• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Shattered Era: OOC

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Ok, ok! Since I was told two spots were opened up (thanks for that!) I'll reserve a spot with the Knights! No wait, Mechanists! No wait, KNIGHTS! BAH! It's hard to decide. If Garet wants one of the two sides, I'll take whichever one is left.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Great, then I'll pick the mechanists! I'll work on my SU soon, and have it up most likely by Friday!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Guys, I am SO excited to read all of your SUs. It's going to be so good, seeing all of your ideas and the possible creativity in scenarios with them. SO HYPE.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • Okay, putting up my SU right now. Currently a work in progress.

My SU's done now!

Name: Felix Teufel

Pokemon Species: Blaziken

Job Title: Knight of the Oran

Appearance: Cleanliness is good and all, but beyond that, Felix has no reason to be fastidious about his appearance. Why should anyone care if he looks a little scruffy? The way Felix sees it, fashion and extreme grooming are vain and pretentious. If anything, he feels that there should be signs of wear, tear, and grime to indicate that a Knight is doing his job. Since his father is a Zoroark, the tips of Felix's beige feathers are colored black as a result. Some Pokemon have assumed he dyes it that way. His lower legs are peppered with bruised and broken feathers, a result of his fighting style and wearing weighted anklets during training. While off-duty, Felix wears a Gem of Knighthood around his neck, where the green gem can be hidden under his feathers.

It is possible that the Pokemon who designed Felix's armor had intimidation in mind. On-duty, Felix's torso is encased in a shirt of black chainmail, which also covers a light steel chestplate. The chainmail is painted so a V-shaped line divides the upper, black half from the lower, maroon half. His leg-guards are colored maroon, his arm-guards black. The helmet that protects the upper half of Felix's face and head is black for the most part; a maroon-colored section imitates the entirety of his V-shaped crest. The helmet is the only piece of armor that looks like it's been in use for years. The Knights' Oran Berry is centered on Felix's front, and the Gem of Knighthood is embedded in the middle of his helmet's crest.

Personality: Catch him at any time when he isn't carrying out the duties of a Knight, when he has the time to be himself, and Felix is very mild-mannered. He finds it easy to get along with almost every Pokemon he meets and hardly ever gives a hard argument. At times, it seems like Felix would let another 'mon push him around without a care. He's more or less content with having food, a place to sleep, a few friends to spend time with, and a job. The oddity is that Felix talks to himself very often, quietly so that it doesn't attract much attention from other 'mons.

At least to some, it sounds almost like Felix doesn't have the guts to be a Knight, especially if he ventures to voice his opinions about the war. For one thing, the machinery itself isn't trying to overthrow the Council's way of life; it's the Pokemon using it. Furthermore, perhaps the wars of past and present wouldn't be happening if the Council would give machinery a chance, right? Besides, Felix feels a bit squeamish about the sights that usually accompany all the fighting. He wouldn't admit any of this to anyone, except to Arceus and Moltres. If anyone knows what is right and wrong in all this, it's them. If they decide to somehow punish Felix for his thoughts, so be it.

Need to remember, this is when Felix is himself, off-duty, having some free time. 'Split personality' may or may not be the appropriate term, but Felix's entire outlook changes come time to don his armor. He becomes all businesslike and tolerates no nonsense. The Mechanists are the enemy, machinery must be destroyed, and Felix doesn't give a second thought to the aesthetics of the battlefield. This change in behavior is accompanied by what we'd call a light German accent. This is the Felix Teufel that is a Knight of the Oran, a weapon for the Council to do with as they wish.

History: Felix is the second son of Gerulf Teufel, a Zoroark who had his first son, Kolman, by a previous wife. Her name was never mentioned around Felix. Gerulf turned his back on his wife when it was discovered that she was smuggling machinery into the black markets of Markus. With her dead, it was a few years before Gerulf courted and married Berta Orlando, Felix's mother. Her family didn't like the idea of Berta marrying a Zoroark, but they weren't going to stop her. She had managed to become a Knight, after all.

As a child, it seemed natural for Felix to have a Blaziken for a mother, a Zoroark for a father, and a Zorua for a half-brother who was five years older than him. It was the family he grew up in. Felix's mother taught him the Knights' code of honor during his early childhood, though she seemed somewhat divided when it came to rule number 4 - "a Knight must show compassion, bravery, honesty, empathy, chivalry, and mercy to all but their enemies." Felix never paid much mind to the last few words anyway. He was busy with listening to his mother and fantasizing about being a Knight himself. These childhood fantasies in particular began after Berta told Felix stories of his grandfather on his mother's side, a Knight in his own time. His helmet was passed down, and Felix was told that he'd wear it when he became a Blaziken.

