• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaPikachu

Great White Whale
Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Viridian, Ahoy!

Frank arose early the next morning. He could just see the sun on the horizon as it was rising. This was not surprising to him due to his earlier years on the mountain.

Frank was unsure on how to fix his diet situation. He had no food on him and he knew that there were no stores in Pallet Town. He decided it was best for him just to press onward to Viridian and enjoy a nice breakfast.

He had quickly packed up his tent and securely put it in his bag. Before entering Route 1, Frank let Jet out of his pokeball. He was thinking that traveling alongside each other would help build a bond between the two.

There was an urge for Frank to venture into the wild grass and explore the wild pokemon and train Jet. Yet the grumbling of his stomach continued his push along the path toward Viridian. This urge stayed with him as he continued to catch the glimpse of trainers looking for and battling wild pokemon.

Frank had stopped on the edge of the grass to witness a battle between two trainers. Before he could really process what was going on, he felt a wind smack him on the back. He turned to see a Starly hovering across the path, peeking out of the tall grass. But there was something unique about this one. It featured a broad scratch across its face.

Then it hit Frank, "Jet! Its Starly!" Jet had quickly turned away from watching the battle and made eye contact with the Starly.

Jet had set his feet, readying himself for battle. Starly had also settled into the ground across the way. Before Frank could yell a command to Jet the battle had begun.

Jet dashed across the path making contact and sending Starly into the tall grass. Jet stayed at the edge as if he was afraid to search the grass for Starly.

"Jet! M-!" was all Frank could get out before Starly had made contact with Jet. Starly had jumped up from within the grass into a nosedive toward Jet finishing with a string of peck attacks.

"Quick attack away from it!" Frank commanded thinking to create some distance between the two pokemon. This strategy had seemed to work as Jet was now alongside Frank and the barrage of pecks had ended.

"Focus up!" little time passed before Frank belted out a command for Jet to gather itself. Starly saw that Jet was beginning to gather its energy and tried to make a quick move and disrupt it. Fortunately Jet had realized this before Starly got close enough and dodged Starly's attack and quickly countered, without any instruction from Frank, with a quick attack. This move devastated the Starly and sent it crashing toward the grass.

Before Jet could make a finishing move Frank told him to back off. "Its much too weak to use, luck can only take one so far." He stated before reaching into his bag to throw a berry to help the injured Starly survive the wild grass.

Frank could now see the end of the path and a sign of to the distance, which he imagined welcomed travelers to Viridian. Before he could push himself out of Route 1 something had caught his eye.

A cloud of smoke pushed up from the tall grass and he could hear yelling. Before he could push into the grass a Slugma had emerged and ran to take shelter behind Frank.

"Whats wrong little guy." Frank asked getting close yet staying far away not to touch its magma body. Without an answer the Slugma just kept its eyes fixated on where it came from.

"Hey kid get away from that!" The man had emerged from the grass followed by a Houndour. He was wearing a long white lab coat suggesting that he was a scientist. "That pokemon belongs to me and you'll pay for helping it! Now Houndour get 'em!"

Jet and Frank had made eye contact and with a nod from both Jet readied himself for battle. "Bring it on! I'm ready for all you got!"

"You're a real jokester, my Houndour will be all I need to plow through you. Now, Houndour ember!" Houndour settled itself and opened its mouth as fire busted out toward Jet. Jet had tried to evade the attack and missed many of the fire but the attack still made contact.

"Quick attack Jet!" Jet dashed through the air as Houndour look startled as if Jet had disappeared. The scientist had made an attempt to instruct Houndour to move but it was too late. Jet had made good contact and sent Houndour back a few feet. The Houndour looked dizzy after contact.

"Alright Houndour you've had enough after punishing some other punks." Houndour was then returned to his pokeball via the red beam. "This one'll get ya!" He then threw out his pokeball and a Drowzee appeared. He tried to grab the upper hand by shouting out the command, "Quick, disable it!" before Frank could instruct Jet.

This had worked as the Drowzee had produced a sort of flash that sent Jet struggling to re-find its balance.

"Jet, get this one with a quick attack too!" Jet had tried to build up the speed but it seemed as if he didn't know what he was doing.

The scientist had begun to chuckle "You don't know what disable does do you?" Frank nodded his head saying 'no'. "Your pokemon can't use a move and temporarily forgets how! Now watch how to battle. Drowzee give it some z's!"

The Drowzee had started to hold its hands out and mumble something. Before Frank or Jet knew what was going on waves had begun pulsating from Drowzee. Within seconds they made it to Jet and instantly he was asleep.

"Jet wake up!" Frank screamed franticly.

"It's no use. Drowzee finish it off." The Drowzee slowly walked over to Jet and began to unleash punches on to it. "You call yourself a trainer? You're just pathetic."

"No! How? Jet come back." Before any major damage was done Jet was returned, but almost simultaneously the Slugma had made a charge toward Drowzee. Stoping slightly before it, magma had began to burst from its body and covered Drowzee. Drowzee began to run around in fear. Not before long Drowzee had just fallen over out of exhaustion.

"How did you do that? Slugma doesn't even belong to you! That's the last time you'll mess with us!" The scientist gathered up Drowzee and quickly ran off into the tall grass.

"Woah Slugma that was great! How would you like to join Jet and I?"

Slugma nodded his head in agreement. Frank then threw his pokeball to finalize the capture.

(OCC: If you decide I don't get Slugma I can easily edited this out.)

"Alright I'll nickname once we get to Viridian." He then place the pokeball into his bag and made his way out of Route 1 into Viridian City.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Chapter 4: New Team Mates
    Ding! The Pokeball stopped shaking with the Shinx safely inside. "All right!" Mike exclaimed happy at his first capture. He held the ball high in the air, a little too dramatic, running off the high of his first capture.

<You would have thought I didn't do anything…> Budew muttered.

"Great job Budew!" Mike said, turning around his face a literal glow. "Man am I glad Oak gave me you for a partner!"

Well Budew didn't know any higher praise, and accidently used Growth.

"Let's meet our new member!" Mike said as he released Shinx. Shinx popped out a little confused. Wasn't that the Budew she was fighting a few moments ago? "Welcome to the family Shinx!" Mike said a little friendly. Shinx understood that she had become captured. Accepting that she walked away from Mike and Budew and sat down.

<Hey, what's wrong?> Budew asked Shinx.

<Well for one I had a battle apple this morning, my friend hasn't been talking to me, and I was just FREKING CAPTURED! What do you think is wrong?!> Shinx growled back.

<Well sorry! Just trying to be nice…> Budew muttered as he wandered back over to Mike.

"What's the matter Shinx?" Mike asked concerned. He went over to try to pet Shinx, but she tried to bite him. "What is it with Pokémon and trying to bite me?" he cried. Shinx just turned his back on Mike in response. "Well hopefully you'll come around." Mike said as he returned Shinx to her ball.

He looked over at Budew and kind of sadly said "Let's keep moving Budew."

So the duo set off for Viridian City and didn't get more than a few when they heard something. "SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE! Why the hell didn't my Pokedex tell me that before I tried to catch Sandshrew?!"

"What was that?" Mike wandered aloud. Budew just shrugged his shoulders. "Let's go find out." Wandering through the grass Mike and Budew came apon two girls, both younger than him. One was a red head, taller than Mike, wearing a pair of sunglasses with a look of wonder and a passing look of anger. The other girl was, thankfully, shorter than Mike. She had blue hair that reached past shoulders and a look of absolute terror on her face. Always a master of tack, Mike walked into the scene and said, "Hi there," with Budew following his master, shaking his head at Mike's tactlessness.

Years
  • Route 1 - 2nd post

Sensing that the girl was similar to her, Josephine turned and smiled, before placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "I'm Josephine, and this is my partner Riley. Why don't we keep heading towards Viridian?" With a low-sweeping motion from her other hand, she gestured at the female Shinx, before stepping forward. The redhead's action made the other three follow her. "What did you see?" she added, referring to the girl's unintentional outburst.

After the trainers told Josephine that their names were Aaron, Mike and Amaya, Amaya replied that she had seen the family of Josephine's Sandshrew slaughtered and Juri was the only one left, apart from some vicious monster called Sandmaul who looked similar, yet vastly different, to Sandslash.

As the trainers and their partner Pokémon continued on down the path towards Viridian, none of them noticed a dark-skinned figure watching their departure, while he stood behind a cedar tree. He narrowed his icy blue eyes and reflected on whether or not he should tell his boss about the latest development.

