• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fusion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Human and Pokemon Fusion has been discussed a bit in another thread, so I won't touch on that here, but what I'm really interested in is the concept of Pokemon fusing together to create something new.

Someone liked amazing photos of fused Pokemon on Facebook, and it got me thinking: these formes look so incredible, why shouldn't we have it in these games?

Some major reasons for Pokemon fusing together are:

• It has happened before! Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram have made it possible.
    • Solrock and Lunatone fusing into one forme just HAS to happen.
    • We can't keep creating Mega Evolutions, can we?
    • There's the potential for creating amazing designs we can't even dream of.

Even if it was only specific Pokemon - only final evolutions and only well-known "important" Pokemon, we'd still get a lot of creative combinations. What do you guys think? Should it just be important/popular Pokemon? Random to give others a chance? Can forme changes become permanent?

Any Pokemon you would like to see fused/fit into the story? Is it even feasible? Any awesome fanart you've seen that absolutely has to become a fusion?

Share your thoughts, I think this is a pretty cool topic that is worth discussing. I mean it has happened before, and I'd love to see the potential in other Pokemon. I have my own suggestions on the subject, but I'll leave them for now as to not sway the discussion in that direction.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • You mean like ReBURST? I like the idea, but I think that pokemon anthropomorphism is going to stay in the fanart/cosplay communities, as such might be officially classified as humans fighting, and would bump up pokemon's age rating.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No, not like reburst. Simply Pokémon formes merging - like Black Kyurem. Do you think this is feasible if other Pokémon were to fuse? Anything you would personally like to see combined into a new forme?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I'd like to see starter Pokemon fusing together. For example, your starter could fuse with your rival's starter during a major villain battle. It would be better if the rival starts off as a jerk like Silver, but then opens up to you near the climax. It's not just regional starters that could fuse either, maybe Venustoise could be more than just a Gastly's illusion.

However, as much as I'd like to see that happen in Pokemon, I'm just worried that too many people would complain and accuse Pokemon of ripping off Digimon again like when mega evolutions were revealed.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I think that'd be interesting for the sake of having a whole new mechanic to use. Personally because Mega-Evolution is not working for me. I can't imagine them doing any pokemon merging with any other one, but maybe adding a subset category of Pokemon for it would be cool and would make for a very interesting meta-game.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I feel as if this would make a very great spin-off game for the upcoming generation. I don't think such a feature should be incorporated into the main games at all, as it would cause too much confusion and would be to messy to deal with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    See I dunno, like, originally people probably thought of mega evolution as something that should've only been in a spinoff. BUT! Fusion actually would make Pokemon better in a not-so-broken way. Let's use the Venustoise as mentioned before.

Grass/Water is a good combination (in NU). Ludicolo was fairly successful. Allowing Fusions would be just like a stronger Ludicolo! BUT! Not broken, because the highest stats they would get is the other Pokemon's stats. So like, the highest version of the two. Mega Evolution brings things to crazy proportions, whereas this would allow Pokemon to improve but not be too broken.

With all the Pokemon/human stuff being discussed why not merge Pokemon though? It's absolutely the perfect time - throw some hate off potentially too strong mega evolutions. Eventually they're going to get sick of designing new Pokemon, or want to bring older Pokemon back into the limelight but don't want to mega evolve everything. It's gen 7. It's time (nevermind the fact that it happened in 5, but stills!)

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Oh, pokemon-pokemon fusions. Great spin-off material, but I hated kurem (partly because I bought the original Black 2 weeks before the release of black 2.

Years
  • I really do not see Pokemon fusion making a return. It's the tao trio's thing and I suspect it will continue to remain that way. Besides, they've already said they want to keep mechanics simple and creating a bunch of fusions is the opposite of that.

Kacchan

blaze it
    Years
  • I'd like to see Pokemon fusion, or the Reburst (or Digimon!) thing where they fuse with the trainers, but also both of them seem like something the main games wouldn't do because that could be taking it too far.

The most I can see happening would be the Solrock and Lunatone fusion, or maybe two or three Legendaries fusing. For "normal" Pokemon, I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    NO! Please no Fusion. I don't want to see Pokemon and Humans fusing with each other. I just hope it doesn't happen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    NO! Please no Fusion. I don't want to see Pokemon and Humans fusing with each other. I just hope it doesn't happen.

Oh this isn't in reference to Pokemon and humans - it's in reference to Pokemon and Pokemon combining to make a new forme, like Kyurem. :) How would you feel about that?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Personally, I do not like the idea of Pokemon fusion or human fusing with Pokemon. Kyurem's case is understandable, it has a story behind it. Maybe one or more Pokemon would be cool, but all Pokemon getting into this fusion madness? I'm not quite sure about it, it would feel like Game Freak is running short of ideas, unoriginal like the Mega Evolution mechanic.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Depends. If it's just a few specific Pokémon that can fuse, sure.

If you're suggesting the ability to fuse ALL Pokémon together...well, there are currently 721 Pokémon as of gen 6. Gen 6 was the smallest gen when it came to new Pokémon, with only 72 added; most gens add at least 100, so it's reasonable to assume that gen 6 will feature at least 821.

Every new Pokémon would, of course, need to be modeled and programmed. If each of the hypothetical 821 Pokémon is able to fuse with any other, that would be 821 x 821, so Game Freak would have to model, program and texture...

674,041 new fusion Pokémon. Simple numerals don't do that justice, so say it to yourself. Over Six hundred seventy four THOUSAND new Pokémon would need to be made. At the current rate at which the series is developing, that would be about 6,740 generations worth of content at once. I honestly can not overemphasize how much work that would be. Right after they get done doing the 100 new non-fusion Pokémon. There's no way in heck Gamefreak is doing that, and even if they did, the resulting game would never, EVER fit on a 3DS cartridge. I dunno, they might be able to fit it on the upcoming Nintendo NX if they use GBA-quality graphics. Of course, the NX would already be about 4 generations out of date by time they finished the mammoth task.

And don't even get me started on what this would do to the metagame.

Last edited:

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I hope not. It took me a while to warm to idea that Pokemon now digivolve mega-evolve.

PKMNEdward

Snorlax fan
    Years
  • I think pokemon + pokemon fusion should happen when you put two different pokemon in the day care
    EG, if you put spearow and pidgey in the egg will be a fusion

Years
  • Well, we can't really determine if Mega Evolution nor Absofusion is unoriginal. But I think that the biggest problem would be the IVS and not to mention that some Pokémon look like Pokéfusions already.

Back