• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Cynic maybe you might wanna consider making a CSS?
    It's great to see that you have an abundant amount of ideas but it appears boring on first glance, possibly a CSS or some coloration should help.
    Further ralts quit hacking so you might want to fix up the first post again :P
    Everything else seems very organised. I assume you know HOW to insert the new fakemon you guys worked hard on, so good luck :D
    My next comment will be upon the release, or if I spy something wrong...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Cynic maybe you might wanna consider making a CSS?
    It's great to see that you have an abundant amount of ideas but it appears boring on first glance, possibly a CSS or some coloration should help.
    Further ralts quit hacking so you might want to fix up the first post again :P
    Everything else seems very organised. I assume you know HOW to insert the new fakemon you guys worked hard on, so good luck :D
    My next comment will be upon the release, or if I spy something wrong...

I'm currently trying to grasp the world of CSS through tutorials. Lets just say it isn't going well. And RedBaron has offered to design some graphics for the 1st thread once he's finished spriting Culverein.

Yes, I'm going to remove Ralts from the first post. Thanks. I'm probably going to have a bash at making tiles myself using Wesley FG's or Kyledove's ROMbase. I'll credit them if I use them.

I know how to insert fakemon, I have many excellent tools that have been (or will be) credited in the first post.

Thanks very much for your input and good luck with Metallic Ice!

EDIT: Can do CSS now hooray! Just going to wait for Baron to finish Culverein and then he can work on a snazzy background!

Last edited:
    Years
  • hey, would it be ok if i made a banner with the new starters on it?

and i gave the one peacock pokemon better feet(just for the one with grass feathers, because it loks much better than the one with the rosebush)
    bird.png

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I just noticed something wrong with my water starter.

I fixed it up:

6iwcie.png

Night-Shade

Working On Pokemon Night Shade
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    heyy like the sound of travelling by air ... you need a guy to do the title screen cause im experienced with with hacking ruby btw the best fakemon sprite is the Absyl its so cute

killswitch-gandi

the mirror which flatters not
    Years
  • This hack looks pretty good i like the desert theme you've got going on :D

check Our Pokemon dawn version!!

The Cynic

Years
  • I just noticed something wrong with my water starter.

I fixed it up:

6iwcie.png

OK cheers. Didn't seem to be anything wrong with the last one but anyhow... :cer_smile:

heyy like the sound of travelling by air ... you need a guy to do the title screen cause im experienced with with hacking ruby btw the best fakemon sprite is the Absyl its so cute

Thank you very much. Abysl is great isn't it? Credit goes to RedBaron for spriting it though. You can catch them in Calamity Pass and are slightly rare. Calamity Pass will be in the 1st Beta so you can catch one if you like :cer_giggle:. Sure you can do the titlescreen but PM me with an example of your work first before I decide. The titlescreen for this hack will be a silouette of the legendary, Vicitraho (who is yet to be sprited).
    44444v.png

i made some different sprites for the bird fakemon and the third is for when the pokemon moves when you see it. example:
    Spr_4d_001.png

The one on the left is much better than any of the other's you've done! Its very well shaded. If you just make it a rosebush (like this one - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/67/224924216_a7173f426d.jpg?v=0) then that would be it good enough to be used (and then you'd of course be credited for it). And yes, you can do banners if you wish and be credited for them too. Thanks.

This hack looks pretty good i like the desert theme you've got going on :D

check Our Pokemon dawn version!!

Thanks very much. I like Pokemon Dawn's starters especially. Good luck with it.

UPDATES

Sigh :cer_frown:... I was holding this off as I was going to showcase 4 new fakemon sprites in this post but a few hiccups have meant that they are delayed. Rest assured they will arrive soon. Anyway here are some updates:

• Aesthetic: I am going to be sprucing up the first post to make it more colourful, attractive and generally shiny. My new found CSS skills will finally be put to use (cheers DG for suggesting I try and learn it!). RedBaron will be making some nice attractive icons for the first post etc. but I need someone who draws concept art-style images as sort-of-a background for everything. Anyone who wants to apply can PM me with an example.

