• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What words do you hate to see misspelled?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I personally cannot stand it when people try to spell the word 'ridiculous' and instead spell it as 'rediculous'. It bugs me.

I'd also like to note that interestingly enough, searching for the word 'definately' on Pokecommunity.com yields over 500 results. This wouldn't be so impressive, but the correct spelling of the word, 'DEFINITELY', yields absolutely nothing.

... :surprised

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • What burns me up more than anything is when people can't tell the difference between to, too, and two. People have been using 2 for so long in place of the correct forms that they've forgotten that there are three forms with three vastly different purposes.

Also, when people incorrectly use there in place of they're or their, or vice-versa, it makes me question the very future of our language, but I won't get into that.

Frost

Bomberman + Sub-Zero
    Years
  • when people cant use the suffix "ing". like when they spell flaming "flamig" (no offence to shinig charizard..) and when they add -est to words that shouldnt be added to. like bestest or favoritest. or when they add more or most before a word. like more better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    My name, for one! I know that it has an uncommon spelling, but it's not so unusual to the point where so many people have to misspell it. o_o They also can't seem to grasp the concept that the 'leigh' part in it is pronounced the same way that the actual name, Leigh, is. I always get asked how to properly say my name, lol. Oh well...

It also bothers me when, like the others said, people confuse the actual meanings for certain words that sound alike, but are spelled differently, such as two, to, and too, and they're, their, and there, and you're and your. I just can't stand it! XD

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
  • I also can't stand any word using -ing being misspelled. Like when people try to work in an accent and spell it like this: -in'. Or even just -in. Even though I do it all the time... -RC

Terra_Theory

Thank you for calling...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 1, 2006
    I hate it when people misspell 'the' and type 'hte', its so stupid!
    Also (on another note) people use 'lol' to much, try useing haha or hehe, you woulden't hear any one in real-life saying "Lol, thats so funny!" <--See how stupid that sounds?
    I also hate it when people misspell 'hear' and type 'here'. And the word 'cause' has now become 'cuz'.

I could go on but I won't......

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Well I hate when people spell or say buyed instead of bought even though it's a tougher concept. Face it. The English language is like the toughest language out there.
    I also hate when people spell Claire instead of Clair when it's supposed to be Clair. My crush is Clair. I am Crystal Clair, not Crystal Claire. If I were Crystal Claire, I'd either get a name change or go to Bulbagarden so I could change the name myself.
    For some reason, I kind of like the misspelling of the as teh, it adds emphasis just like kawaii, kewl, and roxors. It's the coolest slang out there.

Years
  • Besides normal word mix-ups (to/too, they're/their/there, etc.), and most of the ones already listed here...I also find myself getting slightly annoyed at times when I see the words "angel" and "angle" mixed up.

Although...it does amuse me to see things about creatures having "angle wings"...heh.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Don't really care how people spell things. I mean we all make mistakes but you should try not to make too many of them or at least learn from past mistakes.

Having said that there is one word that just ticks at me when people spell it wrong. My name -_-;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    marillmonster2000 said:
    The Dubbed Name For Musashi: Jessie. I Hate It When People Spell It Wrong!!
    I hate it when people make the first letter in every word an uppercase...

Back