Felix was about six years old when they moved to Swine. His parents were both retired Knights by that time, and Kolman was already in training. Felix received the same standard training as the other cadets of his age, but his personal training was overseen by both of his parents and an Alakazam named Thane. Berta's training focused mainly on speed; among other things, she had Felix wear weighted anklets and bracelets for building up the speed in his legs and arms. As far as Felix's mother was concerned, there was no point in building up strength unless you were quick as well.

Almost every bit of training that Felix got from Gerulf and Thane came through his father's illusions and Thane's psychic abilities. The two Pokemon together created many realistic scenarios for Felix to go through, in order to put him in different situations and prepare Felix for just about any possibility they could think of. It was relatively normal for Felix when the scenario ran more along the lines of a Knight's training, like going up against at least two or three opponents at a time. Other scenarios were not so normal - citizens who stole food just so they could eat, or fellow Knights who would accept bribes or some such un-Knightly thing.

As Felix grew older, Gerulf and Thane began throwing in the occasional virtual situation that usually confused Felix enough that he hardly ever beat them. His squad of Knights would suddenly betray him in some way for no reason at all, or he would have to commit a capital crime in order to survive. Overall, all these scenarios ranged from normal and expected to entirely preposterous. At least, it was in Felix's mind that some of them were preposterous. For example, why in the world would his own mother attack him mercilessly? At the same time, Felix expressed his budding views on life in general, which clashed with what Gerulf thought should be a Knight's point of view. The consequences of Felix's views included a particularly intense, and sometimes traumatizing, training session for every time he "spoke out of turn."

It wasn't until after the age of 10 that Felix began to perform better under his father's tutelage. Strangely enough, this coincided with a complete difference in Felix's behavior at times, usually during one of Gerulf's scenarios. The Combusken didn't seem to realize this himself, and he was responding better and better to his training in general. His father ignored Berta's concern, while Thane said nothing on the matter. Soon enough, Felix Teufel graduated from training in Swine at the age of 15 and was deployed in the field.

Felix's different 'personalities' were noticed almost immediately by those who saw him during both on-duty and off-duty. It raised enough concern that his superiors kept a close eye on him from then on. As far as they could tell, Felix performed admirably as a Knight, though certainly not Knight-Commander quality. Felix's personal life couldn't be micromanaged by other Pokemon, and he never really did anything that directly violated the Knights' code of honor. Therefore, Felix wasn't seen as any sort of real threat to the Council's way of life.

At the age of 18, Felix evolved into a Blaziken. As a present, his mother gave him the helmet of his grandfather, which inspired the color theme for Felix's current armor. By this time, Felix was aware of what was happening with him. During the past five years, he has worked on making himself more consistent, trying to consolidate both 'personalities' into one. The only real result so far has been to create a habit of talking to himself. But hey, this isn't something that would put Felix or the Council at risk.

Right?

Moveset: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch, Night Slash

Roleplay Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I have been informed that some may have exams during this time. If you are in exam time please let us know here in this thread so that your fellow rpers also know.

As to knights and history, someone raised a good query. If you are doing a SU for a knight, now that lineage matters in a way. If you are a child of a knight then you are accepted easily and taken to Swine to train till the age of 15. For those outside of having knight parents you are usually taken a few years after your birth, but not after the age of 9. Females will often be ridiculed while doing training and many end up quitting before a year is up. Keep that in mind as well. If you all have any other questions such as this then please ask here.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Songbird's Knight-Commander Alice has been accepted! Welcome board :3

EDIT: I should also mention that we have an Etherpad for easy way of chatting and getting a hold of people for JPs, and I shall send the people who get accepted a link to it :) You don't need to use it, but it's there if you want!

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I have been informed that some may have exams during this time. If you are in exam time please let us know here in this thread so that your fellow rpers also know.

