• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Mods - Like'em or Hate'em?

Years
    I seriously have no idea why I woke up to write this...hope it's a good topic.

So, do you like PC Mods or hate'em? If so, why? And please don't say they lock all my threads.

I like, well the ones I know. I think they do a good job, and hope one for Pokemon TV gets a new one.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I like most of the mods, find a few tolerable, and then there is maybe like 2 that I dislike, or at least did at one point. xDD maybe a mod should make a PC Members- Like'em or Hate'em thread. I would be interesting to see their opinions on us members.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Can we pick favourites? Cause I like Blade xD She's incredibly nice and is somehow trying to tackle the problem that is WiFi. Props to her. :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I actually like the PC mods. They're not too lenient and not too strict. My favorite mods would be Kaori and Forever.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    As far as how they do their mod stuff, I'd say it's a bit on the precautionary side.
    I still think the MOTHER 3 thing was relevant, even if I phrased it funny. >=/

As human/internet beings, well, I'm not too familiar with them. I brush posts with Lightning and others every so often, and they seem nice enough.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    As far as how they do their mod stuff, I'd say it's a bit on the precautionary side.

I believe that they are precautionary with good reason, I mean, when something happens like what happened with rep, they are going to be a little on edge.

The mods as people seem nice, I can't vouch for any of them, except for maybe Forever. and Loki, when she was a mod.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    For the most part they're fairly decent people, so I harbor no ill will against the ones who harbor no ill will against me. Of course sometimes I feel like they're too strict sometimes, but that's largely irrelevant. In essence I neither love or hate them as a group...I spend more time thinking about them individually more often than not, though sometimes the conduct of one staff member reflects upon them all.

Years
    I hate them. Reasons:
    1. Because saying "I like them because they get their jobs done" would be too easy.
    2. They keep saying anything
    3. They are harmful to my superiority complex

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I agree with Pachy in that I tend to think of them as individuals. I don't really think of them as higher-ups (though they are), but rather as people like me.

I don't actually talk many mods though... I've spoken with Forever, Netto Azure, Hiidoran, and a few others a couple of times. I regularly talk to Peachy, and I <3 her. But otherwise, not really. I think they do their jobs well.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I like them, even though I only got to know two of them...
    Sydian and Forever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    Like them for the closeness/friendships but then they ARE normal people too, and can have off days :P

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I don't know any of them personally but they do their job really well, so sure, they're cool. At least compared to some other forums I've belonged to. I've known some mods to be pretty nasty, for lack of a better word.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    With the exception of one or two higher staff members that seem to carry an air of arrogance to them when I try to approach them, the PC staff is pretty cool. I've known Erica, Jake, and Geoff forever it seems, so it's only natural I get along with them for however little we actually talk nowadays, and the newer wave of moderators are really easy-going and laid-back. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They do their job; sometimes callously, but I've no major complaints. Nothing I've come to unexpect from teenagers.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    THE PC MODS ARE-

*Looks down to see several red dots floating on chest*

...really nice.

All hail!

EDIT: Netto is a mod?

DEATH TO MODS!

:P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Just because moderators have a steel hard blue username and and badge desn't mean thier any different or are more special than normal members. Yes, they may have more power but are equal in every other way. Personally I quite like them all, one though will not talk to me like everyone else. I am not naming anyone though, because that's just rude. I do talk to some of them every now and then but I am not as close to them as I hope to be.
    Forever, BinaryPeaches, Sydian are just some of few who I talk to a bit and like to get a little bit more close to. Well, it's also up to them if they'd want to. :)

Overall, the staff here are friendly, productive and help make PC be the most comfortable and constructive forums on the net. Give ya selves a pat on the back guys!

Edit: Oh I musn't forget about Klippy!

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't know any of them (maybe Went a little bit), so I don't like, but also I don't hate. I have no reasons for liking/hating them. Went is exception, because Formula 1.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I am not completely hated? You're all keeping secrets from me. That's okay. Anyway, from my standpoint as a normal member back in the day, I didn't talk to a lot of staff, but I didn't feel they were bad. There were some I felt that were lazy and didn't do their jobs, but for all I knew, they could have been on LoA for serious matters. But I didn't hate the mods then. There were a few that I thought were horrible though.

From my standpoint as a moderator, I guess it's still the same. I try to get along with everyone on staff if possible, because I think it's nice to have a good repertoire with people you work with. But there aren't any current mods that I hate. Now, there are some ex-mods that I dislike, but that's really it.

Also, this is talking about moderators, not super mods or admins. Just the blues. I mean, title is PC MODS, not staff.

Last edited:
    Back