• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I have no idea what a PSmod is.
I was talking about people who play X and Y, are they nice?

I don't want to rush in there and say: "ARE YOU GUYS NICE? I AM A NOOB!" I've done this before, and was shunded away from the community before I even joined :(
Never. Again.

And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I want to avoid what happened last time.

Compared to most other online gaming communities, I'd say Pokemon fans are pretty easygoing, even the competitive ones. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are plenty of us who are happy to answer! :)

How do I get the Hex woman to give me Flamethrower? What time do I see her?

Between 11:00am and 5:59pm.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have no idea what a PSmod is.
I was talking about people who play X and Y, are they nice?

Pokemon Showdown. The people that mod it are in that nice italic purple. And that's still a large group of people to sum up. There are a looot of people playing X and Y. XD Most of the people here on this community are very nice though. You should go hang out in Battle Center some time. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Which Eeveelutions take priority? For example, I had an Eevee with a Fairy move and two hearts in Pokemon Amie, but I happened to level it up near the Moss Rock, so it evolved into Leafeon instead of Sylveon. I assume if I do it elsewhere, it will work, but what if it has a high friendship by that time? Why wouldn't it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon instead?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
What is the Best Way to Evolve a Pokemon after Completing the Game?

I found it hard to evolve a Pokemon after fully completing the game since there are just about no ore trainers to battle and what have you. Usually the best and fastest way to evolve a Pokemon is by leveling up through battling, esp battling a trainer with Pokemon that are on an equal or greater level than yours, but after completing the game, there are few to no more trainers left to battle, and of course battle them all and they're gone. I do know there is the Battle Plateau which seems to have an endless supply of trainers, but they all seem of have Pokemon on minor levels, which makes it hard to earn points to level up and thus evolve a Pokemon.

So here's my question for you; what is the most efficient way of evolving a Pokemon after completing the game and defeating all the trainers? And I don't wanna keep on battling wild Pokemon cuz that takes a long time. Has anyone found a good way of doing this?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Which Eeveelutions take priority? For example, I had an Eevee with a Fairy move and two hearts in Pokemon Amie, but I happened to level it up near the Moss Rock, so it evolved into Leafeon instead of Sylveon. I assume if I do it elsewhere, it will work, but what if it has a high friendship by that time? Why wouldn't it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon instead?

I don't know for sure what the hierarchy is, but I would guess that it's designed to make it easiest to obtain the evolution you want. For example, since Leafeon and Glaceon can ONLY be obtained in the vicinity of the respective rocks, they take top priority. Because if you decide you want Espeon, Umbreon or Sylveon then it's easy to remedy - just move away from the rocks. Whereas the other way round is more difficult; you'd have to make your Eevee dislike you more, or get rid of a heart in Pokemon Amie or delete its Fairy move. Similarly, if you fulfil the conditions for both Sylveon and Espeon/Umbreon, then it's easier to get rid of the Sylveon conditions than it is to get rid of the Espeon/Umbreon conditions - therefore Sylveon should take priority over Espeon/Umbreon.

This is all just speculation though.

Years
1. Turn on the Exp. Share and defeat the Elite Four over and over again.
2. Turn on the Exp. Share, level up your rank in the Battle Chateau and battle those trainers with Audinos.
3. Battle Barons and Viscounts if the Pokemon you're trying to evolve by levelling up is around Lv. 15 and 20.

That's all I know, hope it helps.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
You can use the Writs of the Battle Chateau to manipulate the levels of the trainers' Pokemon there.

Writs are pretty damned expensive, plus it's awfully hard to use them to manipulate the level to a level 60 and up Pokemon and don't they only last until midnight?

Just to clear things up; I find mega stones between the hours of 8-9 real time as in 8-9 on my clock, correct?

I ask this because I always check the locations that all the mega stones are found between 8-9 and I never find the stones. WTF????

Last edited:
Years
Just to clear things up; I find mega stones between the hours of 8-9 real time as in 8-9 on my clock, correct?

I ask this because I always check the locations that all the mega stones are found between 8-9 and I never find the stones. WTF????

Yes you can find Mega Stones between 8-9pm on your clock. The Mega Stones are depicted as sparkles in the overworld, click them and you'll obtain it.