Yeah, that's me. :P Just a heads up that I won't be active till next Thursday or so, and might not have much time to work on the SU.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Aw man, epic sad face. I saw the OOC get accepted and came to get a look last night but it was 4 in the morning and I was just too tired to make an SU. Then I wake up and it's already full at an incredible rate O.o

I'd like to wish everybody here luck though, I already know some of you well enough to know you're excellent Roleplayers, I'm sure Shattered Era will do great.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Name: Dexter "Dex" Fitzroy

Pokemon Species: Electivire

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists (For Mechanist players.): Newborn

Job Title: Field Technician

Appearance: Having been selectively bred, Dex carries with him some of the best Electivire genes, making him bigger than the average yellow tank. He stands taller, weighs more, and cuts quite an imposing figure even to those of a similar stature. As all Electivire are, Dex is reckless, and he has the battle scars to show it. Across his eye runs a scar from a battle that he refuses to speak of, his first serious injury. Apart from that, his thick yellow fur is often ratty and unkempt, often matted down with sweat--this motley coat only covers a more abused hide that is riddled in various permanent scars and bruises. Embracing the Mechanist way of life, he turned to machines to adapt.

What once was a huge frustration for Dex quickly became his greatest inspiration when he opted to surgically implant himself a robotic eye that was far superior to his now invalid one. While the lens of the eye emits a red light similar to his original eye color, a bit of the underworking of the eye is exposed through the visicious scar that still remains visible across the left side of his face. Feeling that such would have never happened if he were a bit stronger, he also improvised a few shock guns into additional tails--3 to be precise, two that typically rest above his real ones, and another that lurks around his head like a scorpion stinger. Although he desperately yearns to modify more and more of himself with this machinery, he has not the resources, for now...

Personality: Dex is a genius. While he boasts that he has a higher I.Q. than Alakazam, nobody realy knows for sure. Regardless, he is a genius nonetheless--especially when it comes to mechanics. Because of this, as well as a general belief that his "superior genes" make him superior, he is rather cold and condescending to most everyone else... Although some suggest that he merely puts up this facade due to an inability to properly socialize. If you asked Dex, he'd simply say that he hates everyone but his machines. And so that might be true, the young inventor retreating to solitude early on and for much of his life. This limited Pokemon to Pokemon contact might attribute to his abrasive nature, but he'd never let anyone know that.

While he is a bit eccentric, Dex is not one for all the melodrama. He would rather kill first and ask questions never. If he doesn't already know it, then it's not important enough to know. Or at least that is the attitude that he seems to have about a lot of things. Careless and impassive, there is no one that he would admit to be close to--and if there actually is anyone, they don't want to admit it either. Underneath this all though, Dex carries relatively noble ideals. He wants to better all Pokemon kind through technology, he believes the future of all life relies on the ability of Pokemon to merge with machine and... make corrections to otherwise limited faculties. He is headstrong though, and unwilling to compromise on the issue or even hear the other side. If you won't willfully assimilate, then he truly will have no problem making that choice for you... if he doesn't accidentally kill you.

Having been a hermit, Dex looks at other Mechanists with a weary eye, untrusting of their motives. Knights of Oran are completely out of the question. He refuses to have anything to do with them, and while he won't really divulge why, the intensity of his hatred burns far greater than just any normal Mechanist. While he is not exactly a revered inventor, there have been some rumors at times; the technology he adorned his body with is his own, and he doesn't plan on just letting anyone get a look at it so they can reproduce it. While he works with the Declarum Forces, he hesistates to call himself one of their soldiers, likening himself to be more of a partner to the organization than anything--after all, he is going to have to get parts somehow and the Knights of Oran definitely aren't going to be the ones to supply those. In his desire to be omnipotent, Dex acquired a nasty addiction of sorts. Electricity. Batteries, lamp posts, fuse boxes... you name it.

If it is electrical, Dex wants to drain it. The feeling that it provides is something that he can only describe as euphoric and tantalizing to all the sense. But more than that, it rejuvenates him and surges him with energy. Despite how bad it might be for his health, when he works in his lab, he often would forego sleep in exchange for sucking some spare batteries or random generator dry. After all, time is money, and if you waste time sleeping... well then you waste money.

History:

Moveset: Wild Charge, Charge Beam, Protect, Pyschic

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Forget what I said earlier. Exams can kiss my ass. xD

So it seems I've had a sudden rush of inspiration, and the SU is done and ready to go! :3 Here he is... M:

Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Despite your cheeky comment Xilf, I think we could probably find a spot for you and your Asperger-Kirlia ;P Xilfer's William Mal- I mean, W, is accepted!

