• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Entry VI: Tenebra

Viridian City- Post Two and Three

"Walking in darkness with nowhere to go, the seeker of knowledge trends the path unknown to the world. Treading the moonless path, the scholar watches closely for afar. An undisturbed history is the best unless you want to create history yourself. Then you must walk through the darkness into the ribbons of light. Are you going to be the watcher or the creator of history? The answer varies from person to person. –Simon McCoy, Wisdom II"

Plains of Crepusculum—Inside the Book of Crepusculum

"Looks like you haven't gone to sleep, Ark…"

"What did father want exactly?"

"He just came to warn me of the impending darkness. Did you find anything?"

"Aside from the suspicious grunts, nothing major, so we shouldn't risk our lives battling."

Isaiah was actually quite satisfied with Ark's report on the situation. If he didn't have to fight, he wasn't about to. It would risk his everything that he had collected—including his own life. He pleasantly nodded his head before allowing Ark to continue her way up through the main hallway of Crepusculum Castle. She positioned herself at the pew before Isaiah.

Within the binders of the book was a world that only Isaiah could enter besides another Wisdom of course. The plains of Crepusculum housed everything that was bound to those pages. The world itself was vast enough to be considered nothing less than a world of its own. It had buildings upon building in the main which spiraled around the main square. Though many of these building were inhabited—they were the houses of previous owner's pokemon—they held many of the artifacts that Isaiah had found. It was indeed quite the phenomenon under an orange-crimson sky.

The light from the always setting sun shone through the stained glass windows of the cathedral. It was the main hall for the Isaiah and his pokemon to meet. It was hardly furnished aside from the pews and the main throne in where Isaiah would watch over the meeting. Of course, it wasn't much of a meeting compared to his ancestors, but he was proud of the four people in attendance. Not pokemon, people was in attendance. The world would allow the pokemon to assume a humanized form upon capture to assure better speech. So what would be a normal Hoothoot to anyone else, Isaiah would see as a beautiful woman before him.

"How are you enjoying Crepusculum, Sir Revelation?" Isaiah flashed to the middle aged man before him.

"Not exactly what I expected when I was captured by a trainer," the man's red eyes studied Isaiah closely as he sipped his water.

"You'll get used to it after a while," Ark said darting a glare from the corner of her blue eyes. She pushed the bangs of her light brown hair from her face before taking a sip of water herself.

"It kind of me off guard too at first, you'll get used to Isaiah little world though. "

"You call this little…"

Revelation glared towards King, normally a Seedot in the normal world. The small child-like like body was curled tightly within a ball on the pews as he gave a smile off. He was indeed the youngest of all of Isaiah's pokemon yet he was one of the most loyal to. The dark skinned boy placed his feet on the floor before continuing on to the reassurance to eliminate Revelation's doubts. He closed his eyes as he wrapped the tan blanket closer to his body.

"I can tell you this, Revelation. Isaiah isn't a bad fellow. Scary…" King thought about it for a while before continuing. "But definitely not a bad person," he nodded his head.

"I'll take your word for it."

Revelation ran his fingers through his short white hair as he came slightly to terms with being human in this world. He wasn't used to standing on the two these thick legs or grabbing things with these large hands. All of it was foreign. He was more than confused. Ark walked behind Revelation's pew to give him an embrace around the next. She lowered her head allowing her fair faces skin to rub against the stuffy beard of the humanized Absol. She smiled.

"You'll get use to it. Trust me on that," Ark rubbed Revelation's back.

"If you want some time to get used to it all, I won't use you in battle," Isaiah mentioned.

"Nah, battling is what keeps me going. I guess I'll get better opponent to kill."

"Good!" Isaiah spoke almost in "that's a great idea" tone.

Ark released her embrace around Revelation's neck before taking her seat beside him. She took quite a lot of pleasure meeting the newest members, a scary serial killer happened to be no different. Her boldness even cracked the malice expression on Revelation's pale face from time to time. Isaiah laughed.

"Where's Judge?" King looked around for his buddy.

"He's sleeping in the back pew," Isaiah pointed. "Wake him up, King."

"Gotcha, Isaiah!"

The small body of the boy shot out of his pew and staring bobbing and weaving through the pews and columns of the cathedral. His blanket almost seemed like a blur as he continued to the last pew on the right side of the aisle. A teenage boy was stretched across the pew as though it was a bed. King wondered to himself how someone could actually get comfortable in these hard wooden pews. He pushed the thought aside.

"Hey Judge! Judge….! JUDGE!" King shook him with all the vigor that his little body could muster. That hardly worked only giving a slight rustle within his slumber. King gave a large sigh before pulling a moving off that no one expected. The boy leaded his gray covered head back before head butting him as hard as he could in the forehead. Judge yelped in pain as his eyes shot open. He immediately started to rub his forehead.

"What the blue hell was that, King! Dammit…" Judge rubbed his head.

"We are trying to have a meeting here," King said relatively unaffected by the head butt.

"I don't give a damn…" Judge spoke with his voice slurring.

"You want to evolve, don't you," King pouted.

"Yeah...but…I'm so sleepy!"

King gave a "whatever" before going back to his pew that was relatively in the middle of the room. Judge brought himself upright before bring his bare feet on the wooden pew. His pale skin of his face was covered by a veil of white long white hair. He sighed before taking attention to Isaiah in the front of the room.

"Now that I have everyone's attention," Isaiah spoke. At least Revelation wasn't a distraction for the most part; Judge was a bit of a different story. "We are here to talk about the other chosen."

"What about 'em…" Judge spoke after a yawn.

"All of them are in great danger including myself. We need to be careful and watch all of them as closely as possible to assure none of them reach an untimely death."

"What about you?" Ark crossed her legs allowing her knee length coffee-colored dress to sway as she did so.

"I'll need all of your protection of course. That's means at your best."

"I see, I see," Judge laid on his back allowing his cream color hair to fall behind the back of the pew in front of him.

"I'm going to keep a watch on the rest of the chosen tonight. Wish me luck."

"Do you want me to come?" Revelation folded his thick arms. Ark smiled.

"Sure…"

"Then it is settled. I'll meet Revelation and Ark in the other world. King and Judge, keep on your toes. I might need you."

"Aye." "Sure whatever."

"Then we are dismissed."

King and Judge exited the main hall allowing Revelation and Ark to be alone with Isaiah. Isaiah closely watched the two of them. He was pretty proud of the newest member of his world as well as the first. He nodded his head.

"Let's go."

The three of them successful managed to watch the rest of the chosen's within the Viridian City closely through most of the night. None of them had been attacked or harm during Isaiah's patrol leaving Isaiah to assume the better; that being that Team Rocket didn't know exactly who the chosen were to launch an attack. It would have been the optimum time to do so considering all of them was bundled like flowers to twine, but it came out much better than he had expected.
    Isaiah took some time to rest. He honestly didn't need to sleep that much. He had trained his body enough to go sleepless for the most part of the night without repercussions. The only thing that he could really feel that was off that his movement was a bit slower than normal. Other than that, he was fine. Ark flew to his shoulder.

<Do you see the soul lines yet,> Ark asked.

"I see several…" Isaiah spoke as he observed the lines.

Soul lines were the bond between a legendary and a human as well as a person's feelings. Right now he could see several of them connecting one person to their legendary pokemon. There were several of pinkish hued lines, two crimson ones, two green ones, one blue one, and a black one that reached towards the sky. Many legendaries had made their choices. It was rather pleasing to see. He turned his attend back to Revelation and Ark.

"We should be heading down the route soon."

<We need to meet a couple of people as well.>

"I'm curious about meeting Mew's and Darkrai's chosen. I'm very curious," Isaiah mentioned stroking his chin.

<Before we do any of that,> Ark mentioned. "We need to drop past the Pokemart."

<Sounds like a plan…>

Isaiah rubbed the back of Revelation's head to tell him to come. He did while Ark hovered around his general air space. He approached the blue roofed building to be greeted by an older woman who opened the door courteously. He entered with his two pokemon close by his side.
    The woman dashed behind the counter before preparing the rest of the opening deeds. After those deeds were finished, she stood behind the counter waiting for the consumer to make his choice.

"I will like…" Isaiah observed the merchandise. "Five pokeballs, Five potions, and five antidotes," he counted it off in his head.
    "Alright," the woman spoke as she typed the figures in the computer. "Your total is 3000 pokedollars."

Isaiah shuffled through his wallet, one of eight that he owned, to pull out the amount of pokedollars needed for the purchase. He pulled out these green and brown bills and counted them for the specific amount. It was a good thing that he battled Holly at Pallet Town. The amount of money that the sages gave him was not enough. He slid the exact money across the counter allowing the cashier to take it without worry for counting change. Pleased, the woman passed him his items within a large blue plastic bag.

"Thanks for shopping at Pokemart," she smiled.

"No thank you," Isaiah smiled.

