• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    At least I can attest as to how important it is to come out as early as possible.

But yeah, not quit that age anymore, but close enough. XD

It's better than a 40 year old with children, coming from a divorce though. :S

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Congratulations, Feign. Trust me, having at least one parent know is really a big weight off your shoulders.

Both of mine know, but I recently (as in, about two weeks ago) told my dad. Thankfully, he accepts me, but he doesn't openly state the beliefs your dad goes by. Best of luck telling him...it's not easy, I'll tell you that. :|

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks guys. Because he is sooo stubborn, I kind of feel like giving him a letter. That is to say, express myself there, and be there when he reads it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Thanks guys. Because he is sooo stubborn, I kind of feel like giving him a letter. That is to say, express myself there, and be there when he reads it.
    Good luck~

That's what I did to my dad. When my step-sister came out he kicked her out. :/ But I don't live with him. He was a lot more supportive towards me, although he wasn't supportive really. He said, "I still love you, but I won't support your life style."

My mom said she always knew.

My friends Khari and Isaiah (gay) go to an LGBT Union at the university near by. To our surprise, a student teacher at my school was there. And he's French, mmm. Anyways, it's a good idea to be friends with other gay people, and to be out of the closet. You will be supervised at how much better you feel.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Whatever happens, I genuinely hope things go well for you, Feign.

Makes me wonder about what to do when I decide to come out... :/
    The best thing to do is to just tell them in person, either that or write it down and show them..ah my cat just scared me.

Anyway, if you tell them directly they will respect you for trusting them that much. That's how my parents were.

Haha, I scared my cat back.

Years
    The best thing to do is to just tell them in person, either that or write it down and show them..ah my cat just scared me.

Anyway, if you tell them directly they will respect you for trusting them that much. That's how my parents were.

Ahhhh scary kats

My dad knows... well I didn;t tell him, but I think he is just waiting for it.....
    I think he thinks I;m gay though, maybe he'll be somehwat relieved to know that I'm only like, halfgay? D;

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks guys :)

I think it helps to tell the person you trust most.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I agree, even though I haven't come out yet. >: When I eventually do come out to my family, my mum will be the first person that I tell.

At the moment, I have no-one else IRL to come out to, and there aren't any LGBT places that I know of that I can go to without my parents getting involved.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Thanks guys :)

I think it helps to tell the person you trust most.

It really does. Most of my friends know (all but two whose opinions I genuinely care about know, anyway), and if they're really your friends, they'll support you. If they weren't, you'll know you never had their support in the first place.

I've lost friends to the knowledge, and all that tells me is that I'm better off having the knowledge that they don't support me for who I really am, because they're simply too stubborn and ignorant to try and see that I'm still a good person despite the stereotypes presented by my orientation.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It really does. Most of my friends know (all but two whose opinions I genuinely care about know, anyway), and if they're really your friends, they'll support you. If they weren't, you'll know you never had their support in the first place.

I've lost friends to the knowledge, and all that tells me is that I'm better off having the knowledge that they don't support me for who I really am, because they're simply too stubborn and ignorant to try and see that I'm still a good person despite the stereotypes presented by my orientation.
    You seemed to have worded that weird. o_o

"If they really are your friends, they'll support you. If they don't support you, then you'll know they weren't your friends in the first place."

Is that what you meant?

Because a lot of people at my school support me, and they aren't friends. :[

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I wonder how it might come up at work. XD

I mean, I won't flaunt the fact, but if something of that nature is brought up... XD

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    You seemed to have worded that weird. o_o

"If they really are your friends, they'll support you. If they don't support you, then you'll know they weren't your friends in the first place."

Is that what you meant?

Because a lot of people at my school support me, and they aren't friends. :[

I mean in the sense of support with anything in general. I suppose I should have made that clear. :S

Silly me; I have the knack for saying the wrong thing at the right time. :#

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    No, what you said made perfect sense to me.

But I'm pretty much forced to deal with people who do not truly accept me - that would be my family and some of my friends. They all support me in other ways that are important. =/

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

Yeah, that would be the best thing... :/

It's just, I've grown up with serious self-confidence issues. When I was younger I was really fat, and that led to bullying, and I was quiet and introverted. Now, I'm still a little overweight, but I've gained a little confidence among friends, and yet, I still don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it.

Years

It's just, I've grown up with serious self-confidence issues. When I was younger I was really fat, and that led to bullying, and I was quiet and introverted. Now, I'm still a little overweight, but I've gained a little confidence among friends, and yet, I still don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it.

If they're your friends, they won't see you any differently~♥

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

I'm not gay, but I don't see what is wrong with being so. Homosexuality is just there being a slightly different balance of chemicals in the brain. :\

It isn't like they decided to become gay to piss of straight people...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back