• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fusion

TI

good mornin'
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    It would be interesting.
    And I mean who saw Megas coming? I didn't.
    Now trainer fusions? Is that actually a thing?

I always thought gamefreak to be these old daisy keep to the straight and narrow traditional type bunch.
    Not so sure anymore.

Personally? I wouldn't mind seeing some fusions. I think there's the potential for some cool designs - and the balancing is already kinda there because you figure in 6 v 6 if you fuse two of your mons, yea you're getting a power boost, but you're also going down a pokemon. So it could be a strategical thing to only fuse when you're about to die.
    The biggest issue would be that they obviously couldn't give every poke and their mother the ability to do this. So with that would come catering and only allowing it for "cool" mons. Which obviously would totally put synergy and options on the back burner.

It'd be cool in-game luxury shiny thing to play around with for sure, though.

Years
  • Well, we can't really determine if Mega Evolution nor Absofusion is unoriginal. But I think that the biggest problem would be the IVS and not to mention that some Pokémon look like Pokéfusions already.

I remember that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were formed by the process called "absofusion" which involved Kyurem fusing with Reshiram or Zekrom and taking on their powers. But I can see where you're going here, because I could imagine IVs being complicated and Sugimori mentioned that Game Freak were going for a more simplistic approach with these games.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Wow! Just think about the fusion of arceus and giratina to make aratena or arena (lol).. If the legendaries fuse, the resulting pokemon will be sooooooo powerful!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's one problem I didn't really consider. Legends fusing together would be incredibly strong (Reshiram/Zekrom situation not included) and it would be hard to pick the best assets. So... maybe because other legendaries are so special it might be better if it's only reserved for non-legendaries. Although should megas be included...?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    This is an old unused design.

Pokemon Fusion

It was illustrated by Muneo Saitō, who was also the designer of the legendary beasts, including Entei.

It was from Pokemon Gold and Silver beta.

Years
  • This is an old unused design.

Pokemon Fusion

It was illustrated by Muneo Saitō, who was also the designer of the legendary beasts, including Entei.

It was from Pokemon Gold and Silver beta.

I remember hearing about this Pokemon? It seems like it combines Entei, Suicune and Raikou elements together, but I feel like it was mainly originally planned for what Raikou could have looked like since it's the one it looks closest to.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Minusle :D :pink_love: (since the blue <3 doesn't work...)

I believe that thing was meant to be a Raikou/Suicune hybrid. Makes me wonder if there was plans for a Raikou/Entei and Entei/Suicune...

Back