• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Hmm... Yes, I think I know how I'm going to handle Daichi now. One contest member, the rest are battle members.

Although why Kobayashi Daichi is participating in contests is beyond me...

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Maci, it seems like a lot of people love your idea and are doing their own projects here now (course they don't match up to this project lol). I would do one, but I have no hacking skills, so it pretty much goes nowhere :/

Either way, I decided that doing the contest rival is something not in my league (which is competitive battling like what goes on in S+M, not really Cool/Cute/Tough/etc.) I'm going to go ahead and work up a Free Rival submission starting today. I forgot whether it was Zeta or Eos that wanted to collaborate, but we can start working on it whenever you're ready.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Likewise, I have ultimately decided that the person I was going to make as the Contest Rival is now going to be a factor in my Free Rival submission. There are just too many things to take into consideration with the Contest Rival, most of which are factors that I never need to consider or my normal style of play, for me to be able to handle it properly.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Here's my Contest Rival entry

Name: Pkmn. Rival Brent

Appearance: Brent is skinny with a dark blue shirt on, his hair is black and curly, and his skin is tan. He wears white shorts and glasses as well. His pose is that of standing with his hands behind his back with a smile on his face.

Opening Speech: So you have come to challenge the contests, eh newbie? Well, don't press your luck. If you really think you can win, you have another thing coming. Are you sure you still want to compete?

(Yes/No)

If No: Heh, that's a good boy/girl. Get out of the way. (Player walks to the left, Brent walks into the contest hall.)

If Yes: What!? So, you think you can make it in a contest!? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm going to beat you, and show you why you don't mess with a co-ordinator!

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 26 Roselia (Item: Leftovers) (Lead: Spiker)
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Sex: Male
    Moves: HP Grass, Spikes, Leech Seed, Substitute
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 28 Milotic [Nickname: Siren] (Item: Choice Specs) (Sweeper: Choice)
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Sex: Female
    Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, HP Electric, Hypnosis
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: Wh-what!? Impossible! I never lost before!

Final Words: Tch, that was beginner's luck. I didn't even try during that fight. I gave you the victory. Be thankful I didn't crush you, because I considered it.

ROUND 2

Appearance: Brent is skinny with a dark blue shirt on, his hair is black and curly, and his skin is tan. He wears white shorts and glasses as well. His pose is that of standing with his hands behind his back with a smile on his face.

Opening Speech: I see you're back… I'm not going to lose this time, I won't go down again in the world, due to mercy. You are a trainer, you aren't allowed to be a co-ordinator, and you will pay for trying to multi-task them, I swear it.

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 40 Roselia (Item: Leftovers) (Lead: Spiker)
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: HP Grass, Spikes, Leech Seed, Substitute
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 40 Flygon (Item: Life Orb) (Physical Sweeper: Life Orb, Physical)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Earthquake, Roost, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge
    EVs: 32 HP/ 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spd

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 39 Rapidash (Item: Focus Sash) (Support: Baton Pass)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Agility, Baton Pass, Flare Blitz, Substitute
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 42 Milotic [Nickname: Siren] (Item: Choice Specs) (Sweeper: Choice)
    Ability: Marvel Scale

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: BLAST! How could I have lost again!?

Final Words: I can't believe this! How did I lose!? I gave it more then before! That's it! Next time, I will send you home, you haven't heard the last of Brent!

ROUND 3

Opening Speech: So, you decided to come, eh trainer? Well, let me tell you something, no one here likes you since you're doing both. We want you gone, and I will beat you until you agree to leave.

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 57 Roserade (Item: Focus Sash) (Lead: Lead)
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Sleep Powder, Toxic Spikes, Leaf Storm, HP Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 57 Flygon (Item: Life Orb) (Physical Sweeper: Life Orb, Physical)

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 56 Rapidash (Item: Focus Sash) (Support: Baton Pass)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 59 Milotic [Nickname: Siren] (Item: Choice Specs) (Sweeper: Choice)

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: I can't believe this…

Final Words: … I really can't believe it. I gave everything I had, and I lost to you, the noob. I should have been able to win with my team being so much superior to yours, but you utterly thrashed me. Just know, I will win next time.

ROUND 4

Opening Speech: You again!? I can't believe this! What do you have against me!? No! I will not allow this… this obscene gesture you keep giving me! You insult the stage with your presence! I will not stand for this!

