• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Nonononono.

The Doctor is the RH mod, Harry.

-facepalm-

And yeah, I think you should concentrate more on mapping and scripting > spriting if you're aiming to get in Prog. Hacks before the closure of the Scrapbox. :/

I must say, I do agree with The Master. We really need to get into Prog. Hacks. Then we can work on the sprites. I want this hack to stay alive.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I must say, I do agree with The Master. We really need to get into Prog. Hacks. Then we can work on the sprites. I want this hack to stay alive.

Thats why ive made screenies and am currently waiting on a response from both Okutank and Antony La over whether we can be moved OK? I'm going to work on more screenies (I think we need 4). I don't know how I can give scripting evidence...

Any comments on region info or that screenshot I did do?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    thats nice :)

PS. hmmmm your gonna need 5 IN GAME screen shots :)
    that means just the mapping will not be able to do it... maybe the player moving around in the map?

Hey when u planning on moving?

I have my 5 screenshots now :)
    but i'm gonna wait on moving :)

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    To show scripting you could make a video to show of some of the things you have done.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    thats nice :)

PS. hmmmm your gonna need 5 IN GAME screen shots :)
    that means just the mapping will not be able to do it... maybe the player moving around in the map?

Hey when u planning on moving?

I have my 5 screenshots now :)
    but i'm gonna wait on moving :)

Hmm . . . I thought it was only 4 you needed . . . Then again I may be wrong . . .

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    To show scripting you could make a video to show of some of the things you have done.

No :) all you need is a screenshot of someone talking :P

Hmm . . . I thought it was only 4 you needed . . . Then again I may be wrong . . .

Yea I'm pretty sure it's 5 :)

Can i help spriting some legendaries?

Well, I'm in no position to reject you, but if u read some of the earlier post they said thay don't want more spriters :)

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Well not trying to take Cynics leadership role (sorry) . . . but I asked her for some proof and she provided me with this . . .

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
    Interesting hack, hope you finish.

Last edited:

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I hope this gets finished.. I found myself visiting repeatedly, i dunno why?? But yea anyway .
    FOR ANYONE THATS SPRITING THIS IS A HACK WHICH MEANS YOUR SPRITES CANNOT EXCEED 64,64 PIXELS...VERY IMPORTANT:)

Anyway I hope u finish I want to play:)It may be a good idea to get some of the mapping and scripting out the way

The Cynic

Years
    OK screenies will be done by this thursday/friday GMT. Would do them sooner but am bogged down with work, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2012
    I feel like the octillery evo should look more like a giant squid with some canons on it sorta like wartortle to blastoise

<>*Ralts*<>

I can't Raltz anymore...
    Years
    Um, Cynic...I could do the tiling for you before you're screens...It'll be fast I promise um, well just send what citys/towns/caves you need tiled then ill do that!

~Raltz FTW :O

I feel like the octillery evo should look more like a giant squid with some canons on it sorta like wartortle to blastoise

@Suaqua: um? (spcaefiller) (spacefiller)

OK screenies will be done by this thursday/friday GMT. Would do them sooner but am bogged down with work, sorry.

@Cynic: Yeah, well ignore my post above the quotes...you should really do this before anything!!

I hope this gets finished.. I found myself visiting repeatedly, i dunno why?? But yea anyway .
    FOR ANYONE THATS SPRITING THIS IS A HACK WHICH MEANS YOUR SPRITES CANNOT EXCEED 64,64 PIXELS...VERY IMPORTANT:)

Anyway I hope u finish I want to play:)It may be a good idea to get some of the mapping and scripting out the way

@DarthVB100: You're addictied O.o, lol YES! no exceeding 64", 64' pixels! IT WON'T FIT :O

Well not trying to take Cynics leadership role (sorry) . . . but I asked her for some proof and she provided me with this . . .

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

@RedBaron474:Um, yeah look at my qoute at the bottom. lol

You should post an example that you have made. Then maybe The Cynic will accept you.

@PKstorm (lol): *Look At Qoute Below*

No :) all you need is a screenshot of someone talking :P

Yea I'm pretty sure it's 5 :)

Well, I'm in no position to reject you, but if u read some of the earlier post they said thay don't want more spriters :)

@DG: yesh it's 5 for shure, and well, YOU DO? ROFL, someone talking...

Can i help spriting some legendaries?

@kittykitten: um, the sprites you provided are just the eveelutions O.o...And you could of just got them from some site, please post REAL sprites made from you.

