• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's quite alright and to be honest I did notice the amount of effort you put into making it interesting and colorful for us in your updates. Good luck with your challenge bro, and anyways, we'll be right here waiting for ya.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    Sad to see you go Blazenwing :/
    I liked reading your entries and always thought to myself, "He's already in Kanto, come on, catch up!" Haha, I'll probably still be sluggin' through with my Ground types when you come back for your Poison type challenge (:

Good luck~~

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    I'm glad to see people were noticing the work I was putting into my entries - I tried to make them as entertaining as I could! :D

You obtained entertaining haha.

UPDATE:

I just ran out of the Radio Tower, thinking I could catch a Larvitar and evolve it to Tyranitar.........

Then I found out Tyranitar was Dark/ROCK type.

So pissed.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

You obtained entertaining haha.

UPDATE:

I just ran out of the Radio Tower, thinking I could catch a Larvitar and evolve it to Tyranitar.........

Then I found out Tyranitar was Dark/ROCK type.

So pissed.

You could keep it as a Pupitar, but meh lol

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    When can you get the Larvitar?

I might use that mofo

DARK/rock
    :3

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    .EJ, you can get it in the Safari Zone. I believe it is in the Desert. Probably wrong about the Desert part though. You need 20 Rock decorations in there, too, IIRC.

And...
    --Update, Day 6 (I think.)
    Sorry for nothing really happening yesterday. Was tired and went to sleep real early, so yeah.

Anyways, I traversed to the deep, dark... Well, observation deck of the Radio Tower after "rescuing" the real Director from the Goldenrod Underground, and fighting my rival, Simmnof. (I don't know about the name, I just typed in random letters.)
    There, I met Archer, who proceeded to DIE... Well, who I proceeded to destroy. Still on the Observation Deck. Almost halfway done with the game. But as soon as I get the 8th badge and Waterfall (Finally, a use for my Totodile), I'm gonna take a quick detour to Mt. Mortar and get myself a Tyrogue.

Having a bit of trouble in the Blackthorn Gym, so I'm probably gonna go train in the ice cave thingy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    When can you get the Larvitar?

I might use that mofo

DARK/rock
    :3

You get Larvitar in the Mountain Zone in the Safari Zone. You can only get one in Morning/Day and it's got like a 5% encounter rate. I ran into three (all female :/) and they all ran.

You need to have four badges and access the the Zone Changing Machine.

I NEED A MOON STONE DESPERATELY! I WANT TO EVOLVE MY NIDORINO AT LEVEL 42! IF YOU HAVE A SPARE PM or VM ME PLEASE!

UPDATE:

- I don't feel like elaborating, but beat the Radio Tower mission
    - Silver Wing obtained.
    -
    Trekking to Ice Path and Blackthorn City, currently on Route 44

TEAM:

Flounder/Quagsire @ Amulet Coin
    Female/lvl. 40
    - Surf
    - Amnesia
    - Yawn
    - Earthquake

This Pokemon will never be erased or traded. I love herrr.

Dune/Nidorino @ Quick Claw
    Male/lvl. 39
    - Horn Attack
    - Rock Smash
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Iron Tail

Nomnom, almost time to evolve! I NEED A MOON STONE!

Grimwald/Golem @ Hard Stone
    Male/lvl. 40
    - Tackle
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Throw
    - Self Destruct

Nuttin' new to say.

HM Slaves: Chikorita (Cut), Farfetch'd (Fly)

BADGES: 7

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You can get one in Tohjo Falls, the Ruins of Alph, the Bug-Catching Contest (first prize), and the Pokéathlon on mondays and wednesdays.

It just so happens that today is Wednesday. =]

Oh and thanks toxic potato, I didn't notice you said where to find the Larvitar.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah, I'm contemplating a change to electric monotype...It seems like too much of a hassle to get my dark team together whereas with the electric type I can just ship in an pichu egg and be on my way.

Oh and legendarian mistress: muauahahaha >:3

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Been a few days since I last updated, cause I got side-tracked by Dragon Quest, and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Portable. Now's let's get on with the show.