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 76 Roserade (Item: Focus Sash) (Lead: Lead)

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 76 Flygon (Item: Life Orb) (Physical Sweeper: Life Orb, Physical)
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spd

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 75 Regirock (Item: Leftovers) (Physical Wall: Tank)
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Clear Body
    Sex: Genderless
    Moves: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 75 Rapidash (Item: Focus Sash) (Support: Baton Pass)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 78 Milotic [Nickname: Siren] (Item: Choice Specs) (Sweeper: Choice)

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: I lost again? This can't be!

Final Words: NO! This was my full power! This was my limit! How could I have lost to you!? There's only one man I ever lost to at full power, and you are far weaker! I will not accept this. I can't ever win, can I?

ROUND 5

Appearance: Brent is skinny with a dark blue jacket, with a white shirt on underneath, his hair is black and messy, more out there then before, and his skin is tan. He wears tan pants and he lost his glasses. His pose is him holding a poke ball with his right, and his left being in his pocket.

Opening Speech: Brent: This is it, scum! This is the ultimate contest! I will totally destroy you, noob!

Jon: I have had enough of this… this insult!

Brent: What are you doing here!? You're not here to sign up for the contest!

Jon: Maybe not, but I am here to tell you to stop acting like a kid.

Brent: Look who's talking, Mr. Mario cosplayer!

Jon: If you don't stop this nonsense, you are going to be expelled from the co-ordination league. They're considering banning you from it, you know.

Brent: You don't scare me! I'm going to win! Let's go, (Name)!

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 96 Roserade (Item: Focus Sash) (Lead: Lead)

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 94 Claydol (Item: Leftovers) (Support: Utility)
    Nature: Bold
    Moves: Rapid Spin, Toxic, Earth Power, Shadow Ball
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 96 Flygon (Item: Life Orb) (Physical Sweeper: Life Orb, Physical)

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 95 Regirock (Item: Leftovers) (Physical Wall: Tank)
    Nature: Careful
    Moves: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 95 Rapidash (Item: Focus Sash) (Support: Baton Pass)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 98 Milotic [Nickname: Siren] (Item: Choice Specs) (Sweeper: Choice)

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: NOOO! My pokemon have been defeated yet again!? How is this possible!? I broke the limit!

Final Words (Event): Brent: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How did I lose!? I hate losing! I HATE IT! I'm tired of losing to this… Trainer trash! I will get back at you, mark my words! I WILL RETURN!!!

Jon: (Walks in) That's it! As of right now, you are not allowed to participate in any Pokemon Contests in this, or any other city in ____

Brent: WHAT!? You can't do that! You're only a Gym Leader!

Jon: I can, because I'm a Gym Leader. The Pokemon League runs Pokemon Contests, and Gym Leaders have the authorization to ban trainers that need to be banned. And you desperately need it. You're taking this too seriously, and soon enough, you'll be spewing death threats.

Brent: I will not let you spew nonsense like that! You can't ban me! I will get you back for this! I can beat you in battle! I will not give it up!

Jon: Fine then, face me out on Route (Whatever route the city is close to). If you win, I won't ban you, but if you lose, you're out.

Brent: Fine! I will meet you there as soon as I leave! (Both walk away)

(Pokemon Center)

Brent: (Facing towards table) How did I lose to that weakling? (Faces trainer) Go away. (Turns back)

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Reserving this post for poll results and in-depth comments. Just one thing; I agree with ya Skip Shot, this is the best of the projects (and the original)!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hey, all. Just when you thought I was gone... Anyway, I like how this is progressing. Skip and Dimentio are adding a lot to this. Very nice, gentlemen(?).

Am I right in thinking that we're voting on Criminal Rival right now?

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey, sorry for the lateness; unbelievably busy weekend. Anyways, as promised I have results and the opening!
    =========================================
    Poll Time
    This was an okay round; only two submissions due to the difficulty of it, but we work with what we got, and what we got is great stuff for this round =]. Anyways, the poll for this round is between the two submissions:

Gold1222's Contest Submission
    Zeta Dimentio's Contest Submission

Click on the links to view them.

Remember, if you didn't participate in this round you are still allowed to vote on submissions. Participants can vote for themselves, as well as their opponent. Most importantly, Private Message me your vote; this is to avoid voting trends. You can trust that I will fairly post the winner of each round. Votes posted in this thread will not count, you must PM me them.
    Results
    The winner of this round is: Zeta Dimentio. Congradulations!

