• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What words do you hate to see misspelled?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    The main typos and errors I don't like are:

1. the to/too/two, hear/here, etc mixups
    2. 'deliberate misspellings' ("u" instead of "you", that sort of thing.)
    3. When people don't use punctuation at all. -_-

That's pretty much it, I guess.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Ah, how could I have forgotten? I can't stand it when people don't put spaces after periods or exclamation marks. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. -_-

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
    Let's see...when they spell my name wrong (it's Lexy, not Lexie, Lexi, Alexa, or any other variation. It's not taht hard of a concept to grasp >>), wrong grammar/spelling, etc. Basically what everyone said here.

Oh yes, and the nasty abbreviations, such as btw/, b/c, @, etc...unless you're taking notes and you need to keep up with the pace, don't use them.

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I used to get mad when people spelled my usrename wrong. But don't really care anymore.

Years
    I don't like it when people misspell simple words... and when they subsitute you for u, ect. That's about it ^^;;

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    1. Any word used in "leet"

2. Misspelling character names in a forum dedicated to the media those characters are in, or a forum member's name.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Allstories said:
    I personally cannot stand it when people try to spell the word 'ridiculous' and instead spell it as 'rediculous'. It bugs me.

I'd also like to note that interestingly enough, searching for the word 'definately' on Pokecommunity.com yields over 500 results. This wouldn't be so impressive, but the correct spelling of the word, 'DEFINITELY', yields absolutely nothing.

... :surprised
    I spell it correctly. o_O That's odd.

I hate it when people use chatspeak, mess up their homophones, or type lyk dis, 'cuz they tink it makes them kewl, yo - both of which still sort of count. It's what will kill correct grammar. ;-; I also dislike "hypocratically" [it's hypocritically, ne?], "definately" [like you =P], when people spell it "Kylie-Chan" [it's got a lower case "c", people, for future reference =P], and all stupid misspellings. Actually, most spelling errors drive me nuts.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    excessive chatspeak is about it... for the most part, I'm good at being able to read a misspelled word or a typo and be able to figure out what it was supposed to mean as long as said typos are kinda subtle.
    But if someone neglects punctuation and/or doesn't even seem to bother with proofreading their posts, then I'll just as soon pass the post up than waste my time trying to read it...

To quote the worst post I've ever seen (at GameFAQS...)
    hey can on of u guyz help mee in my safire game?i need help finding a sorock where can i find 1?????????????

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    It's definitely definately.

;_; Or your/you're, but lately in forums, there's a slim to no difference between the contraction form and the possessive form. o_o;

They're just petty grammar mistakes, though.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I don't like it when people spell "because" wrong.
    And it makes me want to edit posts when I see Pokemon names/types/attacks/natures/etc in lower case, like "bulbasaur" and "shadow ball".
    (Even though I do it from time to time.)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Kohei, bulbasaur can be lower case, too. Just like how dinosaur isn't Dinosaur. I s'pose it depends on how you feel about it. X3

Back