• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Second to last day of Rival signups; get them in / complete them by tomorrow night. For anyone who's potentially new to this process, please don't be afraid to get involved. It's a lot of fun, and you have a great chance at winning. Many of our best submissions were from first-timers (Syrynn's Gym, Ghostly Phoenix's Gym, etc). Please PM me if you have any questions regarding the process, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

This is reserved for comments when I don't have to rush to school.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I just made huge progress on my Rival submission, adding up to Encounter 4 along with two special encounters, one which results in huge treasures! Go ahead and take a look!

EDIT: I have officially completed my Rival Submission!

Summary:

6 official encounters with battles against the rival
    2 special encounters, one in a tag battle with the rival.
    Final team that was built throughout the course of the game: Staraptor, Gengar, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Starmie, Metagross/Tyranitar/Garchomp
    Rival controls Regigigas for a brief period of time, but releases it in Encounter 5.
    Rival eventually leaves to travel to other regions.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey, just updating quickly: poll coming tomorrow, and results for E4 (4) as well. I know they were due today but oh well, I had a busy week. Consider Rival 2 (Criminal) officially open. Tomorrow's update will include additional info on this rival. Remember, I'll be participating this round to, meaning all submissions make it to the poll.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey guys, sorry I missed yesterday; I broke my arm right after I got back from my last class, and my day got kind of hectic after that. Anyways, here's your info as promised.
    =============================================
    POLL
    So this round, we had two incredible submissions; Eos Aduro and SkipShot, and obviously, both made it to the poll.

Eos Aduro -
    Skip Shot -

Remember this is a BOLD VOTE poll, votes not bolded won't count. Only vote once, and you can vote for your own submission.
    INFO
    Overview: A Rival associated with a criminal group (Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, etc.). This Rival is always fought when you encounter the criminal group. (EX: Jesse + James, Giovanni). This Rival can be the leader of a new group, a member of an old group, or whatever you can think of; be creative.

Pokemon Used: Changes based on the criminal group. (EX: Team Aqua uses Water pokemon or pokemon that can be interpreted as Water Pokemon, Team Rocket uses villanous or evil looking pokemon, etc.) Your not restricted to at type, but try and narrow it down a little.

Encounters
    First Encounter - Level 34-42 [Team Contains: 3 Pokemon]
    Second Encounter - Level 49-57 [Team Contains: 3 Pokemon]
    Third Encounter - Level 65-72 [Team Contains: 4 Pokemon]
    Fourth Encounter - Level 81-88 [Team Contains: 5 Pokemon]
    Fifth Encounter - Level 101-104 [Team Contains: 6 Pokemon]

The template remains consistent from the Hometown Rival. I may add another encounter for an Arceus battle.

Enjoy this round: I'm looking forward to your submissions.

In other words: ROUND 14: CRIMINAL RIVAL IS NOW OPEN!!!!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • This post will be reserved for my Criminal Rival Submission. I will continually update it as often as I can. I hope for some good feedback!

Special Item Index:

Spoiler:

Criminal Rival Assef
    <Criminal Rival>
    Varied Types

Introducing Team Missle

Spoiler:

First Encounter

Spoiler:

Note: During the First Encounter, Assef's Trainer class is Pokemon Trainer. From the Second Encounter onward, Assef's Trainer Class will be Missle Admin.

Second Encounter

Spoiler:

Third Encounter

Spoiler:

Fourth Encounter

Spoiler:

Fifth and Final Encounter

Spoiler:

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Since I don't really know what the plot was or where/when the Criminal Rival battles take place, I decided to throw in the sub-plot that I was using for Dariath Conference here. Cookie if you get the reference that's built in to the C.Rival's motives. If there's anything missing, let me know (preferably by PM, more for the fact that I'm aware that you need to contact me more than I want to keep the changes needed a secret - I have email notification of PMs on, and my thread notifications are turned off for large threads)

------

Anorith Leader Hibino Hikaru
    Criminal Rival
    Type: Bug

Post-Gym Warning

Spoiler:

Encounter 1

Spoiler:

Encounter 1 Strategy

Spoiler:

Encounter 2

Spoiler:

