• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I can only save as jpeg, but i'll try with moovine

EDIT: here.
24786_109050482444344_100000181780128_245502_477492_n.jpg
By the way, can I use moovine, or do you want to keep it only for sands of time?

That's great! You can use it, but you'll have to change the name and maybe the colours if you use it in anything else. Thank you very much!

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I already said, i can only save as jpeg, my computer died, and i lost my spriting thing.
i had to download an ancient version

CutiePie2121

The Cutest Spriter EVUR!!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Wow guys i haven't been on in 4 months i come on to this Excellent hack...Good luck keep up the good work =D

The Cynic

Years
moocow.png

here is the moovine, i fixed the colors, and its a png.
Edit:
54581178.png

forgot the eyes.
Cheers. Looks great.

Wow guys i haven't been on in 4 months i come on to this Excellent hack...Good luck keep up the good work =D
Thank you very much. perhaps you would like to expand on what you like the most or how we might improve?
---------------------------

I am afraid I am the bringer of both good and bad news today. Our chief spriter RedBaron has quit Sands of Time in order to spend more time working on his own yet-to-be-named hack. RedBaron made an outstanding contribution to the hack from the earliest days and is responsible for such fantastic sprites as Koaleaf and Absyl to name a few. I wish him all the best for his new project and will be following it closely!

Darthvagabond, another of our major spriters, has unfortunately not been on PC in over a month. Darth both a valued member of the team and a friend (check out Pokemon Nebula - link in my sig.). He created sprites for Plattail, Vulcapra etc. I have emailed him via PC but without a reply. I can only hope he is well and will return to PC soon. He will not be removed from the team list and his place is not open for applicants. I hope he returns soon.

RedBaron has left a new spriting position open. In order to advertise this postion and other staff openings I have created a Job Openings section in the 1st post. If you are applying for a spriting position please PM me with evidence. We are looking for sprites similar to Nintendo's quality. Examples of such sprites can be seen below:
3rdfireevo.png
11lmmag.jpg

We hope to have RedBaron's replacement with us as soon as possible.

Spriting has slowed down for the first time in this hack's history. Luckily, there is also good news that will speed up progress! I am proud to welcome simdu68 as our new tiler! He will be making the custom tiles for the region and is very talented indeed. This will mean that I can get the mapping and scripting done as soon as I can. Beta 1 will be released no later than Christmas Day this year. I know that seems far away but I am very busy until the Summer and that is just the latest possible release date, it could still be released before then if we all pull together.

In other updates, I have added to the Gym Leaders section some additional details but I still want to keep it mainly hush-hush.

Thanks as always.

~The Cynic~

The Cynic

Years
Just moving this here to create more room in the first post. If you havn't already, please check out the above post.

THE BROTHERHOOD

Spoiler:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
well, well,
the world map's huge! since you're saying the maps arent final, i could expect something better there.

The Cynic

Years
well, well,
the world map's huge! since you're saying the maps arent final, i could expect something better there.

Yes, that map's just to give you a general idea, it isn't really to scale at all. I've actually altered the region somewhat by changing town positions etc. I have ,for example, moved Rustshore further south and added a tunnel to the center of the mainland. I will post the new, more accurate, Sinnoh-style region map eventually. My current focus is on getting the remaining fakemon sprited (there are some not yet in the fakedex). This is proving difficult as darthvagabond has vanished and he was doing a significant portion of the sprites. I'm also organising the tiling for the 1st Beta (thank you simdu68!).

Thanks for comments. Keep them coming folks. I love 'em!

~The Cynic~

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Hey Cynic.
I'm sorry I havent been on in an age!
Hows things?
I had a hiatus i forgot to tell you about.
Am i still on the team?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
wow...

this all looks like it has a h*** of alot of potential!! it looks greak and im at awe with the map layout the fly as a tm thing my god its awesome!!!!

The Cynic

Years
Hey Cynic.
I'm sorry I havent been on in an age!
Hows things?
I had a hiatus i forgot to tell you about.
Am i still on the team?

Of course. Could you please make a logo for the first post?

this all looks like it has a h*** of alot of potential!! it looks greak and im at awe with the map layout the fly as a tm thing my god its awesome!!!!

Thank you very much, though I'm sure hell is not considered profanity.

---------------------------------

Finalised the 73 fakemon that will appear. There will be some nice surprises in there hopefully. Just suffereing from a lack of spriters although that could change very soon :cer_wink:. I'll just have to wait and see! simdu68 has been tiling but is suffering from some PC problems. Hopefully this can get fixed soon and he can get those tiles done. I can finish the mapping and get the scripting done for the 1st beta which should take you up to Howling Cave or Meadowranch Town, you can go either way to reach the 3rd gym. I'm possibly going to change the HM system a little as an experiment, but whether I do so or not is equivocal. Sorry for the slow process. This will change I promise you!

Please comment as much as you can. As they say in Tesco commericals "every little helps".

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Sorry I haven't been active. But the truth is... I kinda forgot about this. I'll be able to sprite now so just send some drawings.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
The fakemon are really well done. Some of the best iv seen keep up the good work can't wait to try it

The Cynic

Years
Seeing as I said I'd finalised the 73 fakemon, I thought I'd share their name. I'll reveal types later, but you might know them already.

494 - Koaleaf
495 - Koapeira
496 - Koalyptus
497 - Burgoat
498 - Smoldhorn
499 - Vulcapra
500 - Aquabill
501 - Plattail
502 - Obdurox
503 - Dartweet
504 - Fallet
505 - Turfowl
506 - Shrubeak
507 - Chipek
508 - Woodril
509 - Stadder
510 - Anacondax
511 - Elatic*
512 - Rubbounce*
513 - Elasting*
514 - Bulbolt**
515 - Halobolt**
516 - Velakinette
517 - Flambeau
518 - LikLik
519 - Absyl
520 - Skondor
521 - Moovine
522 - Snodent
523 - Avalaunch
524 - Giftik
525 - Harbingair
526 - Cubgloo
527 - Vicice
528 - Seaqueen
529 - Mediguru
530 - Chirrilon/Ribell
531 - Capacatik
532 - Roacharge
533 - Shoveload
534 - Exavadon
535 - Genilamp
536 - Pupyote
537 - Cthindi
538 - Kitotom***
539 - Leolisk***
540 - Cumulus/Nimburst*
541 - Strateus*
542 - Cantepede
543 - Rampede
544 - Hatrick
545 - Illoudini
546 - Serafin
547 - Eelectric
548 - Plantana
549 - Emiroo
550 - Kangaskong
551 - Asteor
552 - Dronn
553 - Drejj
554 - Driffelin
555 - Delphin
556 - Flipperon
557 - Orcalloy
558 - Culverein
559 - Judgementomb
560 - Shuppeteer
561 - Ryumulus
562 - Smeltoise
563 - Nocil
564 - Lacifer
565 - Malidist
566 - Vicitraho

All concepts are by myself, with a few exceptions.

(*) are by mssingno and used with permission. Cumulus is the name given to that fakemon by mmsingno. I would rather name it Nimburst but mssingno disagrees and as it's his concept, fair enough. I'm just puting its alternate name in there to avoid confusuion with Ryumulus.

(**) are by DU7CH13 and used with permission.

(***) are by aocom and used with permission.

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
err, judgementomb is a too long name, it needs to be 10 letters or shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back