He left the Pokemart before slipping the items within the pages of the book for safe keeping. Revelation eyed that in confusion while Ark just looked to him in amusement.

<The items stay in the pages for easy retrieval,> Ark spoke.

<That makes sense,> Revelation spoke.

"I guess we should be heading out then."

Isaiah studied the Route ahead, wondering exactly what was on that Route. For some reason, he felt a presence that he didn't like. He couldn't truly put his finger on it—but it had a lingering darkness emitting from it. He cracked a smile. A seeker of knowledge is always intrigued more about what is in the darkness than what is in the light. If something dark was indeed ahead, he was going to find what it was.

~

Author Note's (OOC): Please someone request a character interaction with me. :P Thank you.

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
    Ooc: Just remembered that Viridian Forest comes AFTER Viridian City. *facepalm*

Entry Two—A Whiff of Darkness

Despite yesterday's events, Liana found it quite easy to fall asleep. She had always been like that—she had never had nightmares, so the events of the day didn't haunt her in her sleep.

The next day, however, was a different story.

"Come on, let's go," Liana said, snatching her things up. "I want to get heading out right now."

Aleigha stirred and sat up. <What's the rush?> she asked groggily.

"I don't want to get caught in the dark and meet that…Nyrebus guy again. I mean, who names their kid Nyrebus? What kind of person is he?"

Aleigha didn't reply. She didn't want to worry her Trainer, but she had clearly smelled the Nyrebus man—he hadn't smelled like a human at all. On the contrary, he had smelled quite like a Pokémon, but unlike any one she had ever smelled. The scent was strange, almost foreboding, and strong. It wasn't unpleasant, but it had filled her nostrils and made her eyes water.

"It seems like he only comes out at night, so I'm leaving now so I can get to Pewter City before it gets dark." Liana hurriedly stuffed her sleeping bag into a misshapen roll.

<Are you going to let out Kaze and Chingloo?>

"No," Liana replied. "I can't understand Chingloo very well, and Kaze is really headstrong. He'll go flying after a Caterpie or something. I want to hurry." She pulled everything up and grabbed Aleigha's little claw. "Wanna be carried?"

<No, you have enough to carry. I'll walk.>

After grabbing a quick, fast-food breakfast, the two left Viridian City and headed into the forest. Liana had heard many people remark that it was a natural maze. As the tree canopy hung over her, swallowing her and sucking her in, she thought that she could believe it. She didn't have a very good sense of direction, so she would have to heavily rely on Aleigha's smelling skills.

They wandered around in the forest, Liana continually looking around and shuddering. She felt cold…the trees seemed to whisper in a strange breeze that didn't touch her at all. There didn't appear to be anyone else in here with her…it was just her and Aleigha. The patterns of sunlight shifted continually, so that a place that had been bright and cheery one minute was thrown into darkness the next.

"I think I'm lost," Liana squeaked out after a while. She looked down at Aleigha, who was on all fours, her nose to the ground. "Can you use Dig or something?"

<I don't know Dig,> Aleigha replied somewhat crossly, not taking her nose from the ground. <And if I used it, I'd probably only be able to find our way back to the entrance, anyway.>

Liana timidly stepped into a sunlit spot, looking around. Why was this place so creepy? She glanced over at Aleigha, who seemed to have gone rigid. She wasn't moving; her nose stayed close to the ground, but her spine looked as though it would snap if she tried to do anything. "What's wrong?" Liana asked her.

<I…I smell…> She quivered slightly. <I…I feel…>

Liana went over to her and knelt by her side; she gently placed a hand on her back, stroking her. "What's the matter? Calm down. It's okay."

Suddenly, a wind whipped up and every single patch of sunlight disappeared; the whole forest was thrown in darkness. Squealing, Liana scooped up her Sandshrew and backed into a tree, feeling comfort in the rough bark pressing into her back. Where were all the Pokémon?

"Frightened? Please…don't be."

Liana looked up. Perching in the tree, his cloak falling down around the branches, was Nyrebus, grinning strangely down at her from behind his shaggy white hair.
    "I see that you're lost."

Liana's mouth fell open and she tried to scream, but no sound came out. Nyrebus leapt from the branch, but he seemed to float rather than fall to the ground in front of her.

"Don't be afraid, dear Liana. I noticed your dismay, and so I am here to help you."

"You—are you stalking me?"

Nyrebus chuckled. "No, dearest, not quite." He reached out and placed two gloved fingertips on the side of her chin; a strange warmth spread from them, calming her down, as he gently pushed her head so he could view her from the side. "My, you are quite beautiful, aren't you?" He repeated the motion, this time with the other hand, viewing her from the other side. "Yes, yes, indeed. Hm…and you appear to be able to project your ability to those you touch…" He looked down at Aleigha, who was staring at him with wide eyes. "Your mind, small Pokémon," he said thoughtfully. "Is it quite clear?"

"Don't bother her," Liana snapped. Nyrebus looked at her face, surprised; she glared up at him, holding Aleigha protectively to her chest.

A smile slid onto Nyrebus's lips. "Listen, my dear," he said. "I will lead you out of the forest. We have much to discuss."

"I don't trust you."

His face fell. "You…don't?"

"No! You show up, don't tell me who you are, and you already know my name! Who are you?"

"I…I cannot explain just yet." He seemed devastated. "But…when will you trust me?"

"When you tell me your story," she snapped. "You have to earn a person's trust, Nyrebus."

He was silent for a few moments as he gazed at her angry features. Her neck began to hurt from the way it was tilted back. She felt her heart hammering away in her chest, and her breathing was shallow and labored. All this excitement wasn't good for someone in her condition.

"May I begin to earn it by showing you out of the forest? It is urgent that I discuss matters with you. I do apologize that I cannot reveal everything as of yet…but in time, my Chosen…in time."

"Ch—hey, wait!" Nyrebus turned and went walking off through the forest, which was still in darkness, but no longer windy. Liana tripped after him. He paused briefly to let her catch up before walking on.

"Chosen?"

"The world is in peril," he said bluntly. Liana blinked.

"Well, normally people would give a sort of introduction to bad news like that, but—"

"Team Rocket is a scourge upon the land. It is unapparent what they wish to do, but they are wreaking havoc in Kanto and Johto. I doubt that there is much time before their evil spreads to Hoenn and Sinnoh as well."

"Um…okay, but I don't see why you're telling me this. I mean, it's really bad that this is happening and all, but I'm sure I would have heard about it later if you hadn't told me. And I don't see why it's so important that you have to stalk me to tell me."

Nyrebus stopped and turned sharply toward her, grabbing her by the arm. His gaze locked onto hers, and a very serious expression dominated his features. "You must know. Because you can make a difference, Liana Kokiri. You can. You must."

"But what am I supposed to do?" she asked, wrenching her arm from his grasp. "I'm just a kid who got started on her Pokémon Journey seven freakin' years too late!"

"You are by no means mediocre," Nyrebus began.

"Of course not. I'm less than mediocre! Just this walk and yelling at you is making me feel out of breath! I can't walk, let alone defeat a giant criminal organization!"

"You are greater!" Nyrebus said, and his voice rose with authority, silencing Liana at once. She stared up at him, starting to wonder who this man was. "You are greater than those who start their journeys at ten years old! You are among the elite! Now stop this foolish nonsense!" He grabbed her upper arm and pulled her towards him, looking straight down into her face, and his voice dropped to almost a whisper. "You are one of the most important people in the world right now. Look at yourself."

She glanced down and gasped, pulling away from the man's grasp. Aleigha slipped from her hold and landed on the forest floor, huddling close to her leg and looking up at her with wide, fearful eyes.

She was glowing with a strange light that was both black and red. It shone from her, wrapping itself around her limbs and pulsing gently. A warm sensation flowed through her. It pleasantly filled her and made her feel calm, even powerful.

"I…what is this?"

"The mark of the Chosen. Each have a different color aura." Nyrebus glanced to the side. "You are at the forest's exit. I must leave you now…I cannot walk into the sunlight. I will visit you again when night falls."

"How will I know where to find you?" Liana asked.

"You will not find me. I will find you. Farewell." He turned on the spot; his cloak swished, wrapping around him, and disappeared.

Liana's aura faded away. Sunlight suddenly shone through the trees once more, dappling the forest floor with shifting light. She headed for the exit, seeing the next route stretching before her. Aleigha tottered behind, obviously just as shaken up as she.

<His scent,> Aleigha said shakily. <He…doesn't smell human.>

"What's he smell like?" Liana asked, her voice coming out tired and weary.

The Pokémon paused. It seemed as though she didn't particularly want to answer. <Darkness,> she said finally. They looked at each other, each remembering the sunlight disappearing from the forest.

<Darkness…and legends.>

Years
    Charzeon - Nice going. Clare has successfully captured the Nidoran male.

