• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

... Agent (PG-14)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    << 1 open spot! >>
    OOC thread for discussion and Sign Ups can be found here.

In this reincarnation of the pokémon universe...

... being a pokémon trainer is a sport. Just like any other sport, there are those who do it for fun, as a hobby, and those who are professional about it. Pokémon training is the most popular sport in Hoenn and everyone from youngsters to old people practice it. Most do it as a hobby, but some decide to dedicate their lives to becoming as good as they can, by training their precious pokémon friends into beautiful contestants, incredible athletes or powerful battlers. Contestants try to get their pokémon to look and behave as good as possible, to win pokémon contests. Athletes try to make their pokémon as strong and agile as possible, to win sport competitions, and they often live as rangers. Battlers are what you normally think of when mentioning trainers; they fight each other for money, glory and to become stronger.

You are a person living in Hoenn who is practicing some sort of pokémon training. You aren't the best, but you're pretty good and you've been noticed by the world wide Pokémon Association. They have sent you a letter asking you to accept a mission for them and become their agent.

6 pokémon have escaped their usual regions and gone to Hoenn somehow. It's weird, since Hoenn lies so far away in the sea to the south of the other regions. These pokémon are

Also, click the pokémon list for theme song xD
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Entei
    244.png

The Pokémon Association are worried, since legendary pokémon moving and behaving strangely usually indicates something is wrong with the world. They want you to go after one of these legendary beasts and capture it if possible, but at the same time find out if they got here by their own free will or if they were chased or brought here by something... or someone.

You accept the mission and travel to Littleroot where the front representative for the Pokémon Association in Hoenn, professor Birch, will give you something too valuable to be sent on the mail. A pokédex. Now, this device isn't something that normal trainers have, not even the professional ones. It's developed by the famous professor Oak and handed out to only those who need or deserve it. This device will provide info on every known pokémon you encounter, as well as the pokémon's status, known attacks, power level, condition etc... it's an incredible tool.

Pokémon Gyms exist in every city where it does in the games, but they are different now. In addition to being in charge of the battles and giving out badges, the leaders are in charge of managing pokémon contests in that city (meaning, there are no contests where there usually are in the Hoenn games, but in every city with a gym instead) as well as in charge of setting up athletic competitions involving pokémon and trainers, like running, swimming, dancing or anything like it. The gym leaders are representatives for the Pokémon Association in the bigger cities and are told to help you on this mission. Let's hope all of them have good intentions...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////​

- There is no Team Magma or Team Aqua. Just so you know.

- I will play the professor and the gym leaders, unless when I tell you it's ok to bunny them. You are free to make up new NPCs to move the story on, even new trainers to battle.

- You pokémon will gain a level every time you battle someone or participate in a contest or athletic competition. Bear in mind that pokémon trained for contests and athletic competitions can fight as well, only they aren't as strong and skilled in use of attack moves as pokémon trained for battling are, so they may need to be a few levels higher, or really clever, if they fight a battle-pokémon.
    -- BUT Battle-pokémon or athlete-pokémon aren't as beautiful or well-behaved as contest-pokémon though, and athlete-pokémon have better stamina and can handle themselves better in tricky situations or in the wild, than the others can.

- You are to keep track of your own pokémons' levels. Dedicate a post in the OOC thread for that, and I'll link to it from the OOC thread's first post. I trust you, but if I see you cheating... nuh-uh.

- Your pokémon will learn moves by leveling up, or by getting moves or TMs from scenarios (mentioned further down). Evolution is also by leveling up, or scenarios. They may know 6 moves at a time.

- Remember, your mission is to travel the routes and landscapes of Hoenn and find your legendary beast. But you should train and compete in your profession on the way.

- If you want to 'run into' a wild pokémon, state so in a OOC message at the end of your post.I will decide what pokémon appears for you.
    -- END YOUR CAPTURING POSTS WITH THE POKÉBALL SHAKING. I will decide each time if you caught it and what level it is.

- I might throw scenarios at you from time to time, to spice things up >:)

How to sign up...

Your name: (first and last)
    Your gender: (male or female)
    Your age: (any)
    Your profession: (yes, you are professional trainer, either BATTLER, CONTESTANT or ATHLETE) (and let's not all be battlers now...)
    Legendary beast to go after: (choose from the list above)

Your appearance: (an image or at least one paragraph describing head, body and clothing style)

Your history: (at least one nice, fat paragraph)

Your personality: (one paragraph like that will do~ )

Your starting pokémon team (they will be Lv 30 when we start)

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: (any non-legendary)
    Nickname: (optional)
    Short history:
    Short personality:
    Attacks: (up to 6, one TM allowed, one Egg move allowed)

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: (any non-legendary)
    Nickname: (optional)
    Short history:
    Short personality:
    Attacks: (up to 6, one TM allowed, one Egg move allowed)

RP sample (include in your SU, yes)
    Either write up a sample on the spot, but make sure to make it long enough so that I see how you roleplay, or put here a post from another RP you've made. PUT THE RP SAMPLE IN A SPOILER!

No pure Out Of Character posts in this thread please, there is an OOC thread for that. You can always VM/PM me if you wonder anything and don't want to write it there, but I prefer if you use the OOC thread.

Have fun!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    omg finally I'm joining a roleplay

Reserving Cobalion! I'll post the SU asap. ♥

Your name: Marko Dalit
    Your gender: Male
    Your age: 17
    Your profession: Athlete
    Legendary beast to go after: Cobalion (I'll admit that Suicune could have been a better choice, but going after a non-water legendary could prove interesting).

Your appearance: Medium build. He's not super skinny and tall, but he's not large and bulky either. He does have muscular build, but for the most part, it's covered up by his clothing. Thus, he doesn't look like he's one who would be an athlete. He's not white, but not completely tan either. "Medium-Tan" would describe his color of skin the most. He has a birthmark that doesn't look like anything in particular on his left shoulder, hidden from view unless he's in his swimming clothing. He's about 5'7'' and weighs about 120 pounds. His blonde hair is messy, as it looks like he rarely combs it. The length of his hair is about one inch.

For the majority of the time, he wears a bright yellow jacket, with a simply white shirt underneath. As for his pants, he wears black slacks and underneath he would usually wear his swimsuit ( a mix between yellow, blue, and black ) underneath. He doesn't wear anything on his arms or any sort of hat, but he does have plain normal sneaker. He dresses like such to give a misleading appearance; for people to think he's not an athlete, or even so much as a Water Pokemon Trainer.

Your history: Marko was born on Cinnabar Island, before it erupted. During his days on the island, he would chill on the beach, and when he acquired his first Pokemon on his sevenths birthday, spent all his time with Squirtle. His family members included his mother, who would constantly ask him why he causes so much trouble. Despite her attempts though, they were in vain, as the biggest response she would get is a huge smile. On his free time, Marko and Squirtle would spend time playing pranks on the townspeople, and causing general havoc. However, when they weren't spending their time getting in trouble and having to do charity work, they would continue to spend their time on the beach, playing in the water and well... causing more havoc.

It was when Marko was ten when the Volcano erupted and his mother and him fled to live in Viridan City. During this time, he had to support his mother, who was scarred by the crisis. It was during this time that he learned that he had to keep strong and keep a positive attitude, if he were to keep going. His prankish nature had gone down during the time, but after things have settled and his Mom perked up again, he started to come back.

However, instead of spending his time playing jokes on those in the city, he decided that he would go on a journey. Not just to see people from all over the world and mess with me, but to see what he should do in life other than just messing around. His first intention was to become a Water Pokemon trainer, as while Blaine was the Gym Leader of Cinnabar, he loved seeing the Water Pokemon out in the sea and on the beach. During his journey though, he had realized that battling wasn't his thing. While he could pull a few tricks up his sleeve in his battle style, he just didn't have the motivation for it. After this realization, it was not too long after when he figured to become a Swimmer instead.

He realized this when he was in Sinnoh. While Sinnoh didn't have much in terms of ocean other than outside of Sunyshore, it was home to a few fast Water Pokemon such as Floatzel and Empoleon. Marko couldn't get his hands on, or find a Piplup to capture, but while he was journeying, he met with a Buizel. It was a random encounter, but none someond would expect. Marko was "fleeing" from Windy Valleyworks, as he made some of the workers angry with his joke. While he was in the mist of doing, he ran into the Buizel. Literally. The Buizel wasn't happy, but after noticing the workers, decided to help Marko "escape" and afterwards, joined his team as the 'mature one', with attempts to keep him out of trouble.

Sadly, the only times he's been able to keep him out of it so far when convincing him they should train or go swimming.

With him and his Pokemon, they'll be the best swimmers around, which was brought on by his love for the beach, and his love for swimming. With this goal in mind, he continued to journey through Kanto and Johto, taking on any swimming contest he found and participating. At first, he wasn't winning as all he did was play on the beach and did minor swimming. However, as the years passed, he's grown to a be a better swimming and recently have started to earn medals. With this determination, he will use it to go after the Legendary Pokemon, and as even accepted the fact that the Legendary he's going after is not a Water Pokemon a challenge and a step to continue his goal.

