• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Last one for today.
It has a longer tail thing and is an outcast.
outcastribbell.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Sorry I'm a bit of a planning freak. Actually it wont take so long as
a) each section is very short
b) I can map very quickly
c) Everything... and I mean everything has already been planned out. From the positions of the buildings in Aeonopolis City to what pokemon the elite 4 will use. Like I said I'm a planning freak! :D

Thanks for the input! Its great to see we have some form of following! :D

Oh, here's alist of the pokemon that definately won't be featured.

CATERPIE
METAPOD
BUTTERFREE
WEEDLE
KAKUNA
BEEDRILL
PIDGEY
PIDGEOTTO
PIDGEOT
EKANS
ARBOK
NIDORAN(f)
NIDORINA
NIDOQUEEN
NIDORAN(m)
NIDORINO
NIDOKING
CLEFAIRY
CLEFABLE
JIGGLYPUFF
WIGGLYTUFF
SLOWPOKE
SLOWBRO
FARFETCH'D
SEEL
DEWGONG
DROWZEE
HYPNO
OMANYTE
OMASTAR
KABUTO
KABUTOPS
ARTICUNO
ZAPDOS
MOLTRES
MEWTWO
MEW
SENTRET
FURRET
CLEFFA
IGGLYBUFF
SLOWKING
MARILL
AZUMARILL
UNOWN
SNUBBULL
GRANBULL
SMEARGLE
RAIKOU
ENTEI
SUICUNE
LUGIA
HO-OH
CELEBI
TREECKO
GROVYLE
SCEPTILE
NICADA
NINJASK
SHEDINJA
AZURILL
GULPIN
SWALOT
CASTFORM*
REGIROCK
REGICE
REGISTEEL
KYROGRE
GROUDON
RAYQUAZA
LATIAS
LATIOS
JIRACHI
DEOXYS
BURMY
WORMADAM
MOTHIM
FINNEON
LUMINEON
UXIE
MESPIRIT
AZELF
DIAGLA
PALKIA
GIRATINA
CRESSELIA
MANAPHY
PHINONE
REGIGIGAS
DARKRAI
SHAYMIN
ARCEUS

*I would have loved to include castform with new forms (sandstorm and fog) and an evo but unfortunately this is not possible. I know, I am sad too. :(

There may be more removed late, this is just an initial list.. This is to accomodate fakemon and Sinnoh pokemon to the hack. Who knows I might not need to remove as many. Sorry if your fav. pokemon is removed. Its nothing personal they just don't match in with the region. I'm heartbroken about Castform! :'(

~Cheers~
Yay!
None of my favorite Pokemon are on the list!:D
Why not an evo of Castform?
you can do that...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Yay!
None of my favorite Pokemon are on the list!:D
Why not an evo of Castform?
you can do that...

As Omnious plains said... Its almost impossible. Its ability is unique to Castform. Ever noticed that using skill swap on a castform dosnt work...

Welcome back Omnious!!! That Ribell looks fantastic! The outcast one I think I may use as a special version that lives in the Bell Tower on Nox Island (read gregion info for more details). Good to se you again!

~Cynic~

The Cynic

Years
No problem man! I'm happy i could help.
any more you want done?

I was thinking... you are very good at making userbars. Would it be possible to perhaps make a kind of title banner for the first post? Just to make it a little more attractive. If you can do that, could it feature a pyramid and Xatu (again)?

Also could someone clarify this for me... In Ruby & Saphire how many pokemon can you be against in a double battle? For example Tate & Liza in Ruby and Saphire only have two pokemon between them. In Emerald they have 4. Can you get them to hold that many in Ruby/Saphire? Its because the 2nd in the elite 4 (actually its 5) will be two double trainers using a combo of dark,psychic and ghost pokemon.

Cheers

The Cynic

Years
Hello everyone! I wanted to add a more complete fakedex to the first post butit was too long so from now on the fakedex is here! Here you go:

THE FAKEDEX

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

From now on this will be where complete fakemon are added. As you can see I'm just waiting on a few sprites at the moment but I'm not too worried and I'm not going to set a deadline or anything (mainly because I hate the word "deadline" - it sounds so macabre), I just want to remind everyone that I'd kinda like it done quickly. That however, does not mean I want rushed jobs. The sprites must be quality. Once the ones currently being sprited are done, I will upload some more sketches including evos for Luvdisc, Seviper and Delibird (Serafin, Anacondax, Harbingair) as well as original fakemon that include new type combos such as bug/electric and ice/dark.

In other news, I have updated the region info in the first post. That's that section more or less complete. If you have any questions or suggestions, just ask me! I'm looking forward to feedback!

Also, Deja Vu has been offline for a while so we are currently looking for a new trainer battle/overworld spriter so I can get gym leaders etc. over and done with. Any applicants can post here or PM or VM me. Remember to show examples of your work. No splices please!

Any suggestions, criticisms or questions at all? Just post, PM or VM. Cheers!