<You know you want to, Nighthawk,> a feral snarl ripped through the air. An incredibly large, undomesticated feline padded up to the person's side. He was a being of perfection and seemed even more elegant in his untamed state. His long and slender tail trailed behind him, the tip coiling slightly. The cat's soft paws made no sound on the grassy ground. Piercing crimson eyes shone with as much brilliance as the gem embedded on his forehead and his slightly darker-furred, rounded ears picked up every sound.

"Quiet Felmare." He replied, looking down at his partner. The pre-teen appeared to be more easy-going than his bloodthirsty Persian. His Mohawk-styled hair was jet black. Though only a youngster, he had a strong physique, but was still slim. Nighthawk's outfit consisted of a matching short-sleeved black shirt and long shorts. Fluttering behind him in the wind, and fastened around his neck with a silver chain, was a black cape. Lastly, imprinted on the inside of his right wrist was the tattoo of a black hawk.

The dark-skinned twelve-year-old plucked a sphere off his belt and threw it into the air. A yellow, bipedal, fox-like creature appeared from the Poké Ball. She appeared to have two long, fur-like whiskers around her mouth that fell down to the mid-portion of her slender body. In each hand, the creature held a silver spoon. She twirled these spoons, while waiting for her master's orders.

"Scyla, follow those trainers." He commanded and gazed into her brown eyes for a couple of minutes.

<Yes, Master Nighthawk,> an echoing, feminine-toned voice answered.

The Alakazam teleported away moments later, with the image and conversation about the trainers still fresh in her mind.

<What are you intending to do with those trainers, Ace?> Felmare spat, as he gouged his claws into the yielding soil.

Felmare had overstepped the personal boundary. Influencing the water around him by making a series of complex hand movements, Nighthawk overloaded the Persian's senses and threatened to drown him.

"Do not call me that!" He hissed through gritted teeth. His frosty blue eyes narrowed. "You know the rules! Address me as either Nighthawk or Master! Do you understand?!"

Unable to speak for fear of getting the loathed liquid in his lungs, Felmare simply nodded, his scarlet eyes wide with shock. Placing his hands together and then thrusting them down and out, Nighthawk dispersed the water that he was able to control so very easily.

For several long moments, Felmare sat crouched over, breathing heavily as if it was his last day alive. As he began to recover, he glared up at Nighthawk. <There was no need to use your spell-casting abilities on me, master!>

The twelve-year-old snorted in contempt. "I did what had to be done. You disrespected the level of my authority. Now, in response to your question, I want to analyze her abilities and see if she's as good as her mother."

Meanwhile, the red-haired teen – who was the topic of the conversation – had currently stopped, slowing the group's progress. "You're such a cutie!" Josephine squealed, not even stopping to think about how Professor Oak had obtained her Shinx.

Crouching down, the teen gently rubbed the feline on her head; in response, the female Shinx purred happily and nuzzled in closer against the girl's soft touch. This moment of happy bonding continued for some time, until Josephine looked at her digital watch and exclaimed in surprise. "Look at the time! I suppose we better keep heading towards Viridian City. We don't wanna get there too late."

In holding up the red and white sphere in front of her partner's face, the unspoken question of 'did she want to go back inside?' was raised. Riley shook her head, indicating that she didn't want to return to its confines at the moment.

A couple of hours later, the group were thankfully nearing Viridian City – their already-meagre supplies were running low. They sighed when they saw the city and its lights. Josephine, Mike, Amaya and Aaron decided to spend the night at the Pokémon Centre and buy their supplies in the morning. The teens caught a glimpse of a building with a crimson roof and quickly ducked inside. The group stood inside, pausing to catch their breath.

A nurse behind the counter spoke up. She had cerise hair and wore a white nurses' uniform with pink lacing. "This is the Viridian City Pokémon Centre. How may I help you?"

Walking hurriedly over to the desk, they handed their occupied spheres to the pink-haired woman who was Nurse Joy. "Our names are Josephine, Amaya, Mike and Aaron and we're beginning Pokémon trainers. Could you please examine our Pokémon? My Sandshrew needs some extra care," Josephine explained, and Joy nodded, before taking the orbs out to the back room.

Nurse Joy then spoke up in her trademark soft voice several minutes later. "Your Pokémon are ready, you four."

"Thanks," they answered, taking their Poké Balls and attaching them to their belts. Yawning, Josephine turned to Nurse Joy and asked if there were any spare rooms available. At this, Aaron and Mike went to their own rooms, while Amaya waited for Josephine.

Upon receiving an affirmative response, Josephine and Amaya struggled upstairs to room B625. Josephine unlocked the door and the exhausted trainers merely crawled into the two single beds that were available, falling asleep almost straight away.

Years
  • The day was bright and sunny and the heat was only exaggerated by the sweat coming off Thurston's body. He was bent over, catching his breath on the outskirts of Pallet Town. He had been walking for an hour and a half to reach this point, and it had taken a lot out of him. He'd have to toughen up and get used to being on the road or else he wouldn't stand a chance out in the wild. His bag was wet. In all honesty he couldn't wait until summer ended. In winter you could always rug up, but in summer there were only so many items of clothing you could take off before you just couldn't anymore. Thurston was a pretty sensible guy, so he left his shirt on, even though he'd be seeing close to no-one across the entire route. He would only end up getting sunburnt anyway. After pulling a water bottle from his bag and taking a long drink, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the Poké Ball he had received from Professor Oak, containing a Sandshrew. He pressed the button on the center and red light emerged from the capsule, swiftly forming the shape of a Pokémon and then solidifying it.

The Pokémon barked into the air a few times and scratched its head with one of its hind legs a few times before noticing Thurston's feet. It didn't seem bothered by being in the company of an unknown person, or even being away from the laboratory so suddenly. It seemed to understand that this boy was its owner now, and didn't question things - a lot like how Thurston acted. It was satisfied. For the time being. It curled up into a ball and began to roll in circles around him, carefree. Thurston reached into his bag's front pocket and pulled out a poffin he had bought earlier that morning in Vermillion, then placing his bag on the ground. His new Pokémon instantly noticed the treat and stopped on the spot in front of its trainer. Thurston fed the poffin to the Pokémon and then stood, watching it feed on the treat. It was a male. He tried to think up of a name to call it before he began moving again, so he could grow more friendly towards it. Also so the narrator didn't have to keep referring to it as "the Sandshrew" or "the Pokémon". Thurston opened his mouth to speak when something caught the eye of his new friend.

Across from where they were standing, a Sandshrew ran headfirst in the direction of a tree but fell over at the last second, landing into the tree back first and sliding down to the ground. Beside it was a Zigzagoon, headbutting the tree with ease and feeding on one of the apples that fell with the force of the headbutt. Thurston understood the situation. The Sandshrew was trying to copy the Zigzagoon in order to get itself a meal but just couldn't perform the move. Thurston's Pokémon dashed over towards where the other Sandshrew was, understandably intrigued by seeing another Pokémon of its own species. The Zigzagoon fled into the tall grass, leaving the two Sandshrew alone. The Sandshrew began sniffing each other - it was their way of greeting, and also of finding out if the opposing animal was a fiend or a friend. They seemed to get along well. Thurston smiled a little and kept his distance, letting the two Pokémon interact. They began rubbing their necks together and it was then that he realised that this other Sandshrew was a female. He had to intervene before he had twenty more Sandshrew to deal with. He pulled out another poffin from its packet, and upon hearing the rustle of the plastic bag containing the poffins Thurston's Sandshrew was already at his feet, sitting patiently. The wild Sandshrew, of course, had no idea what was going on.

After his Sandshrew ate the treat it walked over to Thurston's pack and began rummaging through the pockets. He already knew there was nothing else that was possibly edible for the Sandshrew and so he didn't stop it, but within a moment it occurred to him that his Pokémon wasn't looking for food at all. The Sandshrew emerged with an empty Poké Ball in its mouth and stared up at Thurston with puppy-dog eyes. He wished he had a camera on him, but he didn't. The female Sandshrew looked from afar and then curiously came wandering over. Thurston bent down and petted it on the head. The Sandshrew let out a soft, happy sounding noise and then turned back towards Thurston's Sandshrew. The male Sandshrew dropped the Poké Ball to the ground and it opened, swallowing the wild Sandshrew whole. The Poké Ball wobbled a few times but then it opened again, releasing the Pokémon inside. The wild Sandshrew curled up into a ball and began rocking back and forth, obviously scared.