Your personality: Marko his a joker. If he was to go to a school, he would be the class clown. He's been like this since he was a child, and while the rest of his natures have matured since then, he still has this prankster side of him. However, he's as harmless as a fly, as the only pranks that he likes to pull is small, fun ones. Never would he try to attempt a prank that might hurt someone in the end. His jokes however, can do from simply being sarcastic and silly, to pretending that he has no idea what someone is talking about. His personal favorite thing to do is to reply 'Polo' whenever someone calls his name.

His prankster side is not a facade. In general, Marko is a jolly fellow, and can rarely get angry. He always looks at the upper side of things, and always hopes for the best. Even when the island of Cinnabar was covered in ash, he kept a smile on his face, mainly for his mother. This jolly part of him, however, can be like a brick wall. He's so use to being jolly that whenever he feels any other emotion, he buries it down, bricking it with a happiness. Due to this, some of his happiness can be considered fake. Thus, whenever he does happen to let another emotion other than happiness out, the build up that he has inside him will come up as well, and for a while, he has no idea how to handle it.

Your starting pokémon team

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Wartotle
    Nickname: --
    Short history: Marko's first Pokemon. It's been with him ever since it was a Squirtle, and it's the Pokemon that Marko pulls most of his pranks off with. If there is anything at all that would get Marko upset is that something happens to him. While they were both younger, both him and Marko would spend their time on the beach, playing in the sand and water as well as messing around with the people on the beach.
    Short personality: Since Wartortle has been with Marko for several years, he's developed the same type of personality of that as his trainers. Though not as problematic as his trainer, Wartortle also likes to joke around, and play pranks on other Pokemon from time to time. He's not as jolly as his trainer, sometimes getting angry at those who bother his trainer, and sometimes himself when he can't backlash it with a prank/joke or two.
    Attacks: Aqua Tail, Protect, Rapid Spin, Water Pulse, Ice Beam (TM), Yawn (Egg)

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Floatzel
    Nickname: --
    Short history: Floatzel was caught as a Buizel after Marko decided that he wanted to be more than a trainer. It was quite the random encounter, as Marko was fleeing from some workers in Valley Windworks when they met. Since joining, Floatzel has been trained specifically for Swimming, thus being Marko's primary Pokemon when it came to Athletic competitions.
    Short personality: Floatzel is calm and more collected, unlike his trainer and Wartortle. He's much more serious than the two, and doesn't take jokes as kindly as the other two either. One can say that Floatzel is the 'mature' one in the group, even though he's one of Marko's Pokemon. Someone has to keep him in line, after all. When it seems like Marko is too busy pranking and joking around, Floatzel is the one to remind him that they need to train for his goal, or move on to another destination.
    Attacks: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Agility, Swift, Rain Dance (TM), Aqua Tail (Egg)

RP sample
    As the sun was beaming down onto the small town of Littleroot, Marko couldn't help but smile. While he was journeying through Hoenn training and taking a few swimming competitions, he had received a letter from this place called the "Pokemon Association". Apparently, he was chosen to be one of the few who will go and track down a Legendary Pokemon. While catching Pokemon was the least of his goals, it was certainly going to be an interesting experience. It didn't seem like he was the only one looking forward to it either. Both Wartortle and Floatzel were by his side, just a chipper as he was himself.

"Alright, let's go find this laboratory," Marko spoke to his two Pokemon. Both of them nodded, before Floatzel gave him a 'don't screw around look'. Marko simply grinned, before walking into the town. It was peaceful, with a few people strolling outside with their children and Pokemon. It almost seemed like it would be rude to just start causing trouble in this place. Marko thought about this, guessing it wouldn't be a wise idea to cause trouble and end up getting kicked out of the town before he even got to see what the Pokemon Association wanted.

It didn't take him long to find the massive building that is the laboratory. Grinning once more, he pushed opened the wide doors, getting introduced by machines, assistants, and workers as he walked in. As he did so, one of the assistants turned to look at him. "Ah, are you here to see Professor Birch?"

"No. I'm just here to camp," Marko replied. The assistant stared at him for a moment, before Marko grinned, "Oh... I guess I'm here to see Professor Birch as well!"

The assistant could only sweatdrop, before guiding Marko over to where Professor Birch was. As they walked, Marko looked around at the machines and Pokemon that were in the lab. Other than the lab in Cinnabar Island, he never really went into a lab. Never really bothered, or he was kicked out of town before he got to a lab in the area. It was a nice place, but Marko couldn't figure out how people could spend their whole time inside, where they is a world to see, or at least the outdoors to go and spend time in.

Eventually, the assistant had finished leading Marko to Professor Birch, who was busy looking down at some devices. Upon noticing the two, he looked up. "And who might this be?"

"I'm Marko. I'm here to assist in catching a Legendary," Marko replied. He was really tempted to joke around, but it seemed like right now wouldn't be the time. Not if he is to figure out what he was doing there. So he took out his mission card, showing the Professor. He took it, looking at the name before stamping it and giving it back to him.

"I see. Good to have you come by here Marko," Professor Birch replied, before picking up a Pokedex. "This is a Pokedex. This is the device that I will be giving you for your journey to catch the Legendary. Go ahead and choose which color you would like." Marko looked down at the devices. Before picking up a Blue one. "I'll take this one." Professor Birch nodded, before he.. tried to explain what Marko had to do.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Reserving Suicune. I'll have my SU at 100% later.

Name: Kobora King
    Profession: Battler
    Legendary beast to go after: Suicune
    Appearence:
    History:
    Personality:

Years
  • Your name: Nicolas "Nick" Arkada
    Your age: 20
    Your profession: Contestant
    Legendary beast to go after: Terrakion

Your appearance: While not large, exactly, Nick is tall. At 6' 3", he towers above most people his age, and has just enough bulk to not be considered thin. He is quite average, in fact, more toned than muscular. His skin is very pale, and his eyes are blue, making his dark, shoulder-reaching hair stand out vibrantly. While he lacks true facial hair, he seems to have permanant stubble, which never seems to grow out. For pants, he wears blue jeans, either dark navy or faded teal. His preferred shoes are black loafers, but when travelling he switches to black work boots. In glaring contrast are his bright Hawaiian shirts, which come in red, yellow, and orange. As a final accessory, he wears a grey flat cap, and carries a large blue backpack.

Your history: Originally from Hearthome City, Nick grew up with Pokemon contests, and always wanted to be a performer. When he was six, his mothers and he moved to the warmer region of Hoenn for health reasons. Now living in Verdanturf, Nick continued with his dream, attending a local school to learn cooking and clothing design. He dropped out of design after only one semester, instead rasing his new Pokemon. He set out on a region-wide tour, catching as many contests as he could, and learning the best ways to compete. With his skill at cooking, he baked goods for his Pokemon, and trained them in the ways of contests. He was about to enter contests himself when he received the letter from the agency.

Your personality: Nick is upbeat and festive, and refuses to see the downside. He is a little naive, and more than a little proud and vain. Despite this, he knows how to read people and Pokemon, and always tries to help, even (or especially) if his help isn't wanted. He is also a little stubborn, and refuses to give up.

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Golem
    Nickname: Cinderblok
    Short history: A gift from his mothers, Cinderblok was given to Nick shortly after moving to Hoenn. Being with Nick for so long, he knows his trainer better than anyone.
    Short personality: Despite being big and tough, Cinderblok is about as smart as, well, a rock. Despite his disadvantage, Cindy does his best to please his owner.
    Attacks: Rock Throw, Tackle, Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Flamethrower (TM), Curse (Egg)

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Vulpix
    Nickname: Vixen
    Short history: While lost on Mt. Pyre, Nick found Vulpix sleeping. Overcome by how cute she was, Nick decided to capture her and train her to be in the show.
    Short personality: Easily annoyed, Vixen gets tired of her owner's affections and her companion's stupidity. She competes in contests out of vanity, and revels in the spotlight.
    Attacks: Ember, Quick Attack, Flamethrower, Captivate, Iron Tail (TM), Howl (Egg)

RP sample (include in your SU, yeesss)

Nick reread the letter he had been given, klnowing the severity of the situation. "If legendary beasts are roaming free, it can only mean trouble! And we're needed, guys!." He stands before his Pokemon, the setting sun casting an range glow on Littleroot below them. "We've been selected to help restore the balance, and given the chance to strut our stuff in the process!" Cinderblok raises his fists, yelling excitedly. Vixen rolls her eyes and lays down. "So, not only des are budding career stand before us, ready to bloom into a magnificent flower of skill, but we also have another flower to gain! The flower of a legendary! A rare flower, thus it's status, but we will find it! I've sort of forgotten where I was going with this metaphor."

Deciding not to waste any more time, Nick recalls his Pokemon, hurrying to the lab. He asks for directions, eventually finding Prof. Birch. "Hello, Professor. I'm Nick. Here's my card." He shows his mission card, and Prof. Birch nods. "Good. I was wondering when you'd arrive. I'll give you your Pokedex. This device is highly useful, and may be essential to your quest." Birch shows Nick the various models. "These are all the same, so this is merely an aesthetic choice. Just a little personal touch to make the jurney more memorable!" Nick peruses the table, looking for one that catches his eye. "OOh, how about this one? It's smooth, it's functional, it's sassy!" He decides on a plain red Pokedex, reminiscent of the original design. "A bit cliche, but I like the way it looks!"

