• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

★The Water Park★
245.png

Suicune - Water-Type Pokemon of the Week
~Water-Type Pokemon Fan Club~

350.gif
503.gif

Owner: Meganium90

I N T R O D U C T I O N

Welcome to the serene oceans, the bursting fountains, and the sparkling wetlands. Home to the wonderful water-type Pokemon. From Oshawott to Staryu....to Kyogre to Feraligatr. If you're thirsty for water-types, whether you like swimming with them underwater, or like to have a water fight, this club is just for water-type fans just like you!

R U L E S

~All PokeCommunity Rules (including Pokemon Club's rules) apply.
~Spam is 20% less cool, yo.
~Zero tolerance for trolling, flaming, or harassment. Any acts will be reported to OzCake and Olli.
~Activity is a must here.
~Any member is more than welcome to start a topic if the old one has died down, or if I'm busy or not around. Stay on topic!
~Also, as this is a "water park", we ask that you come in a bathing suit, and no electronic equipment allowed in the park. :P
~Of course, have fun!

M E M B E R S

Olli97
258MS.png
129MS.png

Sector Revenge
Ani484MS.png
Ani230MS.png

Hikari10
Ani501MS.png
Ani393MS.png

Vaporeon7
134MS.png
368MS.png

Grey Cloud
061MS.png
222MS.png

Avishka
258MS.png
418MS.png

Cid
007MS.png
131MS.png

Jellicent♀
Ani593FMS.png
130MS.png

Kyogia
489MS.png
490MS.png

Xulek
009MS.png
260MS.png

pokemonranger109
489MS.png
490MS.png

♣Gawain♣
395MS.png
647MS.png

RudeStyle
395MS.png
186MS.png

TheAC29
395MS.png
565MS.png

AlexOzzyCake
418MS.png
130MS.png

Mentalii
260MS.png
368MS.png

Peresozo
418MS.png
Ani501MS.png

ShinySearcher
Ani503MS.png
Ani350MS.png

Loner_Grunger
Ani350MS.png
Ani130MS.png

miltankRancher
Ani503MS.png
Swampert.png

Mockingjay
Dewgong.gif
Horsea.gif

۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
Ani382MS.png
Ani160MS.png

lasttfarewell
Ani159MS.png
File:Ani259MS.png

S I G N U P S H E E T (aka your ticket to the park)

Name: Meganium90
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Milotic and Samurott
Why do you like Water-Types? They're so fun to play with, especially in the summertime. :D
Topic Answer:
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Of course, replace my information with yours. Admission fee is one PokeDollar. You must include this in your sign-up sheet or you will not gain access to the park. Also, all fields are required.

C H O O S E Y O U R P O K E M O N

Members can select two Partner Pokemon. Nickname them if you like!
You can choose one shiny Pokemon if you would like a Shiny Pokemon. (No more than two Shinies).
You can also choose legendaries as well. :D

Pure Water-Type

bB1Ka.png

LvUOS.png

7SzwM.png

Primary Water-Type

t2DQc.png

BgMxF.png

iGWLQ.png

Secondary Water-Type

zgjtH.png

A R T & S T U F F

99.gif
~Peresozo​

F U N E V E N T S

June 13, 2012 - riddle!
(Be sure to submit your answer to me via PM! Do not VM or post the answer here!)
Spoiler:

June 21, 2012 - Art Event!
Details in this post! Use your imagination!

P O K E M O N C L U B S I R C

Want to discuss the club in real time, or just want to chat? Feel free to visit Pokemon Clubs' very own IRC channel!
Click here, and you'll be on your way. :3

T O P I C S

What are the most interesting combinations in water-type Pokemon?
In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?
Your favorite water-type move? Why is it your favorite?
[Activity] Create your own water-type move! (more info in this post)
Worst Water-Type?
Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs an evolution?
Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader? Which of the gym leader's Pokemon (the one you chose in the first question) do you like best?
Favorite water-type starter?
Favorite Water-Type Legendary?
What don't you like about water-types? Why?
Do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.
Summer is here, guys...and the Water Park is heating up! What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?
In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?
If you encounter Magicarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
Has anyone thought of Remoraid evolving into a Mantine? What is your opinion towards Remoraid's actual evolution (to Octillery)?
Thoughts on Keldeo, the newly confirmed 5th generation water-type legendary?
Do you use any water-type boost items? (Mystic water, water gem, Sea incense, etc.)