Encounter 2 Strategy

Spoiler:

Encounter 3

Spoiler:

Encounter 3 Strategy

Spoiler:

Encounter 4

Spoiler:

Encounter 4 Strategy

Spoiler:

Encounter 5

Spoiler:

Encounter 5 Strategy

Spoiler:

------

Yes, Shedinja and Ninjask can know dig. I have a Ninjask and a Shedinja that know Dig on Emerald, all you need is a Nincada and the TM.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Ohoho, new group? Well then, this'll be interesting. I was always complimented for making some pretty nasty villains. And Arceus will be involved without having it feel unusual.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Well, either new group or a callback to an old one.

Team Anorith, just to point out, took the name because (a) it sounded cool, and (b ) the founder specializes in the Bug type. [Admin 1] and [Admin 2] may just be former Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic execs.

Oh, and before I forget, my vote for hometown Rival goes to Skip Shot

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • That is a waaaay smooth rival raekuul! You inspire me to the extreme! :-D

@ Maci, are you ok? It's kind of Chuck Norris worthy if you break your arm just to shrug it off just like that D:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • That is a waaaay smooth rival raekuul! You inspire me to the extreme! :-D

@ Maci, are you ok? It's kind of Chuck Norris worthy if you break your arm just to shrug it off just like that D:

I agree with Opposite here. I've had 2 eye injuries in the past, and there was no way I could shrug those off. :/

I've updated my Criminal Rival submission, which now includes the full plan of Team Missle. I made a change to the Brass Knuckles item, and the team is slowing starting to build. (Cookie and juice box 0.0 to anyone that can guess the inspiration of Assef's team).

EDIT: Vote time! I'd like to vote for my (Skip Shot's) Hometown Rival, becaue I feel that the rival should be incorporated into the storyline, and not stand apart. Eos really only connected his rival to the game's plot in the Registeel storyline.

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I'm liking how Skip Shot's C.Rival is shaping out, and I really liked how the Heatran was worked into the battle team.

If I didn't have Hibino Hikaru of Team Anorith to support, I'd really like to see Assef in the final game.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • raekuul, I really like the storyline of Team Anorith and how it plays out. The team progression is also great. The only thing I see missing is a possible team strategy for the final two submissions, which is important to this hack. Otherwise, its a great submission, and I'd like to see some more of your work in the upcoming rival rounds!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Here is my Criminal Rival, and I'll be editing this really soon, so yeah. Anyone have a good title for the last one? I don't want to use "Enel Leader" For the last round, since he unofficially betrays the team.

Introduction of Team Enel.

Spoiler:

Round 1

Spoiler:

Round 2

Spoiler:

Round 3

Spoiler:

Round 4

Spoiler:

Round 5

Spoiler:

Oh, and before I forget again, I'm voting for Skip Shot's Rival.

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Strategies for encounters 4 and 5 added; moveset for Beedrill in 5 modified a little.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Wow these criminal submissions are coming in, and they're great! Im voting for Skip Shot's hometown rival, sorry eos

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Well, seems Im down for the count, might as well vote for Skip Shot! Skip, we really should make one together, we collaborate and we'd be invincable!

I will TRY extremely hard to get an entry in for criminal because I have a sick idea, but Im SWAMPED school wise, I might not be able to.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Well, seems Im down for the count, might as well vote for Skip Shot! Skip, we really should make one together, we collaborate and we'd be invincable!

I will TRY extremely hard to get an entry in for criminal because I have a sick idea, but Im SWAMPED school wise, I might not be able to.

I totally agree on the collaboration part! It would be awesome if we did a collaboration on the free rival.

EDIT: My Criminal Rival is officially finished!

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am thrilled at the action this round is getting; 3 complete submissions already by day three. I'll be commenting on them individually later, but they are all exceptional. I am so glad to have a new face, Raekuul, and it looks like you're going to be fantastic (your first submission already is). Bythe way Skip, I thought I recognized that team =P

Reserving this post for my Criminal Rival.

Introducing Team Maelstrom
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Added the Post-Gym warning that everyone else seems to be including, but I don't really expect it to fly very well here.

Also reposting said edit here.

Spoiler:

Back