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Oh wow. Already three reserves! Hey there, everyone! Can I reserve the electric tiger?

Your name: Kiren Sarine
    Your gender: Female
    Your age: 24
    Legendary beast to go after: Raikou

Your appearance: A child of two races, Kiren is an odd mix of contradictions. At 5' 10", she is tall, with long legs and wide hips, but fairly thin and average in the torso. Her skin is tanned almost brown, with straight black hair reaching her shoulders, but her eyes are an icy blue, like chewing gum. She prefers simple clothes, usually going with a white T-shirt and red cloth skirt that reaches her knees. She has several pairs of the same type of shoe, always wearing black running shoes. She carries a small yellow backpack, always cinched tight to her back.

When competing in an event, she removes her regular clothing, revealing a skintight black halter top and bike shorts, and pulls her hair back into a ponytail with a purple hairtie.

Your history: Growing up in scenic Lavaridge Town, one would expect Kiren to be a peaceful and laid-back person. While this was true in her youth, she reaaly came into her own when she discovered competitive sports in school. She wasn't exceptionally bright, and struggled the whole time to maintain grades high enough to participate in sports. Forgoing Pokemon training to improve on her own abilities, she quickly became the second-best athlete in her hometown, always striving to improve.

Though she only ever won silver medals, her abilities got the attention of an agent, who persuaded her to train Pokemon to compete. Explaining that human athletes just weren't as interesting, she figured her best chance to get a gold was to apply her rigourous training to a Pokemon team.

After years of training on top of Mt. Chimney, she entered a region-wide athletic tournament, her team making it all the way to the final round. There, in a thrilling display of skill and talent, her Pokemon outshone all of their previous performances, and crossed the finish line in record time. In third place.

Your personality: Fiercely driven, Kiren often comes off as harsh or insensitive to others. She strives to do her best in everything, and while she is slow intellectually, she is quick to anger once she figures out she has been tricked, mocked, or set up. Despite this, she is incredibly hard on herself if she fails. She is quite emotional and apologetic, taking blame for everything if she was involved. On the positive side, her tough attitude makes her quite inspiring, as she tries to do her best and will help others attain their goals as well. When not competing or training, she is actually a friendly and relaxed person, and enjoys playing games or just lazing around. Her quick temper and habit of making everything a competition means that most people don't see this side, however.

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Spoink

Nickname: Boota

Short history: When Kiren decided to train Pokemon, her first capture was a young Spoink she found in Jagged Pass. Impressed with Spoink's general athleticism, Kiren captured her, forming a bond with the energetic pig.

Short personality: Compulsive and energetic, Boota has almost as much stamina as her human. What she lacks, however, is Kiren's spirit and drive. Although she wishes to be the best around, Boota slacks off a lot and expects natural talent to carry her, though she has great potential when she actually tries to accomplish something.

Attacks: Psybeam, Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Snore, Rest (TM), Endure (Egg)

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Combusken

Nickname: Basan

Short history: During her training on Mt. Chimney, Kiren encountered a wild Torchic that defeated Boota in battle. Kiren took this as a challenge, and challenged it to a footrace. After winning, Kiren took Torchic in as her victory prize. By fighting off various wild Pokemon during training, Torchic eventually evolved into Combusken.

Short personality: Naturally talented and versatile, Basan finds himself confused by his own body. With so many options before him, he always has a card to play, but he likes to plan his moves beforehand. He is therefore quiet and hangs around in the back, granting the illusion of aloofness and pride.

Attacks: Focus Energy, Double Kick, Peck, Bulk Up, Protect (TM), Flamethrower (Egg)

Kiren stands in the winners' circle, on the lowest part of the stand. She holds her bronze medal, smiling for the cameras, as tears fall down her face. What did I do wrong? Sorry guys, but I let you down. After the events are over, she quietly heads out, her resolve renewed. "We'll try again! We just need to hone our skills!" She almost doesn't notice the man approaching her, but stops as he begins speaking. "Hello, Ms. Sarine. Truly wonderful job out there. I have an offer for you. You have just the amount of talent we need, and yet people won't know who you are." He hands her an unmarked envolope, tipping his hat as he walks away. "If you decline, then just send the letter back, we'll understand." Kiren opens the letter, just about to start reading, when she realises something. "Hey! What do you mean, 'people won't know me'?"

Walking along the road to Littleroot, Kiren glances at her belt, specifically the two Pokeballs on it. "Maybe I shouldn't have left Numel behind... No. You two are my best! You've got the touch!" She dashes down the road, not slowing until Littleroot is in sight. She walks the rest of the way to Prof. Birch's lab, not wanting to be tired or appear too anxious. When she arrives, she looks for the professor, finding him at his desk. She introduces herself, showing her mission card to prove her story. "Ah, yes! I've been expecting you! Come here, I have something for you."

Birch leads Kiren to a table, where a plethora of Pokedexes awaits. "Just take whichever one you like. And be careful! These things are irreplaceable!" Kiren carefully considers, settling for a purple model. "As you wish. I'll just enter your information here... updating... almost there, and, done! Here you are!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2020
    Aww… I'd been meaning to ask for Raikou or Entei… I suppose I'll reserve Virizion and have a SU up later today. :\

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg finally I'm joining a roleplay

Reserving Cobalion! I'll post the SU asap. ♥
    Tara!! <3 Let's hope it'll turn out to be an entertaining RP then. Cobalion reserved~

Reserving Suicune. I'll have my SU at 100% later.

Name: Kobora King
    Profession: Battler
    Legendary beast to go after: Suicune
    Appearence:
    History:
    Personality:
    Alright, you are reserved for Suicune~

Hey there everyone. Would you kindly reserve Terrakion for me? I shall add my SU later today. Thanks in advance.
    Hello Godzil, long time no see :) Terrakion reserved~

Oh wow. Already three reserves! Hey there, everyone! Can I reserve the electric tiger?
    I wanted Raikou! jk, I won't be a player in this one. Raikou reserved~

I'll be posting a sign up in a couple hours. Reserving Entei haha
    Looking forward to it, Entei reserved~

Aww… I'd been meaning to ask for Raikou or Entei… I suppose I'll reserve Virizion and have a SU up later today. :\
    :3 Virizion reserved~

I give myself the right to reject SUs if I think the characters are too boring... I'm serious xD

We see stereotype battlers in every trainer RP around here. Try something fun or weird for a change ;) Heard of Ruby in Pokémon Special Manga? There's a cool contestant for ya~

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Okay, I know that this RP is full, but if a spot ever opens up, I would like to be first in line to take it. Thank you. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Noted. If some SU gets rejected, you may post yours :) For further questions or comments, please post in the OOC thread though.

BUT Sign Ups go in this thread for now! Since it's the first round of sign ups.

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
    Years
  • Your name: Elodin Gyre
    Your profession: Battler. Sorry xD
    Legendary beast to go after: Entei

Your appearance:

Standing at 6'2" and weighing in at 215 lbs., Elodin can tend to stand out in a crowd. His light-brown hair, shaped by the same barber his entire life, clings tight to his head once the clippers do their work. The young man's face tends to hold the same modesty in appearance, looking nothing more than plain, at least in Elodin's opinion. Thick, but well-maintained, eyebrows arch over his relatively large eyes. These eyes sparkle a deep green color, the same emerald shade of his father's eyes. A robust, yet appropriately proportioned nose adorns Elodin's face, set over full lips and a strong jawline. These facial features can sometimes be the only parts indicative of Elodin's emotion, whether it be a jaw jutting out in anger or eyes drooping in despair, his face can be read like a book. A book that those close to him read often and easily.

Wide shoulders and a broad chest define Elodin's frame, giving him the athlete's body that he wants no part in. Yet, much to the teenager's chagrin, his father's incessant demands of exercise and fitness have led him to possess a muscular frame. His muscles are well-defined, yet they do not burst out of his clothes like those of people more passionate about their body image. Elodin looks more the part of a soccer player or swimmer, lean muscle and a slim waist, than a body builder strapped with bulging biceps.

Elodin's wardrobe is a simple one, consisting of t-shirts and jeans in the colder months and jeans and cargo shorts in the warmer periods of the year. The only thing that interrupts this cycle is exercise, (which has simply become force of habit at this point) when he dons a tank top and basketball shorts or If the weather is extreme, when he'll throw on a hoodie or coat.

Your history:

Born in Opelucid City, the final stop for powerful trainers before Victory Road, Elodin has grown up witnessing countless powerful Pokemon trainers, both home-grown Dragon-type masters and aspiring league champions, finish their quest for badges. Elodin's father, Michael, used to be one of these high-flying trainers, burning the ground with intensity as he strove for his final badge. However, Michael seemed to hit a wall in Opelucid Gym; he could never vanquish Drayden, his final opponent before challenging the true greats. Years passed, and still nothing Michael did allowed him to succeed. As this shame festered and grew, Elodin's father sought ways of escape. At first, he turned to love, marrying a pretty young coordinator named Shannon who caught his eye. But when she died and left him with only Elodin, Michael became much bitterer and hit the bottle hard, while his son was raised by grandparents. Finally, he turned to the military, hoping to either wash away his sorrow and pain, or gain absolution through fire. 5 years of military service left him a changed man; his wound still festered within, but on the outside, he was competent, organized, and commanding. Elodin was soon returned to the custody of his father.