Here's all the ones you obtain with this method (after beating the Elite Four):

Aggronite (Y only) / Tyranitarite (X only) - Cyllage Gym
Banettite - Chamber of Emptiness (on Route 22, requires Surf and Waterfall)
Garchompite - Victory Road (at the tower west of the Ranger who heals your Pokemon)
Gyaradosite - Couriway Town
Heracronite (Y only) / Pinsirite (X only) - Santalune Forest
Houndoomite (Y only) / Manectite (X only) - Route 16
Kangaskhanite - Glittering Cave
Mawilite - Shabboneau Castle (located in Camphrier Town)
Medichamite - Laverre City
Scizorite - Frost Cavern (found behind the Abomasnow)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Yes you can find Mega Stones between 8-9pm on your clock. The Mega Stones are depicted as sparkles in the overworld, click them and you'll obtain it.

Here's all the ones you obtain with this method (after beating the Elite Four):

Aggronite (Y only) / Tyranitarite (X only) - Cyllage Gym
Banettite - Chamber of Emptiness (on Route 22, requires Surf and Waterfall)
Garchompite - Victory Road (at the tower west of the Ranger who heals your Pokemon)
Gyaradosite - Couriway Town
Heracronite (Y only) / Pinsirite (X only) - Santalune Forest
Houndoomite (Y only) / Manectite (X only) - Route 16
Kangaskhanite - Glittering Cave
Mawilite - Shabboneau Castle (located in Camphrier Town)
Medichamite - Laverre City
Scizorite - Frost Cavern (found behind the Abomasnow)

Thanx for the help, but I was looking for them in these locations, the Garchompite in particular, and I can't find em. WTF??

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Thanx for the help, but I was looking for them in these locations, the Garchompite in particular, and I can't find em. WTF??

You might have already done this, but have you talked to Professor Sycamore in Anistar City? You can't start seeing mega stones until you've talked to him after beating the Elite 4.

If you haven't yet, then to do so you have to beat your rival in Kiloude City and she/he will tell you that the professor wants to see you (something like that).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
The Garchompite is behind one of the Rock Smashable walls in one of the outdoor portions of Victory Road (it's facing sideways to the right).

Yeah, I know where it's supposed to be, but it's not there!

And i couldn't find the Gyrados megastone where it's supposed to be (where the waterfalls are) either!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

And i couldn't find the Gyrados megastone where it's supposed to be (where the waterfalls are) either!

Have you already talked to the professor in front of that giant crystal sun-dial thingy town?
Also, make sure that the time on your 3DS is between 8pm and 9pm. You can easily check your 3DS time by going to the Home screen, or by saving the game.
Hope that helps~ :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

In addition to what me and destinedjagold said, here's what Smogon's Mega Stone location guide says:
In the open-air area with the ruins of an ancient castle where you have the healer and you fought your rival, it is in the westernmost area. The Garchompite is glittering in front of a column at the northwest point of that map area.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Have you already talked to the professor in front of that giant crystal sun-dial thingy town?
Also, make sure that the time on your 3DS is between 8pm and 9pm. You can easily check your 3DS time by going to the Home screen, or by saving the game.
Hope that helps~ :3

Yup. Did all that too, only I can't remember everything he said. Do I need to do something in front of the sun-dial before I go searching for the stones or what? Because they're not showing up! And yes, I made sure the time on my 3Ds was between 8-9.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yup. Did all that too, only I can't remember everything he said. Do I need to do something in front of the sun-dial before I go searching for the stones or what? Because they're not showing up! And yes, I made sure the time on my 3Ds was between 8-9.

Did you interact with the sundial (stand in front of it and press A)?

Deceit

Toxic.
Years

If the time is between 8-9 and you say you've talked to the professor, then I think the only way they aren't showing up is if you've tampered with your time/date settings. Have you changed the time on your 3DS lately? Doing so can stop all time-based events from occurring for about a few days.

Edit: Oh right, and what PD said. You don't need to interact with the sundial every time you go searching for stones, the only time you have to is in the middle of the conversation between you and the professor. He'll ask you to touch the sun dial, which you might have missed if you weren't paying attention.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
If the time is between 8-9 and you say you've talked to the professor, then I think the only way they aren't showing up is if you've tampered with your time/date settings. Have you changed the time on your 3DS lately? Doing so can stop all time-based events from occurring for about a few days.

Edit: Oh right, and what PD said. You don't need to interact with the sundial every time you go searching for stones, the only time you have to is in the middle of the conversation between you and the professor. He'll ask you to touch the sun dial, which you might have missed if you weren't paying attention.

Oh no! Did they put a battery in this game cartridge as well? I remember that caused so many problems in Ruby, Saphire and Emerald when the batteries started dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back