Thurston reached into the plastic bag to pull out another poffin and the wild Sandshrew knew what the sound meant from last time and uncurled in a rush, sitting patiently. Thurston reached over to feed the poffin when his Sandshrew jumped in front and took the treat for itself with a smile on its face. He laughed a bit, and reached for another poffin, this time making sure his Pokémon didn't knock it off first. The wild Sandshrew sat and ate casually. When it was finished it looked up at Thurston. He reached down to pick up the Poké Ball that his Pokémon had opened just previously and held it at eye level with the wild Sandshrew, so that it understood just what he was going to do. The wild Sandshrew nodded. Thurston dropped the Poké Ball again, and this time it enveloped a wild Pokémon that knew what was coming, not an unsuspecting one. The ball wobbled.

***​
    Yeah, I thought I'd try a Safari type thing with feeding the Sandshrew, because I didn't want to have the two Pokémon fighting seeing as I don't plan for them to hate each other at any point throughout the roleplay. I made the post a similar length as a battle post so hopefully that'll make the whole befriending thing work for now. Though it's really up to you.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • Entry IV: Metus

Route 1 - Post 2

"There is power in fear. It holds an amount of hold over the person afflicted—making them lose all that they once had to courage to fight against. Fear is nothing more than your deepest desire turned sour. If your fear is weakness, your desire is strength. If your fear is captivity, your desire is freedom. Fear has that hold to control your desire. Is it fear that you wish to control or is it the desire you wish to achieve? – Mark McCoy, Wisdom III"

"Looks like we get to have a chat after, Mr. Nighthawk," Isaiah fiddled with the binder of his book as he stared into the young teen's eyes.

"I do not believe we have met," Nighthawk question taking a step forward.

"Oh, I'm not here to fight. On contrary, I'm just here for conversion," Isaiah ran his fingertips through the confines of his brown hair.

"Then talk…"

The aura that they both emitted was that of pure darkness—however, Isaiah's was a bit lighter than the person that stood in front of him. Nighthawk, with Felmare circling him like a vulture on the ground, seemed to be feeling the exact aura that Isaiah was giving. Both of them held this general feeling of contempt towards each other despite the fact this was their first meeting. The absorbed the flowing darkness between them in their pores as they stood face to face. Isaiah was the first to make a good movement, that only being the crossing of his arm. He gave a light laughter.

"I see. You feel the differences between. Whether that is difference of strength or wisdom, one of us has the advantage. So let's not make this barbaric. I'm here for some information."

"What makes you think that you are entitled to such information, Wisdom?" Nighthawk gawked towards him studying him closely.

"I didn't say that I was. I was just throwing the consideration out that. Or do you want that scientist that Frank defeated dead?"

"You attacked one of my scientists? That's pretty bold," Nighthawk shook his head. "You might regret that."

"I didn't say I have attacked him, yet. Ark is watching him," Isaiah mentioned.

Isaiah snapped his fingertips allowing a magical screen to appear before them. Upon the translucent screen was indeed the scientist that Frank had defeated—despite using a pokemon that wasn't his to command. The screen was basically from Ark's eyes, the owl's wings could be heard ruffling. He had every intention to kill this man if Nighthawk didn't answer his questions. However, Nighthawk hardly seemed phased by this threat.
    "Do you think that this bothers me?" Nighthawk questioned.

<This kid better back off before I kill him,> Felmare warned as it took a battle stance. Isaiah sharply glared at the cat's eyes. It involuntarily took a step back. It reminded him of Nighthawk's glare.

"Like I said, we are here to have conversion. Not to make a fuss in battle. I would surely lose to you, Mr. Hawk."

"I'll tell you what need to know," Nighthawk said amused. Was he toying with Isaiah like Isaiah wanted to do with him?

"I just want to know. Was the incident at Tin Tower Team Rocket's fault?"

"Yes…" Nighthawk said calmly as he began to walk away.

Isaiah walked passed Nighthawk as he said that. They shared this glare; corner to corner, iris to iris, pupil to pupil. Their frozen glances iced the air that they had in common. A smile curled on Isaiah as Nighthawk's facial expression hardened. Out of nowhere, their fist slammed against each other allowing the elemental light and water to grid against each other's knuckles. The collision kept going for a couple of minutes; however, both stopped abruptly. Isaiah stepped backwards when Felmare's eyes became increasingly hostile.

<Step away…> Felmare warned.

Nighthawk shook his head. "So, you're the light wielder…." Nighthawk spoke blankly.

"I see that you're the water one," Isaiah said in retort.

"Next time, we meet…" Nighthawk pointed towards Isaiah. "Wisdom, you will die to my hand," Nighthawk spoke.

"Don't be on the inclination that I'm actually letting you off for what happen at Tin Tower."

With that, Nighthawk faded into the darkness of the forest allowing Isaiah alone. The two had created a bond at the moment in where their fist collided. It was a bond forged of hatred. Neither of them was going to back down the next time that they crossed paths. It would be a full blown war when that happened.

*​
    <I was expecting that you were going to order me to kill him…> Ark spoke calmly.

"No no. We have business to attend to at Viridian besides…it wasn't going to get the information that I wanted," Isaiah flashed a smile. "How's the new addition?"

<He's warming up to the environment of the Grimore. Have you given him a name?>
    "The look in his eyes reminds me of man's last day on earth. I am giving him the name of Revelation."

"That's a fitting name."

After the small confrontation with Nighthawk, Isaiah has laying low in case he was now the target of the Team. Though he could probably beat at least one, five or six could become worrisome and without a travelling partner, he wasn't going to take that risk. He continued onward down the jagged path of Route 1. He only fought when he found the need to.

He wasn't that far from Viridian City now. It was only a couple of minutes away now. He could vividly see the sprawling town before him. For some reason, it almost disgusted him. This was the place that Team Rocket once was stationed safely. The world was ignorant to the fact a pest had grown so freely within those grounds. Knowledge is what people needed to fight this enemy; however none of them could wield such a precious weapon. Isaiah had ever intention to use what he knew to destroy Team Rocket.
    ~​
    OCC: Author Notes: I once attended to have Isaiah fight a scientist. I found no need after Frank had. So I made this really awesome part. Hope you like it.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • When the Pokeball finally stopped moving and there came a 'bing', Clare smiled widely and picked the ball up. She punched the air that held the ball and shouted, "Alright! We caught an Absol! Man, do you know how rare these things are!?"

"Meowth!" Chase said happily, purring as he rubbed himself agianst his trainer. This time, Clare didn't mind it too much and let the cat do it for a little bit. But soon she grew tired of it and gently tapped the Meowth away from her.

"Right...now that that is done, lets get going," Clare said, then once again started to walk down the Route. Chase sighed at his trainer but loyally followed after her.

The girl once again started to look about her, wondering if she should catch another Pokemon or not. But she soon got rid of the idea, figuring that neither her Meowth or her new Absol, who she was going to call Shinobi, did not have the energy to fight too many more Pokemon. If she had some potions, she would just use that and then maybe catch some more, but since that wasn't really an option...

Clare suddenly stopped when she heard voices just up ahead of her. Chase stopped right next to her and tilted his head. He then growled lowly and let out a low hiss. Clare 'shh' her Pokemon before slowly walking forward. She flatened herself against a tree and looked around the corner.

There, before the girl, stood a young teen with a vicious looking Persian and an older looking man who was wringing his hands nervously. The boy let out a tired sigh, as if he had said this a thousand times, then said, "You know, you really screwed up in stealing that kid's Pokemon. I really don't know what I should do with you..."

"Please, Master Nighthawk," the older man said, seeming more nervous. "Just give me another, chance, please!"

"Well," the kid, named Nighthawk, began before his Persain suddenly spun it's head around to where Clare and Chase were and hissed at them.

"What is it?" Nighthawk asked, then looked to where his larger cat was looking and grinned. "Well, John, I thnk I just figured out a solution to this problem. You steal that girl's Pokemon, and then I'll forget your past faliure. If not, then your punishment will be more savear."

"Yes, Master Nighthawk," John said, then turned and glared at Clare. "You, girl! Come out here! I'm gonna kick your ass!"

"Right," Clare muttered, but steped from behind the tree and faced the older man. Chase stood beside her and hissed at him while glaring angerly.

