• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Okay this topic seems a bit adult for a forum with members as young as 9 but hey.

I'm heterosexual but (call it conincidence if you'd like) all of my males friends are homosexual or bisexual. I also have a handful of homo/bi female friends.

My fiance is also an ex-bisexual.

P.S.
    What do pansexual and omnisexual mean? I've thinking it means you'd go for anything but correct me if I'm wrong.

I already know that asexual means you're sexually attracted to yourself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay this topic seems a bit adult for a forum with members as young as 9 but hey.

I'm heterosexual but (call it conincidence if you'd like) all of my males friends are homosexual or bisexual. I also have a handful of homo/bi female friends.

My fiance is also an ex-bisexual.

P.S.
    What do pansexual and omnisexual mean? I've thinking it means you'd go for anything but correct me if I'm wrong.

I already know that asexual means you're sexually attracted to yourself.
    1. Pansexual means you're attracted to people based on who they are, what they have in their pants doesn't mean a thing. bisexual
    2. Omnisexual is another word for pansexual.
    3. Asexual means you're sexually attacted to no one. It doesn't mean you're attracted to yourself...whoever told you that is what we in the business call "stupid."

There is no such thing as an "ex-anything." Either they were just confused for awhile and they never were bisexual or they are week minded individuals who are being manipulated by religion and politics to *think* that they aren't gay or bisexual anymore when they really are. :| The last sentence is a reference to the "ex-gay" fraud.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1. Pansexual means you're attracted to people based on who they are, what they have in their pants doesn't mean a thing. bisexual
    2. Omnisexual is another word for pansexual.
    3. Asexual means you're sexually attacted to no one. It doesn't mean you're attacked to only yourself. You fail.

There is no such thing as an "ex-anything." Either they were just confused for awhile and they never were bisexual or they are week minded individuals who are being manipulated by religion and politics to *think* that they aren't gay or bisexual anymore when they really are. :| The last sentence is a reference to the "ex-gay" fraud.

People are whatever they choose to identify as.
    The whole "ex-gay" thing can be debated until the sun expires so let's not get into that.

So wouldn't pansexual/omnisexual mean the same as bisexual since there are only two genders?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    People are whatever they choose to identify as.
    The whole "ex-gay" thing can be debated until the sun expires so let's not get into that.

So wouldn't pansexual/omnisexual mean the same as bisexual since there are only two genders?
    Well, I am sure there is a deeper meaning to it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    There are transgendered and intersexed people who don't fit into the traditional male/female gender binary.

Well transgendered people are simply the opposite sex they were born with since they have their gender changed surgically.

I have no idea what intersexed means is that like hermaphrodite stuff?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well transgendered people are simply the opposite sex they were born with since they have their gender changed surgically.

I have no idea what intersexed means is that like hermaphrodite stuff?
    Transgendered people are people of one gender who dress and act as what is stereotypically the other gender. Surgery has nothing to do with it.

The word "Tranny" came from "transgendered." An example of a tranny would be a guy who dresses up as a girl. Examples: Chris Crocker and Johnnyboy.

They are biologically male, but they dress as a female normally would. In fact, some transgendered people don't want surgery, as Chris Crocker said "I grew up with the pleasures of being a man, I don't want to give that all up."

Intersexed is people born with both.

Then of course, there are people who are born with no gender at all, and have to be surgically assigned one. This however, is something I do not like. They surgically assign the gender right after birth, which means, for the rest of their lives they will have to keep getting surgeries to make the body part appear as if it is growing with the body when it is not. Therefore, people who are born without a gender should be allowed the opportunity to wait until an older age to pick for themselves.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Then of course, there are people who are born with no gender at all, and have to be surgically assigned one. This however, is something I do not like. They surgically assign the gender right after birth, which means, for the rest of their lives they will have to keep getting surgeries to make the body part appear as if it is growing with the body when it is not. Therefore, people who are born without a gender should be allowed the opportunity to wait until an older age to pick for themselves.

That's something I can agree on. I know of several cases of this happening and they had the wrong gender chosen for them, and grew up eternally confused.

I think, until they are old enough to decide, just let them be.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Born with no gender at all? How do people like that develop during puberty?

Kon~

Years
    Born with no gender at all? How do people like that develop during puberty?

It's actually quite rare and in cases of it being detected whilst in the womb, doctors usually recommend abortion. Not many records can be found of growth to puberty but I believe some of these cases have been caused by Chernobyl and maybe researching that could help?

Kon~

Years
    They don't, they need constant surgery to grow in that area and they are forced to take hormones.

Fun Fact: 1/20000 people are born with red hair. 1/20000 people are born intersexed.

:D

Oh-ho. I didn't know that. And yet I know someone who would find that information extremely entertaining. *pops off to facebook*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Fun Fact: 1/20000 people are born with red hair. 1/20000 people are born intersexed.

-has red hair and...the latter?- ;D

I'm straight. I'm whatever gender you want me to be, though. I might be male, I might be female, but I am straight, whatever you see me as. As for the gay rights thing, I'm not supportive, and I'm not against. It's just there. If it doesn't concern me, then I take it as not being my place to stick opinions in. Well, social matters like that, I mean. I'll stick my nose in conversations as much as I please.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    My opinion on gay rights is that I want it to happen. But, I don't think the government can play any part in it. We can pass a law saying that buisnesses and communities must allow LGBTs to live there safetly/be hired, but we can't pass a law saying that anyone has to accept us for who we are. That's a person's choice. Same as with peoples' views on people of different races, yes we must allow them the same jobs and oppurtunites that we have, but it doesn't mean we have to like them (I'm Cuban, and I have no grudges against any race). In the end, it's a matter of what the people decide to accept. I believe even attempting to pass a law for gay acceptance socially would hurt more than it'd help. As far as a law should go, gives LGBTs the following:

-equal oppurtunites academically and in the work enviornment.
    -right to be married.

I'm only 15, gay, and I've not researched what else LGBTs aren't given equality in, but the above is what I do know.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    As far as homosexual rights go, in California (where I reside) they already have achieved their goal. In this Golden State they have more rights than heterosexuals, not less.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    As far as homosexual rights go, in California (where I reside) they already have achieved their goal. In this Golden State they have more rights than heterosexuals, not less.

The status of same-sex marriage in California is unique among the fifty U.S. states, in that the state formerly granted marriage licenses to same-sex couples but no longer does so. The period of granting such licenses began on June 16, 2008, due to a ruling by the state supreme court based on an equal protection argument and ended November 5, 2008, due to the passage of Proposition 8

Well, someone is late on the gay marriage train, aren't they?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    The fact that they actually banned gay marriage after legalizing it brings quite the facepalm from me.

Actually the fact that it isn't naturally legalized in all of the United States brings a facepalm, but not quite as much as Proposition 8. How it has actually survived baffles me greatly.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Interesting... We have a transgender ad here now...

Yeah... some governments will never seize to amaze me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back