• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation or Xbox?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    Neither. I really hate communities that both systems have and I don't have any interest in any games. Also, console wars are ****ing stupid.
    I hate console wars to, although hopefully most of us here are just giving our honest, non-biased opinions. The people I don't like are the ones that flat out refuse to play games on a certain brand of console/handheld and apparently find absolutely no enjoyment in any other form of video game system. Those are not true gamers. I might prefer Playstation, but I love Halo and Left 4 Dead on Xbox. I might prefer PC gaming, but I still love playing Wii Sports. I also play old games/systems from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. They all produce quality products.

Reactions: T!M

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    They also have PS+, which is a really awesome way to entice people to get the membership. X-BOX's are still great consoles though.
    XBox has XBox Gold or whatever it's called, it's crappy PS+ but they do have this feature as well =)

One of my favourite genres is JRPGs, and Playstation usually has a good amount of them when compared to the measly amount that Xbox have. I'm also not to fond of the Xbox library, since I'm not that much into shooters.
    Exact reasons why I love PS and don't like XBox =D

Also, my original 360 got RROD, which I got fixed only to RROD again. So, because of that my likening to Xbox isn't exactly high.
    That's a tough luck...

Neither. I really hate communities that both systems have and I don't have any interest in any games. Also, console wars are ****ing stupid.
    Stupid? They are pretty cute in my opinion.

Playstation or Xbox?
    vs
    Playstation or Xbox?

And another reason for PS win =D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    They also have PS+, which is a really awesome way to entice people to get the membership. X-BOX's are still great consoles though.
    XBox has XBox Gold or whatever it's called, it's crappy PS+ but they do have this feature as well =)

One of my favourite genres is JRPGs, and Playstation usually has a good amount of them when compared to the measly amount that Xbox have. I'm also not to fond of the Xbox library, since I'm not that much into shooters.
    Exact reasons why I love PS and don't like XBox =D

Also, my original 360 got RROD, which I got fixed only to RROD again. So, because of that my likening to Xbox isn't exactly high.
    That's a tough luck...

Stupid? They are pretty cute in my opinion.

Playstation or Xbox?
    vs
    Playstation or Xbox?

And another reason for PS win =D

Last edited:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    *cough* PC *COUGH*

But seriously one of my first console ever was a Playstation 2, and honestly it was amazing, like crazy amazing, I never really did like Xbox due to the whole screaming kids in the chat saying that they ****ed my mom and that I am a total noob *ss f**git, so yeah, personally I prefer Sony consoles better. And since Xbox one happened it just solidifies my answer even more.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    PS I don't care about sports or FPS and that is Xbox has. PS FTW!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    In the new generation I prefer the PS4 over the Xbox One. However, I prefer the Xbox 360 more than the Playstation 3. The PS3 was better for games, but the Xbox 360 was better with social media, and everything besides games. I would strictly only buy a PS3 for the games nowadays.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    In the new generation I prefer the PS4 over the Xbox One. However, I prefer the Xbox 360 more than the Playstation 3. The PS3 was better for games, but the Xbox 360 was better with social media, and everything besides games. I would strictly only buy a PS3 for the games nowadays.
    Those social thingies were also the reason why 360 (I don't know which part of Xbox name can be used to avoid ripping off Sony xD 'cause... you know... X = X, Box = square, 360 = circle) system occupy more space on HDD.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
    Here we go gam3r wars r happening I go with sony its bettr xbox is garbage compared 2 sony in fact xbox is notmin the same league xbox can suck it long n hard I hate xbox

-And how does that make you feel?

I guess I'm gonna be the elephant in the room and say I prefer Xbox over Playstation any day of the week, and instead of hastily saying; Xbawx rulez, Playstation dr00lz, like our friend here. I'm gonna give my reasons.

My first ever gaming console, besides the N64 or SNES, or even the Sega consoles, was the Playstation 1. I had hours and hours of fun torching fools with Spyro's baby dragon breath, or becoming a ninja cyclone of death as Crash Bandicoot. Heck, I even had Midnight Club for it, once upon a time, and occasionally got those promotional disks from Pizza Hut.