Both Nighthawk and his Persain tilted their heads, finding it interesting that this girl had a Meowth. Nighthawk then smirked, wondering how well this girl fought.

John just grunted and pulled out a Pokeball. "Treecko! Do something for once!" He shouted as he threw the Pokeball and, in a flash of light, a battered looking Treecko appeared. It looked at Clare and groaned. "Oh shut up! Just knock out this girl's Pokemon so that I can steal them!"

"Wow, what a moron," Clare muttered, then said out loud, "Chase, use a Scratch attack!"

"Meowth!" Chase shouted and charged at the Treecko, slashing it with his sharp claws. The gecko cried out in pain and jumped back to avoid more damage.

"Come on you worthless thing!" John shouted. "Pound that damn Meowth!"

"Tree," the Treecko muttered before running at Chase and slamming him with it's fist. The cat cried out with pain as he was knocked back.

"Chase, quick, use Growl and then another Scratch!" Clare shouted to her Pokemon.

Chase nodded before growling lowly at the Treecko, making it shiver slightly. He then ran at the gecko and slashed it once more with his claws. The Treecko cried out once mor eas it was hit and feel to it's knees, panting slightly.

"For the love of Mew! Can't you do anything right!" John shouted, sweating as he was aware of Nighthawk's gaze on him. "Pound that cat again!"

"Tree...cko..." it grunted before slowly standing back up again. It then charged at Chase again, but it was slower this time and the cat was able to dodge the attack.

"Scratch again!" Clare shouted.

Chase nodded before scratching the Treecko once, then again for good measure. The gecko was knocked onto the ground. It tried to pushe itself back up, but it's arms collapsed on itself and it fell to the ground limp.

John licked his lips nervously as he took out the Treecko's pokeball and returned it. He was shaking like a leaf as he turned to face the boy, who was shaking his head.

"Such a waste, you are," Nighthawk said. "Can't even take one Pokemon from a girl. It is much too bad...Oh well, head back to base." When John started to walk away, he added, "Oh, and if you think about running, then my Persian may just have a special treat tonight."

"Persian," the Classy Cat purred, licking its lips.

John turned pale before turing around running in a different direction. Nighthawk smiled before turning to Clare.

"You know, with some experience under ya, you might actually be a good Rocket member," he said, grinning. "Interested?"

"Hell no," Clare spat. "There's no way I'm going to do anything that involves you sleeze balls."

The Persian hissed lowly but Nighthawk quieted it with a wave of his hand. "That's too bad. Still, if you even change your mind, you know who to call," he said before turning and walking away, the Persian right behind him.

Clare sighed to herself before bending down and picking the Chase up, much to the Meowth's delight. "Well...I guess we better get going. I really need to heal you and Shinobi up," she muttered, then started to walk toward Varidian city.

Years
  • Eliminator Jr. - Feeding the Sandshrew was an excellent idea.

Thurston successfully captured a level 5 female Sandshrew. You can choose the nature, but she has Rock Slide as an egg move.

Sgt Shock - Superbly written, SS.

Ark held Jin while Isaiah talked with Nighthawk.

Charzeon - I was impressed.

Clare and Chase fought off John's Treecko and made it to Viridian safely.

Viridian City

Number of Posts: 2-3
    Description: A large city which is filled with residents and trainers who are passing-by. It also holds an Academy, a Gym, Team Rocket's Viridian HQ and even a Training Hall.

What can you do in a City?

Heal your Pokémon.

Be selected by your Chosen Legendary.

Buy items.

Have Gym battles if the Gym is open.

Explore the town.

NOTE:
    You may not catch wild Pokémon in the city, and you cannot have Pokémon battles, unless you're in a certain part of the town; for example in Viridian City, you may battle in the Gym or the Training Hall. This is basically a place to restore your health and relax.

AVAILABLE LEGENDARIES

NOTE: I'm well aware that there are only 11 of us at the moment, but for those of you who may not like the Kantonian or Johton Legendaries, I will be listing all of them. ONE legendary per RPer, thank you. The Latis are essentially brother and sister, so I deem them as one Legendary.

Articuno (Taken by ).

Zapdos (Taken by ).

Moltres (Taken by koguryo).

Mew (Taken by Kyuu-chan).

Mewtwo (Taken by ).

Suicune (Taken by Charzeon).

Raikou (Taken by ).

Entei (Taken by jcogginsa).

Lugia (Taken by Sgt Shock).

Ho-oh (Taken by ).

Celebi (Taken by winterfell).

Regirock (Taken by ).

Regice (Taken by ).

Registeel (Taken by ).

Latias/Latios (Taken by Zimvee).

Kyogre (Taken by ).

Groudon (Taken by ).

Rayquaza (Taken by ).

Jirachi (Taken by ).

Deoxys - all forms (Taken by pikakip).

Uxie (Taken by ).

Mesprit (Taken by Zeta Dimentio).

Azelf (Taken by ).

Dialga (Taken by ).

Palkia (Taken by ).

Heatran (Taken by ).

Regigigas (Taken by ).

Giratina - both forms (Taken by ).

Cresselia (Taken by ).

Manaphy (Taken by ).

Darkrai (Taken by ).

Shaymin - both forms (Taken by PikaPikachu).

Places of Interest

Pokémon Centre: A place where you may heal your Pokémon and sleep all for free!

Pokémon Mart: You may buy items here: Potions, Poké Balls, Antidotes, Awakenings, and Paralyze Heals.

Gym: The Gym is open, the junior trainers are there, but the Gym Leader isn't! She's not doing her job.

TR HQ: Team Rocket members only! Though, the trainers are more than welcome to have a look at the building's exterior.

Training Hall – Fancy a battle? Head here to battle other beginning trainers.

Viridian's Pokémon Trainers' Academy – Fancy a trip back to school...?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    (OOC: Kinda short, just wanted to get off of the Route.)

Route 1-Part 2

The Pokéball Jay threw at Yanma came to an abrupt stop followed by a low "Bing" sound. Jay looked and Mandark and raised his arms in triumph, "Caught my first Pokémon, even if I did waste a perfectly good Pokéball. All thanks to you Mandark."

Gastly floated and stared at Jay with a blank expression, "Gastly?"

Jay looked at Gastly then went to pick up the Pokéball he used on Yanma, "Alright Yanma, come on out."

Yanma's Pokéball opened up and it appeared on the ground, asleep and with a large bubble coming out of its nose, "Wow, I already forgot we used Hypnosis. *Sigh* Return Yanma."

Jay held out Yanma's Pokéball and a thin red beam shot out at Yanma, transforming it into a small ball of red energy. Jay took out his Dark Green Pokédex from his pocket and examined the info on his Yanma, "So Yanma is a female. Speedboost. Known attacks are Tackle, Foresight, and Signal Beam. Signal Beam? Weird, kinda like you knowing Shadow Ball, huh Mandark? Hehe. Foresight must have been the move that allowed Yanma to hit you with Tackle. I read about that move back in school. Mandark, our journey has just begun, let's go to Viridian City."

Mandark looked at Jay and gave what appeared to be a nod, "Gast."

Jay pulled out Mandark's Pokéball and held it facing towards Mandark, "Return Mandark."

The red beam of light shot from the Pokéball and Gastly transformed into the red ball of energy and entered the ball. Jay put the Mandark's Pokéball into the same pocket Yanma's Pokéball is being stored in. Jay then pulled out his Pokédex again and started to look over some of the Pokémon entries that are stored on it. While Jay continued to scan through the entries which consisted only of Gastly, Zigzagoon, and Yanma; he slipped his ear buds into his ear and started to listen to music. As Jay continued up the dirt trek of Route 1, the Sun began to lower in the sky and the weather grew slightly colder, "Hmm, starting to get a little late. I gotta hurry to Viridian."

As Jay continues down the dirt path a Starly landed directly in front of him with crossed eyebrows, with its eyes staring intensely at Jay, "Whoa. Hey little guy, I gotta go to Viridian so I'll just be going around you."

As Jay tried to walk around the Starly, it flew into his path again, still staring at Jay. Jay looked at the Starly and nodded, "So you're challenging me? I see. I can't even touch you with Mandark, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to use Yanma. Come on out Yanma."

Jay pulled out Yanma's Pokéball from his pocket and Yanma emerged from the Pokéball. Yanma was still asleep and the Starly wasn't amused one bit. The Starly flew up into the air and Tackled the Yanma with its head, but Yanma remained asleep.