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Mudkip and Magikarp
Why do you like Water-Types?: Apart from being one of my favourite typings in the game, the Water type Pokémon are usually pretty important for progression in the games too, which was what first led me to get a Water type Pokémon. The Water type moves have some of my favourite animations and whatnot, and like 90% of the Water types just sparkle with shiny awesomeness.
Admission Fee Paid: Two PokeDollars. One for the entry fee, and one for good service ^^

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): PROOF THAT I HAVE THEM WITH ME! :D (Also, I added titles..so hover for nicknames) :D
484.gif
230.gif

Why do you like Water-Types? They are one of the bests, definitely favorites along side with Dragon types :X Plus, water=swimming. What's more fun that Swimming??
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar :D

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Added y'all in! Welcome aboard! ^_^

I had a dream once before...I was swimming with a Gyarados once in an ocean. It makes me realize that it's not as bad as some of my friends mentioned. ^_^

I also remember when I was little... I had admired Misty's Staryu and Starmie. <3 Those two were my first favorites.

Years
Name: Hikari10
Your Partner Pokemon: Oshawott and Piplup
Why do you like Water-Types? Water is one of my fave types and in most games I choose the Water-type starter.

Years
Name: Grey Cloud
Partner Pokemon: Poliwhirl and Corsola
Why do you like Water-types?: I've always loved water-types, they're my second favorite after ice. The first episode of Pokemon I ever saw was when Ash battled Misty in the Cerulean City gym. :)
Admission fee: One Poke Dollar

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Name: vaporeon7
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Vaporeon and Gorebyss
Why do you like Water-Types? My favourite type is water because my favourite Pokémon, Vaporeon is a water type. Also I pretty much love all water types. Hydro Pump is my favourite move also and Misty is my favourite Gym Leader.

One of the reasons why Water types are the best is because they're the only starter Pokémon type to have HMs and lots of them.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip and Buizel
Why do you like Water-types?: I've always loved water-types and it is one of my fave types
Admission fee: One PokeDollar

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll add everyone on the list later on! First, WELCOME TO THOSE HAVE JOINED.

I'm glad to see that the water park is getting a good few members to begin with! Hope you're having fun with your chosen Pokemon! Now, let's start off with a topic, shall we?

Just a reminder that anyone is more than happy to make a topic in this group as long as the current topic is dying down. Okay!

FIRST TOPIC: What are the most interesting combinations in water-type Pokemon? Combinations would be: Electric/Water, Water/Ghost, Water/Grass, etc.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think the most interesting combinations are Water/Ghost, Water/Electric, Water/Grass and Bug/Water. Ghost is interesting because there isn't really anything that can relate the two types besides maybe a dead fish. Electric and Grass are interesting because they are opposites of Water types and Bug is interesting because I'm finding it hard to think of any bugs that live in water that aren't what Surskit is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The most interesting combination, in my opinion, is the Electric/Water combination. Water-types are strongly weak against electric types, and I'm quite surprised that there's Pokemon that exist with this combination. I don't have to worry about facing a pure Electric-type or deal with Electric-Type moves while I have a Pokemon that is part Electric. Chinchou and Lanturn, as well as Rotom are awesome Pokemon to share this combination.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'll list top 5 types that come to mind :X

592.gif
593.gif

Ghost with Water type. Only one family has it, and it's...well...the Pokemon who changes colors depending on the genders xD

270.gif
271.gif
272.gif

Well, I feel like I'm repeating myself in the Grass club haha. The Grass combination pretty much cancel out Ludicolo's weakness for Water. So the Grass half typing causes it to be weak. So for this club, we can say YAY for Ludicolo's safe Water side :P

400.gif

I've mentioned before that only Meloetta, Girafarig and Deerling/Sawsbuck had the only type other than Flying combined with Normal. Bibarel is added to that list, with his Water half. (I really don't understand why they made him Water type anyway)

395.gif

Unless I've skipped it, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Empoleon. Its typing is definitely a unique and not one to overlook quickly.

Dragon with Water was obvious, for me anyway, since Dragon types seem to suit many types (Seriously should be a Dragon with at least every type already, in my opinion), then Bug type for Surskit, you do see bugs floating around on the water. So I'm not including these fellas in the top 5.

