• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Can we change difficulty in the middle of playthrough?
    I realized Normal is too tough for me :(
    Sorry if my question has already been answered.

Not after starting a playthrough, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, does "ROWE" stand for "Romhack Open World Edition"?

Many thought it was "Real Open World Emerald". Some thought it was "Riolu's Open World Emerald". Believe it or not, it's actually "Rayquaza's Open World Emerald"

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey. I played this game for one hour, and saved my game, then I reloaded my games 2 hours later and, my save apparently became corrupted.
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

I play on mGBA, on windows, and if I recall correctly, that was my settings:
    Hard Difficulty
    Max IV
    No EV
    Random starter
    Random start

And I saved in the Rustboro City pokemon center. I just fought a bunch of trainers and caught an Azurill. I had 0 badges. I don't used cheats.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's important, but I picked the potion in my PC before talking to the NPC in my room.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hey. I played this game for one hour, and saved my game, then I reloaded my games 2 hours later and, my save apparently became corrupted.
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

I play on mGBA, on windows, and if I recall correctly, that was my settings:
    Hard Difficulty
    Max IV
    No EV
    Random starter
    Random start

And I saved in the Rustboro City pokemon center. I just fought a bunch of trainers and caught an Azurill. I had 0 badges. I don't used cheats.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's important, but I picked the potion in my PC before talking to the NPC in my room.

Sorry to hear you lost your progress. A few questions:

1. Did you start this save on mGBA or move it over from another emulator/flashcard?
    2. Regarding the rom: Did you patch with the online patcher? In case you DL'd a prepatched rom, know that some glitches only occur on them because they're often not using the correct rom base.
    3. Latest version of ROWE?
    4. Any oddities you've noticed? Was the RTC (in game clock) functioning correctly? Any freezes or anything prior?
    5. Were you on double battle mode?
    6. What version of mGBA were using?
    7. Did you attempt the mock battles at all or change your outfit in game?

If you join the Discord, you'll get a MUCH quicker response as well as better support. You can submit a bug report there and we'll see what caused this

I've had this erase thing happen to me on GBA VC. My clock wasn't accurate and events didn't occur. It was after I defeated the E4 that I lost everything.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Sorry to hear you lost your progress. A few questions:

1. Did you start this save on mGBA or move it over from another emulator/flashcard?
    2. Regarding the rom: Did you patch with the online patcher? In case you DL'd a prepatched rom, know that some glitches only occur on them because they're often not using the correct rom base.
    3. Latest version of ROWE?
    4. Any oddities you've noticed? Was the RTC (in game clock) functioning correctly? Any freezes or anything prior?
    5. Were you on double battle mode?
    6. What version of mGBA were using?
    7. Did you attempt the mock battles at all or change your outfit in game?

If you join the Discord, you'll get a MUCH quicker response as well as better support. You can submit a bug report there and we'll see what caused this

I've had this erase thing happen to me on GBA VC. My clock wasn't accurate and events didn't occur. It was after I defeated the E4 that I lost everything.

1. I started on mGBA
    2. I patched with online patcher
    3. Yeah
    4. Everything was working correctlyy
    5. Nope
    6. 0.10.0 (latest release)
    7. Nope

In my new save, I saved and restarted a bunch of times, but it never became corrupted

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2022
    Is it possible to get a shiny Regirock? I've been running in and out of the cave a lot. Do shiny cheats work?

Sazandora800

Hydreigon enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Is it possible to get a shiny Regirock? I've been running in and out of the cave a lot. Do shiny cheats work?

Cheats don't work in this game. But as far as I know, gen 3 legends are not shiny-locked so you can indeed encounter a shiny Regirock -- it just might take a lot of resets but you'll find it eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Hey DexNav appears to not be working correctly. My search level is always set to 0, with no way to make it go up. Am I missing something? I just want to get a funny monkey with a cool move

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024

Would advise against cheats as the game has an anti cheat. If it detects the cheats are used, it will soft reset or even wipe your save.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good day everyone, today I would like to release a big update that removes the cries of all the Pokémon and adds a lot of things people asked for some time: over 400 new followers with more to come, there are also a lot of little changes to scripts, fixes, new Legendary Pokémon, new static encounters, new items, a reworked Randomized mode and a lot more
    Here is the changelog:
    Changelog 1.8
    Spoiler:

Download link and Patcher:
    https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2024
    Spoiler:

does this mean all pokes except Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are 100% mute?
    if so, I'm heartbroken, but i understand it's to make more space for stuff like
    Spoiler:

EDIT: It removes all cries except the mentioned legends and
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I am surprised to see so many more overworld sprites added, I wouldn't have expected that. Cool stuff!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    how would you go about editing the save file

The save editor would basically need to be built specifically for ROWE.

I wouldn't recommend it though as doing anything like giving access to Pokemon that aren't currently available or obtaining items that aren't in game yet will activate the anti-cheat. The game will either delete your save or constantly reset once entering a battle or opening the menu.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good Day everyone, today I would like to bring you a little update that adds new game+ and some other neat things like some gen 8 moves and some new followers, this update its little in comparation to last one since I have been pretty busy lately so I was not able to work on it as much, here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.8.1
    Spoiler:

The documentation may be updated in a future date

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good day everyone, today I would like to bring you a little update that fixes some bugs from the past version along with some other fixes and changes, here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.8.1.1
    Spoiler:

The documentation will be updated in the future

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    One of the best things about ROWE are its constant updates. What's cool about that is, Riolu is basically doing it all himself.

Props to easily one of the best modders in gen 3.

Back