As the years went by, Michael stayed bitter, pushing Elodin to succeed where he couldn't. He tried to make him stronger, forcing exercise every morning and evening; he tried to make him smarter, forcing literature down his throat on uninteresting mathematics and science; and he tried to make him a more competent battler, throwing Elodin onto the field to learn or lose. And losing was not an option. Elodin grew to hate his father, resenting everything he represented. The hard, bitter man pushed his last legacy on Earth, his son, away from him.

It was at this point that Kylar became determined to make himself a master of Dragon Pokemon, the one type of monster that Michael had forbade him from training with. He studied secretly with the trainers of Opelucid Gym, the men and women that Elodin's father detested with all of his heart, slowly growing stronger, until he recently escaped and relocated to Hoenn, starting a journey there. With his companion Gible, joining from the mountains outside Opelucid, Elodin began making his way about Hoenn, until he was recruited by those interested in making things right with the legendary Pokemon.

Your personality:

Elodin is a man of passion and vigor. The things he cares about, he cares about deeply and holds a vested interest in. However, contrary to what many would believe when looking at him, his interests do not lie in sports, fighting, or military work, but instead academia. He is a man of exceedingly bookish tastes, and is not in the least ashamed to express his joy and adulation for the great authors that act as friends, carpeting his shelf space with their prose.

Despite his literary fervor, he is not an introvert in the slightest. Rather, Elodin is a man who enjoys professing his opinions on current events and various theories of the contemporaneous authors of the moment. His vocal nature extends beyond literature and essays into the realm of politics, where he is truly at home. Nowhere is Elodin more at home than in the socialist musings of Leon Trotsky, or the nation-saving philosophies of Franklin Delano Roosevelt (unless they don't exist in your RP in which case, he likes Pokemon Creators X and Y xP). In fact, his political passions have landed him in hot water in the past, as he often does not know when to shut up and carry on preaching more than the Pope himself.

Whenever his nose is extricated from a biography or essay however, Elodin does enjoy to attend parties. He's hardly a juvenile delinquent, but he doesn't mind screwing around with his friends on Saturday night and drinking a cold one, or two, or ten. It is at these times when he is the most relaxed in front of people, boisterous and quick with a laugh, but slow to judge. Unfortunately, when he is removed from these situations of comfort or stuck at home without his friends, Elodin can begin to brood and become a bitter, angry person. He has a poor relationship with his single father, and it has in some ways turned him away from comfortable social interaction at home. His house is a toxic environment to Elodin and one he cannot wait to leave, whether it be for a journey or just an escape.

Your starting pokémon team

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Gabite
    Nickname: Gabite
    Short history: Evolved from Gible, Elodin's first pokemon, has been traveling with him ever since
    Short personality: Energetic and determined, Gabite does whatever he can to improve his own abilities and defend his master.
    Attacks: Slash, Take Down, Outrage (egg), Earthquake (TM), Sandstorm, Dual Chop

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Shelgon
    Nickname: Shelgon
    Short history: Captured during one of Elodin's mountain excursions, shortly after his arrival in Hoenn. Evolved from Bagon during his battle with Elodin's Gabite, before being captured.
    Short personality: Shelgon is steadfast in his desire to fly and is angry at his earthbound form, causing him to become an aggressive battler.
    Attacks: Headbutt, Bite, Protect, Ember, Dragon Pulse (Egg), Flamethrower (TM)

RP Sample

A pleasant, orange glow lit the land of Hoenn at sunrise, sparkling in prisms off the morning dew and turning the world into the canvas of some divine artist. A tall, striking young man strolled across one of the many rudimentary paths criss-crossing the land, admiring the stunning vista laid out before him. As Elodin approached the town of Littleroot, he couldn't help but be struck by the beauty of the land which he was attempting to travel through. Of course, even more pressing matters concerned the adolescent trainer, such as having the fate of Hoenn's legendary Pokemon rest on his shoulders and those of his comrades in Pokemon training. Elodin had recently been recruited by the global Pokemon Association for a special task force designated to investigate the displacement and odd behavioral patterns of a few legendary Pokemon from the other regions. Specifically, Elodin had been tasked with coming to learn the whereabouts of the fiery feline Entei, and he was to start his search in Littleroot Town with Professor Birch, at the behest of the Association.

As often happened in his travels, Elodin's rambling thoughts carried his feet all the way to his destination, of Professor Birch's laboratory in Littleroot. Shaking off his morning grogginess and rubbing the sun from his eyes, the teenaged trainer took his first steps up the steps to Birch's research facility, curious about what would come to pass inside the sliding glass doors. Of course, his answer came all too soon for a teenager early in the morning; Professor Birch nearly leapt out of the building to greet Elodin when he spotted him from the top window of the lab. The Pokeball-embossed glass doors of the Pokemon research area glided apart to reveal the lab coat-clad Birch, beckoning for the young trainer to come join him. Jogging the last few steps of the way up the stairs, Elodin was surprised and confused by being grasped in a bear hug by the professor, a man totally foreign to both Elodin and apparently, personal space.

"You're Elodin Gyre, the Association's new recruit," queried the academic, "aren't you?" Elodin sheepishly nodded his head, slowly fingering the mission card he had received from the Association that he had nestled into his pocket. Avoiding awkward conversation, Birch stoically remained silent during his search for the requisite information for Elodin. Drumming a relaxed tune on the counter, the professor searched for the requisite pages for Elodin's official and legal admission into the Pokemon Association.

Having finally finished his search, Birch stamped Elodin's mission card, sealing it with his approval. As a result, the process was at last able to move on.

"Okay, so first thing is first, we're going to need to get you a Pokedex to record data about your mission," proclaimed the youthful professor.

"Sounds fine to me, whaddya got?" asked Elodin. However, it proved to be a redundant question, because at that exact moment, Birch summoned up a display of multi-colored devices that appeared similar in design to Elodin's cell phone, if slightly bigger. Scanning through his options, the young man's eyes came to rest on a very sharp-looking black model with stripes of gold cutting across the back. "I think I might have to go with that baby on the far right," decided Elodin with some manner of finality. In a feat of perfect timing, the doors on the far side of the research center once again slid open, permitting entrance to another trainer. And with that simple assembly line experience, mission card and Pokedex, Elodin was on his way to travel across Hoenn, win the league, and investigate Entei in the process. Their brief meeting having been cut even shorter, the young man at this point decided to just thank Professor Birch and duck out, as a new trainer entered the building.

Fire Walker

The Wanderer
    Years
  • Your name: Lloyd Schleuter
    Your age: 25)
    Legendary beast to go after: Any, preferably Entei but I will take any.

Your appearance:

Lloyd is a muscular man. At 6'4", he is a huge person and is very built up. He is relatively tan, he has pitch black eyes, and his hair is on the long side, for a man. He grows a beard very slowly, but he shaves every so often, so even if you do see it, it will probably only be there for a day or two. He wears red pants that have the logo JC on them, standing for Johto Contestant, because he competed in an athletic competition in Johto. He wears black cuffs around his wrist, and he usually goes without a shirt, but when he does he usually wears a white skin-tight t-shirt. He wears black boots and a large amount of different belts in different styles.

Your history:
    Lloyd grew up in Celadon City and was raised in a rich family. His parents owned half of Kanto, making it easy for him to travel. His dream was always to be an entomologist, a scientists who studies bug Pokemon, but he never got his wish. He was spoiled rotten, and that is one thing that he did not like. He wanted to be like everybody else. He felt bad for people who had to live in the slums, weak and hopeless. He took out his frustration on weights and he worked out at the Celadon Athletic Center. At age 14, he could already bench press 100 pounds. As he got stronger and stronger, he was recognized by the Pokemon Association. His Athletic build, his experience in visiting places that no one could ever imagine, and his courage would be all he needed to catch the Legendary Pokemon.

Your personality:
    Lloyd is a very flamboyant and fun-loving person who likes a lively social round. Lloyd may be inclined to dramatize a bit, and people notice him, but he is generally good-natured and popular. He can be a little fickle and vacillating, but on the whole he tries hard to be agreeable. He is the definition of youth, strength, fearlessness, curiosity and restlessness.

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Aerodactyl
    Nickname: Sirocco
    Short history: On an adventure through Cinnabar Island's volcanoes, he discovered a fossil. After getting it checked out by Blaine's scientists, they concluded it was an Old Amber and that it could be revived. He took it to the Cinnabar Science Center where they promptly revived it into an Aerodactyl. Lloyd was so excited, it was his first Pokemon!
    Short personality: Sirocco is a very athletic Pokemon. From the beginning, it was headbutting things and breaking them. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is Lloyd's first Pokemon, so he loved him with all his heart.
    Attacks: Stone Edge, Curse, AncientPower, Agility, Roar, Scary Face

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Carnivine
    Nickname: Carnavalin
    Short history: While on their yearly trip to Sinnoh, they stopped at the Safari Zone for a tram ride to see the Pokemon. At this time, Lloyd was an official Pokemon trainer, so he went out to catch Pokemon. None sparked his interest, until a Carnivine showed up. It automatically made him interested, so 5 Safari Balls later, the Pokemon was his.
    Short personality: Carnavalin is a very off-task Pokemon. When he is needed to do Athletic Contests, he does them, and does them great, but the rest of the time, he is basically non-existent. He refuses to come out of his PokeBall. He is very shy.
    Attacks: Swords Dance, Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Ingrain, Sweet Scent, Vine Whip

Coming soon, like literally, maybe 10 minutes?