Sgt Shock - Excellent post, my friend. I liked the portrayal of Revelation.

nokyo-chan - Superb post, nokyo. Darkrai's interacting more with Liana, which I think is really awesome. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Clare hummed under her breath as she continued to walk through Viridian Forest. Once again, it was just her and Chase. Deciding that the Absol might need a bit of a break, the girl had returned her after catching, the Nidoran male. She then decided that she was going to call the little guy Spikes and once again set off towards the next town.

Chase contently walked next to his trainer, looking in and out of the gloom that surrounded trainer and Pokemon. He then stopped and looked into the gloom. Clare, this time paying attention, also stopped and looked to see what the cat was looking at. However, there seemed to be nothing.

"Chase, what is-"

"Meowth!" Chase interrrupted his trainer, happily running towards the bushes and then pounced into them

"Chase!" Clare shouted out infrustration and rand to follow him. However, her foot banged onto an upground root and made the girl trip. Clare could only gasp as she felt the wind rush pass her and the ground coming up. Unconiously, she closed her eyes, ready for the impact as a cold wind rushed pass her.

But instead of the jarring, painful impact she expected, she felt a slim arm wrap around her waist and hold her up. Clare opened her eyes and blinks a few times, confused as to what happened. She then felt herself being lifted back onto her feet and leaning against someone. When she felt and heard the light chuckle, she looked up. Clare's eyes widen once more when she realized that she was once again looking up at Sedna's beautiful smiling face.

"You best watch where you're going," the woman said kindly. "You never know what is ahead of you if you are unobservant."

Clare couldn't decide if what Sedna said was a warning or advice, not that her brain was working that well in the first place any ways. She just continued to stare at the woman for a long while. Though, for probably the first time in Sedna's company, she shook her head and actually got her thoughts in order.

"Uh...what are you doing here?" Clare asked. "I mean...you seem to be places I am..."

"Or maybe you are where I am," Sedna said with a another light chuckle.

Clare frowned deeply as the woman avoided her question. She was about to point that out when Sedna said, "I know, that doesn't answer anything. I just thought I'd add some nice wit and humor to the scene. No, the real reason that I'm here...is because I sensed that you were in danger."

Clare blinked a few times, once again her mind going blank at the information. Sedna smiled agian, though this time a sad smile, and moved Clare so that she was in front of the woman instead of at her side. Sedna looked straight into the girl's eyes, making her uncomfortable.

"I can't tell you everything now," Sedna finally said after a little bit. "But I promise I'll tell you all that I can when the time comes. Just know that you can trust me and that I will do everything I can to protect you."

Sedna then kissed Clare on the forehead and stroke her hair a few times. "Remember this always, my Chosen, even if it seems that you are alone and that no one is around to help." She said, then slowly turned away and walked away.

"W-wait!" Clare finally said. "What did you mean that you sensed I was in danger!?"

Sedna didn't say anything as she walked into the foilage. Clare was about to chase after her when Chase walked out of the bushes, a smirk on his face. His trainer was confused, until things started to click. "Hey...you saw all of that, didn't you!?"

"Meowth," Chase said simply, licking his paw and then using it to wash a spot on the top of his head.

"Uh! You probably planned that whole thing!" Clare said, then once again started to stomp off to the next town. "Then again, that would mean that you actually know what the heck is going on with that Sedna woman."

"Meowth..." Chase muttered, seemingly in agreement, as he once more followed his trainer. He looked back once, to see something move amoung the trees and bushes. Just then, a powerful cold wind rushed through the forest and seemed to wrap around Clare.

The girl gasped in surprise, but yet wasn't really scared. Sure, this seemed weird and unnatural...but for some reason the wind seemed to comfort her more then frighten her.

"What is going on...?" Clare muttered when the wind calmed down and again started walking.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (OOC: Sorry I took so long, but I couldn't come up with anything. Here's my post, though it'll be a little short.)

Chapter 4: The Problematic Pidgey

Chris looked around, in case Clause was still somewhere around, making sure to keep his hand near Trapinch's pokeball. Melissa noticed this, but decided not to say anything.

"Not again." Said Chris, looking around, hearing a rustle in the bushes. Melissa sighed, it wasn't Clause, but before she could say anything, a Pidgey flew straight at Chris, catching him off guard, and ran into him, knocking him down. "Oh my Arceus!" He grabbed his stomach in pain, still hurting from Clause's attack earlier. Pidgey called after Chris, as if it was taunting him.

"Umm... Chris, are you all right?" Asked Melissa. Chris growled before standing back up.

"Grr... stupid bird." Said Chris, scowling at the Pidgey. He grabbed a rock and prepared to throw it.

"That's really not a good idea." Said Melissa, but Chris ignored her and threw the rock at Pidgey, hitting it on its head.

"Got it!" Exclaimed Chris, but Pidgey turned to look at him, looking really angry at him. "Umm... maybe that wasn't the best idea." Pidgey flew after Chris, but said boy began to run. "Waaah!"

"PIIIDGEY!" Exclaimed the Pidgey as it flew after Chris. Melissa sighed.

"Never a dull moment, I guess. I just hope he doesn't get himself killed later on down the line." Said Melissa before running after the two.

(Chris)

"I can't keep this up. Go, Trapinch!" Exclaimed Chris, throwing the pokeball and hitting the Pidgey, likely making it even angrier. But out of the ball came Trapinch. "Trapinch, use Bite!"

Trapinch looked at Pidgey before jumping up into the air, jaw opening wide for the attack. Pidgey attempted to move out of the way, but was unable to as Trapinch sunk its teeth into Pidgey's wing, causing the two to fall to the ground. Pidgey got up and attempted to fly away, but it couldn't.

"Not so mighty now, are you?" Asked Chris, but Pidgey turned around and began to send sand flying at Chris, to the point where he couldn't see. "Ah! My eyes!"

It was at this point Melissa walked in. She looked at Chris trying to rub sand out of his eyes and sighed. 'He's supposed to be my partner? Well, I'm doomed. How did he even manage to save me?' Thought Melissa. Chris then glared at Pidgey, blood coming out of his eyes, and the bird seemed to be laughing at him.

"That's it, bird! You're going to pay for this! Trapinch, use Bite again!" Exclaimed Chris, pointing to the Pidgey. Trapinch ran after the Pidgey, who began to run as well, before jumping towards the bird. Pidgey turned and lunged as well, tackling Trapinch, knocking him back.

'He's loosing to a Pidgey?' Thought Melissa. '... This is not the same person I saw an hour ago.' She moved out of the way as Trapinch flew through the air, thanks to another Tackle.

"Trapinch, get up and use Mud Slap!" Exclaimed Chris, starting to get pissed off. Trapinch rolled back onto its feet and scooped a bunch of mud into its mouth. Pidgey flew at Trapinch, ready to attack, but Trapinch spit out the mud! But Pidgey flew to the side and tackled Trapinch. "Uh-oh. Pokeball, go!" Chris threw the pokeball at Pidgey, who hit it back at Chris. "Oh no you don't!" Chris jumped back, grabbed a large branch and hit the pokeball back, but Pidgey hit it back.

Melissa and Trapinch sighed as they watched the two play tennis with the pokeball. "So, was he always like this?" Asked Melissa.

"Tra." (T: Yeah.) Stated Trapinch.

"I figured as much." Said Melissa, and as she looked back, the pokeball finally hit Pidgey, sucking it in. The ball hit the ground and began to shake. Will Chris catch the Pidgey?

Years
    Zeta - It's short, yes, but it's still good. Chris has successfully captured the Pidgey and Trapinch has reached level 7. And what's this? OMG - it's shiny?!

Charzeon - Is Sedna possibly Suicune? Please answer in OOC thread.

Route 2 — Post 1

For about half an hour, the teen and Riley walked without much incident. Josephine seemed very irritated that Amaya had left her, without a reason why, except to say that she'd see her again at either Pewter or Cerulean. Eventually, the red-haired girl started feeling edgy and worried, as she kept glancing around at her surroundings. She found a nice patch of lush green grass and sat down, pulled off her bag and dug around for some food and water.

"What do you think, Riley?" Josephine questioned, handing her part of the doughnut. The redhead was able to understand Riley's tone of Pokéspeech, thanks to four years of living with her family's serious-natured Eevee.

<Why, thank you, Josephine. These are one of the best foods ever,> the female Shinx meowed contentedly as she ripped into the round, cinnamon-coated snack.

"Any good?"

<Of course,> Riley looked up at her trainer with flecks of cinnamon dotted all over her light blue face.

"Yeah, food is just food to me." She stood up and put everything away, before shouldering her backpack and kept walking with Riley following closely.

Special Events

pikakip: Oh my! What is this? A Poké Ball lies in the middle of the path... I wonder what it contains. Oh? A solid gold rock, too?

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    (OOC: Here's my new post, and I think I'm finished with Route 2 after this.)

Chapter 5: Shades of the Future! (Part 1): The Man Known as Drake!