Loved every minute I was playing those games, loved it. Then the PS2 came out, and my friends invited me to try it out. God of War was completely badass, and I was easily addicted to it. You could say I was well on my way to becoming a Sony fan boy. But my family was poor. Instead of buying us a PS2 for Christmas one year, they bought the Xbox original.

More friends of mine had that than they did Playstations, and for the exact same reasons. My first game was Halo: Combat Evolved, and then came along Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, along with a few other exclusives. I found myself more in love with these games than the Playstation exclusives. Over time, when the 360 became available, I finally had the money to buy whichever console I wanted. 360 or PS3.

Before I made the executive decision, I decided to try out my friend's PS3 that he had gotten, mind you this is the same guy that got the PS2. We played it, but something was wrong with the controller design, and I found my hands cramped more frequently than usual, and it just felt awkward. The games and graphics were mind blowing, but my gigantic, sensitive hands made the decision clear. I bought the 360.

Not only did it have Halo 3 coming soon, but the controller was much more comfortable for me to use, and most of my friends were going to have it, which meant some interesting nights on Xbox Live with my pals.

Don't get me wrong, I still play PS3 with my buddies, so I come to respect both of the consoles equally, my preference is just in the Xbox, where people have said, it's social capabilities are much more capable.

Now that the Next-Gen consoles have been released, I found myself bearing the same question; get the PS4? or get the Xbox One. Well, now that I've found myself a decent job, I could get both if I really want to, but for right now, I got my hands on the Xbox One, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

We could fight about the Graphics, or the specs of both consoles for hours on end. But in the end, both consoles were built with gaming in mind, and in some way or another, they get the job done. People have their preferences, but no matter which franchise you associate yourself with, the fact of the matter is; we're all Gamers, no matter what means we use.

That's why I hate console wars, because people forget that.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
    I would have to say Xbox it's what I play with friends and I enjoy the social part of it all, being able to party chat makes online game play enjoyable, that's if you can tolerate the immature players.
    Not being able to hold a PS controller correctly has nothing to do with it..

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
    Not being able to hold a PS controller correctly has nothing to do with it...

If you're insinuating that I am incorrectly holding a controller, sir, than you are wrong, and dare I say it is awfully rude of you to assume so. It's not a matter of if I can hold the controller or not, it's the boxy design is uncomfortable, to say the least. The Xbox controller is more rounded, and doesn't force me to stretch my hands uncomfortably around it.

Instead, it allows me to rest my index fingers on both triggers and bumpers. While being able to press the buttons and navigate the analog sticks with ease. It's much more comfortable, and much easier than the Playstation's directional pad, which instead of being at the bottom, like the Xbox controller, is at the top.

You can say that the controllers are all the same throughout the generations, but you cannot say that the size or shape of an individual's hands are the same, either. So if you don't mind, good sir, please don't accuse me of not handling a controller properly. Besides, we're both Xbox fans anyways! Let's just discuss what's good about it, and what might not be so good about it, instead of potentially fuming off of each other's posts.

It's not like I even based my opinions solely on the comfort of the controller. I said they both had their perks, but in the end my investment was better with the Xbox. If I could have both, I would, and probably will in time. But if I want to play friends frequently and for x amount of hours, the Xbox is my go to choice.

Anything I've said in this post or the previous one is entirely my opinion and preference, and were not made in any way to offend or be rude by any measure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I own both PS3 and Xbox 360. Both have titles that call out to me, though I mostly play my PS3 due to free internet with it. I already own a PS4 and don't plan to get an Xbox one since its gimmicks don't appeal to me. I'm fairly in the middle with the two despite playing my PS3 more.

Exclusive lists on both sides are opinionated at best. I think the exclusive lists on both sides suck a lot. Graphics wise there's barely any difference. Though I'm noticing way more bugs and lagging on my PS3 version of Skyrim over the Xbox 360 version that I also own. (yes I have the same game for both consoles. I joined a Trophy hunting group and have to pick up my trophy count so I chose a game I know how to beat.)

I mean each have their ups and downs. Neither can boast superior quality at anything. Some games I find better on the PS3 and others I find better on the Xbox.

The m

???
    Years
    I just don't own any of those, but if I was given a chance I would go for Sony. Microsoft isn't crap, it just gets behind by one point.