Note: To Blazenwing, we'll miss you. Your updates were awesome, and I know that, eventually, you'll come back to us, and become part of the Champions.

• Well, it turns out that my SoulSilver didn't SAVE after beating Chuck and Jasmine, which means I've gotta do it again. Normally, I'd be extremely pissed off, but seeing as I didn't really put much effort in my last update, I see this as a chance to try again.
    • My ROM did SAVE before battling Chuck though, so let's start with that, shall we?

• Using my Level 40 Fearow, I completely ripped holes through Chuck's entire team. He did manage to get one hit off using Poliwrath, with Body Slam. I wasn't Paralyzed, he didn't heal with a Hyper Potion (since he was in the Yellow HP range, due to his Sitrus Berry), and I destroyed him next turn with Aerial Ace.
    • Got a Storm Badge, bringing my total up to five badges.

• Now, I can use Fly to get back to Olivine... but I don't wanna. Instead, I'm gonna Surf back, so I can grind a bit more. Oh yeah, I also got TM 01, DynamicPunch. I doubt I'll ever use it, since its only real use is on Machamp, due to its No Guard ability.
    • Whoops, it wasn't DynamicPunch, but Focus Punch! Still, Focus Punch sucks in-game anyway. Never gonna use it, and I'm sellin' it for cash.
    • Returned to Olivine on Totodile's back, deposited Totodile in the PC, and ran to the Lighthouse. That damn Amphy better not have died yet, or I'm going to be extremely pissed off.
    • Took the elevator to the top floor, and luckily, Amphy has not expired. When asked if the SecretPotion would cure Amphy, I said 'No', for teh lulz. Then said 'Yes', cause I'd like my Gym Badge now.
    • TOO DAMN BRIGHT! Damn it, Amphy! How about some warning before you do that?!
    • Jasmine left via stairs, and I took the elevator, yet somehow, she still managed to get to the Gym before me.
    • Got an interesting call from the Safari Zone Warden. Apparently, the Safari Zone is now open. I wonder if they've got any Normal-type Pokemon...
    • Got two pep talks from two separate people in the Gym. Not that I needed it, seeing as my Togetic's Fire Blast makes me rather confident. I'm glad most Steel-types have piss-poor Special Defense.

• Jasmine said something about clank, or clang, but did not mention Ratchet. +5 Internetz if you understand that joke.
    • Togetic destroyed Jasmine's entire team with Fire Blast alone. The only Pokemon that wasn't a OHKO was Steelix, who was left in the Yellow HP (due to Sitrus Berry), and Burned.

• Finished up my Level Grinding for the day, and SAVED (twice this time)
    • Just two more badges left to go. Now, to Mahogany Town!
    Current Team

Name: Tauros
    Type: Normal
    Level: 40
    Attacks: Tail Whip/Horn Attack/Payback/Zen Headbutt

Name: Persian
    Attacks: Dig/Screech/Bite/Fury Swipes

Name: Togetic
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Extrasensory/Fire Blast/AncientPower/Yawn

Name: Ambipom
    Attacks: Double Hit/Baton Pass/Astonish/U-turn

Name: Fearow
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Fly/Assurance/Leer/Fury Attack

Name: Miltank
    Attacks: Body Slam/Rollout/Zen Headbutt/Milk Drink

PC Members of the Family

Name: Furret
    Attacks: Sucker Punch/Headbutt/Rock Smash/Quick Attack

Last edited:

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Ok, small update. I've got Pory up to level 44, Muscle to 40 or 41, and Aaron to 34. Steve is still behind, so I need to train Aaron and Steve up more.

Finally, Steve learned a good Fighting-type move, which would be Close Combat. Shame it only has 5 PP... Well, at 44 it learns Reversal, which also isn't terrible... And then Megahorn at 55. :D Well, that's a long way away, so I shouldn't get my hopes up so much. (And a side-note, training Tyrogue - once I get him - up to the norm team level is going to be so incredibly fun! Probably going to evolve him into Hitmonlee.)