Chris picked up the Pidgey's pokeball and smiled. "Heh, I just caught a Pidgey. All right!" Exclaimed Chris. Melissa just shook her head.

"Can we just get on with this?" Asked Melissa, annoyed with Chris' enthusiasm. "Let's just hurry up and get on with the trip." Chris looked back and sighed.

"Look, you're not going to get any excitement if you don't stop to smell the roses every once in a while." Said Chris, facing the rest of the route. Melissa rolled her eyes, but then looked to the left. There was a man there.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." Said the man as he held out his hand, extending for a handshake. "Hello, I am Drake Landis, a wandering performer."

"Yeah, that's nice." Said Melissa, watching the man. He smiled and dropped his hand, taking the hint. Drake bowed and said.

"I'm sorry, I understand you might be mistrusting of a strange man." Said Drake as he backed up. "Fear not, I don't have any negative intentions towards you two, it's not my style. I'm just here to offer assistance in your little quarrel." Chris and Melissa looked at each other, confused.

"Quarrel? What are you talking about?" Asked Chris. "We weren't really fighting intensely, she just got annoyed with me. We don't need help, really."

"Oh, that's a lie." Said Drake as he closed his eyes. "Behind every argument, there is an underlying problem, and I just want to help you uncover it."

"Um... no thanks." Said Melissa. "Come on, Chris, let's go." Drake opened his eyes slightly.

"Fine, just don't come crying to me when your relationship goes down south." Said Drake. Both Chris and Melissa froze at that moment, the latter looking a little sick at the prospect.

"Relationship?" Asked Chris, a little grossed out by that statement. "Um... we aren't in a relationship, I don't think it would work out anyway." Drake flinched in surprise.

"Hm, well, I seem to get that messed up quite often." Said Drake, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "I really should stop assuming things. Well, I like you two."

"Umm... okay?" Asked Chris. Drake grabbed something from his pocket and handed it to Melissa.

"These are tickets to my show. I'm a popular performer in Kanto, so tickets are hard to come by." Said Drake as he began to walk away. "My next show is in Cerulean City, so be on the lookout. I'm sure you can get there in a week." That is when Drake made his departure.

"What... was that about?" Asked Melissa, confused. Chris shook his head.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling that I'll be seeing him again soon." Said Chris. "Oh well, let's get to Viridian Forest, it's close by so we should get there in a couple of minutes."

"Yeah, yeah." Said Melissa, already walking away.

"Wh-wha!? Wait for me!" Yelled Chris, chasing after the legendary.

(?)

Trapinch looked at Pidgey, both in a 'pokeball' world, glaring at each other. "Why do you follow an idiot like that?" Asked the Pidgey, pissed off. "He isn't anything special! Why do you follow him!?"

"Eh, it gets me some exercise." Said the Trapinch. "Besides, it's hilarious that you got caught. I thought wild pokemon were supposed to be better. Did you ever fight against a legend hunter? I don't think so."

"I don't think that's worthy to gloat! Ooooh, I beat up a human, big ****ing whoop, I do that all of the time. They always come after me for some reason, so I hit them hard." Said Pidgey, gloating. "No human, until this one, caught me."

"That really isn't something to gloat over." Said Trapinch. Pidgey just cried out before walking away. "Gosh, such a sore loser."

(Outside)

"Well, here we are, Melissa." Said Chris, looking into the forest. "The Viridian Forest!"

"Yeah, we made it." Said Melissa, not really paying attention. 'Well, I suppose it's almost time to go, hopefully this kid won't get himself killed.'

"Hehe, let's go!" Exclaimed Chris as he walked into the forest. Melissa followed, but both were not expecting what was about to happen.

"Stop right there! I challenge you to a pokemon battle!" Exclaimed a boy as he jumped down from a tree. "And I will win."

(OOC: Here you go. I didn't have any ideas for this route having another battle, so yeah.)

Years
    Zeta: Your last post for Route 2 is perfectly fine. Although, I do have to wonder as to whom this Drake is. Am I right in assuming he is not Drake the Dragon Master of Hoenn?

My 2nd and final Route 2 post

Josephine and Connor continued along Route 2, discussing Connor's latest addition, the wounded male Houndour. "I wonder what attacked him?" the red-haired girl asked of her male travelling companion.

"... dour..." the Dark and Fire type weakly growled as Josephine carried him.

"Riley?" the girl said to her partner, the female Shinx.

<His growl indicated that his opponent was far stronger than he was and feline in appearance...> the Electric type trailed off as the canine growled again. There was a long silence as Riley took in that information. <Attacked by a Purugly?! Josephine, this is serious. If a Purugly attacked Houndour, we need to get him to Pewter as soon as possible.>

"On it!" the redhead's voice became urgent and she hurried forward, with Connor struggling to keep up.

Viridian Forest (for those who are ready for it...)

Number of Posts: 2-4

Description: The Forest lies between Viridian City and Pewter City. The trees in the forest are so thick that little light gets in. It is full of Bug and Flying type Pokémon. A natural maze, many people become lost inside.

Note – Both the north and south entrances of Viridian Forest open to Route 2.

What can you do in on Route?

Generally the main two things you can do on a route are capturing Pokémon and battling trainers. You can do many other things; you know free will and all that... Anyway, everyone have fun.

Wild Pokémon
    Commonly seen Pokémon in this area

Pidgey

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/016-1.png?t=1263522870

Level: 3-7
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand Attack (Level 5)
    Nature: Random

Caterpie

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/010.png?t=1263522910

Level: 3-6
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot

Weedle

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/013.png?t=1263522965

Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Poison Sting, String Shot

Uncommonly seen Pokémon in this area

Bellsprout

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/069.png?t=1263522983

Level: 3-5
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Vine Whip

Ledyba

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/165.png?t=1263523000

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/165-f.png?t=1263523017

Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Swarm, Early Bird
    Attacks: Tackle, Supersonic

Rarely seen Pokémon in this area

Pikachu

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/025-f.png?t=1263523046

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/025.png?t=1263523065

Level: 3-5
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip (Level 5)

Special Event

Charzeon: Oh, what's this? Cracks are appearing in the Egg. It's wriggling a bit, and light is shining through the layers. More cracks, more anticipation. A faint cry, and finally the Pokémon breaks free of the confining shell. It's... a... shiny female Barboach with the Egg move Spark.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    (OOC: Here we go, the fight against this new trainer.)

Chapter 6: Shades of the Future (Part 2): The Bug Catcher: Kyle!

"I challenge you to a pokemon battle, and I, Kyle Laurel, will win." Said the boy, taking out a pokeball. Chris frowned, before looking at the trainer who jumped down.

"Who is this g... a- ah-- ACHOO!" Chris sneezed. Melissa and the trainer look at him. "Hmm... maybe someone's talking about me or something?"

"Anyway, don't you have something better to do then hide in trees?" Asked Melissa. Kyle shook his head.

"No, it helps me level up my pokemon. Now, we will fight, and the winner gets the honor to pass through." Said the boy as he tossed his pokeball. "Caterpie, standby for farther instructions."

"So, you're really serious about this, eh?" Asked Chris as he pulled out a pokeball. "Well, I hope you're ready to lose. Go, Trapinch!" Chris tossed the pokeball, and out came Trapinch, ready to fight. The kid smiled at the choice of pokemon.

"Okay, let's go." Said Kyle as he reached into his bag. He pulled out a radio, and a CD. "This relic, is still working. Just let me do something." He opened the Disc Drive, and placed the CD inside, before closing it back up. "Let's go." He pressed play, and rap music began to play.

"What the?" Asked Chris to himself as both the kid and the Caterpie began to dance to the music. "... Is this even legal?" He turned to Melissa, who was just staring on in confusion. What was it with this strange human music? "Hello?"

"Let's go, we don't have all day." Said the kid, still dancing.

"Trapinch, use Bite!" Exclaimed Chris. Trapinch leaned back before jumping in, opening its jaw to bite the bug, however, the bug was able to sidestep the attack like it was nothing. "What!? How'd Trapinch miss?!"

"Let's go, Caterpie! Use Tackle!" Exclaimed the kid as the music changed into something from another language. Caterpie stopped dancing and rammed into Trapinch, who was just confused at this point, knocking him down, injured.

"Trapinch, use Mud Shot." Said Chris, starting to get pissed off. Trapinch jumped up and scooped up some dirt in its mouth.

"Use String Shot!" Exclaimed Kyle, still dancing. Caterpie spit some string towards Trapinch, but the bug was able to get out of the way, and spit up ground. However, Caterpie spit more string, attaching to a branch, and immediately jumped up, avoiding the attack. The song switched to another foreign song, a fast one.

"What is with the songs?" Asked Chris, as they grew worse. Kyle began dancing really weird now. "What are you doing!? What's going on!?"

"It's not that bad." Said Melissa. Chris sighed, not noticing what was going on in the battlefield.