Last edited:

The Cynic

Years
    situation update

Right, those secreenies will be posted Friday cos thats them done now. I'd do it now but imagshack is really getting on my nerves by lagging ALL THE TIME!!! So i'll upload them den when I have time to wait for it to get its act together.

I will then get The Doctor or somone to move this to progressing hacks.

Once its there, business will resume as normal and I will comment on all your hard work spriting etc. and upload my sketches that require spritefying. Personally I think getting rid of the Scrapbox is an awful thing to do. I know this isn't the place to say this, there is a thread for this subject, but the scrapbox is essential to any hack developer. I couldn't have got to where I am without the help of other dedicated hackers. I wouldn't be able to get as far as progressing hacks on ideas and sketches alone. The mods and admin are justifying the scrapping by saying that it was filled with spam and didn't follow the rules. This is unfair to those people who follow the rules and do not spam. What should instead by put in place is stricter rules and regulations. If a thread dosn't follow the rules... close and delete within 7 days. That would cut down on spam and ensure that people who are truly dedicated still can demonstrate their hacking prowess and seek advice in those crucial early stages. Hey, even Zel, Wesley, Destinjagold, Antony La and other "pro hackers" had to start somewhere. They might not have started off in the Scrapbox, but what the Scarpbox does is encourage fresh thought and hacking talent. It brings about the creation of the next ShinyGold or Reign of Legneds (which by the way everyone should try - the best hack out there right now in my opinion is Light Platinum by Wesley FG). Those in the Sands of Time team are all incredibly talented individuals and I would have found them or their skills without the Scrapbox. It is, or was, a fantastic medium for fresh thought and talent. In fact, if I had more time I would be starting a petition to save the scrapbox. As it is I am unfortunately swamped with work and so I must take the rather egoist apporoach of saving this hack first. And saved it shall be!

Anyway, I'l stop rambling now. The screenies will be uploaded Friday (GMT) and then we will be eligible for move to progressing hacks. Hooray! :) The hack will be saved. Then its back to business and spriting. How long does a move to progressing take? Maybe a kind, passing mod could explain. I certainly don't want to miss the deadline. And I mean no offense by my little rant earlier to any mods, I just wanted to express my opinion and I'm sure yours are all just as valid.

Also, kittykitten, like Ralts said perhaps you could sprite a legendary (maybe dragon-esque) to demonstrate your hacking skills (although those eveelutions are superb!). Then I will decide whether to take you on. But, judging on your work already it seems you are a very talented spriter indeed. Some people might by yelling at their screens right now "Hang on a minute there!!! You said you didn't want any more spriters!!!". While that was true previously, there have been recent changes. BlastoKing has unfortunately left Pokecommunity forever (or so he says) and I wish him the very best in whatever he is doing now. On the upside it means we may be able to squeeze in kittykitten seing as you have impressed myself and RedBaron (who is on holiday/vacation btw) with your spriting skills. Just have an attempt at a legendary and I'l give you my verdict. Try your very best and, judging by those eveelutions, it sure to be great! Just use your imagination. It probably wont be used, as I already have the concepts for the legendar(y/ies) but it will give us a chance to see your skills. Don't be too upset if we turn you down as:
    a) you can always try improving your design before returning to us
    b) your skills my be needed on someone elses hack and judging by those eveelution sprites you are very talented.
    I hope you understand that we really have enoguh spriters as it is but as BlastoKing is gone we might be able to make an exception.

I will get those screenies uploaded Friday ready for moving.

Thank you for your commitment to this hack. Either as a contributor, a colleague or just a critic.

Ta~Rah 'til Friday!

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Well... I'm back! I am pretty busy lately, but I will try to get work done when it is needed.

The Cynic

Years
    Well... I'm back! I am pretty busy lately, but I will try to get work done when it is needed.

Hello! Good to see you again! Please read my last post if you havn't already.

OK, until I get those screenies uploaded and we get moved I have a proposition for everyone out there...

A Contest

So far I have made the badges for most of the gyms. However, I have yet to make...

The Tomb Badge

The Skull Badge

I've decided that everyone out there can take part in a contest to design one or both of these two badges! You can either attempt one or both. The closing date is March 19th (GMT). I will then announce the winner(s) on March 20th.

~Good Luck!~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I've been following this hack and I support it and i plan on playing its first beta if theres anything you need help with storyline wise i can be of service, looks really good so far

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back