• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3… 2… 1…

Years
  • Usually I'm not really immersed with racing games, but I do remember having fun at my friend's house playing Gran Turismo 3.

Noibat

Years
  • I normally only play things like Mario Kart and fun party games. I haven't played a "core" game in awhile. I think the last one I did was Test Drive for the ps2

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Need for Speed series and Gran Turismo were great racing games that I truly loved. I also played this F1 Racing game for the PSP which is good as well overall it's just how graphically appealing the game and the controls are made for racing games. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Lmao I feel ashamed but Mario Kart Racing. Those games are so freakin fun, it doesn't matter if you're playing by yourself or in a group of people. Nintendo has found the formula to make a racing game not competitve but fun, and still it can be competitive and even more fun!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really like watching races, but love playing them, though. Not sure how that works, but... I guess playing is just a little more exciting? xD" One of my favorite titles would definitely have to be Mario Kart. Have been playing it ever since I was a kid, and still do. I'm also quite a big fan of Need for Speed. Only game I don't like from this series is Undercover (founds its story to be sort of confusing), but others were completely amazing, though.

Years
  • Huge fan of Need For Speed series here. My most favorite were Most Wanted(2005) Carbon and Underground. Now I sometimes play World as well. Started loving NFS more after Underground came out, because modding was introduced. Making drag racing records in Underground was my favorite thing to do in this game. I used to be a huge fan of racing overall, especially Formula One, always playing games of that kind on NES or SNES. Mario Kart series are my favorite too, Super Mario Kart, 64 and Double Dash being on top.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Aw, how about Diddy Kong Racing for the N64?

Needs more fans! Ah, anyway, Diddy Kong Racing, for me was a really fun game to play. It had really silly characters like good ol' Diddy, T-T, Timber, etc. Plus the sound effects were pretty funny too, haha. I really love playing Adventure Mode, racing against all of those beasts like that Walrus and that Dragon. Wizpig was no slouch either; took me a couple of tries to finally beat his first & second races (well, even more so on the second race cause of that rocket, ugh). My favourite character is Timber the Tiger; just cause I like em' Tigers. That Rooster guy was pretty fast though.. I only used him on Time Trials too.

There were three types of vehicles you can use: Hovers, Planes, and Cars. I prefer Hovers because I was a sucker for em' back then! Also makes them handy for crossing water ravines for those quick shortcuts. :3 I had to practice planes before I finally got it right, since turning with them used to be pretty tricky for me, until I realized you can simply hold down the R button to make sharper turns. Then everything became simple! The item usage was pretty interesting, as you can upgrade your items as long as you hit those same colored balloons (red for rockets, green for hazards, blue for boost power, yellow for magnet attraction). I used to abuse the rocket boost powers! Especially the 3x powerup, in which it especially helps on clearing gaps!

Ohhh and let's not forget Mario Kart!

Mario Kart alone is really fun enough! Except for em' Blue Shells, ugh. But still playing Mario Kart DS with friends from Middle School will always hold a special place in my heart! I'm really excited about Mario Kart 8; the graphics look outstanding and the zero-gravity mechanic looks like a real winner to me! I just wonder whom will we see in the games, other than the ones already revealed. Cause if they have Diddy Kong, Toadette, and Bowser Jr in it, I'm gonna be maining those. 8)

Probably my favourite Mario Kart game(s) would have to be Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart Double Dash. Mario Kart DS because they had mission mode on where you can take out those bosses with items (which they should seriously consider adding them to the next Mario Kart game, imo). Mario Kart Double Dash was also a pretty interesting gimmick for the Mario Kart series, as you get to play as two characters! I really love using the Yoshi x Birdo combo, since they special items are really broken as they can break ahead of them (even in first) so you can get stars and mushrooms. :3

Here's another good mention!

3… 2… 1…

The F-Zero series is sooo much fun. You know what I like about the F-Zero series? These games were not at all like other racing games at the time, especially when F-Zero X for the N64 was released. It was a little bit of a realistic and a cartoonist-style approach of racing games, since cars can explode or fall of very easily but you can also go like 1300 km/h. Gah the speeeed.

Also, this game didn't have any items! So there wasn't much room to gain an advantage over your opponent, except by expert use of Boost Power, or those Boost trails along side the road. Turning and hovering is also key too; I remember playing a course on where you had to jump over a lot of pads, and then quickly drop back down. I don't know how the CPU does it - they would always be faster when it comes to hovering and dropping at good altitudes... hm. Also the music was really cool. Especially the White Land music from F-Zero X; sooo cool.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Racing Games

I feel like I made this topic long ago, haha. Anyway, what are some of your favorite racing games? What about your favorite race tracks? Do you find these kinds of games enjoyable? If they don't appeal to you, what could be done to make these games more interesting?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • psst, there's already a racing thread like this made. It's... technically not dead. ;o; But here, I'll merge this and the other thread for ya, and you can edit in your response!

Anyways, I still stand by my favourite racing games, but, I used to really love playing Sonic Riders, and Crash Bandicoot Racing! Those were pretty addicting games. :3

Back