The round was close: it was a three way tie for second place with Zeta Dimentio coming out on top by one vote. For the first time in a while its not Skippy =P. Anyways onto the new round!
    Round 16: Free Rival Submissions
    Let me preface this by saying that this is the final rival round and it will likely be the most competitive yet. Bring your all to this; I'm giving you a lot of room for creativity. This was originally the last round of the project, but no longer is as we are going on to a set of challenges in the Battle Frontier which will be a 4 round process. Onto the information you need.

Basic Information: This is the last rival in the process. It is completely your choice as to how many times you encounter it, what pokemon it uses, etc. I'm giving you a lot of creative control here, so have fun with it!

Pokemon Used: Completely up to you. Do keep it within reason; don't have Kyogre on the first encounter. The whole hack is supposed to be challenging but facing a level 100 Mewtwo as the first encounter can be rather...disheartening.

Level Ranges: Completely up to you, though in the final encounter, the strongest pokemon may not exceed level 111. Again, keep it within reason; no level 105s on the first encounter, don't have a full party of 6 on the first encounter, etc., etc.

Remember: Competitive Movesets & Pictures are required, here's where they can be found.

Sprites

www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html - This is the site I use for most pictures: you can get them quite fast.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page - Bulbapedia is great for a wide variety of things. You also get access to HG/SS on this site, which you cannot do on the first site.

Competitive Movesets

www.smogon.com - Easy, quick access to competitive movesets. Search the pokemon's name and look for a moveset that fits the team.

www.serebii.com - If the pokemon has been featured under Pokemon of the Day, you can get competetive movesets about them.

Obviously, there are also competitive movesets to be found on Pokecommunity.

I'm hoping for some new faces this round as well; new people have brought amazing things to this process, and remember that everyone started as a newbie to at the beginning of the project back in October. When we get into the Battle Frontier, everyone will once again be a newbie, so that's another chance to enter in and get your feet wet.

In other words: THE LAST ROUND OF RIVAL SUBMISSIONS IS NOW OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Updated the OP.

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    ... it was a three way tie?

Crap, if I hadn't voted the way I did then that means we'd be doing a tie-breaker... Oh well, live and learn.

This means that I do have potential... Yes, I will work hard on this coming round.

er, quick question. How early is the required Town-With-International-Access? This can and will influence a number of things about my Free Rival idea, the most important of which is the teams used, their levels, and the number of encounters.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Zeta had an amazing submission, so overall I'm happy that he got in. Looks like my streak was killed, but hopefully Eos Aduro and I can get this amazing Free Rival into the hack!

Currently, Eos and I have determined a team to build to throughout five encounters, reaching no higher than level 105. We've also brought in a whole new miniplot, and what is probably the first female criminal rival since Shiny Gold!

We will be updating this post as we decide on speeches for encounters throughout the process. Any criticism and remarks are appreciated!

Skip Shot and Eos Aduro present:

Free Rival: Mad Scientist Kamika
    Type: Varied

Description: Kamika is about 50 years old, and wears her gray hair in a ponytail on her back. She has a violet lab coat over a light purple shirt and grey pants. She also has white glasses with hypnotic blue rings in the lenses (For you XD fans out there, the glasses are very similar to Chobin's). Kamika's battle pose shows her holding a scanner in one hand with a Pokeball in the other.

First Encounter:

Spoiler:

Second Encounter:

Spoiler:

Third Encounter

Spoiler:

Fourth Encounter

Spoiler:

Fifth Encounter

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Great entry so far; you make a powerful team. I would like to remind you that the hack is supposed to be extremely challenging. Your level ranges are fine, but unless it somehow screws with your plot, can you evolve / change some of the pokemon (in the second encounter) to make it so? That's all for now, I look forward to the rest of the rival, and also to all the other submissions that I suspect are coming in =].

EDIT: Raekuul: What do you mean "Town-With-International-Access"? Give an example of one so that I can help you =]

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Vermillion, Olivine... basically anywhere with a port would be good. An airport is good too, if we're inland. Anywhere where it wouldn't be uncommon to see someone from another region.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Great entry so far; you make a powerful team. I would like to remind you that the hack is supposed to be extremely challenging. Your level ranges are fine, but unless it somehow screws with your plot, can you evolve / change some of the pokemon (in the second encounter) to make it so? That's all for now, I look forward to the rest of the rival, and also to all the other submissions that I suspect are coming in =].