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Can I reserve the next open slot after Charzeon, if there is one? Sorry, I'm not sure if this counts as an actual "question" as opposed to an SU thing so I just...posted it here... :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can I reserve the next open slot after Charzeon, if there is one? Sorry, I'm not sure if this counts as an actual "question" as opposed to an SU thing so I just...posted it here... :3

You asked something, didn't you? So, the OOC thread please. But you can be the 3rd in line, since I had someone else asking before you.

Gah... it's 4:39 AM here and I've been out all night arranging a party. I'll have to go up in 3 hours again xD Sleep is precious. I'll review the SUs tomorrow evening, I hope. Thanks for signing up, again, guys :3

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • Your name: Jeremy Corbin
    Your age: 19
    Your profession: Contestant
    Legendary beast to go after: Terrakion (or a different one if Terrakion is unavailable)

Your appearance: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/187/a/2/a2e65ed456441083a31af5008e96c489.png

Your history: Jeremy has been around the Pokemon his entire career in life, though he never owned one himself fully until he was thirteen, he still got to act with them as if he had. His home was always filled with Pokemon when he was a kid because his mother, nice as she was, had a hording problem. They had significantly less after this was fixed, but there was still an abundance of water-type Pokemon, Maril in particular. He always had a whole group of them when he was home alone and had the task of taking care of them. They were such great things for games.

During his time, his closest friend Stacey had often complained about her disconnection from the love of a Pokemon, or that's how she worded it. In sympathy he would allow her, with his parents permission, to come over to his house and play with the ones he had. She would always preach to him about her jealousy, but overall had a good time. Together, as the two of them began to run out of ideas, would soon start to sneak out of the house and play with the Pokemon in the forest-y backyard, teaching them tricks and other interesting things that Jeremy would show his mother, to her delight, when they were all learned. In their goofing times they would discover new ways to make the moves of the many Maril dazzling and almost a beautiful sight, most of course, by accident. The new discovery led to more experimenting.

When he was thirteen, Jeremy received a Clefairy only from the luxury in his mother's obsession with water-types. While she was out she ran into a the Clefairy and had seen it use Water Gun. Automatically assuming it was water-type she caught it quickly and ran straight home to introduce everyone to the new guest. Upon seeing Clefairy Jeremy informed his mother that it wasn't the water-type she thought it was and that his friend Randy had one exactly the same. However his mother didn't believe him and attempted to get Clefairy to use Water Gun again, but it was evident after a lot of confusion that it didn't know that move at all. Disgusted and not one to waste her time, she gave the Clefairy to Jeremy to keep, thinking he would be better suited. Suppressing his excitement from his less than enthusiastic mother, he quickly went to show the new addition to Stacey where they both promptly named him Runner.

For years he and Stacey would take Runner out with their Azumaril and Crocnaw to see what Runner could come up with and to see the dazzling shows he could put up. At first they had trained Runner to be a battler, an automatic choice for Jeremy. However, Runner had a habit of using the alternative of his moves rather than the automatic, the more beautiful versions causing less damage than the normal, less dazzling versions. Hopes down Jeremy was unconvinced he would be able to do anything with his new pal. The thought changed when he was introduced to the existence of Pokemon contest and after seeing some of the televised round. Perspectives changed, he encouraged more of Runner's dazzling moves and the both of them would watch contests together, taking notes in an attempt to make themselves better.

During one of their training cessions, unfortunately, Runner had managed to use his Metronome to blast out an enormous show of Inferno, setting his forest backyard to blaze. It was attempted to put the flames out, but the frightened water Pokemon that had never seen a flame in their life fled and Spheal was not enough to stop the rage of fire by itself. It had taken hours to defeat the fires, but it was eventually done. From the fires Jeremy had acquired an abandoned Pokemon egg that was found in the heat. His feeling of justice wouldn't allow himself to let the thing go to a DayCare. From that day he retired in his attempts at contest fame. It was only after the egg hatched into a Sentret that he was inspired to try again.

Runner had been playing with the female Sentret that they named Maribel and had been showing off the dances and moves he'd learned during their ambitious period. Seeing the fun shared between the two, Jeremy was given the drive to become a contest champion once again. They started their training again shortly after with their new teammate Maribel on board.

He entered his first contest when he was sixteen, and since then, they hadn't stopped going for the ribbons. Getting closer and closer to finals every time and on a lot of occasions reaching semi-finals. He received a ribbon but once and uses it as inspiration to try harder. The ribbon now rests around Maribel's neck, an accessory in congratulations for winning the final for them.

Your personality:
    Jeremy is overall a likable kid. Active and fun-loving, it's not too hard to find something in common with him. Whenever a friend, close or not, decides to do something that he may find reckless, its common to see him tag along just to make sure they aren't injured in any way. Jeremy is impressionable, always absorbing something from everyone he meets, be it behavior or not. His natural habit of imitation makes him well made to act any role, even if on the inside he wasn't such a person. While he may quickly accommodate to the flow of things, he isn't a quick learner. It always takes him a few hundred times to get something and done right or even stop something that seemed to always happen.

Through finer living he had always known the path of obedience, always giving yes sirs and ma'ams. His skill of discretion can always be trusted. He always finds a way to switch the conversation when something on the subject comes up. Nothing would come out of his mouth so easily. When faced with difficulty Jeremy doesn't quit, finding the action to be shameful and cowardly.

He has a habit of obsessing over a thing or two and can get angered easily if these things are contradicted. The state can last varied amounts of time, and during so Jeremy has a habit of attacking just about anything and anyone for it.
    This habit can cause him to become cross with those who step in the way of his ideals and even cut off whatever ties he had with them. These angered decisions are not usually permanent, but there still have been a good few that were.

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Clefairy
    Nickname: Runner

Short history: Runner was a pokemon hatched by a breeder, but was then rejected because of unfavorable features. Released into the wild, Runner had lived an average life of a well-working Clefairy that goofed off quite a lot. While blaming a poor bush for disrupting a small moment of piece, he was attacked and captured. As fast as that he was put into a new life beside the Jeremy.

Short personality: Runner isn't that strong a pokemon and is a natural goof. He's always doing something silly due to his high curiosity. It's not a rare thing to see him break something from his own clumsiness or making a wrong move. Runner is not so easily insulted, since he usually doesn't pay attention to the babble of humans which results in getting his attention a small task. This pokemon can get angry easily when it comes to others or even inanimate objects. When yelled at or hit or being moved or punished in a way outrageous, he'll attack, most often using Metronome. Whether the attack is useful or not, Runner will turn away from whatever it decided to enact retribution in a superior way as if it had just shown it a good thing or two. Rarely if he realizes that his move was ineffective, he'll follow it up with a frustrated kick. From observation it is seen that buckets receive this punishment more often than any other tool. He has a habit of taking things that aren't his.

As well-mannered as a contest pokemon should be, Runner rarely shows he possesses the trait. This Clefairy is a pokemon of priority. If politeness if needed, he'll show it as he should, however, in the easy-going times outside of a contest, he lets his personality run free.

Attacks: Metronome (Egg Move), Sing, Double Slap, Meteor Mash, Wake-Up Slap, Blizzard (TM)

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Furret
    Nickname: Maribel

Short history: Born with Jeremy's family, Maribel always thought of the sea of pokemon and the few humans to be her only family. As a Sentret Maribell would always escape into the front yard and keep watch all knight, looking out for any intruders before slipping back inside to sleep through the day. She stopped a robbery on two occasions. When she evolved she paid less attention to sentry duty and more attention to making burrows. Maribel has a habit of digging burrows whenever she can.

Short personality: Maribel is naturally timid and not very outgoing and doing things haven't ever been her strong point. However, after a good pep-talk she can be instantly inspired to jump into action, if only for a little while. Even with the new burst on confidence, Maribel represents her behind the tubby body of her best friend Runner, though she doesn't do very well because of her enormous height. Despite her shy and someone fearful nature, whenever danger is afoot she'll jump into action to protect Runner and Jeremy with her might. While she doesn't know how to fight very well, she has amazing skill in nimbleness and agility and can run circles around her opponents with seemingly boundless energy.

Attacks:
    Foresight, Double-Team (TM), Quick Attack, Helping Hand, Follow Me

Jeremy paper in his lap and a pencil in his hand scribble a quick message home. He'd made it to Littleroot town with the laboratory right in his line of sight. He wrote fast, his hand-writing turning into chicken scratch (or... Pidgey scratch?). Like he did whenever he came to a new town he gave a description of the people, the weather, how it looked, the entire scenery of the area. It wasn't masterful, of course. He wasn't a good writer and even worse at trying to create a picture with words. He didn't have time to think anyhow. He didn't want to be late to this first meeting with the association. His mother always taught him how to make a good impression.

