. There will prolly be a lot of Maria, Gerald, and the goverment talk in this too because they play a big role in Shadow's life.

If it isin't exacally confirmed then we will see in time... I always thought of a game starring Shadow to be possable. And if they add the Chaos Emeralds in this then I suppose Super Shadow will make his grand reapperence (Yes Super Shadpw, not Hyper Shadow... long story, only way to achive a Hyper form is through the Super Emeralds and they haven't been seen since Sonic 3 and Knuckles... just saying because some people call him Hyper Shadow, but who really knows *Shrugs*). Yet the gun still seems odd but its something that can easly grow on me... because its just like Omega or Gamma, stop every few seconds to shoot things... yet with the speed of Shadow. Well if they make it sounds like a buy for me.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • MewthreeXL said:
    I hope they do have the Chaos Emeralds,because then I can watch do Chaos Control.
    Shadow seems to be able to use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald lately (or pull one out of thin air like in the Sonic Heroes Team Blast).

Vortex said:
    It seems like a real game yet the gun is weird for Sonic, yet Sonic Team has been trying to make Sonic do new things (Sonic Heroes was to see if the new things would go overwell, mainly the team work theme). I can see a game with Shadow, he has a large story behind him and he is on the edge of good an evil... so in the video it says you do decide if he is good or evil, it would be a cool way to play out the game. I'm sure Rouge will make an apperence... yet she might not be playable she is sorta like Shadow's guide and his best friends, and I can also see Eggman and maybe... maybe Omega. There will prolly be a lot of Maria, Gerald, and the goverment talk in this too because they play a big role in Shadow's life.

If it isin't exacally confirmed then we will see in time... I always thought of a game starring Shadow to be possable. And if they add the Chaos Emeralds in this then I suppose Super Shadow will make his grand reapperence (Yes Super Shadpw, not Hyper Shadow... long story, only way to achive a Hyper form is through the Super Emeralds and they haven't been seen since Sonic 3 and Knuckles... just saying because some people call him Hyper Shadow, but who really knows *Shrugs*). Yet the gun still seems odd but its something that can easly grow on me... because its just like Omega or Gamma, stop every few seconds to shoot things... yet with the speed of Shadow. Well if they make it sounds like a buy for me.
    Finally, somone else who knows the history and that it is Super Shadow and not Hyper.

I would assume that Rouge is going to have some role as she is the closest thing to a friend Shadow has right now. And if you look closely at the movie, there are boxes with G.U.N. printed on them so we know the militaries involved. Perhaps they're trying to recapture Shadow, or Shadow found they were hiding something or thinks that they have his memory somewhere. Maybe they are trying to clone him like Eggman/Metal Sonic was? Bleh I can't wait for this game just for this story elements on my favorite Sonic character >.<;;

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
  • I wonder if this game will be only for the Gamecube since Sonic Heroes came out for all 3 systems.

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    I already heard about this game in my emails from Gamespot......I think the gun should be smaller, it looks far too big.
    I know its coming out for Gamecube, all the Sonic games are on Gamecube...I think it'll be on all three systems cause Sonic Hereos was popular and "Shadow the Hedgehog" seems to be more grown up and evilll muahahaha!!!!

And im glad so many of u no its Super Shadow and not Hyper Shadow, I really hate it when ure on a decent website and it sais Hyper instead of super XD
    Yeah, this game looks like one of the best yet and im definetly getting it!!!

~Newten5~

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • Shadow said:

Shadow seems to be able to use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald lately (or pull one out of thin air like in the Sonic Heroes Team Blast).

Finally, somone else who knows the history and that it is Super Shadow and not Hyper.

I would assume that Rouge is going to have some role as she is the closest thing to a friend Shadow has right now. And if you look closely at the movie, there are boxes with G.U.N. printed on them so we know the militaries involved. Perhaps they're trying to recapture Shadow, or Shadow found they were hiding something or thinks that they have his memory somewhere. Maybe they are trying to clone him like Eggman/Metal Sonic was? Bleh I can't wait for this game just for this story elements on my favorite Sonic character >.<;;
    He seems to have his own personal Chaos Emerald.

In this game,they should have a villain that's actually any good.
    Metal Overlord sucked!Perfect Chaos was more of a threat,but in my
    opinion,Final Hazard was the best.

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
  • Lets hope for a decent villian... or a good last boss. And I hope for a Super Shadow appearence. The other three last bosses in the two Adventures and Heroes was way too easy, specially Metal Overlord... beat him on my first try with an A. I hope Eggman isin't the main target throughout the game though and their is a new villian or something. I mean cool if Eggman was in it and maybe you fight him a few times but I really hope this isin't... "We have to stop Eggman from doing something bad! Oh no! The very last minute a new villian appears and Eggman is helping us to stop it from doing something more evil!" like in the Adventure and Heroes games.

Meh I knew the gun would grow on me, I don't mind it now... lets see how it works out.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • In my opinion, it looks like Sega are running out of ideas for the Sonic franchise. They just seem to be hopping on to the 'guns are cool' bandwagon in a hope to reinvent the franchise. When, in all honesty, it looks like Sonic Adventure 2 with a darker character and a gun.

Back