• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Mythological Creture?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Ok so this question again what's your favorite Mythological Creature? I like Dragons, Unicorns, And Griffins.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I absolutely love phoenixes <3. I find them elegant and graceful creatures and birds have always been an animal I admired. I also find it amazing about that the phoenix, can be reborn from ashes and starts all over again, it's an interesting concept. Also, a bird on fire just sounds amazing in my opinion, I wish I had a pet phoenix. XD;

My second choice would definitely be the dragon! I love all sorts of dragons, for their power and strength,their unique sleek appearance, with scales,horns, pointed wings and huge fangs. Breathing fire, flying and also the role they play in fairytales is interesting! I really adore dragons, they have to be one of my favourites. <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm also in the phoenix camp. The elegance of a flying streak of flame just really appeals to me. It looks powerful. I love Moltres for this very reason.

Years
I'm not really that into mythical creatures but I love dragons, phoenixes and unicorns the best.

I love how well the dragons are interpreted in Chinese culture especially. Phoenixes have the ability to rebirth from the dead (as I saw in a Harry Potter movie) and unicorns are so cute and popular with girls.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hmmm. Mythic creatures huh. I think dragons are great. Phoenixes I like also. But I would say I like Kraken and other water creatures most. And Fefnir. Fefnir is an awesome concept. A wolf so big it touches the sky. :D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Even if it's overused, the dragon is hands down the best mythological creature, and my personal favorite. It has it all, and then some.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
The Simurgh, which is a phoenix of Persian origin, that is often found in Muslim literature, has to be my favourite.

Simurgh-picture-600x457.jpg

It's a giant phoenix like bird that's incredibly wise and a protector of humanity. And it had power to purify all things. Sometimes it looks like it has a dog face, other times just like a bird. Also, it's incredibly old. Too bad most people don't know about it though.

Another cool thing about it is that Simurgh is actually a pun that can also mean "Thirty Birds", which is a reference made in the epic poem "Conference of the Birds".

And with that, more Simurgh art:

Spoiler:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
There's this fairy muse thing called the leanan sidhe and it's one of my favorite fictional beings, period. It's from Celtic mythology and it's a beautiful woman who gives its victim amazing artistic talent in return for their love, then it drains their life away while they spiral into insanity.

I'd fall for it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Anubis, Chimera, Sphinx, and Ouroboros are my favourites. Anubs definitely tops it for me, though. Bastet is also cool; I like my Egyptian Gods.. though I don't know if I can technically place them under mythology.. after all, it was once a religion, wasn't it?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Basilisk, and I like dragons a lot too. Not very original but I guess there's a reason for that haha.
Spoiler:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've always had a fascination with dragons since I was little. I also like the Leviathan, phoenix, and Cerberus.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Easily Dragons. Ive always loved them. Now i collect them.

Back