• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Consoles Over the Years

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, if you've grown up playing the Nintendo consoles, which ones do you remember playing, and which ones were your favourite? Which ones did you not really care for? Just to give you a run down of them:

NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
    Spoiler:

Gameboy
    Spoiler:

SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
    Spoiler:

Virtual Boy
    Spoiler:

Nintendo 64
    Spoiler:

Gameboy Color
    Spoiler:

Nintendo GameCube
    Spoiler:

Gameboy Advance
    Spoiler:

Gameboy Advance SP
    Spoiler:

Nintendo DS
    Spoiler:

Nintendo DS Lite
    Spoiler:

Nintendo Wii
    Spoiler:

Nintendo DSi
    Spoiler:

Nintendo DSi XL
    Spoiler:

Nintendo 3DS
    Spoiler:

Nintendo Wii U
    Spoiler:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • The Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube and the GBA Sp. Were all a big part of my childhood. However, I also had a DS and a Wii and I miss those so much :/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Nintendo systems I've owned over the years are: a Game Boy Color, a GBA SP, a Gamecube, a Wii, a DS Lite, and a 3DS. I no longer have the GB Color, the Gamecube, or the DS Lite. I've never owned an N64 or an SNES, but I have played on them a bit before.

They've all been good to me, particualry the Gamecube and 3DS. Glad the Wii has backwards compatibility.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • The SNES and N64 are a huge part of my life. For the SNES Super Mario World is what got me into gaming. The N64 is the most important to me because of the fact I still remember my sister, grandma, and I playing through Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, such great memories! Oh, how great it would be to have the impossible happen and have a BK 3 on the Wii U.

Years
  • Out of all of 'em, there's only three I've never owned. The NES because it came out before I was born, the Virtual Boy because it was never released in Europe and the DSi XL because I didn't see the point of getting one at the time (now I wish I had). My favourite systems are the Gamecube, Wii and DS... the Wii U's slowly getting there. The 3DS XL is my favourite gaming system of all time, so... there you go.

Years
  • First Nintendo console I owned was the N64; Ocarina of Time made it entirely worth it. Had a few classic games on there and now I regret ever selling that thing ;___; GameCube was next. It's basically my party console because that's the only console that has decent multiplayer games for when friends come over. And I also have the 3DS! :D Determined to build my game library for it :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The NES and the SNES really brought back many great memories.

I still remember that the first console I ever saw was the NES, sadly never played since I was too young, my uncle and my mom played them for hours. I still remember the first game I saw was the Mario/Duck hunting one (forgot the name)

My first Nintendo console was the SNES, when my grandma bought it as a birthday present, around 1992 or 1993 (can't remember exact year). The first game I ever played was Super Mario World! The game my grandma and I loved playing was Bubsy. So much nostalgia! I miss the console, it stayed in California when my grandma and I moved to Seattle in 1996.

I remember long ago being obsessed with the N64 (especially with Conker's Bad Fur Day) - after school, almost 6 straight hours of gaming.

Today I only own an original grey DS, a black DS Lite, and a red Nintendo 3DS XL [not exactly red anymore, I bought a Pokemon decal/cover for it] - I"m happy with what I have, I forgot I already ordered a (used) Flame Red 3DS. Pokemon Black 2 was the first ever game I bought with my own hard earn money, prior to B2 most other games or consoles where bought for me either Christmas or birthday presents.

I always loved Nintendo more than the other consoles/companies. I'm always spending more money on Nintendo related stuff than any other company.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I care deeply for basically every Nintendo console that isn't the Virtual Boy, lmao. But even still, its design is so silly that I think it's adorable. It makes for a great decoration in Animal Crossing, and I think it's nice that it was included in New Leaf the way it was. I don't know, just seems like one of those "laugh at your own mistakes" kind of thing, so yeah.

Anyway, my first console was a SNES, and the first console I owned for myself was an N64. I have all the main Nintendo consoles aside from the Wii U, and my favorite is probably the Wii, simply because of the backwards compatibility with the GameCube and the Virtual Console. It's like having 4 Nintendo consoles in one, which is why I'm saying it's my favorite. Without including those features though, I'd say the N64 is my favorite. So many great games, and I'm still working on my library. :)

As far as handhelds go, I actively collect them. I'm missing a GameBoy Pocket (which I did have when I was a kid, but lost it), GameBoy Micro, DSi, and 2DS. Don't know what's so magical about handhelds for me to collect them, but it's fun nonetheless. Makes me happy.

I enjoy all my Nintendo consoles, and they've never really disappointed me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My top favorite:

1.) Nintendo DS- Elite Beat Agents, Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS, Rhythm Heaven, Electroplankton, Matio and Luigi: Partners in Time, Final Fantasy 3, etc.
    2.) Nintendo Gamecube- Pokemon Colosseum & Gale of Darkness, Super Smash Bros Melee, LoZ: Windwaker, Animal Crossing, Mario Party 4
    3.) Nintendo 3DS- Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, MK7, Pokemon X & Y, Donkey Long Country Returns, New Super Mario Land 3D
    4.) Nintendo 64- Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon N64, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Mario Party 1-3, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Tony Hawk games, Cokur's Bad Fur Day
    5.) Nintendo Wii- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Madworld, Xenoblade chronicles, LoZ; Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Paper Mario

Back