"Yanma! Wake up!"

Jay's call mean nothing as Yanma didn't awaken from her slumber, but that didn't stop Starly from attacking the sleeping Pokémon. Jay knew with each attack Yanma was losing more and more HP, but he couldn't do anything, "It's all because I used Hypnosis. Sorry Yanma."

Starly Tackled Yanma again and again. Sometimes after a Tackle attack from the Starly, Yanma's body glowed a light green. Starly tackled Yanma one more time and this time she awoke from her slumber. Yanma tilted her head in a confused manner, "Ma?"

Jay looked at Yanma and clenched his fist, "Alright now that you're awake Yanma, use Tackle on the Starly."

Yanma heeded to Jay's command and zoomed off flying towards the Starly. Yanma hit the Starly easily, flew back towards Jay, and started to hover right by him. Yanma started to give off a slight green glow again before it faded away, "What is that?"

Jay pulled out his Pokédex and looked at Yanma's entry, "Must be Speed Boost, that would explain why she's so fast."

The Starly flew towards Yanma and Tackled her once again. After the attack it appeared that Yanma is having difficulty flying, "Yan......Ma."

Jay looked at Yanma with a sad expression, "I know. It's my fault for battling you earlier and using Hypnosis. If I had an Awakening, you wouldn't be in this state. Return Yanma!"

Jay held out Yanma's Pokéball, where she once again turned into the small, red ball of energy. Jay slipped Yanma's Pokéball into his pocket and began to sprint towards Viridian City, 'I'm sorry Yanma. It's my fault you were injured to this extent. I'll get you healed up once I get there.'

The Starly watched at Jay ran towards the city and appeared indifferent to the situation, it's not like it wanted to fight a weakened opponent in the first place. Jay continued to sprint until a good distance from the location his battle with the Warrior-Starly took place, and he started to walk. After a few more yards/meters, Jay saw some lights and buildings, "Viridian."

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • "Ah, finally! We're here!" Clare said as she walked into Varidian City, Chase hanging on her shoulder. With a quick shake of her shoulders, the Meowth dropped to the ground and looked up at his trainer tilting his head at her. The girl just sighed at him before walking over to the map of the town.

"Well, first of all, I think we should find a Pokemon Center and heal you and Shinobi up," Clare muttered to herself, "then I should go to the Pokemart and actually get some supplies. Then, I should train both you and Shinobi at the Training Hall. Then maybe I should rest a bit and try out the Gym. Then..."

"Meowth!" Chase called out, butting his head against his trainer's leg.

"Alright, alright, first things first," Clare muttered and walked over to where the Pokemon Center would be. Soon enough, she saw the red roofed building and walked into it. She walked into it and stood in front of the main counter, looking at the Nurse Joy who was typing something on a computer. "Um, excuss me? I need my Pokemon healed."

"Huh?" Nurse Joy said, then looked up at the girl from her computer. "Oh yeah, just set them on the tray."

"Right..." Clare said, then took out Chase's Pokeball. "Come on big guy, time for you to heal up." The cat was then returned to his ball and the girl put both of her full Pokeballs onto the tray.

The Nurse then got up and took the tray, placing it on a machine. The Machine flashed a few times and there was a 'bing' to it before it stopped. The nurse then took the tray and handed it back to the girl. "Alright, here ya go. Just pick them up and get going," she said."

"Right, thanks," Clare said with a sigh, then picked her Pokeballs up and walked out of the Pokemon Center. Once outside, she sighed to herself. "Man, what the heck is this world coming too?"

"A very good question," a female voice said behind Clare, "one that is deeper and more important then you think."

Clare spun on her heels to see just who was taking to her and her jaw just dropped. There, before her, was possibly the most beautiful woman the girl had ever seen in her life. She was pale with very long, flowing purple hair flared out behind her. She had one a tight fitting long, blue skirt with some white daimonds on it that fit her slim body perfectly. A long sleeved, tank top jacket that was the same color and pattern as her skirt with a white tank top underneath and blue slippers on her feet. She also had a kind of head band with with a large, light blue hallow daimond on the top. Not even her red eyes could take away any beauty from her serene face.

The woman smiled kindly at Clare's stunned face. "Just think about it, I'm sure you'll know what I mean soon enough," she said and then walked away, leaving Clare to stare after her.

She continued to stare after the woman for a while before shaking her head and continued walking towards the Pokemart. "Man...who was that woman? What the heck did she mean..."

The girl brushed the thought out of her mind when she reached the blue roofed building. She quickly walked in and looked around her. She picked up five Potions, six Pokeballs and three Antidotes. The trainer walked over to the counter and, saying only a few works, paid for her supplies before walking out. She stood outside of the mart for a little bit before sighing to herself.

"What did she mean?" Clare muttered to herself. She always considered herself smart and didn't like being stumbed. However, no matter how much she thought about what the beautiful woman said, she just wouldn't make any sense of it.

Finally, with a defeated sigh, she walked walked over to the Training hall, ready to just think about battling instead of riddles.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Route 1 First Post

Raydin smiled at Ignus' pokeball, he had a feeling that today was going to be the beginning of…of….well it was certainly going to be the beginning of something. He saw the beginning of route 1 up ahead and he said, "Ignus, come on out!"

The small puppy appeared in a flash of red light and let out a playful "groowwwl." Raydin smiled at it. "So Ignus, we're about to come upon route one and there are supposed to be a LOT of wild pokemon. So I'm going to need to know what moves you know. Stand still a moment will you?" Raydin moved the pokedex over Ignus. The scanner lit up and shined a crisscross light all over its body and beeped. "Moves known are bite, roar, and water gun."

Raydin faltered. "What the- Water gun? But how?" for a moment Raydin paused. "Do it. Ignus, use water gun."

The childish look that was on the small dog's face a moment ago was now gone. Its eyes narrowed and it bared its teeth. Slowly Ignus opened his mouth, revealing a ball of water that was growing steadily larger. When the ball was as big as it could get, Ignus released the pent up energy and aimed it at a nearby tree.

Raydin blinked several times, amazed at what had just happened. "So…you obviously are not what you appear to be."

Ignus just 'grinned' at him, with his tongue hanging out past his teeth once again.

Raydin rubbed his temples with his fingers and then he resumed the attitude he had before. "Anyway…on to route 2!" Raydin started off, his first few steps shaky, but they steadily began getting stronger as his morale rose. He kept saying to himself, "Wow…I finally…I'm really…I…I AM A TRAINER!" His final outburst startled Ignus, as well as a zigzagoon that jumped out of a nearby bush with a loud "ZIG ZIGZAAAG!"

Raydin shifted his eyes to the Zigzagoon. "Okay Ignus, this will be our first target. Use Water Gun!"

The Puppy's eyes flashed, as it began preparing the water gun. It narrowed its eyes menacingly and allowed the ball of water in its mouth to grow larger than it had grown before, until it began covering all of the small dog's teeth.

The Zigzagoon started quivering, and it began to whimper. Raydin looked at it sadly. "Ignus, it won't make a very good addition to our team, its weak and fearful. Obviously it wouldn't even be able to fight a gym leader, let alone a league member. Let the water gun knock it back into its hiding place, but don't damage it." Raydin watched as the ball in Ignus's mouth diminish in size and then launch at the tiny raccoon. It was blasted back into the bush with a loud "GOOOON!" Raydin shook his head and sighed. "Come on Ignus. Let's find ourselves another quarry.

Raydin yawned silently as they continued walking. They had seen many pokemon; Starly, Sandshrew, tons of zigzagoon, and he even thought he saw a glimpse of an Absol! But Raydin shook his head at all of them. They just didn't feel right. They weren't his. Raydin had almost decided to give up when he saw it. Its body was gold in color, with its face solid brown. It had brown 'Boots' going up to its ankles on all four paws except its back left paw, which went all the way up to its thigh. It was scavenging from the carcass of a dead starly. It had blood all over its paws and its face, with dried blood covering its fluffy tail in small patches. Its left ear was torn, and it seemed full of energy, even though it was obviously weak. Its fur was thin and its skin was tight, revealing its ribs. It had shifty eyes that were the exact color of the blood that now dripped from its jaw. Raydin's pokedex went off. "Poochyena. The Bite pokemon. They are normally weak alone, so they tend to travel in Packs. This allows them to take on enemies that are many times their size." Raydin grabbed a spare pokeball and held it between his fingers He set his voice to a volume that was barely above a whisper. "You will be mine….IGNUS, USE BITE!"