Sony has better exclusive library (Loco roco, Kill zone, uncharted, Patapon etc).

Other things do not matter to me, though I do like PSN over X live (Xbox rates are pretty high and it is necessary to buy gold for many features) but I just don't care.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    But my family was poor. Instead of buying us a PS2 for Christmas one year, they bought the Xbox original.
    XBox was ever cheaper than PS2? Wow, I never expected Microsoft to abandon their money hunt.

It's much more comfortable, and much easier than the Playstation's directional pad, which instead of being at the bottom, like the Xbox controller, is at the top.
    Which is reason why many people hate XBox controller. Care to elaborate what in your opinion is better with D-Pad being at the bottom?
    In my opinion is completely stupid idea so I would like to hear opinion from other party.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years

XBox was ever cheaper than PS2? Wow, I never expected Microsoft to abandon their money hunt.

Believe me, as I looked back on it when I mentioned that, I found it hard to believe myself.

Satoshi Ookami said:
    Which is the reason why many people hate XBox controller. Care to elaborate what in your opinion is better with D-Pad being at the bottom?
    In my opinion is completely stupid idea so I would like to hear opinion from other party.

For me, it's ease of access and being able to fluently use both the analog stick and the directional buttons. When you have both Analog sticks at the the bottom, it can be difficult to navigate in FPS games, which is what I primarily play now. Believe me, I've tried numerous Call of Duty, or Battlefield games on my friends PS3.

While they are fun to play, it is incredibly problematic when I'm trying to use the highly sensitive, weirdly placed left side analog stick. If my hand cramps up, which it does frequently thanks to the boxy design, and I try to re-situate my hand, my left thumb easily brushes up against it, which could cause problems in game.

However, Playstation controllers definitely have some things over the Xbox controller, such as the sensitivity of the analog sticks. It makes it nice when I'm not accidentally breaking my analog sticks by trying to make my character move forward. Something Xbox one did well on with it's controller design.

Again, by no means am I saying that the Xbox is superior, nor am I saying the Playstation is superior either. But due to PERSONAL PREFERENCE and Reasons already stated, I like the Xbox more, and no amounts of attempting to persuade me is going to make me change, even if most of my points may sound invalid, which, if you were in my situation, you would understand. But not everyone is a Andre the Giant 2.0, are we?

Anyways, I dunno if I shook the bee's nest by coming in here trying to discuss my personal preferences and opinions with little to no bias or not about the Xbox. But I guess I'm gonna bug out. Go ahead and bicker about the Xbox if that is really what your prerogative is, but just know that I and many other Xbox users don't disagree with you for a lot of things, and some of us think the PS3/PS4 are superior to Xbox in some things.

Microsoft has some 'stupid' ideas, and Sony has it's fair share of 'stupid' ideas. Everyone makes mistakes, but in all honesty, they both serve the same purpose, and people need to see that.

But anyways, I'm out folks. Laugh at me on the way out, or whatever, doesn't bother me a bit. And before anyone asks, nah brah, I'm not mad. I just don't like beating a dead horse with a stick.

Last edited:

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    Nobody seems to mention that often the fact that PS3 online was free and XBOX 360 wasn't, and that alone is enough reason for me to choose Playstation over Xbox as my main console. You can play PS3 games online for free as long as you have Wi-Fi, but if you pay and sign up for Playstation Plus you get really good deals and free games every month. It's comparable to the type of deals Steam gives. On XBOX 360 you have to pay to play online and don't get nearly as good of deals! They have changed this and now both systems make you pay to play, however I still like the way Playstation handles things. The only reason I play Xbox is for the Halo series!

Years
    PlayStation, but I honestly couldn't give two f*cks about the specs. I prefer Sony's consoles because they seem to have a little more soul, a little more tying-together, while the Xbox line just seems like tacking technology together that doesn't really fit.

Largely overlapping with this, I like some of Sony's first-party IPs, like Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank. I'd put those up with some of Nintendo's and Sega's. Microsoft doesn't really have any.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
    Playstation forever <3

great consoles and great varieties in RPGs, full of classics. Xbox, IMO, seems to have mostly FPS...(which I don't like)

Back