Signing his letter and stuffing it into the required envelope, he handed the new package to Fiona, a Pelipper that had been with the family for years. The energetic Pokemon swallowed the swallowed the note in its protective pouch, insuring to Jeremy that everything would be brought back safe. Eying the small town, Jeremy stood, turning this way and that. From around his neck he took his camera, trying to find the best picture for the job. If he couldn't describe the place, he could at least show some pictures. It would be like a postcard, only it would stay inside the camera. For moments he found nothing he through was suitable. There was nothing particularly spectacular about the town, in all honesty. A few houses and a lab. It didn't even have a Pokemon Center! How could the place be called a town? It was more like a village or some sort! A little bitty colony of three families or so, hidden from view of the rest of the world. Blocked off by a sea of tall grass, eager battlers, and lots of unnecessarily hostile critters. It was an adventure in itself getting here without something popping at them every twelve steps. Resting a hand on his hip, Jeremy frowned, a huff of irritated air coming from him. His mother liked the spectacular and he couldn't find anything to give her.

He glanced back at Pelipper who had--motherly as she was--taken her time to watch over Runner and Maribel as they ran around the town like wild beasts with no restraint. Frowning, Jeremy observed them as well. He had said to them not to act this way when they got here, but seeing no one that looking important Runner must have decided to do whatever he pleased and convinced Maribell to do the same. It was a wonder how they could even walk into a Contest Hall without being kicked out for unruly behavior. However, he couldn't stop his lip from twitching upwards at the sight of them trying to climb the roof of a building. Runner attempting to balance on Maribel's head, and Maribel looking out for anyone to catch them in the act. A cute little screen shot for the mind, if he could make a comment. Deciding his mother would think the same, Jeremy raised the camera, zoomed, and took a quick snap shot of the two trouble makers. They should put this on a birthday card, he commented silently to himself, reviewing the picture. "One year older and still up to no good." Yeah, he could see it now. Removing the camera from his neck, he almost handed the cubic piece of technology before he was stopped by the sight of Fiona. The Pelipper has a look of disappointment on her face like a grandmother watching the children. She expected them to behave just as he did and she knew just as well that it would be no use trying to stop them, especially when she was due to leave.

"Per?" Fiona said in a half-distracted tone when Jeremy got her attention. He slipped the camera around her neck when she finally came to her wits. Making a noise that Jeremy assumed meant goodbye, Fiona gave him her trademarked salute and flew off from the town, starting her journey back home. Silently wishing her safe travels, Jeremy started off into the town, looking for his two Pokemon that had taken it upon themselves to disappear from where they were previously. It was actually harder than he thought it would be to find them in the small town and, for a moment, he thought they had been stolen. Taken from him by some deranged, maniac person! He was practically running when he had finally found them on a rooftop, Maribel stretching herself to full trying to help Runner pick food from a nearby tree. Relieved as he was to see them, Jeremy didn't have the urge to laugh at their antics. Beckoning them down and promising a berry or two after a good bit of whining, it was finally time for them to get to where they needed to be.

Making sure everyone was on their best behavior Jeremy entered the laboratory. He was struck back immediately by the machines and the lights. He didn't think this small of a place would have such a resource! He'd never been in an actual lab before either. When he saw the building he thought it would be a really old super computer, a printer, and a desk with someone hunched over it. Instead it looked something more amazing. Everything looked like it had been painted in chrome and polished twice an evening. Even the pokemon had to take a quick glance around before assuming their quiet roles. He was unsure of what to do in the beginning. Before he could ask a question, there were ones coming at him. One of the scientist had come up asking his name and business.

"Uh... Jeremy," he answered as he came out of his dumbstruck stupor. "Jeremy Corbin. I was here for the Pokemon Association. Are you uh... Professor Birch?" He was disappointed to find out the scientist had not been the professor at all. He was taken hastily to the man when things sorted themselves out. He hadn't expected the professor to be what he had been. He was tall, a bit bulky, and had less of the academic-snobby air he had originally expected. In fact, the professor was off the wall! Jeremy couldn't keep a smile down while he was around the optimistic man. Runner and Maribel had relaxed a bit as well while still keeping their dignity.

"It's great that you've come, Jeremy! Its a pleasure to see eager trainers wanting to participate!" The professor told him enthusiastically, giving him a heavy pat on the shoulder. It didn't take as long as he expected to get checked out and signed up. "Once you're in this you can't get out, understand Jeremy? Are you sure you want to be apart of our association?"

"Yes! Of course!" Jeremy nodded eagerly, feeling like a ten year-old that couldn't say no rather than the teenager he was. Did the man have that affect on everyone? Obviously excited by Jeremy's decision, Professor Birch seemed to bound over to a secured box that he pulled out from a place he hadn't noticed. Pressing in a code, the box opened, revealing devices of every color. He was told hastily that it was a Pokedex. A mechanical and portable index to take information on pokemon as they were seen. What they looked like, what they did, how they acted, and how many were seen! It was like a compact database! Able to show graphs and all sorts of information! It was wonderful! And what shocked Jeremy most was that it was for him! And free! Well, the first one was free. If he broke it, he was out of luck. Still! It was magnificent! And to think! Before this he almost hadn't come! What a fool he was! And how thankful now that he was finally convinced to do it! Grinning widely, Jeremy took the device that sat in the middle of the Pokedex rainbow. A red one that looked perfect despite its initial plainness!

"There's a new chapter to your journey, Jeremy! Live through it well." Jeremy nodded to Professor Birch and was immediately at the ground to his pokemon, giving Maribel and Runner the full rundown of all he had been told. A little skeptical, Runner grabbed the Pokedex and after seconds of inspection found a way to turn it on.

"Hello!" It greeted in a robotic voice. "I am Dexter..." Amazing! As the Pokedex went on it became harder and harder for Jeremy to hold his excitement.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    BinaryPeaches, Godzil, Draginja and TheTrotsky are accepted.

You guys may now start to RP in this thread :) but only with each other, not with the non-accepted players.

Waiting for KoboraX and King Nido to post their SUs (in this thread).

EDIT: KoboraX's time is up so he has forfeited his spot for now. King Nido has stepped out from the RP, so now there are two more SU spots! This means though, that Charzeon and Charizard_Man may post their SUs :) In this thread, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <- usual line of doom

((OOC: I'm starting the RP. Your character won't see me when they come, and you won't even know who I'm playing right now. I'll be playing different characters throughout the RP. But believe me, there's a story to be fished up here soon enough... ;) ))

Littleroot was quiet today, apart from happy people speaking now and then. There were almost no shadows in this bright weather. But in the few shadows that did exist beneath the brick roof of the Birch Laboratory, was a man. He was clearly hiding. Watching.

He drew a long breath and let out a heavy sigh. He had been standing there for a while, unseen, waiting for the trainers to come to the lab. As they went in, he looked them over, one by one. There was one guy who looked nothing special, except for the brightly yellow jacket he wore, one pale guy with hawaiian shorts, one tanned girl with a red skirt and a serious looking, tall guy. The man in the shadows worked his mind hard as he watched them enter the building. He wished to know more about them. He should probably inquire the professor, as soon as the trainers had left. Left for their mission...

But he wasn't finished yet. He was waiting for two more people. He crouched back into the shadows behind a flowerbed. He surprised himself at how good he was at hiding.

///////////////////////////////​

Inside the lab, the professor eyed the four trainers before him. They had each picked a pokédex in a color of their choice. That was a nice twist to ensure that they cared about it and treated it well enough. If they all got the same colored, generic pokédex, they might not feel the same about using it... That was at least what the professor had thought when he had ordered many different from professor Oak's lab. He hoped that the two last trainers would come soon. He was eager to see the trainers, or agents as they were to be called now by the Pokémon Association, go out and get a grip of what was happening in Hoenn. But there shoudln't be any rush... yet, at least.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your name
    Riku Cloud Berlitz
    Your gender
    Male
    Your age
    Sixteen
    Your profession
    Battler
    Legendary beast to go after
    Suicune

Your appearance
    At first glance, one could tell Riku is not a Hoenn native because of his appearance. He had the traits considered typical of an Eastern Sinnoh native with his peachy toned skin and medium length caramel brown hair standing on end to create his fo-hawk. What makes people double take when looking at Riku are his deep golden amber eyes, sharing remarkable likeness with a wolves'. Once upon a time, he could easily appear gaunt due to his underweight and short form. However, the passing years managed to throw lean meat and muscle on his bones and stretch his height. Able to receive adequate nourishment, participate in football and basketball and the awakened puberty all worked in thrusting his new clean-limbed, 145 pound 5'10" form

Riku's keeps his wardrobe true to his rather cold Sinnoh home, primarily out of necessity because of low funds (his plane trip to Hoenn drained most of his savings). Having at least one outfit to match the weather, Riku is typically seen decked out in a thin black, white sleeve jacket with a white stripe on the collar, cuffs and bottom along with a thin grey hoodie layered right underneath, and a white tee with a black design of a soldier wearing a belt of bullet around his neck alongside a medallion of peace. He wears a pair of khaki colored jeans and a pair of black and white low-top converse. He keeps the wooden cross around his neck, acting as his only accessory-jewelry remains nonexistent.

Your history
    Riku was born Pastoria City, and grew up within the folds of his parent's upper-class, snobby society. Despite his parent's rules for general ettiquette and the like, he completely disregarded everything they tried to teach him. His books what were he immersed himself into.