"Tackle, Caterpie!" Exclaimed Kyle, pointing to the confused Trapinch.

"Piii?" (T: What's going on?) Questioned the Trapinch. Caterpie, who had been gathering up momentum let go of the string and tackled into Trapinch, knocking him to the ground.

"Trapinch!" Exclaimed Chris in shock. He was losing to a kid, dancing to the weirdest music. And it was changing to a country song now. "What is it with your music?"

"Heh, that's how we fight." Said Kyle, dancing. "We have never lost a fight yet. You're the one who lasted the longest against us, but you're not the toughest. Dance is usually a mode of expression, but I decided to make a style of battle that includes dance, and I have something. However, I'm still not done at all. However, what we have now, is a dodging ability unmatched by another trainer at my level."

"This is embarrassing." Said Chris, looking at Trapinch, and Caterpie, who was dancing. "This is just... am I actually going to lose to some kid who danced the whole time? Hmm... oh! Wait a second! I think I know how to beat him." Chris pointed at Caterpie. "Use Mud Shot on Caterpie!" Trapinch spat more mud at the bug, and quite predictably, Caterpie jumped out of the way, leaving the attack to go through, but it went towards the radio.

"NOOOOOO!" Yelled Kyle as he moved to get his radio, but the attack hit, knocking it into a tree, stopping the music, also stopping Caterpie's dancing. "My radio..."

"Use Bite, now!" Exclaimed Chris. Trapinch smirked before jumping in, its jaws opening for another attack. Caterpie, without the rhythm of the music, was unable to jump out of the way, and was bitten, knocking it out. "Yes!"

"NOOOOOO! That was my father's! He'll kill me!" Exclaimed Kyle, as he sorted through the radio pieces. "I swear, next time I'm going to beat you. I promise."

"That's it?" Asked Chris. Kyle said nothing before walking away. "Geez, what a sore looser."

"Well, you did just break something of his." Said Melissa. Chris shook his head.

"Yeah, I kind of feel bad for the sap, but not as much as I should." Said Chris. He then began to walk away.

"Come on, we won't make it to Pewter by standing around." Said Chris. Melissa sighed before walking after Chris.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

The morning sun awoke Century from his slumber, he had been traveling all night to get to Viridian City to continue his quest to be the very best pokemon trainer there ever had been. The ground beneath him was cold and damp, not the best feeling to start a day.

"Zig? Zigzagoon!" A curious but familiar face to Century had looked down on him as he opened his eyes to see his excited Zigzagoon pacing about.

"I knew it was a good idea to let you travel with me instead of in your pokeball." Century remarked softly, as he sat up and his Zigzagoon came running up at him, before pouncing at him, almost knocking him back over.

"Alright Zigzagoon, we're almost there, we're almost at Viridian City.." Century said with a glazed over tone. Century reached over and grabbed his backpack which was on the ground beside him. He stood up and slung it over his shoulders before yawning heavily and beginning to walk the way in which he had been headed the night before. Zigzagoon paced beside him, looking up eagerly at him.

Not before too long, Century and Zigzagoon found themselves looking at buildings and lights in mid daytime. Century knew this was the place to be and he walked towards Viridian City, before being immersed in the city streets, looking for somewhere to be. He walked up to the door of the Pokemon centre and reached for the handle of the door, before something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye.

"Zig?" Zigzagoon sounded a little pestered, as Century spun around and saw a beautiful female figure standing behind him.

"You must be Century." She spoke coldly as ice itself as Century was caught unguarded.

"Uh, yes, I would be." He was a little hesitant to answer as both him and Zigzagoon stared at her with wide, wondering eyes.

"Hmph. Thought I'd see you around sometime." She spoke heavily.

Century stuck out a hand. "Nice to meet you...?" He didn't finish his sentence, as he was hoping that she would indeed finish the sentence for him, but as he waited for a reply, she scoffed, spun on her heels and walked away.

"Hm, that was a little weird Zigzagoon, don't you think?" Century looked down at his pokemon companion.

"Zig!" Zigzagoon spoke in an affirmative tone as Century pulled on the door latch and entered the pokemon centre.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Amaya followed Josephine through to another clearing, where a male was cursing foully as he watched his Squirtle trying to put out the fire. She frowned lightly. People outside of Lavender Town rarely rubbed her the wrong way. However this guy was doing so without much effort. Amaya had the distinct feeling it would be bad to tick this guy off, despite how differently he handled his Pokemon. Hm.. I wonder if my package has arrived yet. I should go check. Suddenly, the faintest of jolts went through her nerves. She forced herself to remain outwardly calm and subtly glanced around the trees. Her eyes caught a faint wisp of green, different from the trees. Huh. Could it be...

Tapping the other female on the shoulder, she said, "I'd love to hang around but I think I'll meet you in Viridian. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine," Josephine replied. Nodding, Amaya turned and walked away. The teen could vaguely hear the two of them chattering as she left. Yuurei and Hao had, oddly enough, remained where she had left them by her sketchbook. The young Absol's ears were pricked, but Hao appeared unruffled, retaking her place around the girl's neck. Shrugging, Yuurei picked up the blue book in his mouth and tried, with difficulty, to place the item back in the bag. Amaya giggled and took the items from her Pokemon. Carrying it loosely, she strode off, moving to a spot almost completely clear of people.

Halting in place, she murmured. "You can come out now, if you'd like. You're Celebi, aren't you?" The bushes rustled and out popped the green-haired boy from earlier. He grinned at her.

"Cool, you found me!" he chirped, practically bouncing. "Mew and Lugia were right after all! This Chosen thing really could work."

"Chosen?"

"Yep!" He became serious suddenly, frowning pensively. "People, children really, have been chosen by us Legendaries. There is a darkness, not Darkrai so don't go there, covering the land. We are picking those who can help us. I want yours. So..." he held out a hand. "Will you help?"

Amaya ran the idea through her mind and shrugged. I wonder if Mistress meant this. She shook his hand, causing the boy to grin.

"Great! You were right by the way. I am Celebi but just call me Shinrin. Anyway catch you later!" He bounced off and the three looked at each other.

"Weird." Amaya walked to the Pokemon Center.

.............​

The nurse handed her the package for Amaya and one for Josephine. As she took them, the Channeller's daughter wondered what could be for Josephine. Lucky for her the other trainer arrived, the male with the Squirtle in tow. Handing her friend the other gift, she carefully unwrapped hers and released the Pokemon inside, with Josephine right behind her. Out came a Chimecho and Gible respectively. Both teens squealed at the exact same time. Chimecho butted her trainer's hand affectionately.

"You're Mistress's aren't you?" she asked the little chime, who nodded eagerly. "Well, welcome aboard, Chirin." The other two Pokemon greeted the newcomer. Meanwhile, Josephine and the male seemed to be arguing slightly. Amaya giggled, happening to glance out the glass door. An older man was exiting the PokeMart, thick book in hand. On his shoulder rested a Hoothoot and a Absol loped calmly beside him. But that wasn't what kept her attention. There was an aura wrapped tightly around him and the book he carried, good yet dark. And did she glimpse the faintest blue light tracing him?

Hmm... Interrupting the pair, she hurriedly gave a temporary farewell to Josephine, who looked distinctly put out by this. Returning Hao and Yuurei to their Pokeballs, she ran out, hurrying to catch up with the enigma.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    "Alright, Viridian Forest, here we are!" Clare called out happily as she entered the forest between Viridiant City and Pewter city. Chase yawned at his trainer's side, bored with her cheerfulness. Clare turned to glare at her starter, before sighing and walking more into the forest. The cat found that more interesting and followed his trainer. The girl sighed to herself and looked up at the forest's canopy.

For probably the fifth time since then, her mind went back to Senda and what she had said. It had just seemed so...weird. How in the world had the woman known that Clare was in danger (though she haddn't been really)? And what did she mean when she called Clare her 'Chosen'? Just what was happening to her!?

"It's just also confusing..." Clare muttered out loud and sighed to herself. She then blinked she she suddenly felt a movement coming from her pack. It stopped and she frowned, thinking that she was fooling with herself. Then the wiggle started again, even more so then before.

"What the..." Clare muttered as she quickly placed her pack down and opened it. Her eyes blinked as she realized that the wiggling was coming from the now cracked egg she had saved. She picked it up and carefully placed it on the ground. The egg started to shake widily, more cracks appearing and light shining through the bigger ones. Very suddenly, the egg burst open and there was a bright flash of light.

Clare covered her eyes to protect them, then slowly lowered her hand. She gasped at what she saw. There, curled up in the grass before her, was a Barboach. But it wasn't like any Barboach, it was was a Shiny! The fish slowly opened it's eyes and lifted it's head slightly, looking around itself. Clare and Chase stared at the Barboach for a bit, before Clare slowly moved over to it and picked it up. The Barboach blinked at her, before letting out a happy cry and cudding against her.

