• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation or Xbox?

Outlier

LOVE the thread OP, but you should add a pole so we can settle this once and for all.

Anyways Playstation wins because it has SUPERIOR graphics, SUPERIOR exclusives as well as just being the SUPERIOR console.

Inb4 Microsoft fanboys start hating on Sony. At least Sony didn't hand out their user's personal information to the Government like Micro did. Absolutely despicable!

GO TEAM SONY !!!! ) X

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Neither (PC), but if I had to choose I'd have to go with Sony.

Microsoft screwed up their exclusives, kind of flipped off its loyal base initially, botched its controller, and doesn't have many games going for them that I find personally appealing.

Sony's offerings, on the other hand, seem more promising.

Years
  • Playstation! I've been investing in Sony consoles ever since we got the PSOne. It's mainly the exclusive JRPGs that catch my attention, still don't have a PS4 yet though D: Probably won't be getting one until the summer :( I feel like the Playstation suits my gaming style: solo player. I'd rather invest my time enjoying a game, rather than rage quitting at other players XD

TY

I dont prefer the one over the other to be honest. Both had their flaws and both had their strengths. So its hard to tell which system is better, cause Sony had a huge blow aswell with the giant hacker assault on PSN which shutted it down for a long time.
    But if i had to pick i would go for Playstation, as i actually own those systems.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • Im not a huge fan of Xbox from 2 Red Rings of Death, so since 2007 my family and myself have been on Playstation.
    I have always seemed to trust them more, even with the security breach, and I have never had any trouble with their systems.
    However, if for some reason my Playstation was replaced with an Xbox, I would have no real problems as long as I have my GTA V, haha.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Playstation! I've played Xbox many times as well, but Playstation consoles have always been my favorite. I've never liked the way Microsoft handled things with banning certain people for ignorant reasons, never giving good deals like Playstation Plus does, and thinking it was a good idea to not allow the use of used games without paying an additional fee. Obviously they changed this, BUT entirely because they realized it would hurt their sales drastically because the PS4 allows them. They didn't care about the complaints if they weren't going to effect profit, but it was going to so they changed their minds. Also being forced to have a Kinect Bar and on at all times? That's literally the main reason why it's $100 more than PS4. So what if I don't care to use the Kinect Bar and only want to play version exclusives like Halo? (only reason I like Xbox) Well too bad you just spent $100 to have a big sensor sit on top of your tv! Ugh. PS3 had free online gaming, which is something that would have made me loyal to any brand of console automatically. PS4 will cost a fee, however will have a lot more features than PS3 did so it's justified. It also seems more focused on gaming, which is the main reason we all buy VIDEO GAME consoles am I right? Xbox One is focused on all forms of media, having everything on "one" console. While it's good to included more things, it seems like gaming takes a back seat. PS4 has cool features that are games in themselves with using the camera and motion function in the controller. Xbox One has gaming and then a bunch of subscription TV, movie, blah blah blah, features that will go to waste because I would have already spent all of my money on the expensive system. In fact I don't believe Microsoft really ever truly cared about gaming. On PC maybe, but not the console market. I've heard the main reason they made the Xbox was to compete with Sony, not because they had any interest in making a video game system. Both systems have similar features, but I believe Playstation's focus on gaming makes them superior.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well... I have both systems, so, I can't make much of an opinion here, because I do like the both of them. If anything, I guess I lean more towards the Playstation because it has more or less the majority of RPG games that I love playing like Tales of Graces, Tales of Vesperia, and Disagea. The Xbox has some great games too for it's system, but.. yeah.

Years
  • Now, I'm only talking from a previous generation experience (aka Xbox 360 vs Ps3), but I've found I've enjoyed Xbox when it came to multiplayer titles, and just in general how much easier it was to stay connected with my friends through Xbox Live then it was through Playstation Network. I really like alot of Ps3 exclusives, which are mostly single player based. So in my mind:

Playstation=Single Player
    Xbox=Multiplayer/Social

There are some games on the market that playstation doesn't really play well with as well (I'm looking mostly at you, Skryim), so it's sometimes nice to have both consoles so that you can always get the best version of a particular title.