I suppose we could evolve Magnemite into a Magneton in the second encounter or Porygon into Porygon2. We don't want to change the Pokemon because the team is going to build up to an offensive team using "scientist-used" Pokemon mostly, so we want to build up to that point. Don't worry, we have huge level gaps in the next encounters, so it will be a greater challenge.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    This post will be reserved for my entry. When does the Contest Rival Poll end?
    Free Rival Entry
    Pokemon Trainer: Tabitha (F)
    Type: Varied
    Encounters: 7
    Appearance: She has the same clothes as May does. The red is pink though. She is tall and skinny. Her age is 14. She has long brunette hair. She wears sunglasses only on the first and second encounters.

Encounter 1-
    Spoiler:

Encounter 2-
    Spoiler:

Encounter 3-
    Spoiler:

Encounter 4-
    Spoiler:

Ecounter 5-
    Spoiler:

Encounter 6-
    Spoiler:

Encounter 7-
    Spoiler:

*By the way, try to give Tabitha's battles Cyrus's battle Music from Platinum if you can. This makes the battles so much better, (to me at least).

Now completely finished!:D

The airport. Pink=Event Light Blue=Battle Frontier Plane
    View attachment 52242

Last edited:

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    I am back! lol um i was wondering with the Free Rival, how could I incooperate it that you meet him on some random route? I mean idk...just like what route numbers can I use I guess.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I wasn't going to do this, but I decided to do it. I'm entering a free rival, and he is the one who Brent referenced. Also, I realised that you could add in a little story. Unless it is only for the Hometown Rival thing, of course.

EDIT: Decided to add in a little side story after the final Rival Battle, hope it's okay.

ROUND 1 (Takes Place just before the 4th Gym)
    Name: Master Pkmn. Trainer David E.

Appearance: David has long blonde hair, tied into a rat's tail to keep out of his eyes. His skin is tan, and he wears shades. He wears a white long-sleeved shirt, and his pants are dark gray. His battle pose is him holding a pokeball with his left hand, with his right hand behind his back.

Opening Speech: So, you are someone who follows their dreams, eh? Well... this might be interesting after all. You remind me of my younger brother. Well, shall we begin?

Team:

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 35 Infernape (Item: Focus Sash) (Moveset: LeadApe) (Position: Anti-Lead)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Naive[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Blaze[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Male[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Fakeout, Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Close Combat[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spd[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 35 Shaymin (Ground) (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support Shaymin) (Position: Support)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Bold[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Natural Cure[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Genderless[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Seed Flare, Rest, Aromatherapy, HP Fire[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 36 Lucario (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Swords Dance) (Position: Physical Sweeper)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Adamant[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Inner Focus[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Female[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd[/FONT]

Strategy:

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: … Hmm.

Final Words: Hmm... that was a good fight. I am impressed. You're not bad, but you still have a lot of improvement. I hope to see you improve in the future, because I won't always hold back to this extent.

ROUND 2 (Takes place just before 6th Gym)
    Name: Master Pkmn Trainer: David E.

Appearance: David has long blonde hair, tied into a rat's tail to keep out of his eyes. His skin is tan, and he wears shades. He wears a white long-sleeved shirt, and his pants are dark gray. His battle pose is him holding a pokeball with his left hand, with his right hand behind his back.

Opening Speech: So you're still a trainer, eh? Well, this fight will be fun. This time, I won't hold back... as much. Prepare for a fight you won't forget, (Name)

Team:

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 50 Infernape (Item: Focus Sash) (Moveset: LeadApe) (Position: Anti-Lead)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Naive[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Blaze[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Male[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Fakeout, Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Close Combat[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spd[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 50 Shaymin (Ground) (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support Shaymin) (Position: Support)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Bold[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Natural Cure[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Genderless[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Seed Flare, Rest, Aromatherapy, HP Fire[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 50 Kingdra (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Rain Dance (Mixed) (Position: Special Sweeper)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Naughty[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Swift Swim[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Rain Dance, Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 52 Lucario (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Swords Dance) (Position: Physical Sweeper)[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nature: Adamant[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ability: Inner Focus[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sex: Female[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Moves: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd[/FONT]

Strategy:

Spoiler:

Closing Speech:

Final Words: Once again, you were a great fighter, and you managed to beat me. That is worthy of praise in itself. But remember, next time, I will not hold back as much as I did today. Maybe you'll see how powerful I truly am someday.