Keep up the good work!

~The Cynic~

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I am going to try and get one done soon. I am in a rush right now, so I don't think it would be a good idea to sprite right now.

The Cynic

Years
OK guys, mini-update from The Cynic here. Progress seems to be slow at the moment but don't worry. Right now we are pottering down a lovely country lane but we will soon reach the motorway. Basically, I just want to ensure everyone that progress is being made.

Pokestorm and RedBaron are pokespriting away like Santa's elves and darthvagabond1000 is also working on a spriting contribution. The Omnious Plains is also working on some nice graphics to make the 1st post more attractive and eye-catching.

What is slowing us down is a lack of a Trainer Spriter. Previously we had Deja Vu working with us as our dedicated trainer spriter but he seems to have left Pokecommunity. Also, Harris59 said he would make some of our trainer sprites but he actually never did anything at all...

So, we need a trainer spriter. I already have all the concepts ready for gym leaders, elite 4, the brotherhood etc. All I need now is someone who is willing to sprite them. They will of course be credited for everything they do that makes it into a Beta. If anyone out there is interested in being a trainer spriter then please do not hesitate to PM me with evidence of your work. If accepted, you will become a welcome and valued member of the Pokemon Chronicles team.

Also, if you are interested in being a normal pokespriter you can PM me with evidence of your work in a similar fashion to the above.

I just want to get spriting done so that I can get working towards the release of the 1st Beta. This project means a lot to me and so I need all the help I can get to make it succeed. Thanks again to all our current contributers, especially RedBaron, Pokestorm, The Omnious Plains and darthvagabond1000. Thank you for your time.

~The Cynic~

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I would love to help, but Sadly I'm not Good at Spiriting trainers...

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
I respect how you've organized how you're going to make this hack work out. And for some reason, when I see pyramids and evil secret organizations plotting world domination, I think of Illuminati. Is that where you got the idea from?

Anyway, good luck on pushing this hack onward.

The Cynic

Years
I would love to help, but Sadly I'm not Good at Spiriting trainers...

That's abosultely fine, your support and criticism is help enough crunch! Good luck with Legend of Lucario!

......i don't find the good words......it's fantastic!you're a really good hacker!good luck to complete it soon as possible.......

Erm... thanks. Could you perhaps expand on what you like the most about the hack? The region, the fakemon, the plot... I know you say your English isn't very good but maybe you could be a little more detailed.

If you need a hand then this could be useful! :classic: Its better than Babelfish and Google translate by miles!

hey guys, i made (well, its a splice of eevee, espeon, and tauros) the moovine fakemon:
calfh.png

Edit: i put its colors on and gave it a bigger nose:
74w48wk8.png

Its very good. I've already VMed you on how it can be improved just a little (by making the nose more calf-like). Cheers.

I respect how you've organized how you're going to make this hack work out. And for some reason, when I see pyramids and evil secret organizations plotting world domination, I think of Illuminati. Is that where you got the idea from?

Anyway, good luck on pushing this hack onward.

Thanks and yes, you're right! :D The Brotherhood are based on an Illuminati/Freemasons/Knight's Templar secret society. I love New World Order conspiracies so I thought I should make my hack's plot revolve around one. I've been kind of vague about the plot up until know, but its all in good reason. A secret order, an evil corporation and an amazing scientific discovery... it sounds like something right out of a Dan Brown novel!

Plot details etc. have been kept hush-hush as to not reveal the big twists in the plot. Likewise, I'm not even going to tell you what types the gym leaders train in order to make the surprise all the more enjoyable, although you may be able to guess by their names and badges. Once the leader sprites are done I'm going to upload them (except for no.8!) so that you can see that they really have been thought through. The plot is all planned out, I'm just getting all the spriting done before I tile, map and script beta 1. Thank you for your interest!

Thanks for all your comments and support. Its great to see more people become interested in our work. There is someone who may be our new trainer spriter but I won't announce her just yet. With a trainer spriter on board this hack's progress can accelerate!

Baron & Storm, I eagerly await your pokesprites for Culverein and Velakinette. I've seen your progress so far so I know your doing just fine.

Plains should likewise soon have the graphics done to make the first post all the more attractive.

I'm looking forward to releasing the 1st beta, even if it is a few months away.

~The Cynic~

The Cynic

Years
Looks good so far:D Keep up the good work!

Thank you, but could you please give more detail as to why you like the hack. The fakemon? The region? The plot?

i tried the eclipseorb, but its not very good, it is still open for anyone else. ive never been very good at scratching, but i tried.
eclispeorb.png

Its very good but it needs to resemble Solrock and Lunatone a little more. It also needs to seem more rocky. Thanks a bunch.

Who gave you the rights to hack my computer, no one.

What do you mean hack your computer? I can't even get to grips with Command Prompt. I'm not a computer person. Its a very serious accusation but one that seem to be implausible? I don't know you. I'm not even sure if we live in the same country or not? I will kindly ask The Doctor to please remove this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back