• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So, I got a question.
    You know how when we are now cancelling a trade, the screen goes black?
    Well, my 3DS was stuck on that black screen for god-knows how long. The background music was still playing though. So, yeah, I was forced to force-shutdown my 3DS.

Though I did noticed that I canceled the trade at exactly midnight, or when the clock struck midnight. So that's maybe it.

Has anyone experienced this as well? =/
    Or maybe is this worth reporting to GF or Nintendo?
    This may not be the best piece of advice, as I'm not particularly sure what you're referring to, but as long as no damage was done to the file, and as long as it doesn't occur again, I'd say don't worry about it.

Whats is he best place too look for shinys?
    Probably fishing for shinies. You get an increased chance of finding a shiny if you keep a streak of fishing alive.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • This may not be the best piece of advice, as I'm not particularly sure what you're referring to, but as long as no damage was done to the file, and as long as it doesn't occur again, I'd say don't worry about it.

Probably fishing for shinies. You get an increased chance of finding a shiny if you keep a streak of fishing alive.

Do you know where should i fish?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do you know where should i fish?
    Well what's great about it is you can ultimately choose what shiny you want by where you fish. So take a look at the PokeEarth on Serebii and just look at the routes and towns with water.

It should be noted that you need a Suction Cups lead Pokemon. And I do believe facing rocks or fishing in a more secluded area helps, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • If you hit a pokemon with Mummy ability, and your ability changes to Mummy. And then you activate your Mega-form. Will you still have Mummy?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you hit a pokemon with Mummy ability, and your ability changes to Mummy. And then you activate your Mega-form. Will you still have Mummy?

Your ability would go back to normal only when your Pokémon is called back into their Poké Ball, I think. Not sure if anything else could fix it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Your ability would go back to normal only when your Pokémon is called back into their Poké Ball, I think. Not sure if anything else could fix it.

Actually, a lot of the Mega Evolutions do actually change their ability. (So if your Alakazam had MAgic Guard or Synchronize through the battle, then mega evolved it would always become Trace, so it would stand to reason that Mummy would also be changed, however that's one of those things that can only be found out by trying because on paper it SHOULD be one way, but it doesn't mean it will be that way in practice)

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • I just hatch 2 Cryogonal with calm nature. I need to know which one is better. The IV checker in Kiloude City said
    1. This Pokémon potential is decent all around. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its Attack stat. Stats like that... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.
    2. This Pokémon potential is decent all around. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its Sp.Atk stat. It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it.

Years
  • I just hatch 2 Cryogonal with calm nature. I need to know which one is better. The IV checker in Kiloude City said
    1. This Pokémon potential is decent all around. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its Attack stat. Stats like that... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.
    2. This Pokémon potential is decent all around. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its Sp.Atk stat. It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it.
    I would say the first one might be better as its Attack is at 31IV. The 2nd one doesn't have any stats at 31IV so it might be weaker.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I just hatch 2 Cryogonal with calm nature. I need to know which one is better. The IV checker in Kiloude City said

The first one is better, because it has 31 Attack IV's and the second one has 16 to 25 Sp.Attack IV's.
    I don't know if Cryogonal is a physical attacker or a special attacker, but if physical, than the first one is the best option of course.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • The first one is better, because it has 31 Attack IV's and the second one has 16 to 25 Sp.Attack IV's.
    I don't know if Cryogonal is a physical attacker or a special attacker, but if physical, than the first one is the best option of course.
    Thank you legendhunter14!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wow, and here I thought breeding for a 6IV PKMN is easy. >.>
    How does one do it?
    I put 2 5IVs as parents, one doesn't have IV in HP, while the other in Speed. One's holding a Destiny Knot, of course.

And, if a 6IV doesn't fit an Absol, then what stats should be good for one? :3

(I don't even know why I'm asking if I don't even want to bring an Absol for battles. >.>)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I just hatch 2 Cryogonal with calm nature. I need to know which one is better. The IV checker in Kiloude City said

I'd like to point out that Cryogonal has a terrible base Attack stat, so even though (as the other two people have said) the first one has much better IVs for its Attack, that's a pretty useless stat to be good in. You would be better off choosing the second one.