Team (Done grinding for now.) -
    Muscle the Machoke (Evolving soon, I just dunno when) - Level 41
    Cross Chop
    Revenge
    Vital Throw
    Wake-Up Slap

(No HM move b/c of Move Deleter.)
    (Muscle needs a moveset update...)

Pory the Poliwrath - Level 44
    Focus Blast
    Blizzard
    DynamicPunch
    Surf

Steve the Heracross - Level 39
    Shadow Claw
    Focus Blast
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat

(No HM move b/c of Move Deleter.)

Aaron the Primeape - Level 39
    Focus Punch
    Thunder
    Iron Tail
    Karate Chop

Going back to the Gym, now.

Getting Killed by Clair a lot. I'm not having trouble, I just need a better strategy.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    EDIT:^This guy too. lulz

Ratchet & Clank, that's hawt.

I think you got what it takes to become a champ, arcelio =]

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • >.> <.<
    UPDATE TIME!!!!!
    'll try to make it entertaining, but this is the SECOND time that I'm writing this, so forgive me if my enthusiasm is less than OOOOOOOO.

Okay:
    I raced through union cave, trying to be as awesome as possible and also slaughtering many a helpless Geodude. When I finally made it out, I got caught in a torrential downpour and had to rush to the Pokemon Center. On the way there, i saw a man being hassled by a team rocket operative. Uh Oh. That's not good.I raced towards the pokemon center and healed up, just as the rain stopped.

I decided that I could use some help before fighting team rocket, so i went around town and asked if anyone could help me. they all refused. Finally I found myself outside of Kurt's house, AKA the legendary pokebal creator. As I entered he rushed past, complaining about Team Rocket. I ran after him, eager to get some action. When I got to the slowpoke well, Kurt was nowhere to be seen, so i took a peak down the well. Kurt was lying on the ground, and he wasn't moving. I rushed down after him, and after checking his pulse, I continued on. Team Rocket was the main priority.

Man, I thought Team Rocket was supposed to be tough. I barely even broke a sweat, and I faced proton with ease as well. When I finished opening up a can of whoopin', I decided to go check on my elderly friend. He was standing up, and was grinning from ear to ear. He thanked me vigorously, and then brought me back to his house, where I patched up my pokemon and accepted his offer to make pokeballs. I stepped outside and felt one of my pokeballs wiggle. I released Kakuna who had her eyes squeezed shut. A large white crack appeared on her shell, and out burst a Beedrill! She flew over to me and landed on my head, and began punching the air furiously. Perfect.....

Around seven battles and an hour of Grinding later, I was standing in front of Bugsy with a smile on my face and a hive badge in my hand. This was really quite great. I then healed, and proceeded to the forest, only to be intercepted by Silver. He smiled at me and sent out gastly, whose life was brought to a close by a bite from Lucy(Ekans). I proceeded to defeat all of his pokemon with ease, and when he stood there without a pokemon, he shouted out some random insult before running away. Man, my day was getting better and better!

Ugh. I just spent about 15 minutes wrangling Farfetch'd in the forest. those charcoal guys need to get their pokemon properly trained. I accepted the HM that they gave me and walked deeper into the forest, picking up an oddish and a Paras, before naming the Paras HMslave02. I chuckled briefly, and ran into a kimono girl, who looked at me curiously. My butterfree showed her the way out, and I followed, eager to leave this place. I stepped out of the darkness and into the light, and was intercepted by Lyra and her Grandparents. I deposited paras into the PC, and oddish into the daycare before heading into the nearby city of Goldenrod.

I took a walk in the national park, and the area outside of it, when I ran into a nidoran female! I caught her with ease, and named her Nina. I checked her moves and gawked; she knew double kick! Hopefully that would be my pass to defeating Whitney. I headed back to Goldenod, and noticed a peculiar purple tent. I went inside and met the name rater, who said that I could change the names of my pokemon. I went through my party, and gave each one a decent nickname:

Beedrill: Pinz
    Ekans: Lucy (Lucifer would have been my choice for male)
    Zubat: Buffy
    Bellsprout: Audrey
    Nidoran: Nina

My pokemon seemed to like their nicknames, and I figured that that was good. I walked into the underground path, and ran into the younger haircut brother, who gave Buffy a haircut. She looked happy, and I went to the department store to pick up some super potions.