Riku's mother died in a car crash when he was six, and his father was so stricken by her death he attempted suicide. When that failed, his father left his post as Sinnoh's professor and left Riku and his sister Brigitte to the care of their grandfather, Papa Berlitz, as he was known to the citizens of Pastoria. His grandfather, the once highly acclaimed Gymleader of Pastoria, was happy to take care of his grandchildren and enrolled them in the local Pokemon Academy. Riku completely drowned himself in his studies to try and keep his mind off everything, even meeting the Gymleader Wake who agreed to coach him in the ways of Pokemon Training. Being the new kid in school he was picked on, but he always though it was because of his unique eye color, or even his jagged hair. But then again, it could very well have been his reclusive nature, or his habit to go around correcting all the idiot zit faces on their grammar skills. Or perhaps it was the way he walked, slow and easy, as if knowing there was no particular rush to life. He was popular with most of the pretty girls because he'd put the stupid meat heads that hit on the girls down with scathing ability. It didn't hurt he was decent looking and dressed well, consequently he was about as popular with the guys as a cockroach. Unlike his sister, who was popular with everyone.

Once he turned thirteen he left the academy with nothing but the baby Elekid his grandfather had given him, much like his sister did a year before with her new Buneary. Unlike his sister however, he would not go around Sinnoh competing in Pokemon contests, but instead train under his Master, Crasher Wake, and travel Sinnoh with him to continue his training. On his fifteenth birthday, he arrived back home in Pastoria along with Wake. His sister had become a famous coordinator in those two years, her posters all around every city in the region. Riku, had become quiet the talk amongst the trainers in Sinnoh. He never challenged a gym, but easily defeated the many trainers around the region with his mighty Electivire and trusty Staravia. When he returned, he spent a year training at home. That's when the letter arrived, the letter that would be his salvation.

Your personality
    Wracked with inner suffering, Riku has a bitter attitude and a quet demeanor with an IQ through the roof. A tormented young man, Riku has always longed for acceptance in the world, constantly floating from book to book in search for more knowledge. Exceptionally smart and quick thinking, he has a tendency to over-analyze things, and has a very aloof attitude towards other people. Sometimes harsh and outright mean, Riku only spares the feelings of his family and elders. Although hyperaware about everything, he's learned to camouflage it with a dense nonchalant attitude towards anyting and everything, resulting in his social skills being null. Some of this was rectified after the academy's basketball coach beguiled him into joining the team, revealing him to be a capable team player in spite of his lone wolf tendencies.

Due to his family heritage, Riku is extremely cocky and has learned to mechanically train his Pokemon to become powerhouses within short periods of time. Among the students in his class, he is always the calm and poised one, who knows his limits and sets his priorities straight. In spite of the more negative traits brought on by his life, he cares deeply for people and Pokemon. He has a strong connection with many key figures in the Pokemon world. Apart from having the former renowned professor of Sinnoh as his father before Rowan took over, Riku's elder sister, Brigitte, is a famous Pokemon Contest coordinator back in Sinnoh. During his childhood, he was raised and trained in Sinnoh under the Pastoria Gymleader, Wake, who is a close friend of his grandfather, the former Gymleader of Pastoria. Riku cares deeply for each of these people and would gladly risk his life for them, despite his usually cold exterior.

Pokemon 1
    Species: Electivire
    Nickname: Electro
    Short history: Elektro started off as an egg, like any other pokemon, and was hatched the day Riku left the Academy. He was a born fighter, with an impressive move set right from the start he had no problem dominating Pokemon battles. Elektro evolved into Electabuzz when Riku and Wake traveled through Snowpoint and evolved into Electivire with the help of Volkner who happily shared the item necessary for him to evolve.
    Short personality: A confident, braggart of an Electivire, Electro has a tendency to be the leader, to want to take charge. He has a slight, devil-may-care attitude toward life, and chivlary is high on his list. Always willing to fight, he battles to test his skills more than to obtain another victory.
    Attacks:
    →ThunderPunch
    →IcePunch
    →FirePunch
    →Earthquake
    →Low Kick
    →Cross Chop

Pokemon 2
    Species: Staravia
    Nickname: Starla
    Short history: Starla was flying from Sunnyshore to Hearthrome, like she did every day to get her daily exercise and see her friends. That day was different, when a pesky boy and an overly sized sasquatch man snapped the tree she was resting in while they were sparring. Starla was furious and immediately attacked the younger boy who sent out an Electabuzz, her luck. She was easily defeated and captured, much to her distaste.
    Short personality: A Staravia with a will of steel and a tongue as sharp as glass, Starla is a very sarcastic bird, very prideful and full of herself. Beneath the layers of meaness, however, lies a yearning feeling to be accepted by her fellows, and does enjoy the companionship she shares with the other members of the team and even Riku himself.
    Attacks:
    →Aerial Ace
    →Quick Attack
    →Double Team
    →Wing Attack
    →Steel Wing
    →Retaliate

RP sample

The Seagallop Two's deck was not an unfamiliar sight to Riku. Indeed, he had been on it several times before, but his grandfather had never been on a boat this fast in his life, and despite his old age, he hung on the railing of the top balcony as the sea spray flew in his face, enthralled as his grey scarf whipped up in the air and nearly sliced surrounding passerbys. Riku had opted to sit on the bench nearest his grandfather with Electro and exchanged amused glances at the old man's excitement. The old man's voice was loud against the pounding of the sea waves against the hull.

"THIS IS THE BEST SHIP RIDE EVER! I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A BOAT THIS FAST! AND GRACEFUL!"

"I KNOW GRANDFATHER!" Riku yelled back, trying to get his voice to reach his elderly ears. There was a small silence, and then a 'pfftt' noise resounded briefly, accompanied by a woman's indignant shriek.

"IF I SPIT, IT GOES BACKWARDS!!!!" His voice was full of excitement as he laughed.

"I KNOW, GRANDFATHER!!!"

The sea breeze splashed in his face, and he turned his haunting golden amber eyes to the crystalline sun. They were on their way to Littleroot Town in the hopes that Riku would meet Professor Birch and start his mission. He was given a letter, briefing him on a mission he was selecting because of his superior skills as a Pokemon Battler. Since he's underaged the letter recommended having a chaperogne accompany him to Littleroot Town, but no further. It was convinient since his grandfather had to visit Johto anyway, and the Seagallop Two makes a stop in Cinnawood. If only his parents were still there, they could take him.

That thought immediately drained him of any happy feelings he had. He looked back up at the land mass before him, Hoenn. Hopefully, when this mission is over, this tropical paradise, these Hoenn people and places, the sunsets through the jungle and the tribal beat of waves on the golden beaches, would be his remedy.

His vaccine. His salvation.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

He stood before Professor Birch's laboratory with Electro standing beside him like a menacing statue, the local citizens and pokemon trainers running around and reminding him, yet again, that he was in the presence of real humanity. Sweating, shouting, cursing, giggling, trivial humanity. His peers, his sharers of race and creed and genesis. The sliding glass doors were enormous, he could see through where there were masses of scientists and researches in white lab coats, a never ending stream of hectic knowledge. A few trainers were there already, they greeted each other with jovial waves amongst themselves in groups, glaring at other trainers they had deemed rivals, already. So few the seconds of contact, and yet poison and love flew abundantly through the air in equal parts. Yes. Only humanity would be like this. So completely complex and paradox-ridden. He had hesitated to go inside. He wanted to remember this time, the moment that the true recovery began. The change had started with his acceptance of death, then the riddance of the pesky idiots of school, and now, the sliding doors of abyssal transmutation.

This, surely was not the end.

He quickly called Electro back into his pokeball then entered and stood there, watched as the faces of the people flowing past him creased, smiling broadly or giving him odd looks as he stood resolutely, a meridian on the highway of eagerness. He looked over at the other trainers, they were clearly older than him. Some looked bored, others pumped, and some showed awe or even pinches and dashes of fear. So many faces and ways to live. So many feelings and ways to begin.

He walked up to the professor, the other trainers staring at him. He handed Birch the card that was enclosed in the letter without a word, he hesitantly stamped it. Riku proceeded to pick up the brilliant golden Pokedex, two platinum stripes down the side. This was surely not the ending. This was his beginning. His second shot at happiness. The next bullet in the clip, or the next slot in the roulette table.

round and round and round it goes, where it stops….

He smiled and shook the professor's hand, "Riku. Riku Cloud Berlitz."

nobody knows.

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Your name: Sara Goodman
    Your gender: Female
    Your profession: Battler
    Legendary beast to go after: Virizion

Your appearance:
    107lu1t.jpg
    (person is from another RP, please ignore the name on the page. Also, I did not draw the picture but a good friend of mine did and she gave me premission. Character is my own, she just brought her to life.)

Your history: Sara was born and raised on One Island to father who was a pretty good trainer back in his day and a mother who owned a small herb store. Growing up, Sara loved nothing more then traveling from one end of the island to the other. She pretty much has Mt. Ember memeroized like the back of her hand. However, as she grew older, the small island grew less appealing and so she traveled to other islands, espeically Four Island which had the daycare.

