• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon anime vs Pokémon anime

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • Which one was the better anime.

My reasons why i think the digimon anime is better

1. The show had a wide variety of characters.

2. Plenty of good cliffhangers

3. The characters were allowed to age

4. There was at least a story and plot to it.

5. It ended on a high note

6. The digimon can talk

7. The villains scared the shit out of you.

8. Plenty of shit just got real moments.

9. The digimon aren't forced into slavery

10. It dealt with lots of real life issues

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really greatly love the Digimon animes I've seen (Adventures, 02 and Tamers) because of many of the things you list, yeah. It was like a more realistic story - despite the digital creatures running around! That's quite impressive. Especially Tamers was frankly amazing, but also Adventures dealt with many deep issues such as friendship, betrayal and family.

Pokémon never even came close. Highly unrealistic, never-aging characters and no story that makes sense. Seems much more made for 5 year olds than Digimon was. As much as I can appreciate some aspects of the pokémon anime, and even enjoy it, it simply doesn't hold up in any regard compared to the Digimon one. Sorry :3

It's a pity though, as the pokémon world is really cool. I am one of the people still wishing for a Pokémon Special/Adventures anime ^^ The special episodes featuring Red and Green were much better than the standard anime, imo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • never into digimon but a popular opinion from the internet is that (digimon anime > pokemon anime) but (pokemon games > digimon games)
    really wish for a higher quality adaptation of pokemon

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Try playing Cyber Sleuth. No english dub makes no difference whatsoever.

For me... it was BEST DIGIMON GAME EVER and CONSIDERABLY better than practically any of the Pokemon games.

But hey... that's just me and what do I know?

:irate-stare:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Try playing Cyber Sleuth. No english dub makes no difference whatsoever.

For me... it was BEST DIGIMON GAME EVER and CONSIDERABLY better than practically any of the Pokemon games.

But hey... that's just me and what do I know?

:irate-stare:

Well your taste is subjective, not objective. If you think it's better, then it's better. xd In terms of anime, I think Digimon has the edge if we consider the first four seasons. The latter seasons...not so much...:/ However, I do like the S/M anime series though. :D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've seen Digimon Adventure, 02, and Tamers, and I have to agree that the Digimon anime is superior to the Pokemon anime, for most of the reasons listed in the OP. Also, unlike the Pokemon anime, Digimon doesn't milk out any protagonist.

Back