• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Mods - Like'em or Hate'em?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • Actually, most Mods that I know, I knew then when they weren't mod, like Nica and VG. So I can't really comment on how I like them since i liked them before they were mods? Does that make sense? Anyways, answering the thread, I guess I like them. I've been a good PC member so far, as I recall, so Mods don't have anything agaisnt me (so far, in my opinion). The other mods seems nice, too. Though, I'm a little bit intimidated by them, but everyone already knew that. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the rest of the mods, that I talk to, or see around often really. The mod I interact with most is probably Kaori, since she's my partner and all, plus a few others. And I really have no issues (that I know of?) with the rest of the mods I don't speak to anyway, so yeah.

...also I'm surprised I was mentioned often in this thread. I must be more social than I thought.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I always hated moderators in all forums I were in, really. I always fought with most of them, especially the 14-year old moderators O_o

Although I did not really talk to any moderators around here, but from what I see from their 'work', they're doing pretty good. The ones I see the most moderating are probably Hiiro, Forever..

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I hate them all. PC would be such a better place without their power hungry heads running around ruling it with an iron fist and whip at hand. And after talking to them, it just feeds my hatred for them as a whole. They're the most perverted people I've come across and I'd even go as far as to say that that isn't at all a good thing for leaders of a Pokémon forum to be. The things that go on in their corridors are sickening. They're corrupt and unjust.

Take that to the bank!

loljk. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I hate those lousy moderators. 8| The only people worse than them are the nasty admins. Ugh they're the worst.

You forgot I'm on staff bb.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I like our staff. Both the moderators as well as the higher staff. I notice that lately, we're all starting to work better together like a well oiled machine both on scene and behind it. Simply there is no "division" between normal members and staff members. I know this because nothing about PC changed for me, it was still the same place it was before I became a moderator of Graphics & Photography and Competitions. It still remained the same when I got an additional section; Other Entertainment. I feel that no matter what level I am on PC, as a member of staff or as a normal member, I will still be myself and I know that with complete certainty. So, if you liked me as a normal member, there's no reason to dislike me as a staff member as we're all just people after all. The division is what kills me, I find it funny when people see the staff as being just a complete different group of people, it's almost looking at the management behind a sports team as a different species when in reality, they're just people. I like the mods, with no exception. They're all nice people and I think that anyone with a clear conscience and see that.

I would like to state that members should not be restricted when making the decision to talk to a moderator just because they're on staff, I'm saying this because I'm just the same person as I was before I was modded and I believe that it's the same way for almost all the staff. Staff are normal members with a little more access to various areas of a vBulletin database.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I hate them all. PC would be such a better place without their power hungry heads running around ruling it with an iron fist and whip at hand. And after talking to them, it just feeds my hatred for them as a whole. They're the most perverted people I've come across and I'd even go as far as to say that that isn't at all a good thing for leaders of a Pokémon forum to be. The things that go on in their corridors are sickening. They're corrupt and unjust.

Take that to the bank!

loljk. :(
    This is coming from you? :(

/me runs

Um, the mods here are cool
    and stuff. I've no isshu's with any of them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I like all the Staff members. :D
    I'm friends with a lot of them, and they're nice :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • This is coming from you? :(

/me runs

Um, the mods here are cool and stuff. I've no isshu's with any of them.
    NO. I hate you! Now give me some cookies. D:<

.. Kidding, no I would have to agree, the moderators here are very different compared to other moderators on other forums escpecially through the aspects of fairness, lenientcy (sorry my spelling is shocking) strictness and modesty.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No but the moderators seem to hate me. I dunno why that is I have done nothing wrong! I think they are prejudice against my fairy beliefs how sad...

Years
  • I take it all of you like having a nice forum to post in? Thank a Staff member- Whether it be a Moderator, S-Mod, A-Admin, Admin, etc. They do far more to keep this place intact than most of you will ever know.

Last edited:

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • Some I like, some I don't. I only know a few, but they seem hard working and well, ya know. Those I don't know honestly, seem to be just odd, some demoted, and NTM not inforcing too well. Honestly though, the majority I hate.

Years
  • I hate moderators in general, actually. I've always had problems with some of their judgment calls. Also, as long as forums are moderated by humans, the decisions made will be biased, to an extent.

I don't know any of the staff members, so I can't say.

There used to be this guy who always bothered me. At least, I think he was a dude. Jeremy, or something. He used blue and pink font, if I remember correctly, and liked calling people "sweety." Weirded me out to no end.

I remember Kairi. Very nice girl. Don't know what happened, but supposedly she started a lot of inappropriate conversations. I'm sad she's gone.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I've chatted with Forever, Syd, Twilightblade, and Abnegation (just a bit though) before, they're all really nice. I really hate it when mods are new and they want to lock everything. (You know who you are if your reading this :p)

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'm friends with too many to name... :/ But overall, the mods/smods seem pretty.. relaxed? and easy to talk to. Well, from what I've seen.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I like the mods. I've never had a problem with them or their calls, because I know they are just. When they close my threads for perhaps one reason or another, I know they are just doing their job, and wouldn't be a mod if they didn't. I am glad they are here, else what would PC be?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I don't really like the whole system of mods vs smods, but as people? The guys on IRC are sound as a pound, if/when they talk.

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • I've not been around here long, but from what I have seen, the mods are pretty cool; some more so than others.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • They're human, nothing higher really, they just have control over the website more than normal members do. I don't really talk to SMods/Mods/Admins very often, though. But I'd like the think as them as individuals who are all really nice. :D

Back