Wow, and here I thought breeding for a 6IV PKMN is easy. >.>
    How does one do it?
    I put 2 5IVs as parents, one doesn't have IV in HP, while the other in Speed. One's holding a Destiny Knot, of course.

And, if a 6IV doesn't fit an Absol, then what stats should be good for one? :3

(I don't even know why I'm asking if I don't even want to bring an Absol for battles. >.>)

There's a lot of luck involved in breeding a 6IV Pokemon. The Destiny Knot only passes on 5 of the parents' stats, so even if those 5 are all 31, the final stat will still be random. So at best you have a 1/32 chance of hatching a 6IV Pokemon. Since both parents have one non-perfect stat, it's even less than that.

However, as arinceo said, Absol is a physical attacker, so it could even have a Special Attack IV of 0 and it wouldn't make any difference. So if you manage to get one with 31 in everything but Special Attack, you're golden.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I'm aiming for the Shiny charm, but when I search for legendaries like Dialga, Groudon and such they ask for things I don't have! How do I get one of these? What should I deposit to get one?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm aiming for the Shiny charm, but when I search for legendaries like Dialga, Groudon and such they ask for things I don't have! How do I get one of these? What should I deposit to get one?

Put another Pokébank Legend in the GTS.
    That, or a valuable shiny PKMN. I managed to start collecting them after my Shiny Metagross was traded for a Raikou. And from Raikou, I traded to get the other by putting them on the GTS.
    Of course, you'll also need to study which legendary needs which.

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Raising a battle Lucario

I'm trying to make a male physical Lucario, my favourite Pokemon. I have been catching Riolus and I found a male Riolu that has Max IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, and Speed. Only stat it is missing is Special def. Is this good enough to go along with? Also, the bad thing I found with it is it has a RASH nature. I need it to have an ADAMANT nature for it to be physical. Should I find a Ditto with an ADAMANT nature and just breed them?

Or is the Lucario you obtain from the gym leader good enough with EV training alone?

If anyone can help me raise one or obtain one, it would be appreciated.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Jolly is actually the better nature, since Lucario needs an extra bit of Speed (its Attack is high enough, and physical Lucarios almost always run Swords Dance). Don't worry so much about the Defense/Sp.Defense IVs. Lucario's so frail that 31 IVs in those stats will hardly make a difference. The important ones are Speed, Attack, and HP. If you need a set, here ya go:

-(Mega) Lucario w/Lucarionite or Focus Sash
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Justified is best, but not vital, and it'll change to Adaptability if it Mega Evolves anyway
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Close Combat, Swords Dance, Crunch/Earthquake, Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch

Years
  • Depends if you want to use it for competitive gaming as well. I'm pretty new at that scene as well, but if you can/want you should re-breed for the nature u prefer. My starters have all bad natures but I'm going to raise them anyway. I can always re-breed for competitive battling.

Like No Chance Without Zekrom said, Jolly is actually better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Also don't breed Lucario, Catch them. All the pokemon in Kalos with an unknown egg group (basically baby and legendary pokemon) all come with at least 3 IVs so you are WAY better off catching them than breeding them. Also what I would do is first of all catch a Ralts (not a Ditto) with the nature you want and Sycnhronize. (this raises the chance of encoutnering wild pokemon with that same nature to 50%) then catch the Riolu with teh nature you want until you get the IVs in the stats you want. After this, you COULD catch more Riolus and breed them when they become Lucarios as it will drastically reduce your IV breeding with you start with parents that both have at least 3IVs each. (although at this point you could use a Ditto if you want, as long as it's from Friend Safari as they have at least two IVs) but really, in the case of the wild baby pokemon (Riolu, Budew, Azurill, etc) you're much better off catching wild ones and breeding those than breeding from scratch.

Edit: just make sure you have the destiny knot to pass down 5 IVs from the parents

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back