Raydin smiled as he watched Ignus attack. Sure, he could use water gun and be over with it, but he wanted a challenge. He didn't want to use some genetic defect to win this battle. He watched as Ignus ran towards the other canine with his teeth open. He watched as the Poochyena turned around on its approaching attacker two seconds too late. Ignus sank his teeth into the front of Poocyena's right leg. The Poochyena snarled and said to its attacker <I shall destroy you! You are a fool to attempt an attack on a Poochyena. I am one of the great Poochrenas. We are one of the greatest Poochyena families in history! I-> Ignus snarled and cut him off while he was still holding the hyena's leg. <Oh really? Because If you're so great, then why have you been reduced to this? You're scavenging for food and you're obviously very weak, as I can see from your exposed ribcage. As if you could ever be powerful enough to be great.> Ignus tightened the grip on the other dog's leg and awaited another order from Raydin, Who delivered promptly. "Ignus, release it and line it up with a tree before using roar."

The puppy released the other dog and leapt back, slowly walking around it. Poochyena howled, and it appeared to get tougher, its thin muscles flexing, puffing its fur up, flicking its tail around nervously, and counter-circling Ignus. <Now that my attack has been raised I shall kill you personally, and after you're dead, I shall tear your trainer to pieces. I shall drag your bodies back to my family's domain and we shall have a feast, then we will thrive, and we will show you how we are greats. GRAAARGH!"> With its last yell, the poochyena released a powerful tackle which knocked Ignus to the ground. The Poochyena stood on Ignus' chest and bared his teeth. <Check, Mate.> Ignus smiled at the Poochyena before saying through his teeth, <Bad move. Tree.> The Poochyena cocked its head. <Huh? What's that supposed to me-ARRRRRRKK!> Ignus released a powerful roar which blasted the Poochyena up into the branches as he said, <What goes up….> The Poochyena then fell to the ground, collapsing on impact.

Raydin stepped forward, expecting it to be over, but it wasn't. The Poochyena stood up, only to turn tail and flee. "Ignus, use water gun, before it gets away!" The Puppy nodded, before it took up a battle stance. It placed its front right paw forwards, and its back left paw backwards. It narrowed its eyes before opening its mouth. The ball of water began charging up, becoming larger and larger while the poochyena became smaller and smaller in the distance. The growlithe released his water gun, sending it shooting after the small golden smudge in the distance. Raydin grinned when he heard a somewhat quiet yelp rather far in the distance. Raydin ran in that direction, following after the already running Ignus.

When the two reached the pokemon, they were amazed. Not only was it still standing, but it had used several howls, and it now looked much, much stronger. The water gun had cleaned its fur and its wounds and the only visible blood was on its still fresh bite and torn ear. Raydin took a step back before he gave out the next order. "Ignus, be wary and use bite. Aim for its tail."

The two pokemon began circling each other, delivering assorted taunts while they tried to goad the other into attacking. Ignus stopped circling and he stared at Poochyena. <Go ahead, you get first strike. Unless of course, you're scared?> Ignus grinned, sure that this would work. Poochyena howled again and he narrowed his eyes. <Very well, it's your funeral however. IT'S TIME TO DIE!> The Poochyena ran at Ignus and continued to gain speed until it was 3 feet away. The Poochyena leaped, and it felt as if everything slowed down. Ignus braced himself as the Poochyena hit him, and knocked him 3 feet back. Ignus reacted quickly, grabbing the golden dog's tail. He quickly snapped his head to the left and released his fluffy mouthful. The Poochyena only obtained about a foot of air, and it had only traveled three feet in the direction it was thrown until it hit a tree. The small dog fell to the ground and struggled to get up, panting as it did so. Raydin threw his pokeball at the golden furred dark type during this time. The ball hit its back, and it fell to the ground before it was enveloped in the red light.

Raydin smiled at Ignus. "If I catch him, I'll name him scourge." Raydin watched the ball wiggle.

1…2…3…

Last edited:

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
  • Oooh, can I have Sandshrew plleeaaassee?? I know I'm a little late signing up, but here's my form:

Name: Liana Kokiri

Appearance: Liana is of average height and build. Her brown hair is long and tumbles down her shoulders, and her eyes are piercingly green and almond-shaped. Her skin carries a sun-kissed tan, and her eyelashes are long. She usually doesn't wear makeup, but when she does, she accents her eyes with eyeliner and they look as though they are about to pop.

Liana loves all different types of clothes, and wears whatever she feels like at the time. Usually this consists of a miniskirt over leggings or even pants, a somewhat stylish top, and a jacket---ALWAYS a jacket. She has a collection of interesting hats.

Personality: Liana is usually rather intense and dramatic; she has quite a temper and small anger issues, but she usually tries to repress this. Otherwise, she is quite friendly. She is quick to smile and laugh, and she shows affection by mercilessly poking fun. She is very fluent in the language of sarcasm, and sometimes people misunderstand her jokes. This gets her in trouble.

Liana is quite an emotional inividual. She is the type of person who cries at movies, and if something touches her, at least one tear will leak out. She grows attached to things very quickly and loves fiercely.

History: Liana was raised by her mother, Evelyn, in Cerulean City. Even though she has lived in the city for so long, she much prefers the country. At the age of six, she saw a commercial for the Pokemon Leauge and that was it---she was going to be a Trainer.

As for Liana's childhood, it wasn't rougher than most; her mother worked as a receptionist and volunteered at the Pokemon Center, and they didn't need a lot of money since it was just the two of them. Evelyn never mentioned Liana's father, and Liana seldom wondered about him. Why would she wish for him when she had all she needed?

Liana wanted to set out on her Pokemon Journey at 10, the traditional age, but she fell sick with a strange disease that no doctors could figure out. She was sent to many hospitals---one in Saffron, one in Celadon, even one in Goldenrod in Johto---but no one could understand it. She was extremely weak, so for six years she stayed at home, mourning her fate and wishing for a Pokemon.

Finally, Evelyn caught wind of a healer living in seclusion in Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet. She saved up as much money as she could, but could only afford enough to send Liana by herself. She sent for a Pokemon from Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and amazed by the girl's story, he required no charge.

Excited, Liana went to Sinnoh with her first Pokemon in tow. The healer had been expecting her. He lived with his only Pokemon---a very old-looking Alakazam---and they had foreseen her coming. The man mysteriously healed her illness and sent Liana home.

Evelyn insisted that Liana stay with her for another year, but promised that on her seventeenth birthday she could leave.

Starter: Sandshrew, please!! (Nicknamed Aleigha!)

Sample: Since I haven't played through any rps, I'll just do a sample of what I would do---this is the story of Liana meeting the healer.

Spoiler:

...please?

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Chapter 5: Nicknames, odd folks, and the return to Viridian.
    Mike woke up rather slowly, like a frozen car engine. He was awake but his eyes weren't open and he barely registered where he was. As his brain went through the daily process of kick starting Mike's body, Mike was thinking how he hadn't had such a nice sleep in a LONG while. He could never stay in a Pokémon Center before because he never had any Pokémon, so Mike usually camped out in a tent.

Mike finally managed to drag himself out of bed and somehow managed to get dressed. He quietly snuck out of the room, careful so as to not wake Aaron. Budew tiredly followed Mike out. When he walked out of the Pokémon Center, Mike breathed in the rising sun air. However he started to cough uncontrollably. He looked towards the sky and was once again reminded that Viridian City had changed a lot in two years. A light-smog blanketed the city. Mike looked at the side of the Pokémon center and saw signs of washed off graffiti.

Mike sighed and muttered "What is this world coming to?"

"That's a good question!" A perky voice shouted from behind Mike.

"BLAH!" Mike shouted, surprised as he turned around.

The speaker was a young girl perhaps around Mike's age if a little shorter. She was wearing a red dress that came just above her knees. Where the dress ended four wing looking things extended, each having three prongs on them. The dress had a blue triangle on it and she was wearing a red headband that kept her white hair out of her triangular shaped face. However her eyes are what you looked at. They were wide with an open, trusting look to them. They were also orange. 'Normal humans don't have those kind of eyes…' Mike thought. However, he couldn't think it was that strange as he though she was very beautiful.

She crooked her head and looked at him. "You look kind of stupid with your mouth hanging open like that!" she pointed out. Mike hastily closed his open mouth, while the girl laughed.