Playstation has the better Motion Controller of the two, but also the worse titles. It's really sad to. I REALLY like the Playstation Move, it outdoes it's competition in waves (I haven't tried the new Kinect yet, so I may yet change my mind). However, as far as standard controllers go, I really like the 360 pad over the Duelshock 3. The triggers on the Duelshock are awkward, and the motion control function was a mess.

I will admit though, Xbox is only really appealing because it's what my friends use, and I really just use an Xbox to spend time with my friends.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • The Xbox wins the more social part of gaming, with the party chat systems and whatnot. Buuuut, it usually gets bad strikes on its gaming community. Y'know, the whole 10 year old CoD player thing.

Then again, the Xbox has sold more units, therefore has a larger playerbase. The PS3's known for being more reliable though (RROD, anyone?), and for having better games for single player, as some above posts have said.

Really, in theory I like both, but in opinion, the PS3 just beats it.

Years
  • can't I just have Nintendo though
    If I had to pick one it'd be Sony, I own a PS3 and a Vita and they're both pretty nice systems. Microsoft... I just don't like their games consoles. I've never owned any sort of Xbox because the games just don't interest me at all. I don't really care about the social side of gaming that both Sony and Microsoft seem to be pushing these days... it all seems to be less about games and more about... everything else. So yep. I like Sony and hate Microsoft with a passion.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Here we go gam3r wars r happening I go with sony its bettr xbox is garbage compared 2 sony in fact xbox is notmin the same league xbox can suck it long n hard I hate xbox

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Depends on comparison... if we compare PS3 to XBox then (as a hardcore Sony fan) I must say that XBox offers better hardware. This is pretty much the same with PS4 x XBoxOne but PS4 graphics is overwhelming.

As we have in different thread, XBox controller is crap so Sony wins in controlling.
    And... now we have exclusives. That's something XBox will never win. Since they only have Halo series and few other series they focus their attention on, they won't be able to overcome the huge gap that was created over the years =)

All together, Playstation is the way.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I would have to say, I prefer Playstation.

One of my favourite genres is JRPGs, and Playstation usually has a good amount of them when compared to the measly amount that Xbox have. I'm also not to fond of the Xbox library, since I'm not that much into shooters. Also, my original 360 got RROD, which I got fixed only to RROD again. So, because of that my likening to Xbox isn't exactly high.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • One more vote for Playstation.

I have a console collection that basically covers everything by Nintendo, Sega and Sony from the 8-bit era to today (except for the PS4, maybe in a year or two I'll get it), but when it comes to Microsoft consoles, let's just say I've never been interested for various reasons.

First of all, I'm not into online multiplayer, so online performance isn't a factor for me. As for what I didn't like in individual systems:

• I have no nostalgia towards the original XBox, because neither I nor any of my friends had one.
    • The XBox360 had RROD. I know, the problem has been mostly fixed in recent hardware revisions, but I'm just paranoid enough not to get a 360 because of this. Plus, there's the disc scratching issue which has never been fixed.
    • The XBox One... I know, I'm still paranoid, but the way they turned off the DRM isn't exactly reassuring. They shipped the console with it, and forced the players to download a simple patch to deactivate the DRM. I don't know if they'll eventually turn it back on, but here's the thing: the console still has whatever hardware support is needed for the DRM, so if they decide to turn it back on and say "We've already got your money, deal with it", they can.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Neither. I really hate communities that both systems have and I don't have any interest in any games. Also, console wars are ****ing stupid.

Reactions: T!M

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Out of the two, Playstation will always win for me. Why? Well, Playstation nearly always has better exclusives than X-BOX. They also have PS+, which is a really awesome way to entice people to get the membership. X-BOX's are still great consoles though.

And I agree with Para, Console wars are really stupid.

Reactions: T!M
    Back