The girl was more then a little disappointed when, as she turned 12, she and her parents moved to Mauville in Hoenn. However, before she left, the daycare couple gave Sara an egg as a going away present, which she was very happy about. The egg soon hatched into her starter, a Zangoose named Tavi. The two got to know eachother really well and Sara's father thought it would be a good idea if Sara got to go on a journey of her own. Sara also thought it was a good idea, but her mother wouldn't let her go until she was older. Now she has been traveling around the Hoenne reigion for some time and though she isn't the best, she's happy with her ability and her team. She's been contacted by this "Pokemon Association" and goes to see what all the fuss is about...

Your personality: Sara is a very happy-go-lucky girl who doesn't like to let things get her down. This can have a few affects on herself and the people around her. It can mean that she can see the silver lining on a cloudy day and help other people see it as well, or it means that she's just avoiding conflict or unhappy thoughts and is trying to force others into the same mind frame. Sara often runs away from problems unless she has to deal with it. Even then, she'd rather just ignore it if she has that option.

That said, Sara is a kind girl and will do what she can to help someone in need. This is particularly true if she has befriended a person and does not want to see harm come to them. Even then, she does have a habit to voice her own opinion regardless of the time or people around her. This can cause people to avoid her, though if one talks to Sara they may be able to find the decent person underneath all the yelling. Overall, Sara is a kind girl who tries to do her best, but has her flaws, like the rest of us.

Pokemon 1 -
    Species: Zangoose
    Nickname: Tavi
    Short history: Tavi was born from the egg the Daycare couple on Four Island gave to Sara. The two quickly grew a strong bond and he has been with her through ever aspect of life he could be with her for.
    Short personality: Tavi is very protective of Sara is very slow to trust other people. If Sara likes you that's a good start, but you'll still need to prove yourself if you want his complete trust and respect. He often tries to keep Sara out of trouble, and will do about anything but actually hurting her to do it.
    Attacks: Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Slash, Pursuit, Iron Tail, Posion Jab

Pokemon 2 -
    Species: Tropius
    Nickname: Mango
    Short history: Mango was given to Sara by a trainer she befriended but couldn't continue on with his journey due to injury. Mango was given her name by the fact that she has mangoes growing under her chin unlike the banannas of the rest of her kin. Use to have children but they died of a sickness.
    Short personality: Mango is a very sweet and motherly Tropius who like to look after other Pokemon, especially younger ones. She also tends to treat Sara like she was one of her young ones, much to the girl's annoyance.
    Attacks: Razor Wind, Energy Ball, Growth, Gust, Stomp, Sweet Scent

RP sample

Sara raised a hand over her eyes and looked down the hill at the small town of Littleroot below. Of course, one would think of a small town or village with a name like "Littleroot". Still...the trainer didn't expect that the town would be...well...this small! There were only a few houses as much as the girl could tell and one bigger building that she guessed was probably the lab she was told to report to. Did this town even have a Pokemon Center or Mart? Wow...it was a good thing there were some really weak Pokemon in the area, or else the town would be in huge trouble.

"I think this place is even smaller than the town on One Island, Tavi," Sara said to her Zangoose as he trotted over to her, having kept back to make sure nothing popped out. The mangoose-like Pokemon looked down at the town with his trainer and grunted with agreement. Although he had never seen One Island, he wasn't even born, he found the town even smaller then Sara. Of course, that's what happened when you grew up in a big city like Mauville and was only a day or so away from Slateport...you got use to having big buildings always surrounding you.

Sara chuckled at Tavi, guessing his thought, and started to walk once more. Tavi looked up at his trainer before he followed after her on all fours, sticking closer to her since he didn't think this place had any real threats. It wasn't long before she reached the town and asked an old couple for where the lab was. Sure enough, it was the big building she saw eariler. Sara sighed with how bland and predictable this town was turning out to be, but headed towards the lab none-the-less.

Sara walked in and was a bit surprise to see gathering of people on the far end of the lab. Tavi growled slightly but Sara gestured him to be quiet. If the mission was a serious as the letter she got said it was, then the last thing she needed was to get possible co-workers mad at her...at least not right away. As she neared the group, she noticed that they had Pokeballs in various locations and had the look of one which has traveled around quite a bit.

"Just as I thought," Sara muttered under her breath. "Trainers, just like me. Are they after the Legendary Pokemon as well?"

The girl saw a man in front of all the trainers. Sara, after a bit of squinting, knew that this was the Prof. Birch the letter had told her to meet. She had seen the the Pokemon Professor on a T.V show once so she knew what he looked like and she also knew who he was since, well, one wouldn't be a good trainer in Hoenn if they didn't know who he was.

As Prof. Birch scaned, he noticed the lone, amber eyed girl with the Zangoose walking towards the group. He smiled and spread his arms.

"Ah! Great! Another arrival!" Birch said as the girl finally reached the small group and stood with everyone else, her Zangoose laying down by her feet. "Would you mind telling us your name?"

"Sara Goodman sir," Sara said with a small, then reached into her pack and pulled out her Pokemon Association card. "I was told to come here by a group for a mission."

"Yes, do you know what this mission involves?" Prof. Birch asked.

"Yeah, we need to look for some Legendary Pokemon that have been roaming around the Hoenn reigion, even though they don't belong here." Sara answered, her smile growing. "I also got the names, but all I saw really saw were the words 'Legendary Pokemon' and I knew I had to be a part of this! So, do you have something to give me?"

Prof. Birch gave a rueful smile at Sara's, possibly misguided, enthusiasm, but turned to the desk behind him and picked up the box with the multicolored Pokedexs. He tilted the box so that Sara could see inside and asked, "Do you know what these are?"

"Of course I do!" Sara shouted with excitment, causing Tavi to jump a bit. "They're Pokedexes! My dad told me all about them! You can aim them at a Pokemon and, zap! you'll get to see everything you'll ever need to know about them!"

Birch smiled again, glad that she seemed to get the geist of what these devices were. He opened his mouth to say more but Sara already reached a hand out and pulled a plain white Pokedex. The Professor raised an eyebrow, wondering why she would pick a color like that? After all, there were so many to choose from, why go for the straight up white color?

"Thanks Professor!" Sara chipped, hugging the Pokedex to her chest. "I'll take really good care of it!"

Prof. Birch sighed, maybe there just wasn't any sense to it. Anyways, he let the matter out of his mind. Everyone should be here by now and maybe they could begin...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Charizard_Man and Charzeon, you are both accepted! ))

The professor cleared his throat, finally having given a pokédex to each of the arriving trainers.

"From now on, you will be referred to as the Agents, by us, the Pokémon Association. Marko, you are Agent Blue," he said, turning to the first trainer. He then turned to the others, one after one.
    "Nick, you are Agent Red.
    Kiren, you are Agent Purple.
    Elodin, you are Agent Black.
    Riku, you are Agent Gold.
    And Sara, you are hereby known as Agent White.

This may or may not be convenient, so use those names if you like. We will refer to you as those in any case, when calling upon you. Oh, yes, there is a radio in your Pokédex. With it, you can call me and each other." ((OOC: There is no such thing as a cell phone in the pokémon world... as you know, Ash goes to the pokémon center to talk to people. Just don't have your character own a pokénav or pokégear or something now :P ))

"You can also call anyone else if they have a pokédex or a similar radio too, if you program their frequency into your 'dex. This might come in handy in case any of you run into trouble or, better, one of the legendary beasts, and want help for any reason and in any way."

The professor began walking a little forth and back as he continued. "You've all been assigned to look for a certain legendary beast, you know which by checking your Pokédexes. There should be a list there with your name next to one of the beasts. Focus mainly on your beast; they don't like the same environments, so you might have to travel to different places to find the different beasts. Though... reports say they have been roaming the lands quite freely so we'll might have to see about that."

Then the professor stopped pacing and looked at the trainers again, smiling subtly. "With that, I wish you all good luck and... thank you, for helping us. For, possibly, helping the world. Legendaries acting weirdly has never been a good sign in the past."

"You are free to use the extra accommodations in the corridor down on the left in my laboratory if you don't want to leave Littleroot for the night, but I think you should definitely be able to get to Oldale before nighttime. Good luck, again!"

He was finished with his speech, and hoped the trainers had understood. But he remained there, by the pokédex table, in case anybody wondered something. If not, they should soon be on their way. He had to go check on something anyways.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    While Professor Elm spoke to him and the group, Marko's mind lingered a bit. He was listening, but only the vital points of what he really needed to know, such as his "agent name". 'Agent Blue...' Marko pondered this for a moment, 'That works!' As Professor Elm progressed to speaking about the Pokedexes and the Legendary they were supposed to be after, Marko looked at his Pokedex. Flipping it open, he look through, finding his name next to the Legendary 'Cobalion'.

'Cobalion? Looks like it's from the region I haven't visited,' Marko thought to himself, before grinning. While he wished that he was in charge of getting a water legendary, a legendary he never really heard of would prove to be an interesting challenge. Hoenn has a lot of ocean as well, so if he happens to have to cross it to get to the Legendary then it'll be all worth the capture.

Once the Professor finished, Marko stretched before stuffing his Pokedex into his Pocket. "Alright. Getting to Oldale might be a good idea before nightfall!" He grinned. If he manages to get there before said nightfall, perhaps he can mess around in a hotel before he leaves the next morning. That would be something interesting to do before things get really serious!

Back