"Guess she thinks I'm her mother," Clare said with a smile, lightly petting the fish. She then thought about what she should name the fish.

"Barb?" The Barboach asked, tilting her head.

"Meowth!" Chase said happily and walked over to the newest memeber of the party. The fish looked over and cried out in alarm as she saw the cat. Suddenly a spark came from her and slammed into the cat, knocking him back a bit.

"Whoa!" Clare said, blinking in surprise. She then looked down at the Barboach and grinned slightly. "Alright, must be an Egg move you got there. Great, now at least we can do something about Water and Flying types we come across, huh?" Then an idea came to the trainer. "I know! I'll name you Sparky! Both for that move and because, in shiny form, you do kind of look like an electric type."

"Barb..." the now named Sparky said, staring fearfully at Chase as he got back up.

Clare sighed. "Don't worry about Chase, girl. He's harmless and, besides, he's on the team and you may have to work with him soon enough." The girl explained.

"Meowth..." Chase grumbled.

"Barb..." Sparky muttered, not seeming to agree with her trainer but not attacking the cat again.

"Great! Now that we have that settled," Clare said as she put the fish down on the ground and took out a couple more Pokeballs. "Say hello to the rest of your comrades; Shinobi and Spikes!" She threw the balls up into the air and in double flashes of light, the Absol and Nidoran male appeared.

Sparky tilted her head at the two other Pokemon and hesitantly went over to them. Shinobi just looked at the new addition before walking to the side and jumping into a tree, looking about. Spikes tilted his head, not having been out of his ball since he was caught, and met up with the fish. The two looked at each other before Spikes gently butted her on the head. The fish giggled then playfully pushed back. Spikes grinned and soon the two were rolling around together in play fighting.

Clare smiled as she watched the two young Pokemon, before Shinobi let out a hiss. She looked up at the canine Pokemon and saw her glaring at something in the bushes. The trainer was quick to take out another Pokeball and broke up the play fighting between the Nidoran male and Baroach.

"Sorry Sparky, but I'm going to have to put you in this," Clare said, holding the ball out to the baby Pokemon. "This is what I'm going to carry you around in. Trust me, it's fine."

Sparky frown slightly and nudged the ball, accidentally pressing the button in the middle. Next thing that the fish knew the ball opened up and she was placed in it by a red light. The ball snapped shut and only twitched once before becoming still. Clare blinked at the events that played out in front of her, but then just sighed and put the ball back in her back pack. She then stood up and looked towards where the Absol was looking.

"Alright, Shinobi, Chase, Spikes, get ready for what ever is going to come out!" Clare said.

All three Pokemon nodded and stood in front of their trainer. The bushes started to rustle a bit before three other Pokemon came out of them; a Pidgey, a Ledyba and a Bellsprout. Clare grinned, glad to see that the Pokemon shouldn't be much of a threat.

"Alright, lets make this quick," Clare said, "Shinobi, use Zen Headbutt on the Bellsprout! Chase, use Scratch on the Pidgey! Spikes, use Peck on the Ledyba!"

Shinobi just grunted before charging at the weed-like Pokemon, slamming her new glowing head into it. The Bellsprout screamed in pain as the attack connected, but was still standing. Though, it wasn't standing when Shinobi followed up with her own Scratch attack.

Chase grinned at the bird before jumping up at it and slashing it with his very long and sharp claws. The bird gave a screech of pain and flew up higher to avoid extra damage. The Pidgey then swooped down and slammed it's body onto the cat's, knocking him back.

Spikes was next and also jumped up at his oppenet slamming his horn into it. The Ledyba gritted it's teeth in pain before also countering with a Tackle attack.

"Okay, nice going guys," Clare said. "Now; Chase, use Bite on the Pidgey. Spikes, Peck again on the Ledyba. Shinobi, help out either if they don't get rid of their targets with Zen Headbutt!"

Chase grinned even more and was quick to pounce on the bird, biting down hard on it. The Pidgey gave a squwak of pain and surprise before fainting from it all. Spikes slammed his horn into the ladybug, doing good damage but not enough to actually make it faint. This, of course, changed when Shinobi slammed her head into it.

"Alright! Nice going guys!" Clare called out happily, then taking out Shinobi and Spikes' balls and returning them to it. She then just grinned at her starter before walking away. Chase tilted his head but followed after his trainer, his tail held high.

Years
    Charzeon - The levels of your Pokemon are hereby declared.

Chase = level 11
    Shinobi = level 8
    Spikes = level 7
    Sparky = level 5

1st Viridian Forest Post

"We better go in," Josephine said as confidently as she could. She had healed her Pokémon at the Centre before coming to the tollhouse entrance to the Forest. As the teen and her partners entered the Forest, they were amazed at all of the plant life there. There were trees as far as the eye could see, bushes were everywhere and flowers could be seen on the ground wherever one walked. "This is amazing…" Josephine murmured, staring at all of the plant life.

<Yeah,> the female Shinx answered back. <My mistress is right. This IS amazing.>

They continued on until they noticed a young boy up ahead. He was wearing a large hat and had a net with him. He was spraying bug spray on himself and he seemed to need it, since he was wearing a white short-sleeved t-shirt and baggy green shorts. As they approached, he turned around, saw them and ran over to greet them.

"Jeez… too many Bug Pokémon," he laughed and then sighed.

"My name's Dustin, I am a Bug Catcher. Do you want to battle?" As he directed those words at Josephine, he seemed eager. "I just caught a Caterpie," he grinned. Dustin took the red and white Poké Ball off his belt and started tossing it up and down.

"I'm Josephine Harris from Pallet Town. These are my partners — Riley, Juri and Draetal," Josephine introduced herself and the other three. Then she informed her starter it was her turn to battle.

<Obviously I was told to battle, but where's my opponent?> the female Shinx wondered.

"Let's go, Caterpie!" Dustin raised the sphere, clicked the centre button, and a worm larger than the usual size appeared in a flash of light. The green Pokémon had two large black eyes and a segmented body. Its underside, feet, mouth and tail were yellowish, and there were yellow circles framing its body. A pink antenna ending in two tips was on the top of its head and it looked strong as it aggressively showed off.

"I'll get its Pokédex entry," Josephine said, taking out the red coloured device. "How experienced is it?" the girl cooed, wanting so much to pick the little caterpillar up and pat it.

"Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon – a Pokémon of the Bug type. It releases a stench from its red antenna to repel enemies. Caterpie grows by molting repeatedly," the device reported.

"I was lucky to catch it; it's quite experienced! And it hasn't evolved into Metapod either. Now, Caterpie! String Shot!" Dustin called out. Caterpie quickly listened and started shooting silk out of its mouth.

"Ohh, but it must be close. Anyway, enough chatter. Riley, use Tackle!" Josephine instructed her Pokémon, but the female Shinx just sat there, a look of reluctance on her face. The feline was unwilling to harm her opponent as it was smaller than her.

<I will NOT harm that Caterpie, unless I'm absolutely forced to,> Riley thought, looking pointedly at her trainer.

The silk quickly covered the female Shinx's face and the lion-cub still sat in one place.

"This is a great chance! Let's go Caterpie – a Tackle this time!"

Like the first time, Caterpie was quick to listen and rushed straight at Riley. Thanks to her stubbornness, Riley was hit.

<That hurt a bit,> the female Shinx grunted.

"Riley, COME on! You're pure Electric, for crying out loud – Electric types are meant to be fast. Do something! Otherwise, you're going to lose!"

"Hehe, you should call an attack. Riley is just sitting there trembling. Don't you know how to be a real trainer?" Dustin said with a smirk. "Alright Caterpie, use Tackle one more time!"

Caterpie rushed at Riley once more, but it missed. Tackle didn't have a one hundred percent accuracy rate.

<THAT does it! THAT Bug Catcher will pay for what he just said!> the female Shinx mentally yelled.

Galvanized into action by the Bug Catcher's scornful words against her trainer, Riley scratched the gooey silk off her face and lunged at Caterpie, biting it around the neck area. A thin line of blood trickled down the green exoskeleton.

"Well done, Riley. Now we're getting somewhere. Use Thunder Fang!"

"It doesn't matter now. I'll easily win this. Caterpie, use String Shot!"

Riley had been determined not to attack, but now she had no choice. No Bug Catcher was going to insult her mistress and get away with it. Her teeth tingled with pent-up electricity as she charged at the worm Pokémon and bit it once more.

"Damn it! It's a critical hit! Return, Caterpie!" Dustin sighed, unhappy with his loss. He touched his Pokémon lightly with the Poké Ball and it was drawn back into the sphere as red energy.

"Your Shinx is pretty good. Here's the money you won," Dustin tried to sound happy as he handed Josephine three hundred and fifty Pokédollars for beating him. "I hope to see you again one day, when we're both stronger."