After fighting Whitney twice, i finally defeated her and that darn Miltank. I was also treated to another pleasant surprise: Nina evolved!

After defeating whitney(And watching her cry) I received my badge and decided that it was time to move on. Next stop: Ecruteak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, the road to ecruteak was long and hard, and I really needed to heal afterward, so i did! I fought off a pesky Team Rocket operative, and then saw the three legendary dogs inside the burned tower. Morty told me he'd be waiting.

Bite, bite, bite,bite, BUFFY EVOLVED! And morty was easy, I just bit his pokemon to death. Heh Heh. Stupid Morty.

I decided that since I could use Surf now, I'd explore some areas of the Ruins of Alph. I Taught my HMslave01 Surf, and went exploring. I saw the entrance to a new room, and went inside, exited. When I went in, I discovered a secret room! I released Nina, and suddenly she evolved! I guess there was a moonstone on the floor.....

Well, now that I had four badges(And a nidoqueen!), I decided it was time for a seaside battle, so I proceeded to Olivine. Only....Jasmine wasn't there. She was in the lighthouse... I walked up the stairs, battling as I went, when suddenly, Audrey, Lucy, and Buffy evolved in rapid succession! I grinned and continued up the lighthouse, until I ran into jasmine. She was over an injured pokemon, and she asked me to go to cianwood for some medicine. I nodded, and ran as fast as I could.

On the way to Olivine, I ran into a tentacruel. I caught it quickly and named it Huggy, as it was VERY affectionate. With my new pokemon in tow, I landed on Cianwood, ready to battle chuck and get the medicine...........

Pokemon:

Buffy:

LV 30
    Air Cutter, Confuse Ray, Astonish, Bite

Nina:

Lv 27
    Surf, Body Slam, Thunder, Double Kick

Audrey:

Lv 26
    Vine whip, Poison powder, Acid, Sleep powder

Huggy

lv 24
    Acid, Toxic Spikes, Bubblebeam, Wrap

Lucy

Lv 23
    Rock Tomb, Glare, Acid, Crunch

Pinz

lv 21
    Poison sting, twineedle, u-turn, Focus Energy

TADAAAAAA!

Also, does anyone know where I can get a leaf stone?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Bill's grandfather, Bug-Catching Contest (first prize), and the Pokéathlon on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Wow, it's been so fast. 8 badges already? Well, almost. Clair wants to whine and not give me my badge. What the... Nevermind. Well, time to get that ExtremeSpeed Dratini. (That I'll obviously never use. Unless I decide to do a Mono-Dragon playthrough. Although, that's highly unlikely.)

All right, all 8 badges of Johto obtained, ExtremeDratini obtained. Gonna get Tyrogue, train it, then it'll be time to face the Elite 4!

By the way, this wasn't really made clear in the main post. Does the challenge include fighting Red, or is that what you meant by Champion? Nevermind, cleared up by the post beneath this one.

Ok, Tyrogue gotten, named Kento (Sisters suggestion :P), and now it's time to feed it a few vitamins to ensure proper evolution into Hitmonlee. Then to train it, andprogress in the game. Oh yeah... The Ho-oh sidequest... Ugh... Don't wanna do that. D: WOW... Kimono Girl whatevers Espeon, is GSJRHGEFJSEOIGHEIOFH... Nothing else to say about it.

Cool, Kento evolved, and into the one I wanted, so all is good. Now to stop FAILING against Vaporeon...

Ok, Vaporeon murdered... Er, defeated. Now to scale Bell Tower, my most hated location in the entire game...

Finally... Caught Ho-oh in my shiny, new Master Ball, because I was too lazy to fight it, and I had nothing else to use the Master Ball on.