"Little sister that's not very nice." A voice said. The speaker came up from behind the girl. In many ways he was similar to the girl. He had the triangular shaped face and the weird colored eyes (His were red). However that's where the similarities ended. He was taller and more muscular than Mike and had a look of distrust about him. He was wearing a dark blue jeans and a sea blue shirt which ended in tatters. His eyes were squintier than his sisters and instead of a red triangle on his shirt, he had a blue one. His ash gray hair was kept at bay by a blue headband. He looked Mike up and down. "Are you sure he's the one?" he asked disdainfully.

"Yep!" his sister said. She smiled a beautiful smile at Mike, who blushed furiously.

"If you say so…" The brother said unsure. He breathed in deep, like he was about to go swimming, and said to Mike "Now about your question. Its more deeper and important than you think."

Mike looked back at him, confused as to where this guy was going. "Oh man…" The brother said exasperated. "Look just think about it all right? We'll be in touch!" On that note he began to walk away.

"Bye Mike!" the girl said, sounding like she meant it. The two began to walk away, but before Mike could catch up with them to ask who they were and what the meant, a huge wind blasted in his face. Throwing on his goggles and saw they had disappeared. Oddly though two faintly glowing streaks of light were streaking away. Mike couldn't make them out but they appeared to be red and blue…

"Weird." Mike said to Budew. Budew nodded in agreement. The duo began to walk again. "So all the trainers in our group have given nicknames to their Pokémon; I was thinking we should do that!" Budew looked at Mike worried. Mike wasn't exactly the creative type.

"So Budew, you'll be Rosado and Shinx can be Sophie." At those names Budew looked at Mike oddly. "What? Sophie was the name of my cat, which Shinx kind of looks like! And Rosado is Spanish for Pink!" Budew just stared. "Ok that one doesn't really make sense, you look like a flower and never mind…From now on you will be Rosado and Shinx will be Sophie!" Mike said this determined. Budew just stared at him as Mike walked off.

Years
  • Charzeon - Excellent post. But might I suggest to edit it, as the Gym Leader is the identical twin sister of Karen.

pikakip - The length of your post is superb, mate.

Raydin captured a level 4 male Poochyena.

nokyo-chan - Why would I deny a friend of a friend? You're accepted, but the only one left is the Buizel.

Zimvee - I take it the girl and boy were Latias/Latios? You portrayed them perfectly.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    The sun was just starting to perk up when Amaya awoke. She sat up straight, nearly banging her head on the headboard. Wincing at the slight pain in her neck, she giggled softly. Never thought I was actually tall enough for that. Amaya thought. Slipping down, she quietly tiptoed into the bathroom to change, so not as to disturb Josephine. Amaya quickly cleaned up and changed clothing. Exiting again, she picked up her Pokeballs and backpack, leaving the room.

I should probably call my brother, she thought absentmindedly. The teen moved toward the entrance. Nurse Joy glanced up with surprise to see someone up so early. Waving politely, she headed toward where the phones were set up against the wall. Amaya sat down and picked up the receiver. Quickly dialing, she placed it to her ear. Nurse Joy was skeptical. Who would pick up the phone at this hour? Surprisingly enough, a familiar pale face popped up on screen. The black eyes brightened and Tael smiled warmly.

"Sister Amaya!" he greeted cheerily. "I didn't expect you to call so soon. Did something happen?"

"No Brother Tael," she replied solemnly. "I was just worried about you two that's all. Mistress Lien..." Tael grinned.

"Mistress is fine. She's going about her duties as always. Though she's getting more visitors now. Wonder why?" The last inquiry was heavily laced with sarcasm.

Amaya sighed, "It's not like I can control it brother," she reminded him mildly.

"Didn't say it was. Just pointing out the bigotry of stupid people." She chuckled.

"Well aren't you nice?" she pointed out. He laughed before staring at her solemnly. She blinked. "What is it?"

"You seem... different."

Amaya smiled sadly. "I just saw something I shouldn't have again. I'll get over it."

Tael gave his sister his customary beaming pose. "Ya usually do." He looked off to his right. "Oh great the food's done. I'm gonna go. Mistress is sending you someone. Be on the lookout."

"Alright I will. Thanks Brother Tael. Goodbye." She clicked off the phone and replaced it in the receiver. Stretching, Amaya stood and left the Pokemon Center.

"Ooh the forest is so pretty with the sunrise... I wanna draw it!"

Amaya was bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. Hao, who had released herself from the Pokeball some time ago, was watching her trainer with confusion. The teen was currently staring at Viridian Forest with a mix of fascination and excitement. She quickly sat down against a tree and pulled out her drawing materials. Suddenly her pocket twitched and Amaya pulled out a plain Pokeball.

"That's right," she muttered. "I need to name you. But first... pardon my intrusion." Her fingers itched madly under the skin as she lightly began to probe. Falling into the trance, she relaxed.

"I see... it was a rite that the blood came from. You were fighting for a place in the pack. You won... however, your clan felt a chill and fled their home. Everyone was separated." Snapping out of it, she released her new Pokemon. The Absol, freed and healed, looked all around in confusion.

Amaya watched him, observing the graceful way he moved. "Yuurei..." He turned. "That's your name. Yuurei. Sound good?" Oddly, the Absol nodded. She smiled. "Okay, now that that's settled... time to draw!"

Just then, what seemed to be a twelve year old boy came from the glade. He had a fair complexion and short light green hair. His expression was perfectly serene, even in his jade eyes. He wore a plain forest green tunic against darker plain pants. He was surprisingly barefoot.

The boy beamed at her. "Hi! You're name's Amaya right?" She nodded confusingly. The boy bounced eagerly. "Yay~ I've been looking for you!"

"Um, who are you?" she asked in wonder.

He waved her off. "Don't need to worry about it now.I just came out to find you. Oh by the way, your friend's coming soon. See you later!" With that, he went back into the forest.

Amaya blinked. "What a strange boy." She went back to her drawing.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Name: Christopher Alexander Evans

Appearance: Chris has fairly long(for a guy) messy black hair, and sometimes he puts a cap over it. His skin is fairly tan, from being in the sun. He wears a slightly tan hoodie that used to be a couple sizes too big for him, but not anymore. His pants are long and black with some tears in them, but no matter what he wears, you will always see a chain hanging out. Chris also has a fake pair of glasses on. (Given to him by his dead brother.) He has worry lines and the skin around his eyes is black... his glasses have a crack in them, and his bag is dark blue, with the pokeball symbol on it.

Personality: Chris is a somewhat- lighthearted young man, who is weary of a lot of people, since some turn out to be enemies... but other then that, he is a somewhat brave individual who hates organizations that abuse pokemon... He likes pokemon as well, always quite happy to have one with him.

Chris hates electricians, because of an embarrassing event that happened a bit ago, causing him to get hurt... badly. He hates Manaphy, for reasons unknown, and hates Tacos, for they give him heartburn. He likes his fake glasses, his brother's journal which helped him out a lot in his journey, and his pokemon.

History: Christopher was born in Pallet Town on February 23rd, 1993. But there were complications with his birth. It turns out that Chris was born with a fatal blood infection. So Chris had to stay at the hospital for nine days, until a blood transfusion was performed, after that, his parents were finally able to take him home.

When Christopher turned five, he gained a fierce rivalry with his nine year old brother Fredrick. But obviously Chris couldn't beat him because he was too young. When Chris turned seven, the brothers rivalry grew because Fred went out and became a successful trainer, having caught at least 100 pokemon in only 1 month, so Chris decided go on a pokemon journey when he was the right age.

Two years later, when Fredrick came home, he decided to take Chris to the Orange Islands with him, after hearing about that, Chris was ecstatic, he always wanted to see Fred in action. But two days before the brothers were to go to the Orange Islands, a squad of Team Rocket grunts attacked and killed Fredrick, and his final words were." You won't get away with this, when I fall another, and stronger person will rise and take you down."

After hearing of his brothers death, Christopher started getting mad at every little thing, it got so bad that he had to be pulled out of school for a few weeks. Eventually Chris's temper subsided when he found his brothers journal, explaining everything about his journey, even the events that happened with Team Rocket, and ever since that day, he wanted to take out Team Rocket to avenge his dead brother. However, the Johto Destroyers entering the picture made him shift focus.