Great to have you along :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not intending to make him overpowered by making him physically strong. Rather the other way around since he's almost ashamed of it. Hope it works. Will finish personality section soon.

Spr_b_4d_166_m.png

Name
    Arbosas Vimmelwing​

Pokémon Species
    Ledian​

Newborn or Entrenched
    Entrenched​

Job Title
    Field Technician​

Appearance
    Arbosas' young body does not possess any scars or oddities to set her apart from other Ledian. However, she never goes around naked. As if her eyes weren't goggle-looking already, Arbo has constructed herself a pair of goggles with which she can see well in darkness, through smoke and if she powers it up temporarily with pokémon powers or an electric source she can also get the x-ray function to work momentarily. It's a bit too much for the little machine though, so if she uses that function for too long, the goggles overheat and she has to repair them. The goggles also have electrodes linked to her own natural antennas, so she doesn't need to pick up her cellphone to communicate with others from a distance - she'll just hit some buttons on her goggles and speak up.

She doesn't wear anything on her back since she wants unrestricted use to her wings; she hovers in the air more often than she stands on the ground. But a belt across the lower part of her belly, stuck under the scales on her back, allows her to carry various small things in rectangular pouches.

She wears different kinds of gloves on her two pairs of hands. On her lower pair, she wears brown leather gloves that mostly just gives good grip and makes sure she can withstand occasional burns or electric shocks or other accidents that can happen when she fiddles with mechanic stuff. Her upper pair of fists wear thinner brown canvas gloves with small, specialized metal rigs on top of them. With these, she can with a click reel out various necessary tools such as a screwdriver, a mini-hammer, pinces and tongs.

She also wears brown boots made of leather and various little inner pieces of metal and plastic which can use magnets to stick to metal surfaces or technology derived from other bugs to stick to just about any surface. They can also, like her lower gloves, deliver a mean punch if something uncomfortable comes too close.​

Personality
    The Vimmelwings have always been decent and calm bugs. In a way, Arbo is the opposite of that. Some words that summarize her well are energetic, forthright and defiant.

She doesn't like to beat around the bush. Girls playing mindgames to lure in boys, people deceiving each other, even innocent lies are all stupid and unnecessary in Arbo's mind. If you want something and believe that you deserve it, go and get it, or speak forth if you have to ask someone for it. So many grayscales. Arbo likes when everything is black and white. Either you mean something, or you don't. Either you are mean, or you aren't. Sometimes she can give blunt comments on purpose, just to stir things up.

There is an innate sense in her to not enjoy obeying others. She is really a free spirit. People putting others into categories, specific work descriptions, even rules and laws are all grinding her gears. If she's ever forbidden to do something, chances are she'll do it as soon as she gets the chance to. Just to defy whoever told her off. She can't really help it; it is as if she harbors a strong glow deep inside herself that can't always be contained.

With others, Arbo isn't as awful as you could guess from the above. She doesn't like to chat away about unimportant things, since that's unnecessary and stupid in her opinion, but when there is some topic she cares about, she can be almost hot-headed in discussions. She can seem blunt and even selfish at times, but again that's mostly because she feels awkward trying to actively make others like him. Despite everything, she realizes that friends and family are something you have to take care of. If someone threatened her parents, or her enclave even, she wouldn't hesitate a second to rush to resist.

She has one interest in his life, pretty much. Technology. She has scouted old parts of the enclave by herself and tried to put together new inventions to further improve the lifestyle of the Mechanists. As with many inventors, most of her stuff have been failures. But she doesn't give up, especially not since she started helping the Declarum Forces. If you ever can't find her, you can bet she's been tinkering with some machine in a garage for hours, or ran around in underground tunnels alone again. Which totally is prohibited, but of course she doesn't care.​

History
    Ever since she was a little kid, she's been told he holds remarkable strength in her arms and feet. She should train to become part of the Declarum Forces as soon as she could! But she never liked being labeled and told what to do. Instead, she went her own way. Arbosas Vimmelwing's parents had been calm and happy Ledyba workers in the enclave, never trying to rise up or be noticed in any way - not even evolving. Arbo evolved into a Ledian on her 13th birthday, earlier than most even for bugs. Still, she refused to do what was expected of her, and chose the path of a technician instead. Her mind was strong as well, maybe not on the social part at all times, but definitely in a lab or workshop. Harnessing pokémon powers like electric or psychic, she could power up instruments and weapons in ways that had puzzled the Mechanists before. Her still strong body could easily hold the sturdy boots and gloves she put on them, but she seldom tried to use his limbs for actual fighting.