"Me too," Josephine replied, as she shook Dustin's hand and went off deeper into the Forest, with her partners following her. It's amazing that I won that battle… she thought. "You know something? He was right – you are getting stronger Riley, as far as speed is concerned anyway."

Riley replied, <I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult, but thanks, I think...>

Just then, Josephine encountered a boy with a Trapinch. A girl was walking beside the Pokémon's trainer.

Myself — Josephine's Pokémon levels are as follows...

Riley (the Shinx) = Level 8
    Juri (the Sandshrew) = level 5
    Draetal (the Gible) = level 5

Last edited:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Century recieved his pokeballs back from Nurse Joy as he had to heal his Caterpie from a previous battle. He knew that he had a long journey through Viridian Forest to get back to his hometown of Pewter City. "So, Viridian Forest it is then.." He thinks to himself as he sighs heavily, clipping his pokeballs back into his belt. He then spun on his heels and left the pokemon centre, ready for his journey through Viridian Forest.

He walked with a steady rhythm, before finally reaching the outskirts of the city. He unclipped a pokeball from his belt and pressed the centre button, causing a red light to emit as he pointed it directly ahead of it, before the red beam of light morphed into his Zigzagoon.

"Zig?" It said curiously.

"Come on Zigzagoon, it's time to get home." He smiled, as his Zigzagoon looked up at him eagerly. The two of them then entered the tollbooth that separated the city of Viridian from its forest, and exited just as quick. Century's Zigzagoon walked ahead of him in a crooked path, zig-zagging back and forth. Century followed behind it quickly under the canopy of trees that blocked out almost all of the sunlight.

Suddenly, his Zigzagoon stopped. "Zig!" It said hastily, motioning toward a bush ahead of them. Century looked at the bush, which started to shake and rustle. He stood ready, as out from the bush popped a pokemon..

Apocalyptic Dawn V2

"Bellsprout- the Flower pokemon." His pokedex begins mechanically, "A carnivorous Pokémon that traps and eats bugs. It appears to use its root feet to replenish moisture."​

Century examines the Bellsprout which is looking for a battle. It stood poised on its root feet as Century decided which pokemon to use, before looking at his Zigzagoon. "Alright Zigzagoon, you can do it!" He encourages, as his Zigzagoon goes to approach the Bellsprout, before getting hit with a quick Vine Whip by the wild pokemon.

"Zig!" She groans in agony before quickly making it back to her legs.

"Alright Zigzagoon, use tackle!" Century calls out, and his Zigzagoon obliges, charging into the wild Bellsprout, knocking it back.

"Bellsprout!" It says angrily, before using another Vine Whip attack. Luckily, this one missed Zigzagoon, but only by a narrow hair.

"Use tackle again Zigzagoon!" Century called out, and Zigzagoon once again obeyed his command, slamming her body into the wild Bellsprout, knocking it back once more.

"Bell!" The wild Bellsprout says, before charging at Century's Zigzagoon once again, hitting it with a Vine Whip directly in the face, knocking Zigzagoon flat on her back.

"Zigzagoon!" She cries out in agony as Century decides his next move..

"The wild Bellsprout looks like its just about out of it, a couple more tackles will do the Bellsprout in, I'm sure." Century thinks to himself, before calling out, "Zigzagoon! Use Growl!" Century calls out. He knew that by using Growl he could lower the Bellsprout's attack damage, just in case things get rough.

Zigzagoon growled, and Bellsprout looked a little scared, before lashing back with a Vine Whip. It hit Zigzagoon, but didn't seem to do much damage, as she knew what Century was thinking, and launched herself into Bellsprout with another tackle, this time causing the Bellsprout to hit a tree with a thud. Century smiled, as the Bellsprout looked knocked out.

Both him and Zigzagoon waited on edge for a couple of moments, before seeing that no matter how hard the Bellsprout struggled, it couldn't get up. Century nodded, and in a character trait of his own, showed mercy on the Bellsprout by not finishing it off with his trusty Zigzagoon. He nodded towards his pokemon with a smile on his face as they both continued to head through the forest to get back to his hometown of Pewter City.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Clare continued to walk across the forest pass looking around for anything or anyone that might might be used to train up her Pokemon. Of course, as she did this, she thought back to what Pokemon she should even be training in the first place. She would have to work on Spikes since he really needed another move other then Peck. But then there was also Sparky to take into consideration. She would definitely need training if she was going to be of any use to the team. The trainer smiled to herself, thinking about how she could use the little fish as a replacement for an actual electric type. Sure, she wouldn't be as powerful as one of them and only have one attack, but it was still pretty useful.

"Now, I just need to find something for her to attack," Clare muttered to herself. Of course, as luck would have it, as soon as she said that a couple Caterpies appeared out of the bushes. Clare smiled to herself as she took out Sparky's ball and threw it up into the air. The ball opened up and in a flash of light the Shiny Barboach appeared. She looked around herself before staring up at her trainer.

"Okay Spark, you and Chase are going to take down those Caterpies over there!" Clare said and pointed to her Pokemon's opponents. Sparky and Chase looked at eachother then grunted and looked away. The female trainer sighed to herself. "Come on guys, can't you at least work together for the next little bit? You both know that you need the training if we are to ever beat the Gym Leaders."

Both the fish and the cat looked at each other before grumbling under their breathes and reluctantly agree to work together, for now. Clare smiled at that, then turned her attention back to the caterpiller Pokemon. "Alright, Chase use Bite on the Caterpie to the left, Sparky use Spark on the Caterpie to the right!"

Both Pokemon nodded before charging at their opponents. Chase clamped his jaws on the Caterpiller, making it squeal in pain. Before it's partner could react, Sparky slammed into it with her electric covered body, knocking it into a tree. Chase let go of the Caterpiller and jumped away from it.

"Alight, nice going guys," Clare said. "Now, Chase us Scratch and Sparky use Mud-slap!"

The cat grinned as he ran towards his Caterpie and slashed it with his claws, knocking it out. Sparky kicked up some dirt with her tail and sent it flying at her Caterpie. The first hit didn't seem to do much but the second knocked it out.

"Yeah! Great job guys!" Clare said, smiling down at her two Pokemon. "See, you two can work together!"

"Meowth…" Chase muttered as if in disagreement. Sparky did the same thing and the two looked away from each other.

"Fine…if you really think that you can't work together right now," Clare said as she took out a Pokeball. "Then sorry, Chase, but I'm going to have to use another Pokemon."

"Meowth!" Chase exclaimed but before he could say anything else a red beam shot out of the ball and he disappeared into it.

Sparky grinned as she saw that, but a look from her trainer wiped it away. "Just so you know, the only reason why I'm not doing the same to you is because I need to train you up, got it?" Clare said.

"Barb…" Sparky said with a nod.

"Alright then," Clare said as she took out another Pokeball and threw it up into the air. When it opened, Shinobi appeared in a flash of light. The Absol landed gracefully and stared up at her trainer, waiting for her orders.

Clare just smiled and started to walk through the forest once more. Shinobi grunted but followed after her trainer. Sparky tilted her head but did the same as her comrade. It didn't take long before two more Pokemon appeared, this time a Bellsprout and a Pidgey. The girl grinned even more not believing her luck!

"Alright, lets make this quick; Shinobi, use Zen Headbutt on the Bellsprout! Sparky, use Spark on the Pidgey!"

Shinobi was the first to react, slamming her energy covered head onto the Grass/Poison type. Of course, this knocked it out right away. Sparky once again gathered the electricity around herself and jumped at the Pidgey. The small bird screeched in pain as the electric attack went through it's body and it feel to the ground, limp.

Clare grinned and was about to call Shinobi back when two more Pidgeys appeared. The girl sighed, though she still returned the Absol to her ball. She threw up her other Pokeball, releasing the male Nidoran.

"Alright, Sparky use Spark on the Pidgey to the right! Spikes, use Peck on the Pidgey to the left!" Clare ordered.

Both Pokemon nodded and Sparky once again used her signature attack on a Pidgey. This time, however, it didn't go down right away. It flapped it's wings, sending up some sand and blinking Sparky somewhat. Spikes jumped up and rammed his horn into his opponent. The Pidgey cawed in pain and countered with a Tackle. This angered the Niodran Male and he used another Peck, knocking the bird out. Sparky decided to copy this and used her Spark attack on her Pidgey, making it go limp on the ground.

"Um…nice going guys," Clare said with a smile and returned both of her Pokemon to their Pokeballs so that they could rest. She then took out Chase's ball and released the cat. The Meowth was sitting down when he fully formed, glaring up at his trainer.

"Sorry Chase, but I really needed to train Sparky and I just didn't think it would work out between the two of you," Clare said, bending down to pick the cat up despite his cry of protest. "So just relax grumpy, I'll promise I won't put in your Pokeball in the next round of training, okay?"

"Meowth…" Chase muttered, reluctantly agreeing and nuzzling against his trainer.