Starter: Trapinch

Sample: From GhostPrincess' Goddess of Happiness RP.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Zeta, you are accepted. I hope you enjoy the RP.

Edit:

Starters:

Shinx clone (Taken by Kyuu-chan)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/th_Shinx.png

Level: 5
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Tackle, Leer, Thunder Fang

Growlithe clone (Taken by pikakip)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2..._Growlithe.png

Type: Fire/Water
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Bite, Roar, Water Gun

Budew clone (Taken by Zimvee)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/th_Budew.png

Type: Grass
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves: Absorb, Growth, Sleep Powder

Hoothoot (Taken by Sgt Shock)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...h_Hoothoot.png

Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Tackle, Foresight, Wing Attack

Buizel (Taken by )

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../th_Buizel.png

Type: Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Sonicboom, Quick Attack, Slash

Dratini (Taken by winterfell)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...th_Dratini.png

Type: Dragon
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moves: Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave

Scyther (Taken by PikaPikachu)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...th_Scyther.png

Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Swarm
    Moves: Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Focus Energy

Meowth (Taken by Charzeon)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../th_Meowth.png

Type: Normal
    Ability: Pickup
    Moves: Scratch, Growl

Nidoran male (Taken by Shiny Mightyena)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...idoranmale.png

Type: Poison
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Leer, Peck

Sandshrew (Taken by nokyo-chan)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2..._Sandshrew.png

Type: Ground
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moves: Metal Claw, Defence Curl, Scratch

Abra (Taken by jcogginsa)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ne/th_Abra.png

Type: Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Teleport, Ice Punch

Gastly (Taken by koguryo)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../th_Gastly.png

Type: Ghost/Poison
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Shadow Ball

Specially requested wildcard Squirtle (Taken by Faeldrake)
    Type: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Shadow Claw

Proddit's former Trapinch (Taken by Zeta Dimentio)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...Spr_4d_328.png

Type: Ground
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Moves: Bite, Mud Shot

List of Pokémon:

Spot 1 is taken by Kyuu-chan with Shinx.
    Spot 2 is taken by pikakip with Growlithe.
    Spot 3 is taken by Zimvee with Budew.
    Spot 4 is taken by Sgt Shock with Hoothoot.
    Spot 5 is taken by Faeldrake with specially requested wildcard Squirtle.
    Spot 6 is taken by winterfell with Dratini.
    Spot 7 is taken by PikaPikachu with Scyther.
    Spot 8 is taken by Charzeon with Meowth.
    Spot 9 is taken by nokyo-chan with Sandshrew.
    Spot 10 is taken by Zeta Dimentio with Proddit's former Trapinch.
    Spot 11 is taken by jcogginsa with Abra.
    Spot 12 is taken by koguryo with Gastly.
    Spot 13 is taken by .
    Spot 14 is reserved by Shiny Mightyena with Nidoran male.

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Chapter 6: School House Rock
    As Mike and Rosado continued to walk along they heard a school bell ring off in the distance. Running past Mike were small children in uniforms headed in the direction of the bell. "Hey! Wait for me!" A young boy said. "Oof!" he cried as he tripped and hit the pavement. His books spilled out of his pack and all over the pavement. "Oh, they always do this!" the boy sniffled. "They always leave me behind and I end up late!" He was seriously close to tears as he began to pick up his books. Suddenly a shadow covered him. Looking up he saw Mike holding the rest of his books.

"Thanks for your help mister!" the boy said as the two walked along.
    "No problem and call me Mike." Mike chuckled.

"And you can call me Nathan!"

"So where are you going?" Mike asked.

"I'm going to the trainer school, but I'm running late now so I'm going to get yelled at…" Nathan said downcast.

"Hmm…" Mike muttered. "I think I can help." Soon the two reached the school. It had an old timey pioneer look to it with one white door letting people in. However when you entered it was much bigger than it appeared looking more like an actual school. Nathan guided Mike through the maze of hallways and rooms finally coming to his room, room number 158.

Nathan opened the door reveling a room full of 8-9 year old boys and girls. The teacher was an attractive young woman in her mid 20's. In the back were a group of whispering boys who giggled when Nathan walked in, which Mike was quick to notice. "Hi Ms. Slater…" Nathan said embarrassed.

"Nathan, late again? You do realize we'll have to have a parent-teacher conference?" Ms. Slater said.

"Yeah but…!" Nathan began but Mike quieted him. "It's my fault Ms. Slater." Mike said.

"And who are you?"

"My name is Mike Stand and I'm just a passing trainer. I accidently ran into Nathan here which is why he's late." Mike said putting on his best "innocent" face.

"Well…I suppose I'll let it slide this one time." Ms. Olson said with a small smile. Mike and Nathan said thank-you while giving each other hi-fives behind their backs.

"Well I suppose this is where we part ways…" Mike began. "Do you have to?" Nathan interrupted, whining. Suddenly, like a light bulb being flicked on, an idea struck him. "Ms. Olson? Since we're heading over to the Training Hall today for mock battles, can't Mike come with us since he's an experienced trainer?"

Mike's face reddened at those words. "I'm not that great of a trainer…" he stammered.

"Sure, I don't see why not?" Ms. Olson ignoring him. "Yay!" the children cried. They had never had an actual trainer witness their battles! "Ok class! Everyone line up straight and we'll start on over!" Ms. Olson said.

As the class made their way out of the school and towards the Training Hall, Ms. Olson asked Mike how long he had been a trainer. "Well I've traveled with a group of trainers for about two years and after awhile I decided to get my own Pokémon."

"Are you SURE that's the reason you've become a trainer?" Ms. Olson asked skeptically.

"Well there's more but we won't go into it here." Mike teased. Her retort was cut short as they had made it to the training hall. The children excitedly made their way up the steps into a giant arena similar to a Gym.

"I believe its Nathan's and Jack's turn to battle today." Ms. Olson said reading off her clipboard. Nathan and a spiky orange haired boy took the stage, each holding a Pokeball.

"Are sure a Level 5 Rattata can beat a Level 15 Machop?" Nathan asked uncertain.

"Of course! Normal-Types have an advantage over Fighting-Types." Jack snickered.

Mike scowled and then jumped into the arena. "Mr. Stand!" Ms. Olson cried in surprise. Mike walked up to Jack and, grabbing him by his collar, lifted him into the air while everyone around cried in alarm.

"Now listen here kid, and listen well. You were flat out lying to Nathan about that. If I ever see you do that again I will show you how a real trainer battles." Mike said angrily. Jack nodded furiously. "Good. Now that's outa the way, I will be battling Nathan today. Go Sophie!" Mike cried releasing the Shinx, who stretched out of her nap.

"But…Mike…" Nathan stammered.

"Don't worry! I just caught her so it should be pretty even." Mike said smiling.

"Ok…Go Rattata!" Nathan said as he released a purple mouse looking Pokémon. Ms. Olson just sighed, noting she had clearly lost control.

Mike pointed Jack (the Pokedex mind you!) at Rattata. Jack then said, "Rattata, the Mouse Pokémon. Cautious in the extreme, its hardy vitality lets it live in any kind of environment."

"Ok then, Sophie let's start with a Tackle!" Mike said. Sophie gave him a look and then started to run at Rattata.

"Rattata, use Quick Attack!" Nathan cried. The Mouse Pokémon dodged at blinding speed at rammed into the Flash Pokémon sending her rolling across the floor. She got up glaring. "All right use another Quick Attack!" Once again Rattata charged at Sophie.

"Sophie use Leer!" Mike said. Sophie's eyes narrowed stopping Rattata stopped in its tracks, terrified. "Now go with Tackle!" Mike cried. Sophie charged directly at Rattata speedily ramming the purple mouse into the wall. She grabbed the mouse, like a lion would grab a zebra, and threw it across the floor. Sophie than pounced, catlike, on Rattata knocking the poor thing unconscious. She raised a claw going in for the kill, when suddenly Rosado grabbed it with his vines. His anger was apparent. "Return." Mike said quietly. Sophie disappeared in a flash of red light, with the blood-thirsty light still in her eyes. The arena was silent. Nathan was over by Rattata making sure it was okay.

"Get him to the Pokémon Center." Ms. Olson said grimily. She glared at Mike as she comforted the sniffling children. "Look…" Mike began. "Perhaps you better go." She cut him off. With one last sorry look at her, Mike and Rosado left the arena and after grabbing his stuff from the Pokémon Center, he waited at the exit from the city for the rest of his group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back