• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Combee! #12

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

pokeball.gif
Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome to the 12th installation of the Pokémon Manga Caption Contest of PokéCommunity! In this thread, we will present to you one or a few panels from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with a fitting piece of text or dialogue that captures the image as well as possible. It can be funny or cute or smart - as long as you follow the rules, it is all up to you.

The winner will be smugly featured in the moderator's signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judge next week's winner and choose what new panel to use. The greatest honor, in other words.

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Your caption can be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
  • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #12

c1_zps026a971e.png

This panel is picked by this week's judge, Maruno. Seems like professor Oak is getting shocked at something the pokémaniac Bill says on the video chat! Or is something else happening? You are the god now.

Best of luck!

Hall Of Fame

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Panel 1:
Oak: Bill, I've collected data on all 151 Pokémon now. I told you I could do it.
Bill: Oak, there are 718 Pokémon now...

Panel 2
Bill: ... and two of them look like ice creme.
Oak: SAY WHAAAT?!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Oak: I'll have you know that this coffee was heated by a Darmanitan.
Bill: You're aware of the fact that Darmanitan's fire burns at 2,500°F, right?
Oak: IT BURNS!!!
Bill: I hope you have some Rawst Berries.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just in case anybody wondered, we're leaving the manga caption contest open for two weeks at a time now since applications are less than before. Bring your friends, dear regulars :]

(if this wasn't obvious, this is RHCP)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

#12 winner...

f7V7El9.png

[supporter]Scyke![/supporter] - Professor Oak as a genwunner, haha!

Congratulations! You will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week (yes, I will even get a signature again, for your sake!). I think we will put the pokémon manga caption contests on hold for a while though, as interest has dropped lately. Might be due to X/Y, might be due to nothing in particular.

Thanks to the contestants this week! Amusing panel, it was xD Also an extra thanks to Maruno, this week's judge.

Thank you all for participating, and I am planning to make the caption contest return less frequently, with somewhat bigger prices... Stay tuned!

~​

Back