• Plot-related: The time has come to reveal more plot! I'm sure you are all aware that Vicitraho is the legendary pokemon for this hack. Victraho is an immensly powerful dragon pokemon, but not unique. In fact he is one of 7. Some of you may know that if this hack is successful I will make a small series out of it. As a result, I have saved many ideas for these hacks (I actually have the entire concepts for charcters, towns, region, fakemon and plot of this hack's prequel; whether I make that is up to how much people like this one when it is finished and whether I would then have enough time for making it). The 7 dragons represent physical forces of nature and are of course related to Arceus and the Dragon-Trio. How? You'll just have to see! Each of the 7 dragons has a unique personality, typing, ability, and physical force. In other hacks there will be at least 2 of them per hack but as this is my first I am only including Vicitraho. So what is Vicitraho? I'm not saying much more right now but he exsists within an area called "The Sands Of Time" which can be accessed somewhere in the Vicitalis region (similar to Giratina and the Distortion World). What exactly are "The Sands of Time", and what force of nature does Vicitraho represent? (It isn't "time" by the way as Diagla already does that). I may reveal to you at some point; or I may wait for you to find out yourselves. Anyway, I thought I'd disclose some plot info so you wouldn't all get bored.

• Sprites: As I have already stated, I wished to showcase 4 new fakemon sprites today courtesy of RedBaron and darthvagabond. A few hiccups have meant this is delayed slightly. Do not fear though! Our helpful Hedgehogger has been spriting away and is making our trainer sprites as we speak. I would now proudly like to reveal the trainer sprite for Lindsey, the 6th Gym Leader:

Big thanks to Hedgehogger once again. There are loads more of his great sprites still to go! My next post will be a new gym leaders section as it won't fit in the first post. Like the fakedex, all new gym leader and badge sprites will be uploaded there.

• HMs - Not saying too much now but the HM system is going to have a complete overhaul. In fact, HMs won't even exist anymore. More about this later...

• Twitter: Yes, we are now on twitter! This is simply just another way to recieve news of updates etc. The link will be in the first post.

Thanks to everyone who is working on this project and thanks to those who follow it. Remeber feedback is essential and we want plenty of comments!

~The Cynic~

Last edited:

The Cynic

Years
  • GYM LEADERS

1. Eletha / Ode Town / Cure Badge
    "Come now dearie, show this old lady a real battle!"
    Eletha has lived all her life in Ode Town and is part of a long line of practisioners of traditional herbal medicine. She and her husband run the apothacary in the town, selling inexpensive but bitter cures and ointments. Her battle experience makes her a worthy opponent for any challenger of the town's gym.

2. Valentino / Radiant City / Heart Badge
    "I want to see that flame burn in your heart."
    Valentino's family came to the region 3 years ago. He says that he was one day called to Mt. Valor by a strange force within the mountain. He has been a trainer ever since and still regulary climbs the mountain. He is the subject of many young ladies' affections but still remains humble and not at all vain. He believes that a traineris only worthy of being a trainer if both he and his pokemon can show courage and determination both on and off the battlefield.

3. Rhona / Alpine City / Piste Badge

"I'll see you at the finish line."
    Rhona grew up skiing. She practiced several hours each day from the age of 4 onwards and is now a racing champion. She also trained her pokemon with the same amount of dedication allowing her to become a fully-fledged gym leader on top of her sporting career. Her tactics in both activites focus on leaving her opponents miles behind.

4. Arnott / Drygulch City / Labyrinth Badge
    "Prepare to be buried alive!"
    Arnott seems himself as an adventurer with pokemon. He has a passion for archaelogy and his work included the discovery of the tombs of 7 kings of the ancient desert civilisation.

5. Buzz / Neonbright City / Transducer Badge

"Let the rock-off begin!"
    Buzz first learned to play the piano at the age of seven but it was in his late teens that he decided to take up the guitar. His talents streamlined his path to success with his band DC/AC as they rolled out more and more chart-topping album and singles. In later years he embarked on a solo career, which has only brought more fame, fortune and groupies. About 4 years ago he decided to focus his attention on his other passion, pokemon. He was made the leader of the Neonbright City gym which at the time was in serious need of revamp. He now balances touring and his gym leader responsabilities and the gym is fully refurbished with numerous features such as a stage, amps and strobe lighting.