Yay. I'm on the way to the Pokemon League. I am so ecstatic. You can hear the ENTHUSIASM, can't you? I'm so enthusiastic. (Going to fail the Elite 4 many times. Especially the Psychic guy, because IIRC, there is one. :P I kinda wanna train Kento more, but eh, that can wait, I guess...)

And that's it for today. Cya all tomorrow!

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • I think you got what it takes to become a champ, arcelio =]

Just for that comment, I'm not stopping my Challenge until I've become Champion, and kicked Red's ass. Guess Dragon Quest will just have to wait a bit longer for me.

• .EJ's words have inspired me, so my Challenge shall continue today!
    • Departed from the Olivine Gym, in search of my next Badge, the Glacier Badge!
    • Had Fearow fly me to Ecruteak City, and went east, towards Mahogany Town.
    • OW! Some Hiker ******* hit me! Cops!
    • I don't give a damn if you're giving me a HM! You hit me! I'm calling the cops on your punk ass... Ah, is that the HM for Strength? Gimme! Gimme now and I might drop the charges on you!
    • Heh, heh, sucker. Free HM, and when I take that guy to court, I'll take his house. No one hits me and survives. And Marill, if you're listening, I'm coming for you with a vengeance!
    • Taught Tauros Strength over Horn Attack, instead of Ambipom or Miltank. Miltank is my tank Pokemon, and Ambipom will be getting the TM for Return the moment I get it.
    • Entered Mt. Mortar. I sprayed myself with some Repel, cause I don't feel like dealing with Zubat today, nor Ratatta.
    • Stupid rocky walls. Can't I just climb up them? I mean, if a Pokemon can scale them, why can't I exactly?
    • Found an Ultra Ball, Ether, Max Potion, Escape Rope, Nugget, and a Revive. Yeah, I pillaged the crap out of this mountain. Only thing I didn't get was a Shiny Stone, to evolve my Togetic.
    • Left Mt. Mortar, only to be harassed by some prick that thinks he owns the entire Route. I promptly handed him his own ass and told him to GTFO.
    • Got lied to by a Hiker that can't even bypass a simple waterfall. It's called
      94000130 FCFD0200 1205D506
      00000200 D2000000 00000000 94000130
      FCFD0100 1205D506 00001C20
      D2000000 00000000
      You noob. lrn2haxorpogeymanz
    • Entered Mahogany Town, and sped off to the Gym.
    • A Snorlax is blocking the door to the Gym. Well, either a Snorlax, or a fat *******. I always get those two confused.
    • Tried to leave town through the east, only to be stopped by some shady looking character. Bought a 'RageCandyBar' just to shut him up, and tried to leave. The prick just won't let me leave, will he? He shall pay for his impudence in due time, along with that Snorlax.
    • Turned on my Radio Card to listen to some tunes, only for it to be jammed by a mysterious signal. Seriously, what the hell? First, some Pokemon blocks off a Gym, I can't leave town, and I can't even listen to my damn music? This is why I told mother to buy me an iPod, but no. She just had to get this damn Pokegear.
    • Met Spencer on the above Route, only for him to tell me that he can do 'a lot' with his Pokemon. I swear, these freakin' perverts are multiplying. Destroyed all of his Pokemon out of mercy.
    • Oh Christ, I got another call from Joey. **** 'em, I'm not picking up the phone. Let it ring for all I care.
    • Walked into the guard-post, only to be greeted by Rockets. They robbed me (I think?) of some money, which doesn't really matter, seeing as I rarely buy anything anyways. Still, just for being Rockets, they've earned a spot on my 'DESTROY' list, along with that RageCandyBar asshat.
    • Found a Girafarig. Decided to catch it, since it's the only Normal/Psychic Pokemon that I can think of, and it can be useful to the team (eventually).
    • Saved my game and went to work on PlayStationPortable. Gotta add some GameBoyAdvance games to that thing today. Not gonna add my current team, since it hasn't changed since the last update.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @Toxic Potato: The original thread stated that all we had to do was acquire all 16 badges. I just copy/pasted what that thread said and modified certain things that didn't make sense.

If you wanna face Red, then that's up to you. =]

@Arcelio: go for it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back