• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Characters differ from power a lot. In a roleplay, one can portray a five year old kid stuck on a train, but a god with three heads and the ability to create elephants with the snap of a finger too. What characters do you enjoy to create? Are you more of a powerhouse player, or do you rather play the stumbling cluts of the group? Do you enjoy power disparity, or do you rather have all characters being of similar power level?

Years
  • I kind of like more of the underdog story, although I think everyone likes that. But it highly depends on the roleplay. If its a roleplay supposed to be with normal people, I usually make just a normal person. They might be really good at one or two things, but nothing really important that would help them a whole lot in the game. More just quirky talents to brag about but don't actually do anything.

However, in RPs where powers actually are a factor, I try to create characters with what I think are cool powers or abilities, but at the same time have some fundamental drawback. It's no fun if you can just play god with superpowers, there should be some weakness. And the more the weakness affects your character, the more inventive and creative you have to be when it comes to your posts.

Years
  • I don't really think of power much but I tend to make my characters pretty moderate to the setting that they're in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    However, in RPs where powers actually are a factor, I try to create characters with what I think are cool powers or abilities, but at the same time have some fundamental drawback. It's no fun if you can just play god with superpowers, there should be some weakness. And the more the weakness affects your character, the more inventive and creative you have to be when it comes to your posts.
    This is what I do. I do most often want to be able to be strong, but it's also much more fun to be limited by something and forced to be creative rather than breezing through obstacles.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I like characters that balanced out. Yes they can be strong in one aspect, but they can be weak in another crucial aspect. I also like characters that don't seem to match their special powers (e.g. Annie, the Dark Child). I think when it comes to power within a group, having a disparity could create innovative situations whereby the stronger has to protect the weaker, or the weaker could "outshine" the stronger by providing support/being in the right place and time and pulling the team to a victory. I would prefer that to moderation since moderation is just safe and not as exciting or exhilarating.

Back