ROUND 3 (Takes Place before 1st Round Elite 4)

Opening Speech: Heh, I never thought I'd see you here. By the way, I saw another trainer looking for you. He looked pretty powerful, so I thought to find you first. Are you ready? This time, I'm only holding back a little bit, so be careful.

T[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]eam: [/FONT]

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 86 Infernape (Item: Focus Sash) (Moveset: LeadApe) (Position: Anti-Lead)
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Fakeout, Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Close Combat
    EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spd

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 85 Metagross (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Tank) (Position: Tank)
    Nature: Impish
    Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Light Screen, Explosion
    EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 86 Shaymin (Ground) (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support Shaymin) (Position: Support)
    Moves: Seed Flare, Rest, Aromatherapy, HP Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 86 Kingdra (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Rain Dance (Mixed) (Position: Special Sweeper)
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Rain Dance, Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor
    EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 88 Lucario (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Swords Dance) (Position: Physical Sweeper)
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Strategy:

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: Heh, congratulations.

Final Words: I'll let you get back onto your journey. Make me proud and become the Champion, and maybe we will meet again. Next time, I will not hold back, so if you wish to challenge me, you'd better break the limits of your pokemon, or else.

FINAL ROUND (Takes place after the 2nd Storm Battle in a cave dungeon that is accessible only after Storm.)

Beginning of Cave: ?: Wahaha! Soon the legendary Groudon shall be awoken.

?(2): Heh, finally. Now we can get back at Team Enel for abandoning us.

?: Yeah, let's go in. I can't wait. (Walks in)

?(2): Hey, wait up! (Runs after other guy.)

Opening Speech: This whole time, I followed your progress. You performed admirably against the Gyms, against the Elite Four, against Master-Champion Storm, and me, a champion-level trainer. You took down Rei and stopped his mad plans, but now... can you face your final challenge? Can you face me in one last fight? Let's find out. Get ready, because I'm not holding back!

Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Infernape (Item: Focus Sash) (Moveset: LeadApe) (Position: Anti-Lead)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Metagross (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Tank) (Position: Tank)
    Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Light Screen, Explosion
    EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Shaymin (Ground) (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support Shaymin) (Position: Support)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Latias (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support) (Position: 2nd Support)
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Recover, Roar, Reflect
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Kingdra (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Rain Dance (Mixed) (Position: Special Sweeper)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Lucario (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Swords Dance) (Position: Physical Sweeper)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Ice Punch
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Strategy:

Spoiler:

Closing Speech: Incredible, you managed to trump me in battle. I wish I could reward you with a badge, but unfortunately I can't.

Final Words: David: So, you beat me this time, eh? Well, you have truly proven yourself as one of the most powerful trainers in the world. I am impressed. Truly, truly impressed with what you managed to do. With so little time, you managed to defeat many opponents, easy and tough. Rei, Storm and myself as examples. You managed to make a name for yourself almost as quickly as I did. Hopefully my little brother can follow your example. Heh, and once again, congratulations. I'm going to be leaving now.

(Room begins to shake)

David: What the?

GRRRRRR

(Suddenly Groudon appears)

Groudon: ROOOAR!

David: What's going on!?

?: Hahaha!

? (2): We did it! We finally woke it up!

(Two people run in)

David: Who are you?

?: Heh, you dare ask our names? Very well, I'm Marcus!

? (2): I'm Drake, nice to meet you both.

Marcus: Your fight woke up the legendary Groudon. Now that it's free, we can use it to conquer the entire planet!

Drake: Let's not forget complete annihilation of the northern ice caps, after all, we want to be at the top of the world, and it would be too much of a hassle to live in the cold.

Both: Hahaha!

David: We have to stop them, if we lose the northern ice caps, then we're going to loose a lot of water, and lives.

Drake: Heh, I don't think so. Master Ball, go!

(Groudon disappears into the Master Ball)

Drake: Let's go, Marcus!

(The two run out of the room)

David: Let's hurry up and catch them.

(First room of dungeon)

David: Hey you, stop!

Drake: Aww, look at that, they think we can be stopped. We have the power of a God on our side, so if I were you, I'd just go back into the cave.