So who will complete the list? Simple

318.gif
319.gif
342.gif

Well for all you Generation 3 haters, you can welcome and ready up for swimming with these guys. Water with Dark type is...well..unique also! Two water creatures you find real life, lobster and sharp, are dangerous when you put your fingers in front of them :X Seems suiting to be Dark types, making them sinister Water Pokemon :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd like to sign up pretty please! c:

Name: Jellicent♀
Your Partner Pokemon: Jellicent (female if possible) and Gyarados!
Why do you like Water-Types? They're so pretty, majestic, and so much fun to play with. I'm a summer child, and I like to laze in a pool during the summer. Having a Water-Type Pokemon swimming with me would be amazing. <3
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar. I feel so broke. ;;

I bet you have no idea what I'm going to say. ;D

1. Frillish/Jellicent: Water/Ghost.
Pretty boss mode typing there. Great coverage, and really quite interesting. You hear tales that the sea is filled with restless spirits all the time, and now it finally has one as a Pokemon!

2. Palkia/Kingdra: Water/Dragon.
Talk about a great typing. While they do keep their Dragon weakness, the ever popular Ice-Type weakness is neutralized and their butts saved from freezing off!

3. Gyarados, Wingull/Pelipper, Ducklett/Swanna: Water/Flying.
I always have been fascinated by this typing. It always makes me think of a flying fish, which are so fun to look at. It has a horrific weakness to Electric-Type attacks, but the typing is still so cool to me.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
  • Surskit Bug/Water
  • Jellicent Water/Ghost
  • Lanturn Water/Electric
  • Poliwrath Water/Fighting
  • Tentacool Water/Poison
  • Wooper Water/Ground
  • Kingdra Water/Dragon
  • Swanna Water/Flying

Cid

Years
Finally, an iteration of this club that I can join in! Fresh and new, too.

Name: Cid
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Squirtle and Lapras
Why do you like Water-Types?
The very first Pokémon I had was a Water-type. Moreover, my first theme here at PC showcases a Squirtle, my favourite Pokémon, and coincidentally that same Water-type I mentioned. Also, there are lots of Water-types I absolutely love. Adding on that, people who are fans of this type are naturally awesome for liking it. It even extends outside the Pokémon universe! See, I've always liked water for many reasons.
Admission Fee Paid: One PokéDollar.

What are the most interesting combinations in Water-type Pokémon?
Although I've always been a sucker for Water/Ice-types, I admit they are common enough across generations to be not so interesting for many. I still find them fun, though! Big Lapras fan.

But really, there are a lot of interesting dual-types for these water-dwellers. Water/Fighting for Keldeo and Poliwrath is pretty interesting. Along with Water/Flying as shown by the sheer coolness of the pelican, seagull, the manta ray kite and flying fish dragon thing. Pelipper, Wingull, Mantine and Gyarados to be specific. What else? Water/Rock is also neat, for Corsola, Kabuto and the latter's fossil brethren. Empoleon's Water/Steel is undeniably cool, too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, Jellicent and Cid! And yes, you can have a female Jellicent! ^_^

I think Water/Flying is also a great combination. It is great when trying to fight against grass and fire types. But the 4x on Electric is really frightening. I usually stay away from this combination, unless I am in dire need of a Wingull on my team. Water/Grass is my second favorite, wish there was more Pokemon with that combination. They would look awesome when battling.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yay thank you! <3

Water/Grass is a very cool type combo. Lotad and it's evolutionary line are a few of my favorite Pokemon, their typing is probably the main reason. Great resistances, great advantages, just all around great. I'd love to see more Water/Grass types in the future if they come out with more generations. Just think of all the possible combinations!

Years
Now, for my response to the topic on unique-typing Water Pokemon.

592.gif
593.gif

Frillish & Jellicent
These Pokemon are really awesome when trained right and their unique Water/Ghost typing makes them special. Jellicent is one cool bulky wall/special attacker that can learn some good special and status moves.

062.gif
647.gif

Poliwrath & Keldeo
Water/Fighting is one totally unique typing being shared on two different Pokemon. Both have moves that put it to good use too.

395.gif

Empoleon
Empoleon is probably the most unique Water Starter due to its interesting Water/Steel typing. Even though its movepool is lacking it still has good stats to show off with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I should probably go catch a Jellicent right now, since many of you are saying that the water/ghost combination is pretty awesome. xD

Anyways, I haz a (sorta) club annoucement. I'm thinking of doing a "Water Pokemon of the Week" thing, and I wanted to get it started by the beginning of next week. The featured Pokemon of the week will be on the first post. If I can get a few nominations from you guys, I can set up a poll and we'll vote for the first featured Water Pokemon of the week, yes? Sounds good?

Start giving me suggestions! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I nominate Jellicent, both genders. ;D
Reasons why:
Spoiler:

They're both beautiful, and should definitely take it to the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back