Clare chuckled, then looked up to see that the sun was very close to the horizon. She sighed to herself. "Well, I think we should get to sleep. Now, to find a good spot to sleep…"

The girl eventually decided to sleep underneath a tree surrounded by some high bushes. Setting Chase down, Clare reached into her pack and took out her sleeping bag. The girl trainer laid it down and opened it up. Clare then snuggled into the folds and made herself comfortable. She smiled as Chase found himself a patch between her legs. She then closed her eyes. Just before she feel asleep, Clare felt a very cold wind rush over her and she brought her covers closer to herself to keep the warmth in.

Years
    Century - Congratulations, Zigzagoon has grown to level 5.

Charzeon - More updated levels.

Chase = level 12 (Chase learned Fake Out at level 9)
    Shinobi = level 11 (Shinobi learned Taunt at level 9)
    Spikes = level 8 (Spikes learned Focus Energy at level 7)
    Sparky = level 8 (Sparky learned Mud and Water Sport at level 6)

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Though Clare couldn't possibly say how, the girl knew that she was in a completely different place then where she was when she went to sleep. Perhaps it was the clear, fresh scent of water, or the fact that it seemed colder that gave the girl the hint she needed. But, no, it was neither of these things that made Clare think that she was in a different area. What caused her to realize this was the fact that her head was laid against something soft and she felt a hand lightly pet her head.

With a low groan, Clare slowly opened her eyes and, indeed, she was in front of a large, clear pond. The hand stopped it's movement when it felt the girl under it stirr, but it didn't go away right then. The girl looked around with her eyes and, when the truth of the situation finally made it's way to her sleep clouded brain, she quickly sat up. It was then that she realized a few things; one was that she was no longer in her sleeping bag, two was that her head had been on Sedna's lap. Clare blushed madly and moved to stand up but the beautiful woman gently placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, making her sit back down again.

"I know this might seem very strange and I'm sure your confused," Sedna said with a smile as she brought Clare over to her side, "but I just feel more comfortable if you are near water when you sleep."

"Wha-what?" Clare asked, indeed very confused.

"Just...promise me that you'll make camp near water whenever you travel and want to go to sleep," Sedna said, rubbing Clare's back like her mother would. "That way, I can keep a better eye on you."

Clare instantly felt more relax when Sedna started to rub her back, but the girl fought against the relaxed feeling she now got. "Um...you seem to be able to watch over me well enough with out me being next to water. I mean...you found me and brought me here...somehow..." Clare said, disbelief in her eyes. "So, what does it matter where I sleep? Also, why do you keep following me!?"

Sedna let out a soft sigh and, after she stopped rubbing the girl's back, wraped the same arm around Clare and brought the girl closer to herself. Clare blushed again but didn't say anything at first. However, when Sedna refused to say anything herself, the girl raised one of her hands to push herself away from the woman, and gasped. Her hand was covered in a light blue aura with some wisps of purple running along it. Clare looked down and was shocked to realize that her whole body was covered by the same blue/purple light. What's more, two white ribbons twisted around her body though they never touched her.

"That is the aura of a Chosen," Sedna said, bringing the girl's attention back to her. "Chosen are people, usually teenagers much like yourself, who's destinies have much to do with the world at large Because of that, the powers that be keep a close eye on the person of choice, hence the word 'Chosen'. The path of a Chosen is hard and long but, if they suceed, they will be able to change the world as they see fit, be it for good or not. I'm afraid that you also share this path."

Clare frowned deeply, both from confusion and because she was trying to figure it all out. The girl hated nothing more then an unsolved mystery! As if sening the girl's raising confusion and anger, Sendna kissed the girl's forehead and started to pet her hair again. "Please relax, my Chosen," the beautiful woman said. "The read maybe long, but there is no reason why you can't rest up now before continuing on your journey."

The girl wanted to say something, but a feeling or calmness and relaxation came over her and any of her arguements were blown away. Clare rested her head against Sedna's shoulder and just staid like that. The trainer noticed that Chase was curled up on the other side of Sedna, sleeping away happily, but she didn't make any kind of comment to it. The two humans just sat there for a long while before Sedna looked up at the sky and sighed.

"It seems I have kept you for long enough," Senda said as she slowly stood up, leaving a slightly startled and stunned Clare staring up at her. The beautiful woman turned her crimson eyes on the girl and smiled kindly at her. "Until next time, my Chosen."

Suddenly, there was a powerful burst of cold wind, making Clare shut her eyes tightly. When she opened them again, Sedna was gone. Chase took that time to crack open an eye. He grunted slightly before streaching his limbs. Clare just sighed at her starter before she located her pack under a near-by tree. The girl slide the pack onto her shoulders before she started to walk into the forest, Chase right behind her.

"Dear Mew...am I ever going to figure this stuff out?" Clare asked herself with a deep sigh.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2
    -
    Apocalyptic Dawn V2

Century and Zigzagoon continued through the vast Viridian Forest, heading toward their final destination of Pewter City. Although Zigzagoon had just battled, she was hurt, almost exhausted. However, she kept on trouncing around the forest, zigging and zagging in front of Century. In the background, he could hear someone yelling

"Alright Machop! Lets finish this Pikachu off for good!"

The voice echoed greatly throughout the forest, which attracted both Century and Zigzagoon, who walked closer and closer to where the echo was coming from. Upon sight, Century saw a man dressed in all black, and his pokemon which stood confidently in front of him, looking down at a wild, wounded Pikachu. Century held out his pokedex, which began to identify the wild Machop.

Apocalyptic Dawn V2

"Machop, the superpower pokemon.. It loves to work out and build its muscles. It is never satisfied, even if it trains hard all day long."​

Century's pokedex reads off, and the trainer spots Century after hearing his pokedex.

"Hey kid! Get out of here! This has nothing to do with you!" He yells at Century, who stares at the wounded Pikachu.

"I can't let you do that to a poor Pikachu!" Century speaks softly, almost inaudible as he unclips a pokeball from the inside of his jacket. "I'm afraid we're going to have to battle." He announces to the man dressed in black, who looks less than thrilled.

"Alright, but if we're going to do this, we're going to do it my way.. Two on two battling." He speaks, with a slight smile, before throwing out another pokeball, revealing a pokemon that Century was very familiar with.

Apocalyptic Dawn V2

"Geodude," Century thinks to himself, Weak to the grass type.. I have this one under control." He smirks, as his Zigzagoon looks at him, awaiting the confirm to go into battle.

"No, this isn't for you Zigzagoon." Century says, before unclipping two pokeballs from inside of his belt, before releasing them, revealing his two pokemon for battle, Caterpie and Budew.

"Alright, Caterpie, use string shot on Machop and Budew, use sleeping powder on Geodude!" Century calls out, and the two pokemon quickly oblige, hitting their opponents with their attacks. Caterpie begins wrapping the Machop up in string, slowing it down, as the opposing trainer calls out to his pokemon. Geodude begins to fall drowsy due to the sleeping powder distributed by Budew.

"Machop! Use Low Kick on Budew! Geodude, use Rock Throw on Caterpie!" He calls out, and his pokemon obey him, Machop flying at Budew foot first, before hitting with a direct hit, causing Budew to fly back a fair distance. Geodude, however, is slow to do his attack, and Caterpie manages to get out of the way.

"Budew! Get up and use Tackle on the Machop!, Caterpie, use String shot on the Geodude!" Century calls out once more, and the two pokemon oblige, Caterpie begins wrapping Geodude up in string and Budew slams itself into Machop, doing much damage as Machop staggers back."

"Alright! Use the same attacks!" The trainer calls out, and Machop repeats a Low Kick, this time slamming its foot into Caterpie, as the bug type pokemon goes flying into the air before slamming into the ground. However, Caterpie slowly makes it back up as Geodude hits Budew with a rock, causing the grass type to fall back, before getting up again.

"Budew! Sleep Powder! Now!" Century calls out, and Budew once again distributes sleeping powder throughout the air, this time landing Geodude asleep. Now use tackle on the Geodude! You too Caterpie!" Century calls out, before both pokemon charge into the rock type pokemon, hitting it simultaneously, smashing the Geodude down into a tree, knocking it out.

"Darn!" The opposing trainer calls out. "It's just up to me and you Machop! Use Low Kick on Caterpie!" He calls out, as Machop flies towards the Bug Type pokemon again, but this time, Caterpie manages to evade, as the Machop flies toward a tree, but stops himself.

"Budew! Caterpie! Tackle again!" Century calls out, and both of his pokemon fly toward the fighting type, knocking it into the tree and down to the ground, unable to move as Century and his two pokemon celebrate.

"My first victory as a pokemon trainer.. I can tell that there will be a lot more of those.." He grins to himself, as the opposing trainer recalls his pokemon, grumbling, before running into the forest as Century recalls his pokemon, and begins walking further into the forest, with his Zigzagoon at his side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back