Marcus: Yeah, we have been searching for Groudon ever since we were kicked out by Team Enel, now we have it, and we will rule the planet.

David: I'm the ex-champion of Johto, I think I can handle you.

Drake: Fine then! We shall fight a double battle! You and the kid vs. Marcus and I. The winners walk out alive.

David: Fine.

Marcus: Let's go!

Drake's Appearance: Drake is a thin man who wears a red and black flannel with a black shirt underneath and blue pants. His hair is black, and slicked back.

Marcus' Appearance: Marcus is a muscular man who wears a brown jacket with the front open, and no shirt underneath. He wears black pants, and his hair is blonde, and is a little messy.

David's Team:

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Infernape (Item: Focus Sash) (Moveset: LeadApe) (Position: Anti-Lead)

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Shaymin (Ground) (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Support Shaymin) (Position: Support)
    Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Kingdra (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Rain Dance (Mixed) (Position: Special Sweeper)

Marcus' Team

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Skarmory (Item: Shed Shell) (Moveset: Spiker) (Position: Lead 1)
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Brave Bird, Roost, Spikes, Whirlwind
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Blissey (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Wish!Bliss) (Position: Wall/Support)
    Nature:
    Moves: Wish, Protect, Flamethrower, Toxic
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpD

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Flygon (Item: Leftovers) (Moveset: Toxic Stall) (Position: Support)
    Moves: Toxic, Roost, Earthquake, Fire Blast
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe

Drake's Team

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Mamoswine (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Physical Attacker) (Position: Lead 2/Sweeper)
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stone Edge, Superpower
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Scizor (Item: Choice Band) (Moveset: Choice Band) (Position: Sweeper)
    Ability: Technician
    Moves: U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 111 Groudon (Item: Life Orb) (Moveset: Rock Polish) (Position: Special Sweeper 2)
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Rock Polish, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Swords Dance
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spe

Strategy: These two are a double battle, so this might be tough. Marcus is more of a supporting team, while Drake has the sweeping team. Let's start with Marcus. No full strategy for them, but individual strategies only.

Marcus' Team:
    Spoiler:

Drake's Team:
    Spoiler:

Closing Words: Drake:Wh-what!? How could we lose!? My pokemon should have sweeped you up!
    Marcus: No! My support was shattered!

Final Words: Drake: N-no! I can't believe this! How did we lose!? We are some of the most powerful people in the world! We have some of the most powerful pokemon you can find! HOW DID WE LOSE!?

Marcus: Uh-oh... boss!

Drake: Feh, this Groudon wasn't worth the trouble. I'm going to get you back for this, even if I have to wait a hundred years!

David: As Ex-Champion of Johto, I have the authority to arrest you for your crimes. You two aren't going anywhere, unless you would like to be chased down by my Lucario.

Drake: ... Feh, I guess we're cornered. Heh, I already released Groudon, it probably dug underground to get more sleep.

Marcus: I don't want to go to prison.

David: Let's go, you two.

(The three walk out of the cave)

(Unknown Area)

?1: It seems as though they failed. It is unfortunate. All three of my pawns: Rei, Marcus, and Drake have failed.

?2: Sir, what does this mean?

?1: We'll have to wait. This may not be a problem. But keep an eye on the Champion, he/she might be useful to us later. If the project has any hope of salvation, that is.

If you return later, you can catch Groudon.

Project: Creating a Pokemon LeagueLv. 70 Groudon
    Nature: Random
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Eruption, Fire Blast, Fissure, Rest
    EVs: None

And out in the sea somewhere, in a cave underwater, there is another... awoken by Groudon's own awakening.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League Lv. 70 Kyogre
    Nature: Random
    Ability: Drizzle
    Moves: Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Sheer Cold, Rest
    EVs: None

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Zeta, you're following a very competitive team based rival this time, which I like. Of course if this was the RMT section your team would be torn apart but luckily the mods there don't care :) (But seriously tbh if DD/MixMence could get up to level 111 your team would be toast, epsecially if Kingdra doesn't have Rain Dance up yet.)

Anyways, Eos and I have finished our third encounter, are finalizing our fourth, and have a massive plan drafted for the final encounter. We've also decided that no Pokemon on our team will be higher than level 105, and have updated our post with the third encounter. Feel free to criticize!

Back