6. Lindsey / Tropica City / Papillon Badge

"Are you ready to see true beauty?"
    Talk about a superstar. Lindsey is not only a gym leader, but a world-renowned supermodel, the designer of her own fashion label "Papillon", the presenter of her own VTV fashion show and the region's champion co-ordinater.

7. Laquetta / Murkreek Town / Fate Badge
    "Turn, and look upon your destiny!"
    Ever since she was a little girl, Laquetta has possesed a very curious gift. She has the unusual ability to communicate with those beyond the grave. She often ventures deep into the swamps and creeks of the bayou to talk to these spirits and to calm them when they are agrivated.

8. ??? / Aenopolis City / ??? Badge

Note: This post will be updated when new sprites etc. are revealed.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    hey cynic, I know I said I won't comment until the beta But I just couldn't resist :P

Well, the reason this time was the shading on route's pre-evo, everything is great as it is, but I just tweaked a few things ;)

Spoiler:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Well. This had made some progress. I would like to return to making sprites for you, and not take off in haste like I did before. Will you welcome me back?

P.S. Shadow Togepi, that's a .jpeg.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Well. This had made some progress. I would like to return to making sprites for you, and not take off in haste like I did before. Will you welcome me back?

Hey... Your back! I'm sure you will be accepted back...

The Cynic

Years
  • Sorry I havn't been replying, was kinda hoping to make a BIG update soon, but oh well...

i tried making an amalgamation again, but this time with a trainer:
    peple.png

Edit:
    i finished the banners:
    koaleaf.png

burgoat.png

aquabill.png

Nice sprite I may use that for the Psychic class trainer.

Your banners are great! Just one question. Is that marajuana I see in the Koaleaf banner? I'm all for legalisation but I don't really want Koaleaf to be associated with cannabis. Good work though, I'l get them on the first post soon!

hey cynic, I know I said I won't comment until the beta But I just couldn't resist :P

Well, the reason this time was the shading on route's pre-evo, everything is great as it is, but I just tweaked a few things ;)

Spoiler:

That's good cheers. I'm thinking of just rolling with Pokestorm/Route's anyway, but thanks for your input and intrest! Good luck with Metallic Ice!

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8200/54440913.png
    here are some pokemon trainers i made out of boredome that i think you could use

Cheers. May change around some trainer classes. I already have trainer spriters though. I may still use it though.

err, I made a moovine sprite for you...
    24975_108857625796963_100000181780128_241133_6392646_n.jpg

Well those are great! Just a few things though. You can't have alternate gender formes in RSE. Maybe a sort of cross of the two (not too obvious though). Also PNGs look better than JPEGs. Thanks very much, I like it.

Sure, Ok. Hedgehogger is the main trainer spriter though. Maybe you could do the Brotherhood? I'll PM you with the details. Welcome back!

Hey... Your back! I'm sure you will be accepted back...

BTW, Route I am still working on redoing the sketches for Velakinette and Flambeau. I'll post them to you when I am done. Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------

On another note, I was planning on some updates today but there have been some hiccups, sorry.

Also, I have enough spriters at the moment. I don't want to make the spriting style too diverse or it'll look messy.

I have someone who will spruce up the 1st post with some graphics and that will improve it immensely.

The job openings that are currently open are:

• Someone who can do Sugimori-style artwork would be fantastic. Then my graphics guy can incorporate those into the 1st post! Just PM me with examples of your work if you want to help. Credit will be given!

• Someone who can design tiles that look similar to Alistair's latest ones on his thread in the art gallery. I'm planning on using his tiles, but some of the buildings etc. (eg. Pyramids, Clock Tower) will need to be done to match his tiles. Just PM me with examples of your work if you want to help. Credit will be given!
    Thanks folks. I promise a better update soon.

~The Cynic~

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I can only save as jpeg, but i'll try with moovine

EDIT: here.
    24786_109050482444344_100000181780128_245502_477492_n.jpg
    By the way, can I use moovine, or do you want to keep it only for sands of time?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back