But on her 18th birthday, Arbo got into a fight at a bar. Her friends had convinced her to come out for a drink. Some other pokémon at the bar, who knew Arbo's parents and had gotten a bit drunk at that point, told Arbo's group loudly how disappointed they all were that Arbo would fiddle with technician stuff instead of standing up for the Mechanists like the soldier she should be, like the pokémon speaking had been. Arbo, not being used to the liquor, flew off the handle and knocked the rude pokémon out with a flurry of repeated Comet Punches before anyone could stop her. After that day, people were both in fear and in awe of the young technician. They knew she was strong, but most accepted now that she didn't want to fight. Only that she could if he needed to.

And Arbo decided to stand by the Declarum Forces after all. Just not as a frontline weapon's artist. She would help them improve and repair their gadgets and weapons and assist them in whatever missions they thought she could be useful. But she didn't use his Comet Punch again. Not until she really had to.​

Moveset
    Comet Punch || Light Screen || Reflect || Supersonic​

Roleplay Sample
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Despite your cheeky comment Xilf, I think we could probably find a spot for you and your Asperger-Kirlia ;P Xilfer's William Mal- I mean, W, is accepted!

Great to have you along :3

Hoorah! Thanks SB :D Great to be here.

Asperger Kirlia. lol. Never considered it like that. >.> Note to self: find a place for that joke IC.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Moving this to this page. Will be finished later. Perhaps today. Perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps next year. Who knows?

Name (Self-explanatory.): Real Name unknown, but referred to as "Ace"

Age (For Knights the age range can be from 15 to 35. For Mechanists the age range can be from 18 to 55): 24

Gender (Self-explanatory.): Male

Pokemon Species (What are you?): Toxicroak

Job Title: The Phallic Froggie Knight of Oran

Appearance: Ace is your average looking Toxicroak. The only difference between him and his fellow Poison Frogs are his unnaturally long spikes on his hands, sticking out about a foot or so. He takes great pride in his poisony, slimy look. He almost hates to wear armor and cover the "beauty" that is his self, but it's the Knight's code, and the Knight's code is to be followed. His armor consists of a light blue chainmail cuirass with an Oran Berry emblazoned upon it, a light metal breastplate underneath it, white steel greaves, light blue steel gauntlets with holes to accommodate for his hand-spikes, and a white helm that shows nothing of his head. When he dons his armor nothing is visible of his body with the exception of his spikes.

Personality (Two paragraphs at least required. I consider this a very important section so make sure to flesh yourself out. If I feel that your character is not fleshed out then I will make sure to inform you of what you should add. It is highly recommended that you add in religious beliefs, talk about how they act toward those in the other side of the war, and their own beliefs in how the war should be carried out.):

History (From childhood to where you are now. If you have an questions about specific ways a child is raised in the civilizations then feel free to PM me.):

Moveset: Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Sludge Bomb, Revenge

Roleplay Sample (Has to be at least two paragraphs, but you can do one of the following. 1) You can lift a rp sample from another roleplay and slap it here or 2) If you don't have a sample such as that, you can just make a small post as your character. It's none canon and will simply serve to show off your rping skills. Not only that but it'll give Bastian and I a quick view into how well you can rp.)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I see the SUs are coming along nicely! Great! Be sure to write a little message once it's done, especially if it's further up/back than the newest couple of messages :P

Also, if you need any kind of help, with writing the SU, questions regarding the world and 'people' in it, go ahead and ask me or Greiger :) We'd be happy to help you guys!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, was it okay that I wrote about being in a bar and stuff for the Mechanists? I figured they might have adopted some human-lifestyle-stuff.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Yeah of course Red's! Hehe, pretty much anything in human cities is free game. They are mostly living a human life by this point.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • You know, this is like the first time I've found myself genuinely interested in others' SUs. I have to say you all are a creative bunch, and I'm having a fun time looking over the characters I'll be killing RPing alongside. ^.^ Just feeling oddly complimentary today.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I feel like it's cheating, but I liked this character too much to let him slip through the cracks. I've changed it a bit to avoid the Knight-Commander thing, but it's stayed relatively the same. Is that okay?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back